Spike stared down at the bed and almost vomited. The sheets, the floor, and –oh God- the tiny girl on the bed were all covered it sticky, dark, red, horrifying blood. Buffy was still unconscious, her eyes fluttering beneath her closed eyelids. Spike rushed to the side of her bed and tried to untie her without damaging her more than had already been done. It was impossible for him to untie the ropes without moving her. He was about to cry in frustration when something caught the light in the corner of his eye. He turned towards it and went over to inspect it. It was a knife, covered with the blood of the girl that lay on the bed beside him.

Spike rushed to the side of the bed and quickly cut the ropes, then ran to the doorway and called for help. Cordelia Chase came running up the stairs and started yelling. Spike ran out to her and said “Call an ambulance. I mean Two! I mean two ambulances!” “Spike, what’s going on?” She tried to walk around Spike to see what had happened but he blocked her. “You don’t wanna see it Cordy. Just call an ambulance.” Cordy ducked around him and ran towards the door before he could stop her. She looked around the room, wide eyed. “Oh God!” she ran towards the edge of Buffy’s bed and nearly broke down crying at the sight of the girl bleeding on the bed.

Spike ran down the stairs, grabbed the phone and called for the ambulances himself.

“Hello, Sunnydale Emergency Station, how can I help you?” asked the phone operator. “There are two girls, they were attacked, and we need a couple ambulances.” Said Spike, trying to stay calm in order for the woman to be able to help him. “The address is 2023 Grant Place.” “Okay stay calm don’t touch the girls, just wait for the paramedics.” Spike hung up the phone and ran back upstairs.

He opened the door to find Willow still weeping in Oz’s arms and Cordelia sitting on the pillow with Buffy’s head in her lap. Not to mention Buffy’s blood all over herself. Cordelia was crying silently, trying not to disturb Buffy. Even though she didn’t know Buffy very well, she was suddenly feeling very protective of her at that moment and decided that she would try to get to know her and help her get through the pain she would obviously have coming. Cordy worked out how she could become a good friend to Buffy in the future. Not letting her self think of the possibility that Buffy could die.

Suddenly Cordelia, Oz and Spike heard the wailing of sirens and Spike ran downstairs to let the paramedics in and show them to where Willow and Buffy were. The paramedics came rushing through the door. Intent on getting to the injured people as quickly as possible, not knowing to what extent the girls had been injured. They rushed up the stairs behind Spike and gasped at the scene before them.

The first three paramedics rushed over to where Buffy lay with her head in Cordy’s lap, the other to Willow who was weeping into Oz’s shoulder. The paramedic checked her out and found that Willow had burns on her wrists and ankles from the ropes and a few shallow cuts from where the knife had nicked her. He carried her in his arms quickly to the ambulance with Oz following closely behind. “We’re just going to check her out and make sure that none of the injuries get infected and that there is no internal damage.” He explained to Oz. “Do you know what happened?” he asked. Oz just shook his head and told him that they’d found them tied to the beds. “Is it possible that this was a rape?” he asked Oz. Oz looked astonished that he hadn’t even considered this option and finally, sadly nodded his head yes.

The paramedic left Oz with Willow in the ambulance, Oz trying to get her to calm down, while the paramedic went up to help his partner.

He rushed up the stairs and aided his partners in checking her pulse and inspecting her wounds. Cordy and Spike stood in the corner watching silently as the paramedics did their job, both of them praying to God that she would be alright.

Once the paramedics finished checking her wounds and her pulse two of them ran down to grab a stretcher, one of them stayed by the girl’s side and the other went over to explain the damage to Spike and Cordelia.

“We think this might have been a rape,” he explained to the two shocked teens. “There is blood everywhere from wounds mostly on her thighs and chest, they could easily be infected and with all the blood it is impossible to tell what may have happened. We have to bring both girls into the hospital to check for internal injuries and infections as well as some other things. We are hoping that we can get your friend over there into the hospital as quickly as possible and keep her stabilized until we get her hooked up to some machines that will help her to regain her health and strength. One of you may ride in the ambulance but only one.”

“You go, Spike” said Cordy. “I can drive there and meet you at the hospital.”

Spike thanked her and rushed down to the ambulance behind the paramedics carrying Buffy in the stretcher.

Cordelia walked behind them with the last paramedic. “Is there a chance she could die?” she asked him. He stopped and gave her a sad look before continuing to walk down the stairs. “Right.” said Cordelia.

She silently followed the rest of the people rushing through her house and rushed to her car. She waited as the paramedics loaded Buffy into the back of the vehicle before driving cautiously behind them, thinking silently to herself how sad she would be if she lost this opportunity to make a good friend.

********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*********

At the Hospital:

Spike, Oz and Cordelia sat quietly in the waiting room thinking quietly to themselves, praying to God and trying to hold themselves together and not cry in despair. Spike looked up as he heard footsteps coming towards him. Jumping up as he saw the doctor heading towards them.

“I assume you are the three that arrived with Willow Rosenberg and Buffy Summers?” he asked. “Yes” they replied in unison. “Have their families been informed?” he asked. “I called their homes but there was no answer. I left a message. I also called Angel’s cell, he and Dawn are on their way.” said Cordelia. The doctor looked at her approvingly and continued on to the explanation.

“Both girls have severe wounds. They were raped and beaten, although Miss Summers did get the most of it. She has some internal would where the knife was shoved inside of her. But they will heal with medication and we have no reason to operate, they are not very severe. She also has cuts along her body and will need several stitches to close them up as well as with Miss Rosenberg. They also had their wrists and ankles rubbed raw from the ropes they were tied with but they will heal and not leave a scar. Both girls are unconscious from the blood loss but we will operate as soon as possible and then you will be able to see them.” The doctor left them to process this information and returned to the operating room where they would be stitching up the girls’ wounds.

They heard a noise from the doors of the hospital and looked up to see Willow’s parents rushing into the hospital. They rushed over to the teens, thanked them for what they’d done and then went to the main desk where they could find someone to explain to them what was wrong with their baby girl.

The teens stood in shock, finally ending that shock with Spike kicking over a chair and Cordy bursting into tears, Oz looking extremely angry ran over to Spike to calm him down before sitting down next to Cordelia and attempting to comfort her. “How could someone do that to them?!” she finally cried out. “Don’t worry, we’ll find out who did it.” Said Spike in a menacing tone.

Just then the doors to the hospital crashed open and Angel ran in Dawn running in behind him. “What happened?!” he asked them as soon as he reached them. A doctor came over to ask him who he had come to see and then proceeded to find yet another doctor who could explain to him and Dawn the damages to his sister.

After finally finishing asking questions, they returned and sat with the rest of the group. “I’m gonna kill whoever did this to her” he swore. “Don’t worry; we’ll have your back” said Oz, Spike nodding his head in agreement.

“Where’s your father?” asked Cordelia. “I’m not sure,” Angel said sadly, “I have no way to contact him. But as soon as he gets here I’m sure he’ll take care of everything.” He said with confidence, unknowing to him that his father was sitting in the basement drunk off his ass.

Dawn gave him a sad look knowing well and good that their father wouldn’t care about Buffy.

******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***********
Please Review