Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks once again for all the feedback! It is greatly appreciated! :)
Chapter Six - Talk

Buffy hadn’t seen Spike since Tuesday night, their last study session. She hadn’t seen Angel either, but that was her own fault. She’d been avoiding him ever since she had sex with Spike in his office over the weekend. But that morning, Angel had called to make a lunch date and she hadn’t been able to think of a good excuse to not go.

So she was waiting in the campus coffee shop for her boyfriend. Was it wrong that it sounded strange to call him that after everything she’d done with Spike? But, Angel was her boyfriend. And she was just using Spike to help Angel get what he wanted.

Or at least she kept telling herself that.

"Hey, babe." Angel gave her a kiss before sitting in the seat across from her. "Got any good news for me?"

"I got a dress for the Theta formal." She hurried on before he could say anything. "It’s really cute. It’s a pink strapless-"

"I meant with Professor Thompson."

"Oh," Buffy said as though she hadn’t known exactly what he’d been talking about. She didn’t want to tell Angel that she’d slept with Spike already. And she didn’t want to think about the reasons behind that. "I told you it would take time."

Angel sighed and leaned back in his seat. "How much time, Buff? By the end of the semester?"

"Probably. I don’t know him well enough to judge yet."

"Fine, just keep pushing him. It won’t take much for him to crack if you turn on the charm."

She knew the conversation was over when he signaled for the waitress.

***

That evening, around six, Buffy found Spike in his office. The door was open and she leaned against the frame waiting to catch his attention. He was too engrossed in whatever he was reading and didn’t notice her until she softly knocked on the open door.

"Hey," she greeted walking into the room and closing the door. "You busy?"

"Nothing that can’t be interrupted," he replied with a smile, putting down the papers in his hand.

She smiled back, coming to sit on his lap and kiss him hello. "I was thinking, if you’re finished here, we could get some Chinese and bring it back to your place." She didn’t want to think about why she wanted to do something so normal as order in dinner with him.

"Sounds like a great idea, love."

She jumped off his lap excitedly and waited for him while he packed up his briefcase. It wasn’t long before they were halfway to the faculty parking lot. Unfortunately, he’d parked in the lot just past her sorority house.

"Buffy!"

Buffy turned at the sound of Willow calling her name. Willow, Faith and Anya were walking towards the student parking lot, which was adjacent to the faculty lot. She gave Spike a nervous look before facing her friends with a smile.

"Hey guys."

"Where are you going?" Anya asked, looking between Buffy and Professor Thompson.

"To study," Buffy told them quickly. "Professor Thompson is tutoring me in English."

Faith raised an eyebrow, but for once in her life kept whatever it was she was thinking to herself.

Anya didn’t do the same. "Is that why you were asking all those questions about him last week?"

Buffy resisted the urge to snap at her friend’s bluntness. Instead, she glared at her and if looks could kill...

"Yes, that’s exactly why. Thanks for bringing it up."

"I was just saying..."

"We were just going to get dinner, you sure you don’t want to come with?" Willow asked, figuring she’d give her friend an out. Studying wasn’t high on Buffy’s priorities, and she wondered how the professor had managed to get her to study with him. He wasn’t even Buffy’s professor.

"No, you guys go ahead. I should really stay with Professor Thompson and work on that paper I have due next week." Buffy felt bad lying to her friends. She hoped they would let it go, even though they all knew she never took her work seriously.

"Okay, B. Catch you later," Faith said with a wink before the three girls walked away.

Buffy let out a breath she hadn’t even realized she’d been holding. "Sorry about Anya," she apologized as they continued towards the lot. "She’s known for saying whatever pops into her brain."

"I remember from when she was in my class," Spike replied. He’d always liked Anya, she was straightforward, but also very intelligent and had a worldly knowledge about her. "Those your friends, Princess?"

"Yep, we’re all in the same sorority, Theta Kappa Epsilon. Right over there." She pointed to a second story window. "That’s my bedroom."

"Theta Kappa Epsilon," Spike said slowly, trying to remember why it sounded so familiar. "Are you having a dance next month?"

"Yep!" she replied excitedly as they approached Spike’s black Yukon Denali. "You’ve seen the fliers?"

"I wish." He unlocked the doors. "Your perkily annoying president managed to convince me to be a chaperone."

"I’ve even managed to snag the hottest members of the faculty as our chaperones."

"Perkily annoying? Watch out you’re starting to sound like me." He laughed. "And ‘evil bitch of death’ would be a better way to describe Harmony."

"She can’t be that bad." Spike raised his eyebrows at the glare she shot him and backed off. "Okay, so she’s that bad."

"You try living with her for three years."

"I’ve had her as a student for almost two and a half," he told her with a smirk. "Somehow she always ends up in one of my classes."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Talk about throwing yourself at someone. Dirty skank."

Spike smiled to himself. Was Buffy acting jealous? "What’s that saying about stones and glass houses, pet?"

"I did not throw myself at you!" Buffy exclaimed defensively. "I offered politely."

"Politely sucked me off," he said with a laugh.

"I didn’t hear any complaints."

"Nor shall you," he assured her, taking her hand in his as he drove. "Now tell me what I should expect from this formal."

"You know, the norm. Drunk sorority girls doing a little dirty dancing."

"Suddenly chaperoning doesn’t seem like such a chore."

She smacked his arm lightly with her free hand. "Perv."

***

They talked, laughed and flirted throughout dinner as they ate on his living room floor. There was music playing in the background, something she’d never heard before. Rock? Punk? It didn’t really matter because it blended in with the natural background noises of his house.

It occurred to her that they were getting comfortable with each other. Holding hands in the car, sharing dinner. It wasn’t about Angel anymore. Angel had started it, sure, but things were spiraling into something much more than either of them had intended. She had thought her life was with Angel, but now she found herself comparing Angel and Spike on a daily basis.

Angel was hard and demanding. They had history and up until last week, they’d had a set future. He loved her, but didn’t put her first. His career was always first, and she’d always believed that deep down he was doing it all for her.

But now, Spike was risking everything for her. He loved his job, and he was well aware of the consequences he would face if anyone ever found out about them.

If Angel had his way, they’d find out before the end of the semester.

Did Spike love her? Why else would he put his job on the line for whatever it was they had? Did she love him? How was it possible to love two people, so different, at the same time? She knew her feelings for Spike were more than they should be, but admitting that she was in love with him-it was too soon for that. Defining such strong emotions took more than a week. Love was built, and Buffy barely knew anything about him.

She wished she could talk to someone about all the thoughts that were running through her mind. Wished she could go to her friends and find out what they thought about her seemingly impossible situation. The only person who even knew about her relationship with Spike wouldn’t want to hear about her budding feelings.

Could she really risk that Spike was just using her as a piece of ass? One thing she didn’t like was getting hurt, and if she let her feelings expand any more than they had already, she’d been setting herself up for a fall.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Buffy looked at Spike. He was finishing his chicken and broccoli and staring at her in wonder. She forced a smile and stood up, taking his hand in hers. "Give me the tour."

Spike left his dinner on the coffee table and led her around the small house. He comically introduced her to all the small things about his house. The kitchen table, the bathroom, his office. Finally he opened the door to the one room she’d been dying to see.

His bedroom was much like the rest of the house, decorated in all black. A soft black carpet covered the floor matching the black furniture around the room. A king sized bed lay in the middle, the only color in the whole room was his red bedding.

"Who’s your decorator?" Buffy teased.

"I was going through a dark time when I moved here," Spike told her.

That is until she decided she liked my brother, Wesley, more than me.

"Oh." She took his hand and led him into the room towards the bed. "Do you realize we’ve never had sex with our clothes off?"

Spike laughed. "Yeah?"

"We should fix that." Buffy sat back on the bed, undoing the fastening of his jeans before he lifted her shirt off her. He eagerly threw his shirt on the floor next to hers. She pushed the jeans down his legs before looking up at him with a raised eyebrow. "Do you always go commando?"

Spike nodded, working on the zipper of her jeans.

"Even at school?"

Spike just smirked at her, giving her his answer with one look. He pulled her pants off of her, and just took a moment to look at her sprawled out on his bed wearing sexy black lingerie.

"Come here." She held her arms out to him.

He eagerly embraced her, kissing her slowly. There was no need to rush anything tonight. He kissed a trail down her body, starting by sucking slowly at that place just below her ear that he knew she loved. She knew he was going to leave a mark and that she would have to explain it to Angel, but she couldn’t bring herself to care.

He left open mouthed kisses down her throat and chest, stopping when he got to her breasts. Reaching behind her, he undid her bra, leaving her bare to his hungry eyes. He descended, gently latching his mouth onto a nipple. Teasing bites soon turned into lazy sucking while he tended to its twin with his fingers.

"Oh, God...." She groaned when he abandoned her breasts to move further down her body.

He licked his way down her flat stomach, his hands caressing her sides as he went. His fingers hooked under her lacy black thong, pulling it down her legs as he kissed her thighs softly.

She was thrusting up, wanting his touch on her aching center. "Spike," she pleaded. "Need you."

"Where, baby?" She thrust up again, but he wanted to hear her say the words.

He kissed her hip, licking the protruding bone, but stopping before he went any lower. She whimpered with need, writhing beneath him. "I’ll kiss you anywhere you want," he promised.

"Spike...need you...Lower!"

His fingers danced over the trembling flesh, teasing her even more. "Need to be more specific, love."

"Spike!" Buffy lifted her head to look at him pleadingly, hoping he wouldn’t take the game any further, but he was staring back at her, waiting for an answer. She dropped her head, quietly whimpering, "Need your mouth on my clit."

Spike smirked, even though she wasn’t looking at him. "Thought you’d never ask." He went down on her, sucking the tight bud into his mouth eagerly, lapping up the juices that were now flowing freely out of her cunt. He thrust in a single digit, opening her up for his probing tongue. While he went back to sucking and biting on her clit, two fingers slid deep inside stroking her. She rocked her hips, fucking his fingers and pushing herself even deeper into his mouth.

She was breathing deeply now, teetering on the edge of an orgasm. This was so foreign to her. Whenever Angel had done this before, he’d always started fucking her before she climaxed from his mouth and hands alone.

"Ughn! Yes, Spike....oh, God! Yes! Yes! Ohgod!"

She lay on his bed, feeling boneless as he licked her clean.

He crawled up her body when he was finished, draping an arm around her waist. "You okay, baby?"

She nodded, incapable of speech at the moment.

"Good, ‘cuz I’m beat." He pulled the comforter and sheets out from underneath them and over their tired bodies. He dropped a feather light kiss onto her forehead before wrapping his arms around her again and pulling her close.

***