Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back. Things have been weird, I've been both sick and busy after I've been sick, but I am back. It might be another week before I update because my beta is going on a holiday but just think, I'll have more than one chapter for an update then. Thank you for all the reviews both on her and e-mail, you guys are great. Also thanks to my beta, she's great.
Chapter 20: No Worries

Buffy awoke to the loud blaring of her alarm. She reached out, her hand searching like routine for the alarm that was trying to wake her. Arms of the person who shared her bed wrapped tighter around her, subconsciously trying to tell her to turn the blasted thing off. Stupid piece of crap! Buffy thought as she finally slammed her hand on the snooze button.

The room finally filled with silence, allowing Buffy to calmly adjust to awakening. Her hands rubbed at her sleepy eyes but froze when she heard the soft, constant breathing from behind her. Spike. She turned her head around slowly, suddenly remembering again that he had slept with her tonight.

Her sleep had been peaceful for the first real time. Her body had been kept warm and protected through out the whole night and she didn’t think that Spike had taken his arms away from her once the whole time. She couldn’t stop herself from cuddling deeper into his chest, enjoying the peaceful warmness.

The past night Buffy was sure would be a night she would never forget. Both in bad and very good terms. She still felt the little guilt within her for being the cause of a shoot out between Spike and Angelus’ family. Even if Angelus O’Connor was a creep and deserved it.

Though what played in her mind the most were their moments on the dance floor. It hadn’t been as intense as the time at Chaos but it had still left Buffy with that deep sense of desire. The ways his hands had moved up and down her body as he grinded hard with her, perfectly to the beat of the music pulsing around them. Buffy reveled in the memory of it, still blushing.

She had never been so intimately free with someone and it had been without Spike’s encouragement practically. If Spike thought she was affecting him, he had no idea how he was affecting her. In the time that she had spent with Spike in the past few days he was already changing her world. It slightly irritated her but she tried to dismiss it from her mind because she knew the fact that Spike was beginning to look like he was taking control of her would begin to really disturb her.

Buffy turned around fully to look at him, giggling at the sight of his face while he slept. His hair was more tussled from the night of sleep, causing his blonde locks to turn into unruly curls, showing off his dark roots. His expression was soft, an opposite from the usual, hard edged demeanor she saw on him. The only thing that belied his other nature was the scar on his eyebrow.

Buffy couldn’t stop herself from reaching up, her fingers daftly running against his eyebrow before tracing down his cheek. His eyes opened suddenly and Buffy blushed, regretting that she had awoken him. He looked tired, deprived of sleep and simply looked shitty. He had the word “fatigue” written all over his face, and it wasn’t sleep induced either. Buffy wondered how many hours of sleep he actually got. She suspected he got less and less hours of sleep due to his work.

They didn’t say anything, all he did was smile at her and pull her closer if that was even possible.

“I have morning rehearsal,” Buffy whispered, breaking the silence. Spike groaned and rolled to lie on his back. She didn’t move and instead just stared at him as he looked at the ceiling of her room. It was obvious he was thinking, the thoughts clearly reflecting on his face. Is this what he does in the morning? Does he think while he lies in bed?

She watched him as he reached for a pack of cigarettes on the nightstand at the side of his bed. Buffy watched him, confused and wondering when he had brought those in. Lighting one, he took in a mass of smoke and blew it out before looking at Buffy. His free hand reached out to stroke her cheek. There was an unrecognizable look that Buffy had caught in his eyes but before she could really read into it, it was gone.

“Make sure you have Xander go with you.” Buffy just nodded and sat up pushing back the blankets. “Where do you think you’re going pet?” Spike asked gently pulling her back by her wrist. “The sun’s not even up.”

“I have to go get Dawn, she’s part of the performance,” Buffy said. Spike recognized the tiredness in her voice.

“Why don’t you spend the day with the little bit today,” Spike suggested.

“The little what?” Buffy asked, furrowing her brows in confusion.

“Dawn. She’s little.” Spike rolled his eyes. “Bloody Americans.”

“Well buddy you’re right here, so start using the right English that fits the area,” Buffy said, swatting his shoulder. “And besides my little sister is taller than me.” She stood up and headed towards her bathroom, picking up her robe on the way.

Nothing else was said and Buffy closed the door before starting the water for her shower. Spike continued to lie back on the bed, staring at the ceiling while idly smoking the Marlboro. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw the closed door of her bathroom. He could hear the water splashing, probably beating on her body to fall on the tub. He closed his eyes trying not to imagine her standing under the spray of the water. Lifting the hand that held his cigarette he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to will the beautiful sight he was creating in his imagination away.

However his little shower scene was certainly much better than the repeating images from his nightmare that he had the night before. He could still see that burning image of the scared look in Buffy’s deep green eyes. It tore at his stomach so Spike placed the cigarette back in his mouth and inhaled deeply. What was more confusing than ever was why his sister had made an appearance in his dream. Not only that, but what she had meant? …only your love will save her.

He didn’t love Buffy. At least he hadn’t reached that point yet. The girl would surely have him wrapped around her finger that much in the coming future. Was that why Wesley had warned him to be so cautious? If so my bloody family is too damn perceptive Spike thought to himself. He turned on the T.V. watching the news, anything to keep his mind of the girl that had just been lying next to him, and now in the shower, or the nightmare he had actually had the night before.

Spike stubbed out his cigarette and pulled up out of the bed to sit on the edge, grabbing the phone and dialing down to the kitchen.

“Yes Miss Summers?” Tara greeted at the other end.

“Tara.”

“Oh! Mister Giles. Would you like us to bring you and Miss Summers something for breakfast?”

“Yeah make it quick though she has rehearsal and bring up the paper for me as well.”

“Yes Mister Giles.”

Spike ended the call and dialed Xander’s bedroom line, waiting four full rings until his employee finally picked up the phone.

“Hello?” A very croaky and tired voice answered.

“Harris. Wake up!”

He could tell Xander had jolted awake. “I’m up boss. I’m up. “

“Buffy’s got morning rehearsal so get ready.”

“On it,” the man said without argument and hung up the phone.

A few minutes later the shower was turned off and soon Buffy walked out of the bathroom in her pink robe, rubbing her hair as she went. Spike tried not to look at her, but he simply could not help himself. She smiled with a blush before walking next to him and picking up the phone. He watched as she stood close, the perfume of her body wash emanating from her and leaving Spike intoxicated.

“I’m calling Dawn to make sure she’s awake,” Buffy said, answering the confused look he silently gave her. Buffy went silent and waited till her sister picked up the cell phone. “Ok good Dawnie you’re up. Yes, I am going to today’s rehearsal….no I know Lorne gave me the weekend off but I figured I might as well help you with the rotations.”

Spike stood up and placed his hands on her hips. He smiled wide both inside and out at how she didn’t push him away.

“Dad’s already up? What do you mean, how did you find out about the shooting?” Spike perked up at Buffy’s words, giving her another questioning look. “Well I’ll see if I can talk with him after we drop you back off. Okay…love you too see you soon.”

Buffy hung up the phone and looked up at Spike with a heavy sigh. “My father found about what happened last night.”

“Well I’m sure some of your family members were there,” Spike said as he nuzzled her neck with his nose.

“I wouldn’t be surprised.”

Slowly she placed herself to sit down next to him on the bed. Looking down at her hands Spike knew she was hesitating on saying something so he waited until she finally looked up at him. “You know my father was never the type to go out to places like that…right?”

Spike heaved a sigh unsure of what to tell her. She wants to know if her father went to places like that and picked up women to sleep with.

Buffy knew her father loved her mother. But at times she also wondered, as she got older if he ever shared a bed with another woman. Constantly with business dealings Hank would be tempted by younger versions, at the fact that Joyce was getting older. She looked at Spike beseechingly, the look in her eyes begging him to tell her what she really wanted to hear. Even if it wasn’t the truth. Just lie to me Spike. Buffy thought, regretting she had asked the question. The young woman would rather have a lie than know one more ugly truth about what kind of man her father was.

“No pet. In the old days I know he made appearances but that’s all they were…appearances,” Spike said to Buffy. “It’s the honest truth.”

Buffy gave him a grateful smile before leaning against him to give him a gentle hug. “Thank you.” Standing up from the bed she walked to her closet where little Spike followed her. Spike continued to watch the television as Buffy walked in and out of the bedroom, the bathroom, and closet. Finally half an hour later she put her dance bag on the floor of the bed, and reached up to adjust her pin in her hair. Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

“Oh I had Tara bring up some breakfast for you,” Spike said as he stood up and walked over to answer the door for her.

“Newspaper for you sir, and great delicioso breakfast for you and Madame. Perfecto!” Spike stood in the doorway as he stared at his mission man Xander Harris behind a meal cart with Spike’s newspaper under his arm. The kooky brunette kissed the tips of his fingers acting as if he were a great Italian cuisine chef. Spike just raised an eyebrow and mock glared at him before rolling his eyes. Behind him he heard Buffy giggle.

“I knew my staff was absolutely bloody up the wall,” Spike muttered just as Xander rolled in the cart, settling it at the edge of the bed.

“Thank you Xander. Would you like to join us? It certainly looks like way too much for both me and Spike,” offered Buffy.

Xander shook his head. “No thanks Miss Summers, I already grabbed something on the way to your room. I know the car needs some gas so I’m going to go run to the gas station real quick.”

“Okay. Xander you can call me Buffy. You make me feel like I’m in dance class.” Buffy made a face which caused both men to laugh.

“Well I’m off. Oh boss! Wes is already up and he said there’s something that’s really important.”

“Yeah, yeah tell him I’ll be there.”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Buffy walked up the pathway of Summers’ mansion slowly. Shivers ran up her spine as she neared the large house, hoping she wouldn’t see her father so soon already. After rehearsal she could handle because by then her blood was pumping from the excitement of dancing and from there she felt like she could take on anything. Almost anything.

Xander waited in the car, watching as she walked up to the door. But before Buffy could even reach for the door handle, it flew open and Dawn came bolting out, shutting it closed again behind her. Buffy’s younger sister, who was in fact taller than her, stood before her on the porch steps of the mansion, with her dance bag hanging at her side.

Buffy raised her eyebrow at Dawn’s quick haste to get out of the house.

Dawn caught Buffy’s look. “What?”

“I should be asking you that. I’m not the one who came bolting out of the house. The devil at your heels or something.”

“No, I kind of yelled at dad and I knew if you walked in you would have to face him about last night and…hey! Let’s just say I was saving your ass at the time.”

“Dawnie!” Buffy admonished, giving Dawn the older sister stern look.

“I don’t think I deserve a scolding. Remember saving you from dad this time,” Dawn said as she and Buffy both headed back down the long path.

“So…dad mad or something?”

“Well seeing as we don’t know what exactly happened I think he’s just mad at Spike. You know the whole ‘suppose to not let you get in danger thing’.”

“Well it kind of was my fault,” Buffy said right as they got to the black car. Dawn gave Buffy a look before she hopped into the back seat. Buffy got in the front seat taking a place next to Xander.

“Who’s he?” Dawn interrogated, pointing at Xander who was currently staring back at Dawn through the rear view mirror.

Buffy made introductions. “Dawn this is Xander. Xander this is my little sister Dawn.”

“I work for Spike.” Xander filled in. Dawn nodded, her face softening.

“So Buffy, what do you mean you started it?” Dawn pestered, picking up their conversation before getting into the car.

“Nothing Dawn.”

“No! Tell me,” Dawn said. “What do you mean you started the shoot out?”

Xander looked over at Buffy. “Buffy you know that it wasn’t your fault. O’Connor’s a bastard-sorry!” He glanced at the rear view mirror to look at Dawn, realizing his language. Dawn just rolled her eyes and waved her hand in the air throwing it off.

Dawn leaned over as much as possible with her seat belt restraining her. “Wait! O’Connor? As in Angelus O’Connor? Buffy what did he do?”

“He came onto her. Even after Spike warned him and told him she belonged to the Giles family now. Smack dab in front of the boss too. Granted a couple yards away. Practically cornered your poor sister,” Xander explained, looking back and forth from the road to the rear view mirror.

“And Spike came to your rescue. Aww that’s so cute!” Dawn gushed.

Xander gave a snort. “Just don’t let Spike hear you say that.” Buffy groaned and placed her head in her hands.

“So wait…does that mean, Angelus knows Buffy was used as a trade?”

Buffy continued to sit in the passenger seat with her sunglasses as a way of shielding her as she stared out the window. ….does that mean, Angelus knows Buffy was used as a trade? Her stomach lurched. Even though she was growing accustomed to the idea, it still left her uneasy to be thought as an item between her father and his new alliance family.

Buffy Summers had a feeling she would never get used to it.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


“What the fuck do you mean there was no delivery?!?!” Spike bellowed into the room. He could hear the frightened, labored breathing of one of his employees on the other side of the line. “Huh?”

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce sat on his cousin’s couch going over the paperwork that gave the details of the biggest problem at the moment. There was a very important smuggled shipment coming in to one of the Giles’ family’s warehouses but in order to get the money moved from the shipment over to a set up account, the shipment would need to arrive. Now the shipment was over two days late and still had yet to arrive and the guys set up at the warehouse were now just telling Spike.

“I don’t care if you don’t know. Find the fuck out! What else am I paying you for, you lousy, lazy wankers! And when you know when they bloody arrive, call me.” Spike slammed the phone down into its cradle roughly. Wesley adjusted his glasses coolly, as he had grown accustomed to his temperamental cousin’s anger enough to not jump whenever Spike slammed something. Whether it was a door or a phone or a head of an un-paying businessman into the side of a car door.

“Spike…I wonder-“

“You know Wesley you wonder a lot.” Spike observed as he stared down at documents. He picked up the phone again and began to dial.

“Well this warehouse is just a few blocks away from the Finn’s main warehouse.”

“And?” Spike gave Wesley a bored look while he waited for someone to pick up.

“Well, what if they heard about our shipment.”

“Very unlikely, Wes. Do me a favor, and go to Andrew. We have a tracker in this specific truck and we have to find out why the bloody fuck this truck has yet to show up.”

Wesley did as he was told, exiting his boss’s office making his way down the hall to Andrew’s little haven. From inside he could hear the sounds of what seemed to be video games and without knocking Wesley barged into the room. Placed throughout the whole room were computers, devices, and weapons hanging from the wall or resting on shelves. Wires went around the whole room connecting the computers to a high tech security system that overlooked the whole estate. Andrew sat at the main module, his back to the large computer set up facing a TV where he had set up his precious X-BOX 360 and was playing one of his blasted zombie games.

“ANDREW!”

“Yeah! Hold on.”

“I wouldn’t say that at the moment to Spike who’s in a really foul mood,” Wesley said in his proper English accent. Andrew pressed pause and turned to look at Wesley, clearly annoyed at being disturbed. Wesley continued, “Spike wants you to find a truck that has a shipment, it has yet to show up.”

“On it. Hey if you see Faith tell her that I burned her a copy of Zombies Rise 4 and that if she wants it she owes me twenty bucks.”

Without saying anything else, Wesley left the room and headed back to Spike’s office. Again Spike was yelling at another poor bloke on the phone. By the end of the phone call Spike was threatening the person about cutting ‘their bloody balls off’ if they didn’t make their payment on time.

At the second time he slammed the phone down Wesley looked at Spike.

“What?” snapped Spike.

“It’s almost eight. Buffy will be home and unless you want to snap at her I suggest you simmer down.”

Spike just glared at his cousin. “She’s spending the day with her sister.”

“Oh?”

“Yes oh, you ponce,” Spike growled. The bleached blonde sat down behind his desk and picked up his pen.

Wesley sat up straighter, taking in with amusement at how Spike was obviously becoming stressed at how Buffy probably wouldn’t be home. “Why?”

“Because if I must remind you, Faith is bringing over three new girls that are going to start at Kendra’s and Kendra wants the approval.”

“And let me guess, Buffy wouldn’t be too pleased with that.”

Spike could only just give him a look that stated, ‘duh’.

*~~~*~~~*~~~~*


Things couldn’t be any more quiet in the house. It seemed Buffy could not recall when the whole household had been this quiet, excluding the day she had transferred to the Giles estate. Her father paced in front of her as she sat in her study, quietly waiting for him to say something. Dawn was entertaining Xander and Buffy couldn’t help but wonder if her little sister had a crush on Spike’s employee. It will be hard to explain the fact that Xander is married. Buffy thought, knowing her sister probably didn’t catch the wedding band on Xander’s finger.

She had gone to practice, helped Dawn with some of the moves that she needed to accomplish, and now they had arrived back at the Summers mansion for both girls to change. Buffy decided to use some of the clothes she had left behind.

Upon arrival, Jeffrey had said her father already knew she was home and wanted to speak with her. Buffy made the walk to her father’s office wondering what could possibly happen.

Ira Rosenburg, Willow’s father, her father’s right hand man sat on the couch that was next to the chair she occupied. He stared at Hank Summers, waiting as well for the leader to speak.

Since coming into the office Hank had simply told her to sit down before going into to his pacing mood. It made Buffy feel agitated, on top of her already adrenaline rushed system. If he didn’t get right down to what he wanted to see her about Buffy would just simply leave.

“I do hope he’s treating you well Elizabeth.” Hank Summers finally said as he stopped right in front of Buffy. She rolled her eyes at how he still continued to use her actual given name.

“Yes he is,” Buffy said.

“Then what’s this with bringing you around the shooting.”

“Dad, how was he supposed to know that there would be a shooting at a neutral club?” Buffy stated, using the gang lingo. Hank nodded his head obviously seeing reason in her statement. “Besides it was my fault. I went to go get something to drink and well, Angelus O’Connor tried to come onto me.”

“Oh I was afraid of this,” Hank said, paling visibly.

“Dad, it’s okay,” Buffy reasoned. She had yet to notice that she was arguing with her dad, and defending Spike. She’d made it sound like as if Spike was a good guy in all this.

“Angelus O’Connor is not a normal man, Elizabeth. He has sick and twisted ideas of what pleasures should consist of.”

“I know! Look, Spike’s making sure I’m going to stay safe. That’s why that guy was with Dawn and me? Xander works for Spike. And, Spike put him as a sort of bodyguard for me. Now, excuse me but I want to go shopping with my little sister.”

Hank called, just as Buffy left the office. “Make sure to stop by and say hello to your mother.”


A/N: So Spike let Buffy hang out with her sister for a different reason. Hope you liked the chapter. Review please
Spuffy_Obsessed