Author's Chapter Notes:
Ah! I'm so sorry for lack of updates these past few weeks. School has started and has been hectic. Plus a new computer that is a totally different brand from the ones I'm use to. I went from Windows to a Mac very hard and long time to figure out everything. I would like to thank Luxferi my better who did a spledid job on this chapter and gave me great feedback.

Also I feel bad...with the domain use of my website it sends me lots of trash e-mail to my bulk folder(things by senders I don't know). 80 a day in that bulk folder and I usually just trash it and I realized I aciddently deleted a few e-mails from readers that I could not rescue back from the trash. If you sent one and never got a reply back I am so sorry it was purely on accident.
Chapter 15: Giles Estate Grapevine of Gossip

”Bloody hell!”

Buffy giggled at his outburst while the puppy began barking when Spike raised his voice. Spike turned to the puppy and gave it a snarling look. It just seemed to send the puppy off on another hysterics of barks.

“I knew I should have not gotten the yappy one,” Spike said through gritted teeth.

“What’s wrong with my name for him?” Buffy asked as she pushed her lower lip out in a pout. She smiled wickedly inside knowing no one could say no to her pout. She could tell it was working on Spike as he stared at her with a dazed look in his eyes. She upped her control by biting the corner of her lip and darting her tongue out to lick her lip sensually.

“You’re going to confuse us if we’re in the same room, pet.”

Buffy shook her head. “You’ll know when I’m talking to you.” Buffy continued pouting and biting her lip. Spike found himself doing the same as he watched her. It was amazing how he found her doing simple little things to get her way can be so erotic. After he had finally regained control over his arousal and need for her, he suddenly felt it coming back just from the simple biting of her lip.

“Oh bugger.” She broke out into a smile, giggling and all.

“Does that mean you’re okay with it.”

“Yeah, yeah. Come here you.” Spike stepped up closer and bent down intending on kissing her senseless. He was cut off when the now named puppy Spike came bounding from his place on the bed to bark directly at Spike. Both the blondes froze and the puppy stopped. Both of them watched the dog carefully from the corner of their eyes. Testing the waters, Spike leant in a little closer to Buffy and the yapping started up again. Buffy laughed, reaching out to pat the head of the little fiery black lab.

“He’s protective. Probably thinking you’re the big bad and trying to seduce me.” Buffy smirked at Spike and pushed past him.

The thing is perceptive too. Spike thought as Buffy passed him leaving him to occupy her spot on the bed. He watched her walk to the closet probably to pick up the shoeboxes that had fallen. As he stared after her, Spike could feel little Spike staring at him from his sitting place on the bed.

Spike bent down close to be at eye level with the dog. “Watch it you little bugger. I bought her for you but she’s my girl.” Spike whispered to the pup. “I can kiss her whenever I bloody like. You pull something like that again and you might find yourself being restricted to sleep on the balcony.” The big mafia boss wanted to slap himself for giving this kind of talk to a little puppy. Little Spike just growled leaving Spike to growl back.

“Spike what are you doing?” He heard Buffy call from her closet.

“Ah nothing pet, just bonding with little Spike here.” He called back, hoping Buffy hadn’t heard his little chat.

“Mhmm. Can you come give me a hand here?”

Spike got up, pointing his finger at the black lab to stay, giving it a menacing look in the process. Walking into the closet, Spike found Buffy in the same position he had yesterday, standing on her tippy toes trying to put her shoeboxes up on one of the upper shelves.

“Kitten, what are you doing?”

“Trying to put my shoes up here so Spike won’t get into them in the future,” she told him. She jumped up but failed to even get it up there. “Thankfully these are shoes I never wear.”

“Move over shorty,” Spike said, taking the box from her. Buffy stuck her tongue out at him but moved over. “I can see why pet. You have more shoes than a shoe store.” Spike looked at all of her shelves and noticed that most of them were piled neatly with shoeboxes.

“Shut up!” Buffy said, slapping his arm before handing him another box. “A girl needs her shoes.”

Spike muttered something under his breath rolling his eyes. “You’re worse than a collector.”

“So. It’s a weakness. I’m an impulse buyer when it comes to shoes.”

“Good. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, pet.” He bent close and pressed a kiss to her forehead before grabbing another box.

Buffy giggled. “Yeah Willow’s tried to put me on the patch...hey be careful with those. They’re Mary Janes,” Buffy scolded when she saw Spike trying to throw one of her favorites pairs onto two already stacked boxes.

“Mary who?” Spike asked giving her a perplexed look.

“Never mind. Hey! I bet you have your weird quirks too,” she said with a pout.

“You’re right. I do have my little things I love. But I don’t think you want to know about them.” He waggled his eyebrows and gave the blonde girl a wink.

“You’re right. I don’t want to know,” she replied, blushing.

To the first time outside observer, they would think that right now these two blondes knew each other well and getting along like best friends. Some would have no idea that right now was the first time since meeting that they had actually enjoyed the other’s company without breaking into an argument.

Buffy turned from Spike, suddenly hearing a knock at the door. She heard little Spike running and barking at the closed barrier. “Calm down.” She swiped up the puppy in her arms and walked over to turn the knob.

“Hey Gunn, Wesley,” Buffy greeted the two men standing in her bedroom doorway.

“Hey Miss Summers.” Both of them said simultaneously. Their gazes fell on the black lab she was holding in her arms. Grinning, Gunn reached out to scratch it behind the ears. Little Spike stuck out his tongue, panted and began to kick his back hind paw repeatedly against Buffy’s chest, obviously enjoying the affectionate gesture.

Spike came out of Buffy’s closet just in time to see the display. “Oh he lets you touch him but gets pissy whenever I get near.”

Buffy turned her head to see Spike now standing behind her, glaring down at the puppy. “Maybe it’s because you do that to him?”

“What?” Spike asked, confused.

Buffy mimicked his glaring, trying to show what she suspected was the reason little Spike didn’t like big Spike.

“What’s the little fellow’s name?” Wesley piped up, reaching out to scratch the pup himself.

Spike just rolled his eyes and Buffy beamed towards the two men eager to tell them the name she chose. “Spike!”

Both Wesley and Gunn burst into twin hysterical laughter, leaving Spike to now glare at them too. “I told you that was a dog’s name.” Gunn managed to say to Wesley while laughing uncontrollably, holding his side.

“Ey! Standing right here!”

Buffy turned towards Spike, smiling. “You know, they’re right.”

“Watch your step missy,” Spike growled, shaking his finger at her. Buffy stuck out her tongue holding little Spike closer to her.

Gunn and Wesley just continued to watch the two blondes silently after having satisfying bouts of laughter at the ridiculous name, both wondering what had happened to these two, to get along so well, when it was known to the whole house that just yesterday they had argued. They noticed that Spike was looking down at Buffy, annoyance etched on his face but evidently he wasn’t really annoyed. Buffy stared back up at him, glee in her sparkling hazel eyes.

When Buffy and Spike began to stare at each other for too long, especially when the blondes appeared to as if like they had forgotten about Gunn and Wesley still standing there, Wesley cleared his throat loudly. Spike turned towards his men, his brows furrowed in annoyance.

“Sorry boss. But the reason me and Wesley came up here was to tell you, that you have a phone call that cannot wait,” Gunn informed Spike.

Buffy turned away from the group, going over to her bed. She placed the little pup on the white comforter and stood next to her bed, her right hand circling the puppy’s head which seemed to send the puppy to twist in different ways to snap at her hand.

She tuned out the others as Spike, Gunn, and Wesley continued to converse about something Buffy knew she might not like if she listened.

Buffy lost all concentration, not noticing Spike walk up to where she stood until he put his hand on her shoulder.

“Look, pet. I have to take care of this phone-call. It will only be half an hour. Why don’t you go ahead and rest up and then meet me down at the back garden to have an early brunch in thirty minutes.” She felt him bend down to place a kiss at the back of her neck. It left her shivering, and her skin heated even after Buffy heard Spike exited the room.

Buffy Summers stood there for just one minute as she thought over what had just happened. She ignored the fact that little Spike was licking her fingers, trying to get her attention on him. Instead she played over the happenings over the past few minutes.

The flirting, the smiles they gave each other. The bantering and the teasing. The gentle place of his hands on her shoulder and the kiss he left on her neck. My, had their behaviors towards each other turned drastically the other way since yesterday. Yesterday and the days beforehand Spike and Buffy had argued about their situation like cats and dogs. Buffy was being stubborn because she felt that she was going to be treated horribly. But now Buffy was faced with the fact of how Spike really might treat her. Gentle kisses and nice brunches in the garden. Buffy shook her head, trying not to laugh before she turned towards the bathroom. Maybe things would be good.

*****


“I expect you to be treating my daughter properly?” Hank Summers asked into the phone to Spike’s ear.

“Yes. Though you are right. Buffy can be quite stubborn. However, I think we are getting along well right now.” It was part truth. But, Spike couldn’t actually bring himself to tell Hank Summers that he had nearly hit his daughter less than 24 hours ago. It was behind him and Buffy currently and really that was the only thing that mattered the most.


“Okay, well I think we should meet to actually discuss what we are going to be doing about O’Connor and Finn. I would rather sort things out now than wait for it to actually blow up. I am confident you prefer that as well.”

“Yes mate. I explained to my father the things and after you and I discuss what shall happen he’ll be happy to send us things from my family’s branch in England.” Spike sat on the edge of his desk, holding the phone between his shoulder and his ear. He took his gun out of his holster and placed it in his desk drawer before locking it up. “Yeah I understand that Hank. How about you call Wesley and have things arranged on when we shall meet. I have to meet your daughter for brunch.”

Spike hung up the phone before he heard Hank say anything further. Quickly, Spike took off the gun holster and left it to rest on his desk before picking up the phone again and dialing Wesley’s office.

“Wesley Pryce,” his employee said after three rings.

“Wes, it’s Spike. I told Hank to call you to arrange things on a meeting. Make sure it’s not at night and early in the morning, that is what I prefer right now. Got it?”

Spike heard Wesley sigh and rustled some papers. “Yeah Spike, I’ll wait for Mr. Summers to call.”

“Thank you dear cousin.” The blonde said goodbye and hung up the phone again.

Without another thought to business again Spike left his office and headed up to the fourth floor. Stopping every once in while to talk with Faith or Xander about which work needed to be done. Coming to his room he stopped and pressed his ear to Buffy’s own door. The sound of the shower running could be heard faintly as well as a melodic humming, and the thought made him smile slightly. It was too bloody adorable.

The mafia leader tried to restrain his following thoughts and imagination about what Buffy’s beautiful body would look like under sprays of shower. If he didn’t, Spike would find himself in his own shower alone, running the water cold.

Why was this blonde beauty affecting Spike so much? Spike could admit to himself that he had been with much more forward women, hotter and sexier than her. Though Spike also knew there was something about Buffy that drew him to her at first sight. Was it her looks, or the way she presented herself? The first day they had met, when the Summers butler had interrupted her reading time, Buffy hadn’t been mean or snobby to the servant unlike most common rich girls. Instead she treated the man as an equal and with generous manners.


It had to be her heart that was making Spike fall for Buffy Summers. Her heart and her personality. She sure was a spitfire and Spike still liked that. Buffy didn’t throw herself at men and Spike Giles was finding the fact that she was completely innocent was comforting and arousing at the same time.

He could teach her so many things in the art of sex, give her that dark side’s role she would be perfect for, but at the same time maintain that bubbling personality and innocence he had witnessed on rare occasions.

Spike changed out of his tie and suit jacket, pulling out his tucked in shirt and rolling up the sleeves. He changed his suit pants to dark blue jeans and put on his comfortable boots. Just as he was about to walk out the door of his bedroom the phone rang on his bedside table.

“Oh bugger.”

*****


Buffy stepped out of her room and closed the door after the black lab puppy bounded out, following her. She stopped, hearing Spike’s raised voice through the door yelling at god knows who. For a second she wondered if she should go in there and just wait for him; that way they could walk down to the garden together but at his yelling Buffy decided to just wait for him downstairs.

Upon reaching the garden outside, with little Spike at her heels Buffy sat down in one of the lounge chairs next to the pool. Tara came out and asked if Buffy would like something to drink and the blonde decided on a lemonade. As Tara went to get Buffy’s drink, she sat there staring off in the distance letting her thoughts wander. However, Buffy was interrupted when Anya walked up from behind her.

“Hey Buffy!” The bubbly blonde said.

“Oh hey Anya.” Buffy greeted back. She looked up at Anya standing over her, leaving Buffy to shield her eyes from the sun that silhouetted Anya’s figure.

“So you and Spike made up, huh?” Anya asked and to Buffy’s relief she sat down in the lounge chair next to hers.

Buffy looked at Anya confused. ”How did you know?”

“You’re the boss’s mistress. Trust me when I say that probably the whole household will know when you two fight and make up.”

Buffy stared at Anya. She found the fact that everyone on the Giles estate would know about her and Spike’s relationship very unsettling and she didn’t know why.

“Oh.” Was all Buffy could say to Anya.

Anya stared back at Buffy. “You didn’t know that?” Buffy shook her head. “It’s true. The same thing happens with Xander and I sometimes. You can use it to your advantage though. Say if Spike isn’t giving you enough orgasms you can tell one of us and then we tell the others and soon Spike hears and makes it up to you. Though now that I think about it…Spike probably wouldn’t be very happy that you tell the whole house he’s not giving you enough orgasms…because well no man likes his manhood being talked-“

“Anya…I don’t think I’ll be using the household grapevine of gossip to get better orgasms.” Buffy assured Anya, cutting off the embarrassing tirade. In the little time Buffy had been at Giles estate she had figured out that Anya Harris was a very open woman, who talked about anything without shame or embarrassment. Especially when it came to her favorite topic of orgasms. No wonder Xander had to constantly remind his wife’s by saying her name in that tone at lunch yesterday. The woman spilled their intimate secrets, without considering about boundaries. Though Buffy was sure Anya really didn’t see anything wrong with it. Everyone knew, including Xander that Anya wasn’t purposefully trying to make Xander look bad if it came to that, by talking about the size of his manhood.

The blonde woman just kept smiling at Buffy, giving her a wink as if she thought Buffy had some other way of using the ‘household grapevine of gossip’ as Buffy had called it.

“Well I better go. Xander said since he has the rest of the afternoon free, he’s going to take me shopping. As much as I like shopping, I’ll be sad to part with the money. Oh well!” Anya Harris waved goodbye to Buffy and walked back towards the house. She left Buffy to shake her head with a smile. That girl was certainly a different breath of fresh air.

As Buffy sat there she for once tried not to think about the disturbing things that went on in the house. The constant whispers that could occur about her and Spike’s relationship, the acts going on in this very house, and some of the acts these people did when out of the house. She relied on the comforting thought that all of these people seemed rather nice. Well… granted Spike was a little mean but he wasn’t right now and that was what mattered to Buffy.

Laying her head back, Buffy closed her eyes and allowed herself to relax to the sound of the chirping birds and the soft breezy sound of the wind blowing past her. She didn’t know how long she laid there just relaxing. It was almost like she was dancing. Like her body was taking over for her and she was going into that hazy state.

“Birds singin', squirrels making lots of rotten little squirrels, sun beamin' down in a nice non-fatal way. It's very exciting. Can't wait to see if I freckle.”

Buffy opened her eyes to see Spike standing next to her looking off in the horizon over the grass of the estate. She gave him a funny look wondering if he was going crazy.

Buffy snorted. “I can obviously tell that you don’t like the sun that much.”

“Was it my lack of a sun tan that clued you into that fact pet?” Spike asked with a teasing smile. Buffy simply stuck her tongue out at him. “Though you, my pet, are too beautiful to be hidden from the sun.” He bent down low, balancing on the front of his toes to cup his hand to her cheek and looked her in the eyes. Just as he had done earlier that morning at the theater. Buffy was finding herself in that loss-of-breath state from staring into his handsome blue eyes. He was being so gentle with her. She had seen it before but this side would always be the hardest to get used to. Especially when they had first met he seemed cocky or just plain mean and terrifying.

“Spike…” Buffy spoke his name before his lips met with his in a soft kiss. Buffy laid against the pool lounge chair as Spike kissed her ever so gently, his other hand across her to rest on the other side of her body. Buffy leant up a little more to kiss him back urgently. This time they ignored the puppy that had been yapping continuously ever since Spike bent close to Buffy.

Their kiss seemed to last forever. Buffy was discovering that each time they kissed it was getting better and better. Almost as if they were meant for each other. She dismissed that thought though because it was absurd.

Spike was about to pull her close, but as always, they were interrupted. Two servants Buffy did not recognize came out of the house carrying a tray each. It was obvious they were trying not to notice the two blondes and be as quiet as possible. However both Spike and Buffy did notice and Buffy pulled away quickly, reminding herself about the known gossip ring that occurred in this household. She stared down at the ground embarrassed a little, seeing Spike out of the corner of her eye, who silently glared at the house service with his eyes.

Buffy looked Spike over finally noticing the change of clothes. He still wore the maroon shirt but had changed his shoes and suit pants to jeans and boots. He had lost the tie and had rolled the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows. Very casual, very sexy on him.

“Brunch is served Mr. Giles,” The housemaid announced before leading the other girl back into the house. Spike got up, walking over to the glass patio table that had plates of food on it. Buffy got up and came to stand next to him, staring down at the spread that the kitchen had all prepared for them for a simple brunch.

“Take your pick my pet,” Spike told her as he wrapped his arm around her waist, picking up a piece of sliced apples and taking a bite.

“Spike I was wondering…” Buffy picked up a strawberry for herself pulling off the green top.

He stared at her, watching her gentle movements. It was sweet and mesmerizing. “What is it pet?”

“Well, I just want to make things clear. I’m allowed to leave as I wish right?”

Spike looked at her confused. “Yeah. Why? Planning on running away already?” He asked, teasing her. Buffy just shook her head and bit into her strawberry not realizing the affects of doing just that could affect Spike so badly.

“No, I just like to see my friends and family. I mean I’ll see Dawn at rehearsal but I’d like to check in on my mother regularly especially with her just trying her new treatment.” Buffy sat down making a small plate, and Spike followed.

“What happened to her? I heard she was sick pet,” Spike asked. It was true. He had heard through the city from sources that Hank’s wife Joyce was having hard times dealing with something medically related.

Buffy shrugged under Spike’s gaze. “Seven months ago I was still at A.B.D.C. when Dawn called me and told me she was sick. Doctors said it was a brain tumor. Just a week ago she went to some place in San Francisco to this prestigious neurology doctor and have a lot of it removed. They’ll go back in two weeks to find out the results.” Spike noticed she looked pained while talking, her eyes averted to stare down at her hands that now rested in her lap.

Spike tilted his head to the side as he gazed at her. “You left your dance school without hesitation didn’t you?”

“No one even noticed I was gone until the next morning at rehearsal when I didn’t show up and half of my things were gone from my room.”

Spike was taken aback. She had said dancing was her passion, her life. But the minute someone she loved was in a bad situation she was willing to give it up. Most people, upon finding out bad news would wait a few days to sort out their lives for their departure, but not Buffy. The blonde mafia leader was beginning to see into the ballerina dancer even more and was still liking what he saw. She was very much different from most rich California blondes. Caring.

And from that second on, Spike started to slowly fall over the hill in love with Buffy Summers.

A/N: Hope you all liked it. I love reviews it makes me work faster even bad ones. It helps me even work better. Spuffy_Obsessed