Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you thank you thank you to Luxferi with helping me figure out what is exactly needed. Sorry for my lack of updates these past two weeks. Been busy, busy, busy.
Chapter 16: And the day goes on

Buffy stepped out of her room and into the hall. She looked down both ways of the hallway as she closed the door to see if anyone was around. Quickly she made her way down the right side of the hall, for the first time traveling towards that way. There were more closed doors and Buffy was guessing they were guest rooms. She reached the end of the hallway, which was a large open doorway and forked off in two directions in a circular direction. She walked out into the new hallway to lean against the black railing and overlook below. Four stories down was the ground floor of the library. In both directions were shelves of books on each level. Buffy was sure all the levels combined had more books than the Los Angeles Public Library.

Pushing off from the railing and turning left, Buffy surveyed the shelves of the fourth floor. Classics read out to her by Jane Austen, works of Shakespeare, Jack London, and Alexander Dumas. All were in old book bindings. Some were probably even first copy editions. It would make sense, what with Spike was from England and all. Buffy stopped fully when her favorite book caught her eye. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Very gently Buffy pulled the book in brown worn covering the shelf between two other books. She laid the book in her hand, and carefully opened the top covering of the novel. Wuthering Heights had been her favorite story since she was ten and her grandmother had bought it for her. While most shied away from the character Heathcliff, Buffy was entranced by how much love and rejection could drive a person to do things. On the first page, which was printed with the name of the book and the author, below was also a handwritten message.

To my dearest love,
My best wishes and care. May our story never be so tragic. XOXO.


Buffy ran her fingers over the beautiful cursive of the note. She was intrigued to know whom this book was for and who had written it. That was why Buffy loved old books; there were so many stories inside a story.

After putting the book back in its rightful place, Buffy decided to wait till later to read her favorite classic. She stepped back and walked over to the stairs that would bring her down to the third level of shelves.

She surveyed the rest of the shelves making sure to look at nothing on the second shelf. Picking up a more modern novel on the first floor, one that she had never read before, Buffy walked over to the circle of chairs, plopped down in it and got comfortable before cracking open the hardcover book.

The dancer had spent half an hour in her room after the brunch with Spike before he was again called to handle business leaving Buffy to walk back to her bedroom. But, not before Spike had informed her that he was taking her and the rest of the gang out for a fun night. While leaving her to her room, Spike had left with a chaste kiss to her forehead and told her to dress sexily.

She could do pretty, girly, and formal but could she pull off sexy? What were Spike’s standards? Buffy had no clue but she knew she should ask someone. However Buffy was too damn shy to muster enough guts to ask that kind of question with someone in this household.

She was still new, still unsure of what to do in situations like tonight because she’d never been in that kind of scene before. She was raised as a lady, not as a mistress. Buffy didn’t know if she could do this, to find that courage in her to dress provocatively and please Spike – not because it was her duty to do so but because she was really starting to like him. Her father shielded her from these things, under a protective umbrella and as a result, she was afraid she wasn’t street smart enough. Would she embarrass herself with her lack of knowledge? Would she be boring? Would she be sexy enough? She was afraid she wasn’t enough, period. All those thoughts were swimming in her head and making her unsure.

And Spike. So contradictory. Like two sides of a coin. He made her pulse race and there was chemistry between them, she could feel them but most of the time he was a pain in her butt. He could make her boil, yet undo her with just a look. He was hot, no doubt about it, and that hotness just makes her knees quiver and not know what to do. She certainly didn’t want to embarrass herself in front of him.

But Buffy saw no point in worrying over it now. It was only 11 and she still had quite a while before she should start getting ready. However what also worried Buffy was how Spike would go about treating her in public. Would he treat her with a distant interest, mark her as his, or keep his attention on her at all times? There were most cases between lovers (even if they hadn’t reached that level yet) where men treated their mistresses in all three different varieties. She wondered how she would be treated? In the light of things Buffy really hoped Spike wasn’t taking everyone out to work on business. Spike even said he could invite her friends. Buffy had that low sinking feeling that he might only be allowing it to keep her occupied.

Buffy stopped her worrisome thoughts. No use fretting over it or she knew she would be a nervous wreck the whole time while being out, worrying about what shady things Spike or his employees were up to rather than really enjoying herself.

“You’re too uptight Buffy Summers,” she said to herself.

Before she had come out to the library Buffy had made her round of calls to her friends inviting Willow who was to call Oz, and leaving a message with Fred, begging her to come. She needed her friends there just in case things she didn’t like occurred.

Finally she allowed herself to put her mind at ease and focused on her book. It was a story of a murder with a great male detective trying to find out who killed his beloved wife. The story was more enthralling than the book she had read the day before. Buffy loved reading, before rehearsals she’d been known to be in her rehearsal outfit, shoes already on with her nose in a book. While at the academy she wasn’t one for partying in the Big Apple at night when she didn’t have a performance, Buffy would stay in her dorm room and read. She had devoured countless numbers of books, a couple over and over again, most of them she still remembered the story line. The blonde could read multiple books at the same time and still remember the detail of each one without any confusion.

For almost two hours Buffy stayed like that. Curled up on the little sofa chair as she read quickly, turning the pages without slowing down her pace.

She didn’t hear the door open, or someone walking in. For the past few hours she had quickly tuned out the construction in the room down the hall. Spike had yet to tell her what was being built but Buffy knew that it was probably wise to not pry. It could be related to business.

“Ms. Summers?”

Buffy turned around in her chair suddenly with a surprised look on her face. She saw one of the maids standing by the doorway of the first floor entrance. The girl didn’t stare Buffy directly in the eyes but when Buffy spoke she looked at the maid’s big brown eyes, something she had found always worked with people who were shy.

“Yes?” Buffy asked as placed her finger between her pages, marking her place.

“Mr. Giles is saying that he would like to see you in his office.”

Buffy stood up. “Oh okay.”

The girl looked at Buffy for the first time straight into her eyes but quickly averted them. “Do you need me to show you where, Ms. Summers?”

Shaking her head Buffy went back to the bookshelf. “I think I remember which room it is. It’s the one on the third floor right?”

The servant nodded her head and quietly excused herself as Buffy put her book away hoping she would be able to go back to read the rest of it soon.

Quickly, Buffy walked out of the library and towards the stairs, not stopping until she reached the third floor. Turning to the right Buffy tried to recall from memory exactly which door was Spike’s office. Since he had told her that some of his employee’s rooms were located on this floor she didn’t want to go to the wrong door. Suddenly up ahead a door on the right opened and Faith walked out.

“Hey B!” Faith greeted with a smirk. She had her hair up in a ponytail and wore a white camisole with black track pants and running shoes. Very casual from what Buffy had seen her in before.

“Hi Faith.”

“Do you need something?”

Buffy looked up and down the hall. “Actually Spike needed to see me in his office but this place has too many doors that I…can’t remember which one was his study.” Without a word Faith gestured for Buffy to follow her in the direction that Buffy had just come from making Buffy want to smack her head. She figured out she should have gone to the left when reaching the landing rather than the right. “Thanks.” Buffy said.

“No problem, tell Spike that if he needs me to get some things done I’ll be in the workout room exercising before we all go out tonight.”

That reminded Buffy of her worry about how to dress tonight. “Yeah, about that…I…I kind of don’t know what to wear, or at least what Spike wants me to wear and….”

“And, you were wondering if I could help you eh, B?” Faith asked with a laugh. Buffy blushed, nodding her head. “Yeah no problem. We’re not leaving till eight so I’ll come around your room around six thirty.”

Buffy said her thanks of appreciation, saying farewell to the brunette before she knocked on the door that Faith had pointed out to her. There was a gruff voice bidding her to come in and at first she hesitated about entering at all by the sound of his tone. Deciding that she was acting like a scared idiot, Buffy turned the knob and entered the office.

The lighting was a lot darker than she had expected for an office. The only source of light coming from the low afternoon sun that filtered in through the French doors was behind his desk. The walls were wood paneled with art hanging in some places, the rest being bookshelves with unidentifiable books and binders. There was a couch across the room, which had his suit jacket and holster on it, the coffee table covered in documents on the top surface. The desk stood in the middle of the room but closer to the back where the balcony was. A large desk made of mahogany wood with an overstuffed chair, which Spike sat in. A computer rested to the left.

Spike sat in the chair a folder full of documents in his lap as he read on. He didn’t look up when she entered. Buffy simply stared at him watching the little movements he made as he read over his work. She noticed how he leaned on his right with his arm holding up his head. A red pen hung limply from his fingers on his left hand, which clued Buffy in that he was left handed. The way his brows were knitted close together as he tried to concentrate left Buffy to think it was rather adorable. She quickly dismissed that thought.

After a while when Buffy didn’t say anything, still without looking up Spike let out an annoyed sigh. “Well don’t just stand there you wanker, speak or get out.” His voice boomed loud enough and surprised her to make her jump back and let out a small “eep!”

Buffy opened her mouth before turning around. “Sorry.”

Spike looked up, surprised to see Buffy. “Wait pet.” Buffy stopped and turned around slowly. He tossed the pen and documents on the desk and stood up. “Didn’t know it was you. Thought it was Gunn.”

She just nodded her head. “You told one of the maids you wanted to see me?”

“Yeah that was about twenty minutes ago. What took so long?”

“I was in the library. I think the girl had to go on a search for me. Then I got lost.” Again her cheeks turned a tinge of red of embarrassment.

Spike tried to hide the chuckle at the image that popped into his head of her walking around the halls, lost.

“So…what is it you wanted to see me for?” Buffy asked rocking back and forth on the heels of her feet.

Spike walked around the desk still wearing the casual clothes from brunch earlier that day. “I remembered, love, that we had yet to get the necessities for that yapper.” At Buffy’s raised eyebrow Spike elaborated. “The dog. You know food, toys, everything else the little guy needs.”
“What did you feed him yesterday?” Buffy questioned, settling casually on the couch.

“I had Tara just give the little guy something from the kitchen.” Buffy simply rolled her eyes. “So, since I’m about bloody damn near shooting myself I figured we could go do it together. Take….little Spike to that store, Pet’s Mart, get him to find a toy.” Spike stared at Buffy confused as she tried to obviously hide her giggles.

“That would be okay.”

“Okay. Go get him while I finish up this stuff.”

Buffy just nodded and walked out right as Spike picked up the phone.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


As Buffy made her way out of the elevator with little Spike in her arms she found big Spike coming out of the hall from the library with his black duster on. The sight of him in the duster made her remember the night at Chaos.

The night on the balcony. How he had wrapped the front of his duster around her body to shield others from the ministrations of his hands. The feeling of how he used his fingers to bring her towards her first orgasm still burned into her skin sometimes. Since that night it wasn’t like Buffy could deny she didn’t think about it. Recall the way his hands felt as they moved to seek out her desire. The feeling she got when he spoke quietly to her, urging her to her peak. If she denied it, that would make her a big fat fibber.

As Spike came to stand before her Buffy tried to hide her blush from him but it didn’t go unnoticed.

“What is it pet?” He asked, his eyebrow shooting up at the sight of her cheeks turning pink again. Buffy just shook her head. “Sure.” Spike stated doubtfully, but he just shrugged. “Ready to go?”

“Yep.” She allowed Spike to put his arm around her waist and have him lead her out the front where a silver 2000 not yet released on the market Porsche rested in the large circle driveway. Opening the door for her, Spike settled her into the passenger seat before moving around the car to get in the driver’s seat.

He gunned the engine, roaring it to life before it settled into a soft purring sound.

As Spike drove he tried to concentrate on the road and not stare due to the way Buffy sat. Her very simple sundress rode up just a little higher on her thigh, revealing her gentle smooth tanned leg even more. His eyes traveled upwards taking in the features on her face. Buffy was a natural beauty. Her skin glowed, a cute pink blush on her face and her hair was gloriously soft and smelled so good, like vanilla. She was whole and raw, something Spike was turned on more than silicone large breasts and other weird procedures that most women today would have done.

“Spike, I suggest you stop looking at me and pay more attention to the road,” Buffy told him. She had been watching him out of the corner of her eye. He did drive with ease but with his speed and the constant looks he tried to sneak in, it worried Buffy that they would end up driving straight into a pole.

“Don’t worry kitten, I have precious cargo with me right now.” It left Buffy to blush even more.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


“Hey B, are you going to come out or are you just going to wait for Spike to drag you out later?” Faith said with a wicked smile on her lips. The brunette stood in Buffy’s bedroom leaning provocatively over Buffy’s vanity desk using the mirror to help her touch up the dark red lipstick she had just applied. Buffy had locked herself in the bathroom for nearly thirty minutes since the water of her shower had gone off. All Faith had said after she stepped out of the shower was to straighten her hair, not allowing Buffy to see the outfits Faith had picked out for her to select at all.

“Alright, I’m coming out soon,” came her cross reply. Faith chuckled.

Faith could tell the little blonde mistress to her boss was nervous. Not only did she know Buffy probably wanted to make a good impression for Spike to keep him happy, but also because Buffy probably had no clue what she was going to be put through. Hell no one knew. This was the first time that Spike actually took ‘his girl’ out to anything. The first time since ‘her’. Yeah he had once in a while taken out his regular whore Eve out but it was a distant relationship.

Buffy didn’t say anything after that but the door suddenly opened and revealed Buffy with a straighter hairstyle and foundation on. She was told to leave the rest of the make-up up to Faith. All the blonde wore was her pink silk robe. She stepped out and looked straight at the bed where her little black puppy rested. Buffy smiled as she had remembered the afternoon she had spent with Spike. It was very different from their times together. Different enough to put a smile on her lips.

They had driven to Pet’s Mart and at first little Spike had gone nuts…

****Earlier that Day****
“Spike you have to go get him!” Buffy practically yelled trying not to draw attention to herself even though just seconds before most of the people that were at the front of the store were staring at them. Upon walking into the store little Spike had taken one look at the store seeing it as his mall of heaven, begun yapping and turning around crazily in Buffy’s arms. The black lab had managed to pull away from Buffy’s arms and scampered off, lost among the rows of aisles.

Spike looked down at Buffy with a glare but she held firm. Her dog could easily get crushed by store products if it managed to pull something heavy down from one of the shelves. After tugging at Spike’s arm and using the pouty lip, Buffy had won and Spike went off in search of the little runt. It took him ten minutes by following the sounds of other customers’ yelps and the crashing of items before Spike found the black lab that was named after him. Spike came upon Aisle 14, finding a store employee holding little Spike under his arm with a not so happy expression on his face. The bleached blonde had peered around the employee’s shoulder to see a probably once pyramid but now a pile of canned cat food.

On the way back to Buffy, Spike had practically scolded little Spike who was still wiggling around to be let free. After finding Buffy trying to pull a large bag of food into the cart they had made their way without any problems until they reached the toy aisle.



Little Spike now lay on one of Buffy’s pillows trying to undo the unbreakable knot in a piece of a rope one of the many toys they had gotten for the puppy.

Buffy turned to see the two outfits Faith had laid out for her. A red satin, tight, and fitting dress. Upon seeing it, Buffy remembered why she never recalled wearing it. The dress was way too short. At least to her standards. It came to just mid upper thigh and showed off more cleavage than she was comfortable with.

The second outfit she was sure Faith had pulled out of her own closet. The dress appeared to be much shorter but with slits at the sides in a triangular shape and the fabric color was black. That overstepped the boundaries of what Buffy was not comfortable with wearing.

“Pick one.” She heard Faith tell her. Choosing the red dress she quickly went back into the bathroom to get dressed. Five minutes later she came back, Faith sitting her down and began to do the rest of her make-up.

“Faith?” Buffy asked as she sat at the vanity desk with her eyes closed while Faith swept the eye shadow brush over her eyes coloring her eyelids a soft red color.

“Yeah?”

“What kind of club is this?” Buffy was worried it was a strip club at first but threw that idea out.

“Well…”

“Does Spike own it? Like Chaos?” Buffy opened her eyes to find Faith shaking her head.

“Nope it’s a neutral club.”

Buffy looked at Faith confused as the brunette picked up the grey eye shadow and began to blend the two. “A what?”

“A neutral. None of the families own it. And there are rules to follow when you go there.”

“What do you mean rules?”

“Well, since all of the gangs go there the owner made rules. No fighting. No dealing unless it’s very hush hush.”

Buffy opened her eyes and looked up when Faith told her to. Slowly she began to apply eyeliner to her bottom lids. “Why?”

“How do you not know any of this?” Faith asked.

“Remember? My dad kept us out of the loop of how things worked with his business.”

“Even people who aren’t in the business know this.” Buffy just shrugged knowing Faith would go on. “Well as I hear it in the early eighties, your family had just taken up as the top gang. There were the Finn’s, some now dead family gang, then Giles led by Ethan, and then O’Connor had just come in and led by Angelus’ daddy known as the Master.” Buffy listened quietly, surprisingly finding herself wanting to know more about the history of her family and the family she was living with currently. “Before the gangs were constantly going at it, fighting whenever there was an opportunity at this place. It was prime real estate with where it’s located. It still gets great business. It really is the only big place not owned by a family and because it brought in so much money they all wanted to control it. Fights would occur and the place was threatened to be shut down so the owner made rules. They can come in but only if they respected each other while they were in there. At first it was hard but I guess your old man made sure it occurred and everyone always listens to the top family.” Buffy nodded slowly, understanding. Faith blended her eye make-up as she continued talking. “Well it worked. It’s not like there are never any fights but it’s very rare. The reason I think it works so god damn well is the club splits up its large portion of its dough and gives it among the gangs for protection.” Just as she finished explaining Faith had finished applying lip-gloss to Buffy’s lips. She turned Buffy around to admire her work.

Buffy looked at herself in shock, her make-up had never been done this way. Faith had made her eyes have a smoky but still light affect it to it and the seductive lip-gloss she used made Buffy’s lips glimmer. Buffy was surprised that she still had that innocent look to her, something Buffy was worried that it would be taken away if Faith had done her make-up. It wasn’t dark and heavy. All around she looked sexy, although she still had butterflies in her stomach.

There was a knock at her door as Buffy got up to get her shoes and Faith answered it happily to find the whole crew except Spike standing at Buffy’s doorway.

“Where is she?” Anya asked loudly.

“In the closet. Are you all ready?” Everyone nodded. “Hey, are you packing guns?” Faith asked, patting the left side of her upper body. Gunn nodded and pointed to Xander as well.

“You should probably stay armed as well. We have no fucking clue if the others are going to be there.” Gunn said casually, leaning against the door jamb and referring to the other two gangs.

Buffy walked out wearing the same color shoes as her dress in strappy heels that made her almost two inches taller. The straps of the heels wrapped around up her legs in a criss-cross manner just below her knees. As she walked out of the closet she fidgeted with the black coat she had draping over her arm. To her happiness she didn’t find Spike with the group that stood next to her room. Buffy was finding herself way too nervous and not wanting to face Spike.

What if he took her way of dressing tonight as a mixed signal that she wanted him in a sexual way? In no way was Buffy ready for that right now. Would she ever be?

“Wow Buffy you look hot!” Anya gasped. Everyone’s eyes were drawn to the girl who usually wore classic beautiful clothes but was now dressed in something a little more darker, a little more sexier. Xander’s mouth dropped open as he held Anya around the waist. Seeing her husband’s baffled expression, she elbowed him in the stomach and gave him a hard glare.

Buffy blushed from being under the scrutiny of her future lover’s employees. They didn’t act like employees though, they acted like friends, like a family which sometimes made Buffy forgets about the situation she was put in.

“Thank you.”

“What the bloody hell is going on out here?” Buffy began to fidget even more when she recognized Spike’s voice. The group parted to either side like the red sea to reveal Spike standing there in clothes that made Buffy’s eyes widen in appreciation. Black button down silk shirt, black pants, and his black leather duster. She watched as his eyes were drawn to her and they scanned her body up and down. She breathed in as his eyes widened.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Spike didn’t know what he was staring at. Buffy or some new woman. She had the features of Buffy but many of the things she wore made him wonder if this was her naughty twin. He noticed her head bent down in a blush. Shy at being scrutinized like he was doing to her. Spike couldn’t help but be turned on more.

Without preamble his employees seemed to get the right idea to go down to the first floor, leaving Spike and Buffy alone. Spike took it upon himself to walk into her room, where she just stood still.

“Pet…you look…beautiful.”
Hop you liked. Things will definately start to get more exciting next two chapters
Spuffy_obsessed