Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, it's been a while since a new post. I have to apologise for that, because I loved the following this story was getting and I hope no one has forgotten about me. I have a lot of this story already written and I promise to post the remainder if you guys want (I'm not going to waste my time if no one wants to read this). So please let me know if you are still interested and again, sorry for the LONG delay.
Chapter Eleven- Rich Girls

“Where the hell have you been?” Angel hissed at her as she slid down next to him on the bleacher.

“I wasn’t feeling well this morning,” she lied. “I drank too much last night.”

“Since when do you get a hangover?” he asked in disbelief.

Buffy could kick herself for always bragging about being able to hold her liquor. She could keep up with any frat boy on campus and not feel the slightest nausea or headache the next morning. “Maybe it was something I ate,” she replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

Angel took his eyes off the game to stare at her. “And what the hell happened to you last night?”

“I wasn’t feeling well,” she repeated. What was this, twenty fucking questions? “So I just went back to Theta house.”

“It would have been nice of you to let me know before I searched the whole damn house for you,” Angel said with a frown. “Who’d you leave with?”

“I left by myself. I don’t need a fucking chaperone to walk me home, Angel.”

Angel let out a sigh, clearly ending the conversation. He did that a lot when it came to a point where he had nothing to say. “I was hoping you were sealing the deal with Thompson.”

“Sealing the deal? What, are we a couple of gangsters?” She rolled her eyes at him. “And no, I haven’t yet. Sorry to disappoint you.”

“What the fuck’s taking so long, Buff?” He took out a cigarette, lighting it and taking a drag. Buffy gladly accepted when he offered it to her, needing something to calm her nerves. “He’s not exactly known as a prude around this campus.”

“His fiancée just died, Angel,” she explained, exasperated.

“Perfect. He’s on the rebound. You’re there to give him what he needs.”

Buffy shook her head. “He’s not like that.”

“He’s a man. He’s like that,” Angel assured her. “Don’t forget about dinner on Friday.”

She was surprised, but grateful, for his abrupt change of topics. “Dinner?”

“You. Me. Our parents. Expensive restaurant.”

Buffy closed her eyes, slapping her forehead in frustration. “That’s this weekend?” she groaned. “I totally forgot.”

“Have a hot date?” he asked wryly.

“Very funny. No, I’m just not looking forward to seeing either one of my parents.”

Angel turned his attention back to the game in front of them, which by looking at the scoreboard Buffy saw was almost over. She spied the pledges sitting together below them and Anya, Willow and Faith sitting together in front of the pledges. She hoped her friends had covered for her in her absence. Or at least that Willow had, knowing that Faith and Anya were never eager to take on other people’s responsibilities.

Buffy let out a low sigh, not looking forward to the upcoming weekend.

***

“And where were you today?” Anya asked, falling into step beside Buffy on their way back into the sorority house.

Buffy resisted the urge to groan, tired of being questioned by everyone. First Harmony, then Angel and now Anya. Wasn’t a person entitled to some privacy?

“I wasn’t feeling well.” She’d learned from past experiences that keeping the same lie was much easier than making up many different ones and having to remember which lies you told to which people.

“Is that some sort of code for being too tired and lazy to make it to the game?”

“What? No!”

“You better hope Harmony doesn’t find you before she cools off. She was breathing fire at the game when she didn’t see you.”

“What’s the big deal? I can’t miss one game without-“

Harmony appeared behind the two girls, looking every bit as pissed off as Anya had warned her. “What’s the big deal?” She placed her hands on her hips angrily. “The big deal is that we tell the pledges that it’s Theta tradition to attend every game. And that it’s against the rules to go and break that tradition. You’re supposed to be their leader and set an example.”

“So nobody’s allowed to get sick in this house? That’s just-”

“Whatever, Buffy. You broke the rules and made all of us look stupid in front of the pledges. I’ll be watching you very closely from now on.” With that, Harmony turned on her very expensive heel and marched out of the room.

Buffy stared after her in disbelief. She turned to Anya, her mouth still agape. “Can you believe her?”

Anya shook her head. “Harmony’s right.”

Buffy couldn’t hide her surprise that her friend was siding with their much hated president.

“What are you doing Buffy? This sorority used to be your life and now you just blow us off? You had to know there would be consequences.”

“Anya-”

“I’ll talk to you later,” Anya cut her off, stalking off towards the kitchen.

Buffy was still fuming when Willow entered the house. She didn’t notice the redhead, however, until Willow touched her arm.

“You okay?”

“Fine, why?”

Willow shrugged. “Because you had this confused look on your face and I called your name a bunch of times to which you were completely oblivious.” She grinned. “Not thinking lusty thoughts are you?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, thankful that her friend managed to put a smile on her face. “Unfortunately, no. Anya and Harmony are pissed at me for coming to the game late.”

“Don’t worry about it, I covered for you. Told them you had major cramps. You up for some shopping?”

“I don’t know, Wills. Anya seemed pretty angry...”

Willow rolled her eyes. “She’s just mad because Harmony made her inform the pledges about attending football games.” She leaned closer to Buffy and whispered, “She was supposed to meet Xander Harris by the bathrooms.”

Buffy laughed, not surprised that her friend was angry over a lack of sex.

“I’m sure all will be forgiven if you buy her a frappaccino at the mall,” Willow assured her. “Besides, don’t you need a new belt?”

***

“Unh!”

Spike’s lips swallowed the rest of her long moan. “Sh, baby, or we’ll get kicked out.”

She didn’t think she would be able to keep quiet so she pulled his head back down to hers, enjoying the feel of his tongue invading her mouth. His hips slammed up to meet hers, trying his best to keep from pounding her into the wall. He really did not want to get caught. That would lead to too many questions, most likely from the Sunnydale police department.

Buffy could not believe her good luck. She hadn’t even wanted to go on this shopping trip, but now she was glad she didn’t pass it up. Her friends had left her to search for shoes for the formal, and she had needed to use the restroom which was in the mens’ department of Bloomingdale’s. She spotted Spike walking into the fitting room and before he’d been able to get his first shirt on she snuck up behind him scaring the shit out of him.

It wasn’t long before he had her up against the stall, her legs wrapped around his waist for support and in case anyone felt the need to look under the door. Fortunately for them, the fitting area had been mostly deserted.

“Spike,” Buffy breathed quietly as he rubbed her clit.

“That’s it, baby,” he breathed back, burying his face in her neck. He couldn’t hold off any longer, spilling himself into her willing body seconds before she clamped down around his cock, biting her bottom lip so hard she drew blood to keep from crying out.

Spike dropped onto the seat in the dressing room, bringing Buffy down with him, still connected.

“You have a thing for sex in public places,” she commented with a grin.

“Well, yeah.” She could have sworn she saw him blush. God, he was adorable. “Is that a problem for you?”

Buffy shook her head immediately. “Not at all. We just have to be careful.”

Spike sighed and Buffy knew she shouldn’t have said anything to ruin the moment. “Yeah, we do,” he agreed.

“It’s just, sometimes I worry what would happen if we got caught...” she trailed off, her eyes leaving his to stare at the shirts strewn about the small area.

“You don’t have to worry, pet. I wouldn’t let anything happen to you.”

Her head shot up, her eyes meeting his in confusion. “Me? You’d lose your job!”

“And your name would be dragged through the mud as my dirty mistress. Could never let that happen.”

As his hand reached up to graze her cheek, Buffy knew the shock was evident on her face. She had never felt more surprised by anyone in her life. He was completely unconcerned with what might happen to him, that he could possibly lose a job he lived for and instead worried over her getting a bad reputation. It wasn’t the first time this man had shocked her with his devotion to her, she just wasn’t used to it. And she had to admit, it felt nice.

***

“So, I told them I so did not ditch them! Since when is it required that I go to the movies with them every Tuesday?”

Spike chuckled, handing her a soda and sitting down next to her on his couch. “I think you’re supposed to do it voluntarily. Some people actually want to hang out with their friends.”

Buffy glared at him. “Not helping.” She sighed, taking a pretzel from the bag on her lap then continuing with her rant. “It’s not like I did it on purpose, I completely forgot. Which is an excuse I’ve been using a lot lately, I know!” She turned on him, pointing a finger in his face. “You know, this is all your fault!”

“Like I bloody well know your schedule. Should I keep you aware of your hair and nail appointments as well?” he asked sarcastically.

“And after Saturday they’re really ready to kill me.” She looked at him sheepishly. “What? I called them back.”

“Yeah, five hours later.”

“If I remember correctly, you were keeping me very busy for those five hours.”

“I’m happy to take up your time, Princess, I just don’t want Red getting bent out of shape and ratting us out to your mates.”

“She wouldn’t do that,” Buffy told him confidently. “Besides, none of them are in any position to air my dirty laundry.”

Spike raised an eyebrow. “What? Are you lot involved in some sort of sweat shop that makes knock off merchandise?”

“Ew, no.” Buffy rolled her eyes. “Let’s just say they all have bad shit going on.”

“You don’t have to tell me,” he told her, sensing that she was on the fence. “But your secrets are safe with me.”

“It’s nothing too bad,” she assured him, suddenly wanting to tell him all her secrets, but resigning herself to stick to her friends’. “Who should I start with? I guess I’ll save the best for last.

Willow’s really not good at lying, she starts stuttering and blushing-it’s not a pretty picture. But she is super smart and writes peoples’ term papers for them for a hundred dollars each. Sometimes more if the paper is long.

Faith is always in trouble with Dean Snyder. She’s the cause of almost every fight and brawl on campus. Just last month she put a guy in the hospital for slapping her ass at a frat party.”

“That was her?” Spike asked in shock. He certainly hadn’t expected this when he had asked about her friends. Faith looked like a tough broad, but that kid had been in his English 101 two years ago and was at least twice the size of her.

“Yep. Not only does she fight, but she sleeps with just about anyone. Professors, janitors, pizza delivery boys. Whoever's around when she gets the itch. Her latest conquest is the new janitor in the theater building.”

“Cliff?” Spike asked incredulously. “He just go out of jail.”

“That’s how Faith operates, she never does anything the normal way. Last year she was fucking Professor Wood in the sociology department.”

Spike’s head was spinning. Could she be talking about the same sorority girls that looked like they still had sleep overs to give each other manicures and facials? And she hadn’t even gotten to Anya, yet.

“Which leaves me with Anya. Besides sleeping with only the richest athletes on campus, her father owns the clothing line Anyanka.” Spike nodded, letting her know he was familiar with the brand. “He’s into hardcore gambling with the stockholder’s profits and has three or four sweat shops in California and Mexico. Anya loves money and doesn’t see anything wrong with what her father’s doing. She’s the treasurer of our sorority and gambles the money with some high rollers in Vegas.”

“And nobody notices?”

“Of course they do, but nobody says anything because so far she’s only made us tons of money. Not that any of us really need it, but campus funding isn’t a lot.”

“Is that all?” Spike asked sarcastically. He wanted to ask where Buffy stood in her friends’ ring of deceit, but didn’t have the heart to learn anything like that about her. Well, other than the fact that she liked to fuck professors.

“That’s about the gist of it. I mean there’s small stuff here and there, but basically yeah.” She sat back, munching on the pretzels she was currently snacking on as if they weren’t talking about incredibly illegal activities.

“That’s a lot of bad shit, Buffy.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Yeah, I know, but they’re my friends.”

As simple as that, the conversation was over.

“Are your parents coming this weekend?” he asked, hoping to change the topic towards something that he had been wanting to talk to her about.

“Yeah, how’d you know about it?”

“I do get notices about things like this, warning the professors to steer clear of the campus for the weekend.” He smirked at her teasingly.

“So, the teachers dread Parents’ Weekend just like the rest of us?”

“You’re not excited to see your parents, kitten?”

“No,” she replied simply.”They haven’t attended any of these ‘school functions’ since... Actually they never attended any of my school functions so why do they have to come now?”

“Are they the really embarrassing sort?”

“Only if you go home with them,” she scoffed. “Mom’s all about appearances. She just got back from the ‘spa’ and wants to make with the happy family act.”

“The ‘spa’?”

“Yeah, code for rehab in New York. She’s an alcoholic, has been ever since I was eleven and realized it wasn’t normal for mommy to drive me to school already drunk at eight in the morning,” she told him bitterly. “She tells her country club friends that she’s been in Europe vacationing at some spa, it’s a different place every time, so she doesn’t have to tell anyone she’s a drunk.”

“Country club. So I’m guessing you’re from...”

“Beverly Hills.” Spike’s mouth dropped open in shock. Not that he hadn’t noticed everything Buffy owned was designer, but Beverly Hills was the kind of place you knew about but never knew anyone from.

“What? Everyone’s from somewhere.”

“Where are your friends from?” he asked, already knowing they’d all be from somewhere equally posh.

“Anya’s from Hollywood, not too far away from where I grew up. Willow’s parents live in Sunnydale, they’re not rich or anything just living comfortably. And Faith’s from New York.”

Placing her snack on the coffee table, she moved into Spike’s lap, kissing his lips lightly. “I won’t have much time for you with them here, though,” she told him with a pout. It drove him crazy, and she always used it to her advantage.

“Then I guess we’ll have to use the time we do have wisely.” Effortlessly he had her in his arms and was already striding towards his bedroom.