Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who's sticking with this fic and reviewing. Thanks to Laura for the beta.
Chapter Seven - Feelings

Buffy woke up a couple of hours later still wrapped in Spike’s embrace. He was still asleep next to her so she took a few minutes just to bask. He looked like a little boy in his sleep, completely innocent. She softly traced the outline of his cheekbone, barely putting any pressure on his face so that she wouldn’t wake him.

She turned her head, resting it against his chest, to leave small kisses across the hard plane. When she reached the nipple, she latched on sucking it gently into her mouth.

Spike stirred beneath her. “Buffy?”

Buffy didn’t stop, instead she rolled on top of him, straddling his waist. She felt him harden beneath her.

She was a vision on top of him. Her hair was adorably messy from sleep, but still looked perfect. His hands reached for her, rubbing her thighs and traveling higher to cup her breasts. They thumbed her nipples, waiting for the buds to harden before moving down again. He inserted a finger, and wasn’t surprised to see how wet she was. She was practically dripping.

“Spike...”

“I know, baby.” He picked her up slightly by the waist and moved her until she was hovering over his erect shaft. He lowered her down slowly, watching as his cock disappeared inside her. He allowed her to set the pace as she started off slowly rolling her hips.

His hands returned to her breasts, palming the small globes. Her excruciatingly slow pace was slowly driving him insane. He grabbed her hips and thrust up into her, starting a faster rhythm. She didn’t seem to mind, following his lead. His fingers were gripping her so hard she knew it would bruise, but the pain only aroused her more.

“Yeah, just like that,” Spike encouraged her as she sped up, seeking her release. He was thrusting up into her just as hard, their hips meeting with a slap with every thrust. His hand left her waist to pinch her clit.

She cried out his name as she rode out her release, leaning down and seeking his lips.

He flipped them over, pounding her into the bed with renewed fervor. He kissed her so hard her lips stung, but she didn’t pull away. Her legs were tightly wrapped around his waist, bringing him further inside her welcoming inferno.

His lips left hers to latch onto her nipple again. He wanted her to come once more before he did. Rubbing her clit as he thrust frantically, her moans and mewls slowly undoing him.

“I’m...uh!...so close...” she whimpered into his neck. He tasted salty and delicious as she sucked on the spot where his neck and shoulder connected.

The moment he felt her inner muscles clamp down around his cock, he was sent over the edge. He thrust up hard into her, spilling his load into her waiting body.

***

“Kitten, you awake?” Spike asked fifteen minutes later.

She nodded. “Yeah.”

He was glad he was spooned against her back and couldn’t see her face. “I was just thinking, I mean I’m sure you’ve thought of this already, but... Are you....?”

Buffy could have laughed at his nervousness. “Spell it out for me, Spike.”

“We haven’t been using condoms,” he blurted out.

“Oh. I’m on the pill.” She looked down at their connected hands resting against her stomach. “If you’re worried about STDs...”

“Should I be?”

This was something Buffy tried hard not to think about. She didn’t think Angel would cheat on her. And if she ever had proof that he had, they’d be over. But she couldn’t help but think how Angel hadn’t even batted an eyelash at the thought of her sleeping with Professor Thompson. It obviously didn’t bother him to think of her with another man, but that didn’t necessarily mean he sought out other women.

“No,” she replied, sounding confident even when it was the last thing she felt. “Not at all.” Lying wasn’t something new to her, but this time she didn’t like it. She didn’t like lying to Spike about something so serious. But if she could lie to herself, she could lie to him.

“That’s all I need to know.” He kissed the nape of her neck, entwining their fingers.

Buffy’s gaze drifted back to their entwined hands. She’d never laid like this with Angel. Not even in the beginning. And it scared the shit out of her.

***

Buffy ended up staying the night. Neither of them had acknowledged it, but Spike hadn’t offered to drive her home and Buffy hadn’t wanted to leave.

The sun streaming into the room woke her up around eight. It was Friday and she didn’t have any classes and usually she’d still be asleep. Spike was no longer in the bed beside her, and the sound of his morning shower was a nice incentive to get out of bed early.

As quietly as she could, she snuck into the bathroom. The glass doors were steamy and she could barely make out the outline of his naked body under the hot spray. She managed to slide the door just enough to emit her petite body without him noticing. Her arms wrapped around his waist from behind.

He pretended to study the small arms wrapped around his middle. “Hmm, pink fingernails. Blond hair... could it be Harmony?”

Buffy gasped and hit his back.

He laughed and turned around, faking embarrassment. “God, pet I’m sorry. I forgot you stayed the night.”

She pouted until he wrapped his arms around her, planting a kiss on her forehead. “Only teasing, kitten. Could never forget you.”

“You better not.”

He reached for her, but she evaded his grasp, turning him and pressing him up against the back wall. Before he knew what was happening, she was on her knees before him stroking his half erect cock to life.

She heard him hiss in anticipation before engulfing him in the heat of her mouth. The water from the shower was running down her back, feeling like a massage and helped relaxed her sore muscles. Spike was great, but God could he be an animal! He’d already pounded her into the top of his desk, his front door and his bed.

She focused on bobbing her head up and down, swirling her tongue around and massaging his balls with her hands. This wasn’t something she did often, although she did have the experience. She rarely gave Angel head and when she did it was because he wanted her to. Why she felt the need to get on her knees for Spike was something she didn’t want to think about. He brought out the sexual slut in her, that was for sure.

Spike’s hands were in her hair, and he was trying not to thrust into her and start fucking her mouth. He ran his fingers through her damp strands, trying to hold off his orgasm but he was so close. Her mouth felt amazing and she was sucking him like a pro.

“Oh, God! I’m gonna...uh!” His hands fisted in her hair, holding her to him as the warm liquid started pouring down her throat. “Harmony!”

Did he just...? She got to her feet, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand and staring at him in disbelief. Her eyes were round as saucers and he was smirking at her. God, how she wanted to slap that smirk off his face. Did he even realize what he just did?

Then, he started laughing. Giant, peals of laughter. He was laughing so hard he had to clutch his stomach and hold onto the wall for support.

What the fuck was so God damned funny?!

She resisted the urge to punch or kick or use any violence against him at all. Instead, she took it out on the door, shoving it open so hard it knocked off its hinges. She didn’t even bother with a towel as she searched for her clothes, throwing them on over her wet skin.

“Buffy!” Spike called from the shower, trying to sober up. “I was only kidding, baby. God, the look on your face was bloody priceless!”

She ignored him, attempting to shove her still damp legs into her already too tight jeans.

Spike came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He wasn’t laughing anymore. “Not funny?”

She sent him a murderous glare, but continued dressing herself.

“I’m sorry. Wrong time for jokes.” He crossed the room, trying to get her to slow down and look at him. “Would you fucking look at me?”

Buffy stopped what she was doing to face him. She didn’t have tears in her eyes, but he could tell she was close.

“I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry?” she cried. “Oh, well then I guess it’s okay. All’s forgiven!” Her voice was perky, but her expression told him otherwise.

“It was just a joke, Buffy. I didn’t actually think you were Harmony.”

“Whatever,” she replied calmly.

He knew better than to think she would get over it so soon. “You’re not mad anymore?”

“Nope.”

He didn’t know exactly what to say. She was putting on an act, giving him short, curt answers that let him know she was still angry with him. He didn’t want to push her and renew the argument, but if he let it go she’d let the angry feelings fester and blow up at him over something small down the road.

“Because it’s okay if you are. It was a bloody stupid thing for me to do.”

“It was. I’m over it now.” She refused to make eye contact with him. “I’m going to make myself breakfast.”

Spike sighed heavily, feeling like the biggest wanker in the world. Him and his stupid practical jokes. Feeling helpless, he started to get dressed, not knowing what else he could do to make things right with Buffy.

***

Buffy cracked an egg into the bowl she was using to scramble her eggs. She tried to concentrate on stirring the yolky mixture, but her mind just wouldn’t rest.

Yeah, he had a weird sense of humor. Totally uncalled for. But he seemed genuinely sorry and realized it was a huge mistake. That wasn’t what was bugging her.

The real problem was that it had hurt her feelings.

Since when was he able to hurt her feelings? This thing, whatever they had, was going entirely too far. She was using him for God’s sake. Involved in a plan that would get him fired from a job he loved and he’d probably never be able to teach again. And she’d agreed to it because it was what needed to be done. A means to an end. In her mind that had been justification enough.

But now she was learning things about him. She knew how he liked his coffee and where he grew up and what his favorite movie was. She was spending the fucking night wrapped in his arms!

No, this hadn’t been the plan. It was her own fault. If she could just tell Angel mission accomplished it would all be over. Spike’s career, these feelings. All of it. Over.

So what the hell was she doing?

Two strong arms wrapped around her waist from behind and she jumped in surprise.

Spike leaned down to kiss her shoulder. “Sorry, Princess. Didn’t mean to scare you.” He left her to reach into the refrigerator and pull out bacon. “Making enough for me or should I get more eggs?”

Now they were making breakfast together?!

Buffy pushed away the bowl as if it had bitten her. The gooey liquid sloshed over the sides, making a mess on the counter. “I-I’m not hungry anymore.” She grabbed her purse from the kitchen table and started walking to his front door.

“Buffy!” he yelled, rushing after her. “Where are you going?”

“I should get going.” She racked her brain for a good reason to leave. Studying, no. Shopping, no too early. “Sorority meeting.”

He looked at the clock over his shoulder with a frown. “It’s only 8:45. Are you sure you’re not still mad?”

“No,” she scoffed. “I’m so completely over it. I’m so over it I forgot it even happened until you just mentioned it.”

“Okay.” He didn’t sound convinced. “At least let me give you a ride.”

“No, I can walk. Get some exercise, I’ve been seriously neglecting the gym lately.” She forced a smile to her face. “I’ll see you later,” she told him leaning up to give him a peck on the cheek before disappearing out the front door.

***