Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long break between updates.
Chapter Ten- The Morning After

"Buffy, are you awake? I’m going over to Oz’s before the game, but I need those shoes you bor- Oh!" Willow stopped as she entered the room and noticed Buffy wasn’t alone. "Sorry, I didn’t realize Angel stayed here last night. I’ll just get my shoes and be on my way..."

Spike stirred from underneath the covers, looking up to see who was interrupting his sleep. When his eyes adjusted to see Buffy’s red head friend in the room with them, he jumped up into a sitting position, looking back and forth between the still sleeping Buffy and the girl who was searching Buffy’s closet.

As soon as Willow turned around again the smile wiped from her face, her eyebrows practically shooting off her forehead. "Oh, geez, I’m sorry. I thought you were Angel." She tried to look away quickly and rush out of the room, but tripped over a shoe lying carelessly on the floor. Willow hit the carpet with a thud, waking Buffy.

"What the hell..." Buffy muttered sleepily. "Will?" She looked out from under the covers, her eyes no bigger than slits as she adjusted to the light in her eyes.

As if suddenly remembering that Spike was in bed beside her, she shot up next to him. "Will!"

"I-uh, I didn’t...he-Professor Thompson?" Her face was the picture of confusion and embarrassment. And she couldn’t stop staring at Spike with big, round eyes.

Buffy reached on the floor next to her, grabbing a tank top and shorts. As soon as they were on, she jumped out of bed, ushering Willow out of the room. Making sure both bathroom doors were closed, she moved through Willow’s room, sitting her on the bed.

"Listen, Will. I don’t really know how to say this-"

"You’re sleeping with Professor Thompson?"

"Okay, yeah that about sums it up," Buffy agreed, putting her hands on Willow’s shoulders and looking her seriously in the eye. "You can’t tell anyone."

"But, Buffy... What? How?" Willow tried to gather her thoughts that seemed to be ricocheting around in her brain. "He’s not even your teacher."

"I know. It just sort of happened, ya know?"

"I knew you weren’t really studying with him. I just didn’t think-"

"Gee, thanks, Will! I could study if I wanted to," Buffy defended herself. "Which is so not the point! Spike and I-"

"Spike?!"

"It’s a nickname. We haven’t been together that long, only a couple of weeks."

"Are you in love with him?" Willow interrupted.

"What? Why would you ask that?" Buffy exclaimed, hoping Spike couldn’t hear their conversation through the doors separating them.

"Well, I mean why else would you guys risk so much to see each other, otherwise?" Willow shrugged, as if it were obvious.

Too bad it wasn’t obvious to Buffy. These were the very thoughts that plagued her over and over. Did she love him? Could she?

Buffy shook her head to clear her inner tirade and turned back to her friend. "You’re not going to tell anyone right?"

"Of course not!" Willow replied, taking Buffy’s hand. "You’re my best friend no matter who you’re sleeping with."

Buffy sat down next to Willow on the bed, letting out a sigh of relief that she felt like she’d been holding since she and Spike had first gotten together. "You have no idea how good it feels to tell somebody about this!"

"Secrets, secrets are no fun," Willow sung with a giggle.

Buffy laughed, feeling more relaxed than she had in weeks around Willow. Now that everything, well except for the Angel part, was out in the open she could relax and not feel like she had to hide everything from her best friend.

Remembering that Spike was waiting for her in the next room, probably ready to jump out of his own skin with worry, she stood, giving Willow a grateful hug. "Thank God it was you and not Anya!"

***

"What are you doing?" Buffy asked, closing the bathroom door behind her and leaning against it while she watched Spike fumble with his pant leg.

"What the bloody hell does it look like?"

"It looks like you’re still a little drunk from last night," she replied with a giggle.

Spike finally managed to insert a leg into his jeans. He turned his head up to glare at her. "There is nothing funny about this. I told you we’d fucking get caught! Wanker!" he cursed himself under his breath. "I could lose my bloody job, you know!"

Buffy looked down at her feet guiltily. "I know, but there’s nothing to worry about," she promised. "Willow won’t tell anyone."

"That’s not the point. I’m being careless. Showing up at that party last night." He sighed loudly. "What if someone saw us?"

"Chances are they’d be too drunk to remember it!" She threw up her hands in exasperation. "Someone could find out no matter where we are."

"Yes, but-"

"Your house, your office. Our relationship is fucking risky!" She crossed her arms over her chest angrily, "So, what? Are you saying we should stop seeing each other?"

"No. I don’t know." He closed his eyes, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

Any other normal girl would be upset. They might even cry. But Buffy wasn’t a crier. Instead, she was angry. Angry that he could even suggest an end to their relationship. Relationship, that was the second time she’d used that word to describe them. It was a relationship, but what kind she still hadn’t forced herself to define. Her fists clenched at her sides and her heart beat rapidly, ready to lash out at him whenever he found the words to speak again.

Spike raised his head, looking her in the eye sadly. "No, I don’t want us to end. C’mere." He held out his hand to her, and it only took her a second before she was across the room and in his arms. She stood in between his legs, his arms were wrapped around her waist, his face buried in her cotton covered stomach. "I don’t think I could stay away from you, even if I tried."

Buffy ran her fingers through his spiky hair, holding him to her. She planted a kiss on the top of his head before resting her cheek against his platinum strands.

"I should get going before someone else barges in on us," Spike murmured into her, his warm breath sending tingles down to her center.

"You can’t." She pulled back to look down at him. "You have to hide out in here until everyone’s at the game."

Spike groaned. "Are you sure there won’t be anyone here?"

"On game day? The only thing we like better than keggers is football games."

Spike rolled his eyes. "How are you so perky after drinking so much last night?"

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. "Lots of practice." Before he could comment on her lifestyle, she leaned down to capture his lips in a kiss. "And I don’t hear you complaining about a hangover," she added when the kiss ended.

Spike’s hands ran up her back then down over the curve of her ass. "After Dru died I got really friendly with Jack."

Buffy couldn’t think of anything to say so instead she remained silent, her hands caressing his shoulders and arms. "So, we have a couple of hours before you can leave. What do you suggest we do?"

"Definitely stay in bed." He smirked at her. "I’m completely knackered. Someone kept me up late last night."

***

After checking the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms, Buffy made her way down onto the main floor. The game would be starting any minute and it seemed as though all the girls had cleared out of the house already.

Usually on game day, the process of the sorority girls primping and getting themselves ready could be heard throughout the campus. It wasn’t unusual for a fight or two to break out between the sisters in the rush to shower and dress. But that morning, neither Buffy nor Spike could say they’d heard a single sound come from outside Buffy’s bedroom. After the tension of Willow’s intrusion wore off, they’d spent the better part of two hours in a competition of who could give the other the best climax.

Buffy was pronounced winner.

The main floor, from what Buffy could see, was just as empty as the two floors above it. As much as she didn’t want Spike to leave, this would be their only opportunity for him to get out of the house undetected.

As she turned to head back upstairs, she noticed Harmony peering out from her room. The ditzy blonde opened the door slightly wider, slipping through the tight space she’d left herself.

"Buffy!" Harmony screeched in surprise when she finally noticed the other girl standing there. Her hand still on the doorknob, she slammed her bedroom door shut loudly and approached Buffy.

"What are you still doing here?" they asked in unison.

Harmony lifted her button nose in the air haughtily. "Well, as president I was doing my job and making sure all the sisters and pledges were out of the house and at the game." She crossed her arms over her scoop neck tank top. "Which is exactly where you should be."

Buffy wasn’t scared of the power Harmony thought she wielded and constantly threw in everyone’s faces. "Got a late start. I’ll get there."

"As Pledge Master you should have been the first one there to greet the pledges," Harmony reminded her. "Hurry up and get dressed!"

Buffy rolled her eyes, but did as she was told. Anything to get her away from Harmony.

Spike was waiting for her by the door when she got back. "Are all the other chits gone, or do we need to hide up here some more?" he asked with a smirk, reaching for her.

Buffy evaded his grasp, still annoyed from her encounter with Harmony and not exactly in the mood for more sex. "Get dressed, I’ll be out in ten minutes." She stalked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. "And keep the door locked!" she yelled before turning on the water.

***

Fortunately, Harmony was gone by the time they exited Buffy’s room. The campus was practically deserted as they left Theta house, most of the students probably at the football game or still in bed.

They’d only walked a short distance when Buffy stopped. "So, I guess I’ll just see you during the week," she said, turning to walk in the direction of the football field.

Spike grabbed her hand before she even made a second step, pulling her back to him. "You invite me to spend the night and don’t even walk me to my car?" he asked, sounding insulted. "I thought you had better manners than that, Ms. Summers."

Buffy rolled her eyes, trying not to smile at his playfulness. "You never walk me to my car," she retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"Well that’s because you always leave me too bloody tired to move," he responded and she couldn’t help but laugh. His fingers entwined with hers, tugging her towards the faculty parking lot. "C’mon, kitten, it’s practically on the way."

Another eye roll. "It is not," she argued, even though she was already following him.

The parking lot was full of empty cars. She reveled in how natural it felt to hold his hand in public, even if no one could see it. Just the fact that he took the chance on someone catching them to do something as small as hold her hand said something.

When they reached Spike’s Yukon, he pressed her up against the side of it, his free hand holding onto her hip.

"Spike," Buffy protested, not really putting up much of a fight. "I have to get to the game."

He peppered small kisses all over her lips. "Then I’ll come with you."

"You can’t."

His hand traveled up her side under her top as he pulled back to look at her. "We’ll just say we ran into each other." He dropped a kiss to her nose. "You’re a clever girl. Think of something."

Buffy dropped her eyes to the floor, training her gaze on their still entwined hands. "No, I mean you can’t because I’m meeting Angel there."

His free hand was now palming her breast as he moved their connected hands up to her chin, lifting her head to look at him once again. "Then stay here with me."

Her protest was muffled as he started kissing her again, and she felt her will slipping away from her. The game was such a frivolous event, she didn’t even know why she went, but she was expected to be there. To smile and cheer and be a good example for the pledges. And if that weren’t enough of a reason, she’d promised Angel to meet him there.

A nagging voice in the back of her mind reminded her that this was what Angel had wanted. He had gotten her into this mess. Her feelings for Spike were all a result of his selfishness. Angel had forced her into this situation, a situation Buffy no longer knew how to handle. How could she be part of a plan to have Spike fired after all that they’d been through together?

But she couldn’t blame Angel for her cruel intentions, or the way her affair with Spike had started. She was in a way just as guilty for whatever may happen as Angel.

All thoughts of Angel disappeared as she felt Spike pushing her back into his SUV. She’d been so consumed in her thoughts that she hadn’t even realized he’d opened the door until he was shutting it behind them.

Spike sat back in the leather bucket seat, bringing her into his lap. The hand that had been previously entwined with hers, cupped the back of her head as his other hand moved beneath her skirt. He was already hard and aching to be inside her.

Moving over him to straddle his thighs, Buffy reached over the side of his chair, pulling the lever to recline. Spike let out a surprised gasp into her mouth and she smiled against his lips before pulling up.

Spike groaned at the loss of her lips, but turned his attention to ripping off her thong. Buffy was almost grateful for that, it would have been incredibly uncomfortable to sit through the end of the game in wet panties.

For the first time since entering the car, Buffy surveyed the surroundings. She’d been in the car before, but never the backseat. It made the vehicle look so much bigger. What was it with guys and cars? Either it had to be huge or fast or both.

The windows were tinted very dark, and Buffy hoped that Spike had noticed that before deciding to take her in the backseat. He was getting careless, last night being a perfect example, and she wasn’t so great at being the responsible one.

Her attention shifted from the windows to Spikes lips surrounding her nipple. Her top and bra were pushed down and he was sitting up for better access. "Finally got your attention." He pulled back at the same time as he thrust up into her. "Bloody blow to a man’s ego."

"Your...ego is big...enough," she ground out, her hips rotating over his slowly.

Spike smirked up at her. He wanted to go slow, keep her there with him, but he couldn’t help thrusting even faster. His face was buried in her neck, sucking on the spot that drove her mad while his fingers found their way to the sensitive nub between her legs.

She collapsed against him, crying out his name as her orgasm took over her body. Finally letting himself, he pounded up into her as his hands gripped her waist, guiding her movements over his cock as he rode out his release.

***