Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimers: Again I own nothing it all belongs to Joss.
Chapter 1: Oddest Possible Date

‘Holy shit,’ was the first thought that went through William ‘Spike’ Black’s head. ‘Who is that girl?’ He watched as she shuffled into the classroom with a nice looking red head. Sitting beside Spike, Oz (Aka: Daniel Osborne) nudged his friend in the ribs.

“Hey look at the red,” he said to Spike as he watched her pull the blonde behind her.

“A little busy looking at the blonde,” replied Spike.

Willow practically dragged her friend to the only two open seats left in the room. Willow sat right in front of Oz as she pushed Buffy into the seat in front of Spike. They were in the very back of the class, and with no one around to see them, Oz and Spike found themselves staring at Willow and Buffy as if they were goddesses, which in their minds they were.

Buffy looked around herself self-consciously to find that everyone had already lost interest in the new arrivals. Soon a young woman entered the class room. “Hello everyone I’m Miss Calendar and I will be your English teacher for this year.” She wrote her name on the board and then started to call the attendance. As soon as she was finished she decided to do some activities to help everyone to get to know each other.

“Alright now, everyone I want you to turn to the person in front or behind you and introduce yourselves. Tell each other a bit about yourselves and try to do this as pleasantly and quietly as possible.”

Buffy and Willow turned around in their seats and looked at Spike and Oz, who said nothing. Buffy looked to Willow questioningly. Neither of the guys were saying anything. They just sat their staring at them.

“Umm….. Hello?” Willow asked, cautiously waving a hand in front of the other red head’s face. Finally he snapped out of it and looked beside him to find Spike still staring at the blonde before him.

“Spike, hey, snap out of it.” He said. When Spike did nothing, he punched him lightly in the arm. Finally Spike broke out of his reverie and looked over at his friend with a questioning glance. Oz tilted his head to the girls in front of him and finally Spike looked to see that the beautiful blonde was staring at him nervously.

“Oh! Sorry about that.” Oz turned back to the cute little red in front of him and they started to talk a bit together, telling each other about themselves.

“So, luv, what’s your name?”
“Umm…Buffy…Summers…Buffy Summers.” She said.
“OK… I’m Spike Black, nice to meet you.”
“Err… Yeah you too.”
“So… My name is Spike Black, my favorite color is black, my favorite song is ‘Clampdown’ by The Clash, my favorite flower is, oddly, daisies and my favorite movie is ‘The Sixth Sense’. What about you?”

“Umm… My name is B-Buffy Summers, my f-favorite color is r-red, my favorite s-song is ‘All the King’s Horses’ by Robert Plant, my favorite flower is also d-daisies and my favorite movie is ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’.

The two of them continued talking and soon Buffy started to feel more comfortable with the bleached blond male.

Soon Ms. Calendar stopped the exercise and every one turned to face the front of the class. “Now, everybody will tell us where they’re from, how they got here and something interesting about themselves.” She started at the front of the class.

“My name is Anya Jenkins, I’ve lived here my whole life, I’m here because I graduated from Jr. High and I like orgasms, but only when they come from my boyfriend.”

“O.k. Anya, that’s… nice, next person, please.”

Buffy realized that most of the people were originally from Sunnydale and knew each other already. When it was Spike’s turn he stood up and said “My name’s Spike Black, I’m originally from London but have lived in Sunnydale with my Uncle for three years and I like Punk music.”

Then it was Buffy’s turn. “Umm… I’m from L.A. and moved to Sunnydale this summer, I’m here because I got expelled from my last school and I really like music, any type. “

Since she was last Ms. Calendar thought she would get her to tell them a bit about what it was like in LA and maybe even why she got expelled. “Can you tell us why you got expelled Ms. Summers?”

“Umm… Well… I s-sort of, hung the Gym Teachers underwear on the flag pole and stole the American Flag.”

The entire class burst out laughing, including Ms. Calendar. The bell rang and Buffy was the first one out the door. The rest of the morning was spent mostly without incident, but when she entered the cafeteria and the entire room started to applaud she knew that everyone had heard about her fiasco in LA. Buffy saw Willow sitting at one of the tables and when she spotted her, she started waving her over.

“Xander had to go to the Library and get some books he’s missing so I won’t get to introduce you.”

“Oh, that’s ok.”
Buffy sat down and the two girls ate their lunch together with only the occasional chatting. When Lunch was over, Willow and Buffy were walking out of the cafeteria on their way to their lockers, when they both ran into two hard, male bodies and fell to the floor.

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

Riley and Angel looked down at the two girls on the floor and then looked over at each other and smirked for their job well done.

Riley bent down in front of the redhead, while Angel did the same in front of the blonde. “Wow, are you two okay?” Angel asked. “We must not have seen you. Although, how could we miss such pretty things as you?”

“We’re fine,” stated Willow as Riley helped her to her feet. She looked over to see Angel brushing Buffy’s hair away and helping her to stand.

“I’m really sorry, maybe there’s something we could do to make it up to you girls?” asked Riley. “Hey, there’s a party next weekend. Maybe we could take you.” asked Angel looking sheepish. Buffy looked up at him as though studying him. “Sure,” said Willow.

“Great,” said Riley. “It’s at Cordelia Chase’s house, her address is 2023, Grant Place. We’ll meet you there at around 8:00.” “See you two then.” And with that they walked off towards their lockers.