Author's Chapter Notes:
Same as the others.
A/N: Ok I know updating a lot but I have nothing else to do. Here's chapter 5. Enjoy P.S. Thanks to my beta Jennifer who is greatly editing these as quickly as I give them to her.


Chapter 5: New School comes with new friends and enemies

“Summers, Buffy. Well it seems you have a colorful record here. Suspended for countless fights, almost on the brink of expulsion, numerous days skipped, oh and even an arrest but no charges were brought to you.” Buffy watched as the principal who she considered a short man with no spine and too much nose hair for his hooknose looked over her school transcript. Buffy gave a yawn and continued to stare at Principal Snyder. “Though it seems your friend Faith Giles has you beat. It is the same…just she was the one to be expelled. Oh joy.” Dropping the two folders for Buffy and Faith, Snyder got up and moved to look at the window behind his desk.

Giles, Faith, and Buffy all sat in the principal’s office going over the final things to get them their schedules. Faith had the same bored look on her face and Giles just sat there trying not to show his already hate for his new boss. It seemed Snyder was already pre-judging his girls and calling them delinquents. Yes Buffy and Faith had gotten into trouble many times but shouldn’t be considered delinquents.

“I’ll have you know that I run a tight ship here at Sunnydale High. I don’t have favorites. Don’t even think that just because your guardian is the librarian that you’ll have it easy.” Snyder explained. He turned around to look at the two girls occupying the seats in front of his desk. He had a feeling he would be seeing them there regularly. Buffy leaned forward and picked up the long silver letter opener. She twirled it in her fingers. Looking at Principal Snyder through hooded eyes, she then held the letter opener in her hand as if it were a knife. She hoped to get some kind of reaction from the spineless man.

Giles gave a slight cough. She noticed Giles giving her a stern look to put the opener down. Sighing Buffy dropped it back on the desk. Her and Faith both giggled softly. “I will be watching you two. If you even so much as put a toe outside the boundary I will have you dealt with. Dismissed.”

The three of them got up and left the office. After getting their class schedule from the secretary, Giles left them to head back to the library saying they would have to stop by the library after school to get their books.

Buffy groaned once Giles had left them and she had the chance to look at her schedule. Comparing her schedule to Faith’s, Buffy’s eyes went wide and she looked deeply annoyed. “That little weasel only gave us one class together.”

“Asshole!” Faith replied. “I’ll be watching you.” Impersonating Snyder. “Pervert.” Buffy laughed.

“Well what do you have first Faithy?” Buffy asked.

“Chemistry. 205. You?”

Buffy looked down at her sheet of paper. “English Lit. 135. Mr. Hollander.”
Faith walked towards the stairs. “Well I guess I’ll find you during lunch. Don’t kill anyone B.” With that, she turned around and headed off to her own classroom.

Buffy groaned when she realized that everyone was already in class, which meant that when she walked into class everyone’s eyes would be on her. They better not make me ‘introduce myself’. Silently Buffy walked in a direction she guessed where her classroom was.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Spike sat in the back of his English Literature class completely bored. He was trying to think of ways to break up with Harmony. A way that would be most effective so it could get through her thick skull that he didn’t want to ever see her again.

Suddenly the door in the front of the classroom opened. Everyone’s head including Spike’s turned to watch as the beautiful blonde new girl walked in. Spike’s smile turned into a smirk at the fact that she was in his English Literature class.

“Well hello.” Mr. Hollander said. She didn’t say anything but walked up to the teacher handed him her schedule and waited. “Ah, yes. Hello Buffy. Class this is Buffy Summers.” Buffy stood with her hands on her slim hips and stared at the sea of students sitting in their desks. “Buffy, why don’t you take a seat next to Mr. Thorndale.”

Buffy looked around and saw the only empty seat in the back corner. She snatched back her schedule and walked to where the empty seat was located. She plopped down in the seat. “Buffy is there anything you want to say about yourself?” Mr. Hollander asked.

All heads turned towards the back to look at her leaving Buffy glaring back at all of them. “No.” She replied simply. Hearing a snort of laughter right next to her Buffy’s head snapped to see whom the amusement was coming from. Buffy Summers literally felt her heart stop as she laid eyes on the very hot sexy goodness sitting next to her.

What caught her eyes at first were his penetrating blue eyes. Raking her eyes down lower, she found striking features with the most beautiful chiseled cheekbones. His bleached blonde hair shocked her but she automatically decided that it suited him well. A tight black t-shirt covered his chest showing off his muscles. The rest of his clothes were black as well. Buffy raised a curious eyebrow at the fact that we was wearing a rather long black leather duster even if it was at the tail end of the summer heat. Buffy noticed that she had been caught checking him out and he too raised a scarred eyebrow with a hint of amusement in her eyes.

“What school did you transfer from?” She heard Mr. Hollander ask her breaking Buffy’s thoughts from whom she guessed to be ‘Mr. Thorndale’. So much for trying to get out of talking about myself. Rolling her eyes Buffy answered him.

“Hemery High in L.A.” All the students seemed to whisper at the thought of someone from the big city.

“Oh. Interesting. What brought you to Sunnydale?” Man this guy just wouldn’t let up.

Letting out a sigh Buffy told a summary of her story. “Live with my best friend and her uncle. She was kicked out and I was on the brink of it. We moved. End of story.” She gave everyone a smug smile. All their eyes widened at the fact that they practically had two new troublemakers on campus, and this one so far spoke her mind. Buffy heard the cutie next to her chuckle at her answer. Mr. Hollander took the hint that she wasn’t going to talk anymore and quickly went back to teaching. Looking out the window to entertain herself, Buffy let her thoughts wonder.

She was thinking about all that had happened in the past when suddenly she heard a very sexy British voice whisper into her ear.

“Hello kitten.” Turning in her chair so she faced him, Buffy noted that it was bleach boy who sat next to her. So he’s a British man like Giles. A man with an accent always attracted her but she wasn’t impressed.

“Hiya sexy.” She whispered back with an innocent smile.

Spike was taken aback by her bluntness but was getting more and more intrigued.

“Names Spike.” He extended his hand out for her to shake. She shook it.

Buffy couldn’t help it. “Either your parents were drunk or your one of those bad boys.” Spike chuckled.

“I’m going to go with your second guess.” Mr. Hollander didn’t hear them converse.

“So, how’d you get an interesting name like that?” Buffy questioned as she pretended to seem interested. Surprisingly she rather was but she wasn’t about to admit it. She knew what Spike was up to. It was what ever guy that had the chance to talk to the new girl would do. Charm her then try and show her around town and before you know it, they were trying to get in her pants. Buffy may be seen as a blonde but she wasn’t dumb.

“I threatened a guy with a railroad Spike. A few of my mates started calling me it and it stuck.” He answered. Buffy gave him an approving nod.

Suddenly the bell rung and the students began to pack up their things and file out of the classroom.

“Well Spike that’s an interesting story. I’ll see you around.” She gave him a wink and before he could say another word, she walked out.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Buffy was practically already dead by the end of her second period class, Chemistry. She was able to see Faith in between but only for minute because they had to go off and search for their lockers. After her Chemistry class her teacher had pulled her aside and suggested that she get help from one the students in her class. She had even referred her to someone. A girl by the name of Willow Rosenburg. Buffy was going to take up on her teacher’s advice and seek out this Willow Rosenburg. She really didn’t want to fall behind on her school work, other wise Giles would be on her case.

Buffy was on her way to the library since she had study hall and figured she could visit Giles and get her needed books. Turning the corner quickly Buffy didn’t see the person she ran straight into. Seeing her papers and binder go up and then fall down to the ground Buffy sighed. Way to go Summers!

Bending down Buffy began to pick up her fallen items.

“I’m so sorry.” She heard a little voice say. Buffy looked up and found a sweet girl with red head bending down to help her pick up the things.

“Nah, its no big, I was rushing around that corner like I was on a race track.” Buffy assured the redhead getting the feeling the girl might be a little scared of her. She recognized her from both her English Literature and Chemistry class. “I’m Buffy Summers. I’m new.”

“Yeah I know, you’re in both my classes.” The girl said politely. Buffy smiled, this girl was really shy. “My names Willow.”

Buffy’s eyes lightened up. Was this Willow Rosenburg. “Are you Willow Rosenburg?” Buffy asked repeating her thoughts. Willow looked shocked that the new girl had known her name. Quickly shock turned to panic, afraid that she had already gotten on the bad side of the new girl. A new girl who had almost been kicked out of her old school. “Ms. Ricky, in chemistry told me you were the girl to help me get caught up in chemistry. I was wondering if you could help me sometime. Because really I don’t want to fall behind and then have a little talk with the weasel of a man Snyder. I’ve just met the guy and I can barely stand him.”

Willow laughed feeling at ease. “Yeah, nobody does.” Buffy scrunched up her nose.

“Why am I not surprised.” Together they both laughed lightly. Willow really liked this new girl Buffy. Even though of the rumors she had already heard spread around the school about her the other new girl, she figured they were hardly true. She seemed to be too nice to be mean and a bad ass.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the new girl and little Miss Willow Rosenburg.” Buffy and Willow turned to see a tall girl dressed rather expensively walk up to them with two blonde girls right behind her on either side. Lackeys! Buffy observed of the two blondes. “I’m Cordelia Chase. Head cheerleader captain This is Darla and Harmony.” Cordelia extended her hand but Buffy simply stared at it with a hint of un-interest and disgust on her face.

“And?” Buffy asked not seeming impressed.

“Well you use to go to Hemerey in Los Angeles right?” Cordelia questioned. Buffy just nodded her head. “Well that considers you cool automatically. Take some advice hanging out with…her.” Cordelia pointed to Willow. “Isn’t going to help your case with being accepted into our group.”

Buffy bit her lip and looked down pretending to be thinking it over. Finally she looked up and had that evil glint in her eyes. She only got it when she was about to beat the snot out of someone or attempt to put them in their place. “Well it’s a good thing I would never consider joining your group of bimbos. You know because I have a brain and I use it. Now please take you, your little Cordettes, and your over sprayed hair and get out of my face.” Harmony’s, Darla’s, and Willow’s practically fell down to the ground. Cordelia tried not to seem phased. She would get her revenge. No one refused her like that, no one. She was known as Queen C for a reason. Oh, Buffy Summers will pay and wish she hadn’t said that.

Cordelia stuck her nose up, spun around on her heel and stomped off with Harmony and Darla right behind her.

Willow finally let out a breath that she didn’t know she was holding. “Your going to regret that Buffy. Cordelia and her friends are known for making anyone’s life a living hell if they don’t like you. Trust me I know.” Willow was soon finding she was admiring Buffy Summers.

Buffy simply shrugged. “Oh well. Girls like her annoy me more than mimes scare me. And let me tell you Mimes really scare me.” Willow laughed. “So do you think you’d ever be able to help me with Chem?”

Willow quickly nodded. “Yeah I have study hall right now. If you want we can go to the library and get started.”

“Very cool. Yeah I was just heading down there to talk with Giles.” Buffy said as they started walking. Willow gave her a confused look so Buffy explained further. “Giles he’s my guardian. I live with him and his niece Faith, who is my best friend also and the other new girl you probably heard about. Oh and then there’s Dawn my little sister.”

“Oh is he the new librarian?” Willow asked. Buffy nodded her head yes. “I heard we were getting one. Mrs. Krager had to retire. She was really nice. I heard the new one worked at the British Museum. Is that true?”

“Yeah. But he had to leave when he had to start taking care of Faith.”

“Wow. So why are you living with him then?” Willow asked cautiously.

“My mom died when I was thirteen. Dear old daddy wouldn’t take care of Dawn and I and my mother had already stated in her will that she wanted me and my sister to go live with Giles so we just went to go live with him.” Buffy told her story.

“Oh I’m sorry.” Willow apologized. Buffy just shrugged, she had learned to heal. “If you don’t mind me asking, how did she die?”

“Brain tumor.” She said in a simple monotone voice. Nothing was else was said until they got to the library. “Wow pretty nice library.” She said surveying the place that Giles was now working.

“Oh Buffy. Hello. Why aren’t you in class?” Giles said coming out of his office from behind the counter.

Buffy leant against the counter. “Study Hall G-man, Oh Giles this is Willow Rosenburg, Willow this is Rupert Giles obviously our new librarian.” Buffy introduced the two.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you Mr. Giles.” Willow greeted.

“Please call me Giles Buffy and my niece already do” Willow nodded her head.

“Alright Giles, I was wondering if you could get me a the books I need for theses classes while me and Willow get cracking on the books.” Buffy handed him her schedule so he could figure out what books she needed. Her and Willow walked over to one of the tables and sat down. “Alright smart girl…teach me.”


A/N: Well theres the introduction of Willow I promise there will be more Spike. Glad you liked the previouc chapter. You'll soon learn Spike's story and there is a little more to him than how comes off to the othres. Please keep reviewing.
Spuffy_obsessed