Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own any of the characters All Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
A/N: Thanks for the review everyone that responded to my first chapter. I would like to say thanks to my beta who is giving me great confidence in posting this. Heres chapter 2 hope you like it.


Chapter 2: Dancing with paint

Getting all the boxes and furniture had taken a total of almost two hours but with four plus the two movers they had gotten it done. Once the movers had driven away, Giles went out to find a hardware store and get the needed things for the new house plus to buy paint. He had very strict orders on what to colors to get for Faith, Buffy, and Dawn.

While they waited for their guardian to return Faith took up with unpacking the dishes and other things for the kitchen while Buffy took over the dining room and Dawn claimed on unpacking things for the living room. The whole time they shouted through out the house the conversation they were having that way they weren’t bored while they unpacked. Upon arriving back, Giles had been bombarded by the three teenagers before they quickly ran back upstairs with their respected paint cans in their hands.

Buffy walked into her new room and placed the paint down on the ground next to her feet. Stepping further into her room, the blonde surveyed the room trying to figure out how she wanted to do this. The walls were covered in blue and white striped wallpaper, which was one of the reasons Faith had said no to this room. Buffy didn’t find the selection in wall paper all that appealing as either. Actually, none of them did which is why they had immediately sent Giles out to the hardware store.

The three of them had both argued for a while before coming to a decision on what rooms they would take up. Making a final decision, they put Buffy in the middle room with Faith and Dawn’s room on either side of hers. A door connected each of their rooms to Buffy’s, which made it rather convenient.

Buffy rather liked her new bedroom. It was spacious as well as the other rooms. On one wall was the window that overlooked the side of the house with a window bench beneath it. Faith had pointed out with a knowing smirk on her face that Buffy’s window had the very easiest way ever to sneak out the window. This was somewhat nice considering now Buffy would wake up in the middle of the night after a nightmare and wished to take a walk through the fresh air.

Across the hall was the bathroom that would be for the girls and further down the hall was where Giles’ room located along with his very own bathroom.

Observing that it was going to take her forever to get the wallpaper down, Buffy skipped over to the door that lead to Faith’s room. Her best friend was currently putting down the plastic to protect the carpet.

“Faithy?” Buffy said with such an innocent voice. Faith straightened at hearing her friend’s voice and cursed. The brunette knew what she was going to ask her.
Faith looked over at the blonde who she considered her sister. “What B?” She asked putting her hands on her hips that were adorning very tight black jeans.

“You wouldn’t mind helping me with pulling down that icky looking wallpaper now would you?” Buffy gave Faith that look.

The look that the whole family knew very well. Faith had seen it many times. She was the one that had taught it to Buffy when they were ten and they needed to work the charms on the parents to get their way. Buffy had twisted it just a tad to fit her own style, with adding the pouty lip. No one could refuse Buffy when she had that glint in her eyes and her little lip jutted out like that. Groaning because she knew there was no use in resisting it, Faith grabbed a hair tie and quickly put her longer than shoulder length hair up in a messy ponytail.

“Fine.” Faith spit out, not really acting angry. Buffy jumped up and down with a happy glowing smile and hugged Faith. “Thank you Faithy.”

Grabbing her portable boombox and the large CD collection that she and Buffy shared, Faith and Buffy walked back into her room to start working. She chose carefully on what band that she and ‘B’ could work to and dance all the while. After Buffy came back with two scraper tools to help peel the wallpaper off, Faith pressed play.

This is where I'll be so heavenly
So come and dance with me Michael
So sexy, you're sexy
come and dance with me Michael


Faith and Buffy walked up to a wall and began to scrape at the wallpaper. Getting just a little piece to peel off, they both grabbed it and pulled, effectively pulling almost the whole sheet that covered the wall of.

I'm all that you see, you want to see
come and dance with me Michael.
So close now so close now
come and dance with me
come and dance with me
so come and dance with me.


By the time the chorus started Buffy and Faith had already gotten into the groove and began to dance wildly with the song.

Michael
You're the boy with all the leather hips
Sticky hair, sticky hips
Stubble on my sticky lips.
Michael
You're the only one I'd ever want
Only one I'd ever want
Only one I'd ever want
Beautiful boys on a beautiful dance floor.


As the song went on they moved to the beat all the while scraping and pulling the paper off. Buffy took her scraper and began to lip-synch the song to Faith. Faith leaned forward and wiggled her upper body.

Michael
You're dancing like a beautiful dance whore
Michael
Waiting on a silver platter now... and nothing matters now.


Dawn walked in from her room upon hearing the loud blasting music and couldn’t help but laugh at the two girls antics. They were dancing wildly and having so much fun as they worked. Dawn leaned against the doorway and giggle occasionally when Buffy or Faith did the most ridiculous move. The dancing they were doing now was so much cleaner than the kind they would do when they went out. The kind of dancing they did while out were usually grinding together and getting lost in the music.

Dawn envied Faith. Sometimes it seemed Buffy was a lot closer to Faith than her own sister. She it wasn’t true, that Buffy cared equally for her best friend and blood sister, but it still couldn’t stop Dawn’s hurt feelings. Though she still had fun whenever the two older girls would let Dawn hang out with them.

This is what I am I am a man
so come and dance with me Michael.
So strong, now its strong now
come and dance with me Michael.
I'm all that you'll be, you'll ever see
so come and dance with me Michael.


They were almost through the whole song and half the room already had the wallpaper pulled off it. See music can help you work faster. Buffy thought as she danced along. Giles would always tell them that studying with music blasting would never help them retain information; or that dancing around would never get work done. Quite the opposite.

So close now so close now.
come and dance with me.
come and dance with me.
so come and dance with me.
Michael,
You're the boy with all the leather hips.
Sticky hair, sticky hips
Stubble on my sticky lips.
Michael,
You're the only one I'd ever want.
Only one I'd ever want.
Only one I'd ever want.
Beautiful boys on a beautiful dance floor.


As the song ended so did Buffy and Faith’s work. All walls were bare except for an occasional scrap of paper but Buffy could paint over it. Panting heavily from their workout Buffy smiled and held her hand up for a high five.
“I expect you to do your beautiful art work for my room.” Faith said pointedly to Buffy. She already had planned what she wanted painted and Buffy was the most artistic. Even though Buffy loved painting, singing/song writing was her real passion. Give Buffy an acoustic guitar, pen, and paper she could come up with very beautiful songs and a beautiful voice to go along with it.

Faith left to go start on her room leaving Buffy in her own room. She ran over to where the paints were and eagerly poured them into the tray. This is going to be fun. She said to herself.

Michael
You're dancing like a beautiful dance whore
Michael
Waiting on a silver platter now... and nothing matters now

*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Buffy stepped back and surveyed her work. Wonderful. She had painted her walls a rather blood red color painting the trims black. As she had waited for the red to dry, Buffy went to work on the symbol Faith wanted painted on her wall that would be above her bed. Not surprisingly, Faith had chosen the Anarchy symbol considering the woman loved to create chaos. Faith had chosen the base colors to be a light grey and use the black for the trims and symbols like Buffy had done.

It was two in the morning and Buffy had just finished getting her own room painted with the art decoration. On the wall that would be where her bed was a large cross that had black and green ivy snaking around it. On the ceiling, Buffy had pulled a Michael Angelo and painted the quote that her mother always used to say to her. “Fear is an emotion indispensable for survival.”- Hannah Arendt She was philosopher that her mother seemed to always be intrigued with.

Now she had just finished painting the Japanese Calligraphy around her doorway.
“すべて邪悪な意思とのそれらをこの部屋から追放されるために許可しなさい”
“Let all those with evil intents be banished from this room”

Buffy stifled a yawn. Bed time Buffy.

Quietly she turned the light off and walked downstairs where the others slept on the living room floor since they had yet to set up their beds. Laying out her sleeping bag Buffy climbed in.

Even though she was tired, it took a good ten minutes to fall asleep. Buffy Summers hoped that this move was for the good. She didn’t want anything bad to happen to her and loving family. She had lost her mother at age of thirteen to a brain cancer. Buffy was the one to find her dead on the couch. The memory of it all was so fresh in her mind. Now four years later Buffy still missed her deeply.

Buffy and Dawn should have gone to their father but he had refused them saying he was too busy with work. It really didn’t matter to either of them since they hadn’t really seen their father since he had left them when Buffy was 7 and then occasional weekend. However, now he was too busy with heading his own law firm and his secretaries. Occasionally they would get the late birthday card and he was still ordered to pay Giles money for child support but that was all Dawn and Buffy had left of their father.

Thankfully, her mother had thought of this well before she had gotten her first surgery and entrusted Giles with Buffy and Dawn. Giles was really like the her own father to Buffy. The man who was her “father” wasn’t dad, the man who had been raising her and Dawn since she was thirteen was. They also knew Giles considered both girls along with Faith to be like his own daughters.

When Buffy and Faith use to get in trouble for fighting and rather pointless things they thought to be, Giles really didn’t care. He knew that they hadn’t started the fight but were merely protecting themselves or the other. Even when Faith was expelled last year at the end of their junior year he didn’t even seemed phased because he knew she had to do what she did.

The day after tomorrow they would be starting their first day at school. They would be seniors and it wasn’t the fact that they would be graduating in the next year and be considered in the real world, it was the fact that Buffy desperately hoped the things that had happened their junior year wouldn’t repeat itself.

Faith turned around in her sleeping bag facing Buffy. Like a twin almost she had sensed her best friend had finally come down. She could see the worry on Buffy’s face and she knew what it was about. Without a word, Faith extended her hand out to Buffy and the blonde put her little hand into Faith’s their grip tight as if afraid to lose the other. A single tear rolled down their cheeks.

“Let’s make a pact. That no one is going to mess with us again this year. Things are going to go back to the way they were before it all. Where the little boys and girls feared us. Is that okay Buffy?” Faith said to her. She had used Buffy’s full name, which meant that Faith was being serious. Buffy nodded her head.

And, that’s how they both fell asleep. Their hands locked tight together just like their friendship. For once in a long while, Buffy slept that night without a nightmare.



A/N: Well thats chapter two. Really hoped you liked it. Just incase you didn't get it, Faith and Buffy are rather bad when they were back in L.A. they don't put up with crap from anybody, Faith is wilder but Buffy could be too if she put her heart to it.

The song they had danced to was 'Michael' by Franz Ferdinand. I always loved dancing to it while I work so I figured why not.
Please Review!
Spuffy_obessed