Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own any characters.
A/N: I know I’ve been updating almost daily and sorry it took longer than usual for this chapter I just had a busy two days for competitions. The chapters will start being updated daily again until next weekend. I hope you like this one. Please Review.


Chapter 7: School Project

Buffy and Faith stood outside Sunnydale Middle School tapping their feet impatiently. Dawn had yet to come out of school yet. Actually, no one had come out of the school yet.

Their first day was over. After lunch, Buffy and Faith found they had found a completely new group of friends and nice ones at that. Yeah some of them were nerds but they were better than backstabbers and fakes. Faith noticed she had Study hall with Xander, Anya, and the shy girls Fred and Tara, and decided to simply hang with them in the library giving her a chance to talk with her uncle. She told him of the blonde bad boy who had taken up an interest in Buffy and all their new friends. Giles seemed to be pleased that a guy was interested in Buffy, that is until Faith mentioned he looked like he got in trouble, then his smile turned into a frown.

Buffy seemed to like her art class. After the teacher, Ms. Calendar had told the class what to do for the class time; Ms. Calendar began to tell her what she could do to make up all the work she needed to catch up on.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*
Earlier that day in fourth period.

“Well Buffy since you’ve missed about almost a month and a half of the school year, it would be rather hard to make up all the art assignments and projects.” Ms. Calendar told Buffy. The teacher seemed to be in her early thirties and she looked very nice and sophisticated for a teacher. Buffy nodded.

Suddenly the door opened and Buffy’s head turned to look who came in. In walked Spike and her breath seemed to do that catchy thing in her throat again. He seemed to look before setting his eyes on her, and she caught the smile in his eyes at the thought of seeing her. Oh God is he in my class. Again?!?! Her and Spike seemed to be just staring at each other from across the room for a whole minute. She couldn’t tell. Suddenly Ms. Calendar’s voice broke their thoughts.

“William, it’s so nice of you to finally join us.” Buffy’s eyes seemed to bug out when she heard could actually be Spike’s real name. Spike looked from Buffy to Ms. Calendar. He shrugged his shoulders, not caring that he was late. When was he ever on time for art?

Buffy turned back to Ms. Calendar. She felt Spike’s eyes watching her as he made his way to one of the art tables. Buffy made herself focus on what Ms. Calendar was saying. “So I’ll make you a deal. I’ll give you a week and a half to work on anything you want. Paintings, a sculpture, a drawing, even a video as long as it’s artistic. This will be your assignment to make up all the work. And, don’t worry it will be artistic as long as you think it is. Because that’s the thing about art. It’s only art if the creator thinks it is.” She smiled at Buffy. Then in that instant Buffy knew she wasn’t going to have a problem with Ms. Calendar. She seemed like such a very nice teacher.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The rest of classes went of smoothly. Buffy tried desperately to act as if she was concentrating on what to do for her project during the remaining time of art so no one would bug her. But Spike had come up to her and began talking. Their conversation was filled with mild flirting and small bantering mostly. Buffy could tell that Spike had an attraction for her, but Buffy wasn’t going to start anything up. She had learned her lesson to stay away from the bad boys and that’s what she was doing. Though her subconscious knew that Spike was very yummy this made it even harder to submitting to full-out flirting.

Her next class, Economics and Civil Studies had been with Faith, Willow, and Xander.” Their teacher was a drag, but with her best friend and her two new ones, they it made it seem fun and the time pass quickly.

“Where the hell is the kid?” Faith cursed plopping down on the curb. Faith shook herself from her thoughts of remembering earlier today and sat down next to Faith. After school, they had gone to the library. Giles couldn’t give them a ride because he had a staff meeting, and he had asked the girls to walk over to the middle school to pick up Dawn and walk home with her. They had agreed. Now they had been standing outside for about almost thirty minutes. Giles said they got out at 3:00 and it was now 3:20.

As if answering their prayers, they heard the bell ring. Minutes later, masses of students poured out of the building. Buffy stood up with her hands on her hips trying to locate Dawn out of the crowds of middle schoolers. Seeing that even most of the seventh graders were taller than, her Buffy hopped on her tippy toes. She spotted Dawn and called out to her, waving her hands and all.

“Hey you guys. Where’s Giles?” Dawn said when she walked up to them.

Faith stood up wiping dirt from her leather pants and said, “Giles told us to pick you up. He said you got out at 3:00.” Both older girls surveyed around them and noticed that many of the kids stood in groups staring at them. The boys with a horny look in their eyes and the girls jealous because even they wanted to pull the look off that Buffy and Faith had.

Dawn noticed as well and rolled her eyes. Her sister and her friend always got the looks. “No, we get out at 3:20.”

“Whatever. Tell Giles that.” Faith bent to pick her stuff up off the ground, not caring that most of the guys behind her leant forward to watch her do it. Both Buffy and Dawn shared a look and laughed.

They began to walk away, intent on home. Buffy wrapped her arm around Dawn’s shoulders. “So how was my little sister’s first day?”

Dawn just shrugged and said fine. The whole way home, Dawn told of some funny events that she had in class, how she had made a friend, and how she had met a boy her age named Connor. Buffy scrunched her nose up at that thought.

The rest of the afternoon was spent doing homework, finishing the unpacking, and making dinner as a team before Giles got home. After having dinner Buffy sat in her room trying to figure out what how to finish her song. Coming to terms that tonight she had writers block, Buffy moved to working out what she could to with her art project. All the while trying not to think of the sexy blonde with amazing blue eyes who had made conversation with her in two of her classes.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

“Hey Buffy, hey Faith.” Buffy stood at her locker with Faith before class, trying to yet again open it when Willow and her boyfriend Oz came up to them. The two girls greeted back and asked what was up.

“Are you guys doing anything on Friday night?” Willow asked rather too enthusiastically for eight in the morning. Buffy just shook her head no. “Well do you want to go to the Bronze? A whole bunch of us our going, Oz is playing on Friday night.”

“What’s the Bronze?” Faith asked now seeming intrigued.

“A club. The only club Sunnydale has. Probably nothing like the ones in L.A. but most the high school kids hang out there.” Willow explained.

The bell rang to get to start heading to class. Buffy shut her locker and together they walked in the same direction. “Sure that seems cool. Oz you never told us you were in a band.” Buffy said. Oz just shrugged not saying a word. Actually, the girls had never heard Oz say one word since they had met him yesterday. Willow had explained that it wasn’t the because Oz was shy, he just had nothing to say. Usually when he did, it was something rather wise and cool sounding.

They came to the staircase and Faith began to break away. “I’ll see you guys later. And B don’t get naughty.” She flashed Buffy a knowing smirk. Buffy gave her back a peculiar stare not knowing what the hell Faith was smirking for. That’s Faith, does she ever make sense? Her mind had argued.

A minute passed and Willow and Oz said goodbye when Buffy came upon her English class. She waved farewell to her friends and walked into the classroom. She walked to her desk and sighed relief when Spike wasn’t in his seat. Maybe he’ll be absent. Buffy thought hoping he would be that way it would be easier to try and resist her flirtatious charms. However, her prayers weren’t answered when in came the bleached bad boy. He sauntered up to his desk with a smirk on his lips.

“Ello’ pet. How are you this morning.” He had the same cocky smirk that he always had when he had talked to her. Buffy couldn’t tell if he only used it when he talked with her or if that was just his normal facial expression. Either way it was getting her damn nerves. It felt as if he knew something that she didn’t.

Buffy just gave him a smile. “I’m doing pretty good…William.” She said using the name Ms Calendar had called him. His smirk faltered and he quickly scowled. Buffy smiled more knowing that would make that smirk run off. “How are you?” While she waited for him to answer, Buffy took out a pen from her bag.

“Much better now that I saw you.” He said sitting down at his desk. Buffy froze when he said that and she heard him chuckle. Is he telling the truth or is he just trying to see what kind of reaction I’ll get? Buffy’s thoughts raced with all different ‘what-if’ situations. Buffy chose to ignore his statement as if he hadn’t said it. “So pet are you liking Sunnydale so far?”

Buffy nodded. “It’s small and surprisingly I like that better than L.A.” I like anything better than L.A. She thought the last part silently. “Hell even Faith likes it better than the big city and she hates small areas.” Spike noticed that when she talked about Faith or her sister she had a smile you could see clearly in her eyes. He had seen it while they had talked yesterday during their art class.

The bell rang and Mr. Hollander turned around from the blackboard allowing the students to view what he had written on the blackboard. Macbeth Project. Due Monday. Buffy and the rest of the class groaned when they read the horrible words. Before anyone could ask any questions Mr. Hollander began to explain.

“This week I want you to do an analysis project on the story of Macbeth. What I want you to look over is if the weird sisters hadn’t told Banquo or Macbeth what were to happen to them, would things have gone differently. I want you to write me a paper on this idea and then come up with something to explain the effect of telling prophecies. It can be anything.” Buffy rolled her eyes. She had read over the play Macbeth last night and thought the guy was seriously psychotic. “You will be working as a group of two.And yes I myself paired you up with someone already. Before I tell you who you are paired up with, I suggest that you work on this at each others homes or work out some kind of work schedule.” Everyone groaned louder. Buffy prayed silently that she had been paired with Willow and not someone she didn’t know.

Grabbing a clipboard off his desk, Mr Hollander began to read off by last names. “Johnson with Chase. Abrams with Costello. Rosenburg and Smith. Summers and Thorndale….” Buffy inwardly cursed Mr. Hollander.

She looked to her right and saw Spike staring at her with an amused expression painted on his face. How the hell was she going to resist his charms now if she had to work with him. Give him a chance. You only think he could be a prick because you think every guy is a prick.. Maybe he’s really nice. Buffy was shocked that she had even argued with herself.

Faith will get a kick out of this.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Spike walked into the noisy cafeteria. He honed in on finding Buffy at the table with her new friends. He needed to talk with her and work something out for their project. He had planned to ask her right after class but she had high tailed it out of the classroom the minute the bell had rang.

He saw her and his heart stopped, and he felt himself get turned on. Since when did a smile turn him on he had no idea. She was just sitting there laughing at whatever the whelp Harris had said to be funny. She smiled beautifully. Her eyes lit up, her lips showed white gleaming teeth, and if possible, she seemed to glow even more.

He had just met her yesterday, barely had three conversations and already this woman had him wanting to get rather close with her. I feel like a bloody poof.

Now he was going to be able to work on a project with her, get to know her. Usually Spike would never try to get to know a girl before he made a move like was willing to do with Buffy. Something must be different about this girl.

Spike began to walk again towards Buffy until he was stopped by another blonde. Harmony. He cursed the heavens like he always did when he saw Harmony.

“Hey Blondie Bear. I missed you.” She wrapped her arms around him and made a move to kiss him but Spike turned his head.

“Harm we need to talk.” Spike said in a cold voice. Harmony looked at him with a colder stare knowing exactly what he was about to do. “I think we should break up.”

“What?!?! Your breaking up with me?” Harmony screeched sending the whole cafeteria into silence. Everyone’s eyes were on them.

“I believe the words were said by me.” Spike said.

“Why? Is there someone else?” Her voice seemed to get as she spoke making Spike feel an oncoming migraine. Finally Spike snapped. He always did have an easy temper to lose.

“Because your like nails on a chalk board to me!!” With that he walked passed her and towards Buffy and her little group of friends, ignoring all the stares he was getting as he did so.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Harmony was beyond pissed. Not only had her Spike broken up with her, or did it infront of the whole school but now he was walking up to the nerd table. She watched him hawk like eyes and saw Spike bend down behind the new girl Buffy and greet her and her friends. Harmony’s anger escalated. The new girl had not been new to the school for more than a week and she had stolen Harmony’s property.

Spinning around on her expensive designer heels, Harmony stomped out of the Cafeteria door making the door slam loudly. Oh Buffy Summers was going to pay.
*~~~*~~~*~~~*

“Ello, pet.” Buffy looked up to stare at Spike. Not only a minute ago had she and her friends heard an outburst coming from Harmony and Spike. He just stood behind her chair at their lunch table acting as if nothing had happened.

“Hi.” Buffy said.

“I’m Spike.” The British boy introduced to Faith who sat next to Buffy. Buffy watched Faith smile sexily at him.

Faith opened her mouth, “Hey Spike. What brings a sexy man like you to our table?”

“I just need to talk to Buffy about our project. Wonder if she wants to meet and work at my flat or hers.” Buffy looked up at Spike and he waggled his eyebrows at her. Her anger seemed to flare up at his behavior. Spike was making it seem like he was using obvious code word for them being intimately involved. Before turning away from him again Buffy shot him a glare.

Faith noticed it and stepped in. “My uncle said we wouldn’t be able to go anywhere till Friday. So it’ll probably be easier if you just came to ours.” It was a flat out lie but only Buffy knew that. Buffy had never been so relieved. She had no idea what could happened if she and Spike worked at his house.

Spike nodded. After getting Buffy’s address from her, Spike said farewell to everyone. “I’ll see you around pet.”


A/N: I know this chapter seemed to be lagging. I hope that the next chapter will come about better.
Spuffy_obessed