Author's Chapter Notes:
You thought I wasn't coming back, didn't you? Nonsense! If I've been going at this fic for how many years (?) then of course I'll finish it. And it's because of how long I've been writing this that I am hell bent on finishing this. I want this done by December at the absolute latest because I have so many ideas that I won't start until at least one of my fics are finished. But it's hard. However today I sat down and hammered out this chapter all day with minimal distractions. What I need is a beta. When I first started this fic I had a beta bugging me (Happily accepting on my part lol) for a new chapter so I could stay on schedule. So I'm out there seeking. I need a Beta who has experience, knows my story, and my writing style and can help me with grammar, sentences, dialogue, and most of all in-between scenes. I need someone reliable who will be as committed as I am and keep me on track. I e-mail all day and all night so availability is crucial because I'm always thinking of new ideas. But this isn't limited to just Mafia Mistress but all my fictions as well. If you're interested, please e-mail me so I can get working on chapter 31.
Chapter 30: Her World

“You went to Passion Érotique and you didn’t even invite me?!?”

Buffy stood in a complete stupor as she looked at Lorne. Her dance partner regarded her with a look that held hurt, but she was still trying to overcome the shock that he had actually heard of the club that they had attended five days before.

“Wow can you say it any louder? I don’t believe they heard you backstage.” Buffy said. Her cheeks flamed a deep shade of red.

“Actually we did hear it Buffy,” One of the members of the theater shouted from backstage causing Buffy to want simply crawl into a hole. She heard her little sister giggle and Buffy turned her stare towards the left wing of the stage where she saw Dawn, awaiting for the dress rehearsal they were conducting to begin. “Shush Dawn!”

When the rest of the dance cast began to laugh Buffy dropped her head in her hands completely mortified. “That’s it!” Buffy exclaimed throwing her hands in the air and beginning to exit the stairs that were upstage and lead to the audience’s seating. “I will not go back onto that stage until you all stop laughing at me, so until then why don’t we run it from the next movement.”

The blonde dancer sat on the edge of the table they had set up in front of the stage for now until the opening act that would take place tonight. Buffy stuck her tongue out at Lorne when he winked at her happily.

She tried to keep her embarrassment down with almost the whole theater finding out that she and Spike had attended a sex club. It was bad enough that word had gotten around about what her relationship had entailed with him. Three days ago after pulling an all nighter at the theater because they had been trying to work out the kinks then, rather than later, Spike had stopped by with Wesley and Gunn. He said he’d be waiting in the parking lot and would happily give her and Dawn a ride home. Word spread like wildfire that Buffy was engaged to Spike, and it wasn’t unknown to anyone about his illegal dealings. But no one said anything rude. They didn’t dare.

As co-director Buffy was a hard ass. She did not put up with fooling around when the first few rehearsals started. She and Lorne had been groomed by a professional company many of the instructors coming from the very strict world of European dance, and it was still engrained in their behavior even directing a production not attached to ABDC.

“Okay, people let’s go from the top!” Lorne announced clapping his hands together. Dancers moved off the side via the wing entrances. All that stood on the stage was the back up dancers and Lorne right in the center of the stage. He looked down in the ‘house’ area and beckoned for Buffy. “Come little one, time to run through this one last time before we call it a day. The quicker we get through this run through the more time you all have to relax, before tonight.” Buffy stubbornly shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. Lorne shot her a look that matched her stubbornness. “I apologize La Petite, now will you please get your cute little toosh up here so we can call it a morning?”

“That’s better.” Buffy said matter-of-factly. She hopped off the table and walked up the stairs, coming to stand before Lorne. She began to rotate her feet warming her ankles before pulling herself onto relevé to come out onto full Pointe.

“Okay everyone!” Lorne yelled loud enough for everyone, even those backstage, to hear. “Last run through, I want it full out and lets try not to have any pauses.”

Lorne cued the sound team and from there Buffy got lost in the music. She no longer worried about tonight, about the fact that for the first time in nearly a year since her last performance back with her life in New York she’d be in front of full house audience. They were sold out not only for opening night, but also for the next 2 weekends. The theater company was almost contemplating extending the performance until the end of the month.

Besides the fact that in less than twelve hours they would present the production in front of an audience but also Buffy and Dawn’s whole family would be attending. Not only her family but also Spike and the entire close crew. While changing one foot in front of the other to execute a pas de bourrée dessus Buffy’s eyes quickly traveled to one of the corner balcony’s stage right. Tonight she’d be sure to see the shadowy figure of Spike’s body as he overlooked her performance. Just the thought of it sent Buffy’s nerves in a high frantic movement and she certainly did not understand it, nor like it.

Things between the two blondes were at best tense. In no way bad, at least not as it had been before when Buffy had moved in. However, more in the sense of how Anya would describe ‘You can cut your sexual tension with you knife’. And boy was that true.

When one entered the same room the other was in, it was like all air was sucked out of the entire building. She wasn’t sure if it was the same for him, but images of every time they intimately touched would flash before Buffy’s eyes when she’d see Spike’s powerful form. The air buzzed with electricity. If she thought that it would soon explode before they had attended Passion Érotique, it was due any day now, more than a dormant but very active volcano. Buffy did not trust herself to be alone in the room with him. Not when a simple kiss to her forehead could have her body pulsing. Buffy feared she would make due with jumping his bones and her virginity would be in shreds by the time she was done with him.

Her fear was not out of the fact that she did not wish to get horizontal with Spike. That she stopped denying a week ago. It was her insecurity that stopped her. She remembered her place and how people saw her. An innocent virgin that held herself at higher standards. Nothing to that of a woman that could seduce a man and make him forget his name. She was not walking sex and nor did she know how to act like one. Buffy’s fears kept rolling back to Spike and his last known woman to her was. Eve.

Anya had accidentally let it slip that when Eve had made her regular visits the whole estate sounded like it was falling apart from their fucking. If that didn’t put Buffy’s doubt on the highest point of the ladder, she didn’t know what else.
The blonde dancer almost felt that to be able to be the woman that could satisfy Spike she had to act like a wanting, sex whore. However the idea of showing up in something scandalous and trying to pull off a personality like that of Faith could, would only leave Buffy feeling like a complete idiot.

Not only that but as much as the idea of losing your virginity in an arranged lover’s union – not even something of an arranged marriage - was not something of romantic. Buffy still wanted her first time to be special. And she would be damned if it was not made to be as special as it could be. The comforting thought…Spike understood that. Why else would he wait well over a month and possibly more if he did not understand it?

Buffy had to admit; as much as Spike was stubborn pig-head he could empathize with you.



All week both were bustling about trying to get things in order. Spike was having endless meetings with his contacts – or as he liked to call them – his back up for both her father’s and his families. Buffy was constantly at rehearsal. And if she wasn’t at rehearsal she was wearing her body down to the point of dropping unconscious in the studio that Spike had presented her with. For three days in row Buffy had practiced and run her parts repeatedly the second dinner was over to the point where Spike had to drag her out of there. They’d sleep in the same bed like normal, either hers or his, but by the time they reached the room both were so tired from their days that conversation was minimal. Climbing into bed was a blessing and Buffy slept peacefully in Spike’s arms for a few hours before getting up in the early morning to do it all over again.

Tonight though business was put on hold from Spike and her father’s end. The large after party for the whole cast, their families, and all the important people of the city and ballet world would take place after the dancers finished changing from their costumes. Spike would be on her arm the whole night and she would be obligated to introduce him to her former instructors from the company in New York among many others that lived the life of Ballet. Not only that but the people that knew Spike and his background would finally see them together. This included the mayor and most of his higher staff, the richest of Los Angeles, and even a couple state congressmen. It would be denial in it’s purest to think that whispers would not go around the second they walked in together.

Buffy forced Spike to promise her no talk of business would occur between anyone of both families, and they were all to be on their best behavior. She would not have the night ruined because of the internal family dramas. Tonight was important, especially for her little sister. Scouts from companies would be coming in to look at their dancers that were seeking companies, and most importantly the little sister of Prima Ballerina Buffy Summers.

With lots to do even after their last dress rehearsal Buffy needed to head back to their estate to pick up her performance bag, and finally make a decision on a dress for the after party. Not only that, but she needed to make another big decision for what was to come to their ending of their evening.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


“Damn it all to hell!” Buffy shouted as she took two empty suitcases and piled them on top of each other. Ensuring that they were completely stable and not going to topple over, Buffy, stepped slowly on top of the pile. She bent her knees, trying to keep her balance and then reached up to the top of her shelf in her closet for the train case that she normally kept her stage make-up in.

“Buffy Summers what in buggering hell are you doing?!?”

Startled by Spike’s sudden and loud presence at the door of her closet Buffy quickly lost her balance and began to almost comically tumble over her ladder contraption.

“Every time I find you in this closet you’re either being buried or finding a sure way to break your bloody neck.” Spike said as he moved to catch her. He tsked her actions as he looked down at her flustered face. Her bottom lip jutted out into a pout and she quickly moved to stand straight up.

“Well…this closet discriminates against short people!” Buffy said stomping her foot, crossing her arms over chest.

“If you’d just be a patient ballerina and come and got me to help you, you wouldn’t have almost taken a tumble.” Spike bent down to pick up the train case that had fallen to the floor, all the while moving the two suitcases. “Can’t have you hurting yourself, got a big night ahead of you, and Lorne I have no doubt would skin my arse if something happened to you.”

“You’re the one who scared me!” Buffy exclaimed and with that she grabbed her train case, and stomped out of the room. She pouted more but was quickly stopped when Spike grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back around to him.

“Oi now! Don’t go stomping in a tissy pout. Besides where’s my hello kiss.” All that escaped Buffy was an eep when his lips descended on hers and kissed her senseless into forgetting anything about trying to being mad at him. When Spike pulled back, he looked down to see her, eyes closed but completely dazed. He chuckled.

“Um…Hello?” Buffy sputtered out. Her cheeks flamed a deep red, but not quite done with his yummy lips, Buffy grabbed him by his tie and pulled him down for more smoochies. Without breaking their kiss, she led him out of the closet and towards the bed, where the back of her knees hit the mattress she pulled him down on top of her.

The kisses became more passionate as Spike leveled himself over her petite frame. Getting lost in her warmth Spike ran his fingers through her hair. She mewled as his lips descended down her neck and to the top of her chest where the top hem of her shirt met.

Buffy hadn’t quite known what possessed her to lead to this but the way Spike’s lips worked on her skin, she didn’t quite care. Her hands pressed under his suit coat pushed the clothing off his shoulders where her hands grazed over his covered arms. Her legs came to bend at the knee, her skirt falling to bunch at her hips, allowing her legs to wrap around his waist.

“Spike!” Buffy cried out as he ground his erection into her covered core. Her nails dug into his arms from the growing anticipation that was building inside her stomach. His arms caught her by the wrists and he pinned hers above her head as he ravaged her mouth with a deep passionate kiss.

Breaking it, Spike stared down at her panting, searching in her glazed over lust filled gaze. The green in her eyes sparked, her bee-stung lips were swollen from his kisses and her body flushed with excitement. “We need to stop before this goes any further than it should right now.” Spike sputtered out with heavy panting breaths.

Buffy looked at him baffled, before hurt crossed her face. “But…I thought you wanted it…” She tried to yank her arms from his grip, and avoid his gaze. She looked at anything other than him just to keep him from seeing the embarrassment in her expression. She knew it was foolish for her to initiate anything, and practically jumping him like that left her feeling now like an idiot. She didn’t understand why it hurt, a few weeks ago she’d be grateful for him saying no.

“You think I don’t want this pet? Hey…stop wriggling away!” His legs maneuvered so that they pinned hers and his hold on her wrists became even tighter even as only one of his hands held them down. It was shocking how much stronger Spike was more than he appeared. With his free hand he pulled her chin to look him directly in the eyes. “Kitten I’m not saying no to this because I don’t want it! I’d be a bat-shit crazy man if I denied that I did. Does this in anyway feel like I don’t?” He ground his hips into hers again and her eyes nearly rolled up into the back of her head. The sight of that, of her reaction to his arousal only made him harder and he cursed in his head for bringing a stop to this. “I’ll be damned if our first time and your first time ever would be a quickie in the afternoon.”

Buffy gasped at his words. She pressed her forehead into his as he rested gently against her body “Deserve to be worshipped all night. And our first shall be just that.”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Dawn Summers, was to say the least nervous. Buffy had reassured her constantly that she had nothing to be nervous about. That she was a natural to dance and her performance tonight would be wonderful. However the butterflies that the younger Summer’s woman felt were not keen on listening to Buffy’s reassuring words. The brunette sat in front of the mirror in the dressing room that she shared with 5 others. The row of individual mirrors with the table in front, were all covered in their make-up and hair products. Pins for the hair were scattered everywhere. Dawn assessed the final outcome of her make-up. Her face was covered in powder but it still looked flawless and natural. Her features were intensified and she appeared older and sophisticated. Her hair was pulled tight into a ponytail with the ends in tight curls. Buffy had helped her with her hair, because Dawn’s nerves she was sure to have burned herself with the curling iron. They had pinned fake baby’s breath to the base of her ponytail and added a light glaze of glitter to the top of her head.

Standing up Dawn adjusted her leotard so that her tights didn’t bunch. She quickly moved to dress into her first costume being sure not get any rips into her tights. The other girls were just about almost finished each of them helping each other with final details. She smiled at them before ducking out of the dressing room and walking across the hall to her sisters. The whole back stage was in a hurry. Most of the male dancers were already finished getting ready and were now sitting on stage, which had the curtain drawn across it, trying to keep their bodies warm. You could hear the buzz of the audience as the house was becoming full and everyone was getting seated. It was just a matter of minutes now before performance and Dawn’s stomach did even more flips.

This would be Dawn’s first performance that wasn’t put on by her dance studio, and this in no way compared to a simple recital. The talent scouts were here and if they were not impressed with her performance tonight she’d have to wait another whole year before she could actually truly audition for any company. She would be eligible then, unless a company asked for her membership tonight there was no way she could get in just yet.

“Buffy? Are you decent?” Dawn asked as she knocked on hers sister’s dressing room. Buffy replied with a yes and she quickly opened the door. Dawn smiled, always awed by her sister’s final appearance before any performance. Tonight’s show she had down her hair in loose curls pinning half of it back where she too had pinned the fake baby’s breath at the part where both sides met. Buffy was in a sheer light blue one piece dancers dress that formed down in a slanted cut to just above her knees. A ribbon that was the same shade of blue as her dress, was tied in a criss-cross pattern from her elbow all the way down to her wrist on one arm.

“Dawnie you look beautiful!” Buffy said admiring her baby sister. She stood up from her chair in front of the mirror and walked over to Dawn where she hugged her tightly. “Relax Dawn, tonight will go so smoothly and quickly you’ll be surprised that it’s over by the time it’s curtain call.”

Dawn laughed, knowing her sister sensed her nerves. She spied over Buffy’s shoulders a large vase with beautiful red rose arrangement. Next to it was a similar one with pink roses instead.

“Who are the flowers from?”

Buffy looked over her shoulder. “Spike sent them. The pink ones are yours from him.”

Dawn was touched; she walked over to the vase and picked the card from the arrangement, smiling as she read it.

Good Luck Niblet, we’re all proud of you. –Spike

“Well that was very sweet of him.” Dawn said smiling. She placed the card back on the arrangement and looked at her sister who was just slipping on her Pointe shoes. Quickly her sister began a series of stretches and rotating certain body parts. “Are you nervous?”

“Honestly, yes.” Buffy answered.

“Because the old Company is here?”

Buffy shook her head as they began to exit the dressing room and head towards the curtained stage. “No, I’ve danced in front of them multiple times. Don’t laugh but –“

“Because Spike is here.” Dawn said confidently cutting her sister off. She smiled and beamed at her older sister. Buffy looked at her, deer in the headlights, shocked that she was easy to figure out. “Buffy, I may not be the oldest and wisest but I can tell there’s something between you two. I admit I didn’t like Spike at the beginning I mean it’s understandable, but he’s turned out to not be so much of a monster. Not when it comes to me, or mom, and especially you. Buffy if I didn’t know any better I’d swear that man loves you.”

“I highly doubt that Dawnie. I’m not saying there’s something more than lust there, the way Spike behaves proves that, but I doubt love is. I’m just the mistress.” Soon to be, Buffy. “You don’t fall in love with the mistress.”

“Says who? We’re not in the Middle Ages here Buffy.” They came to stand in the wings, off to the side so that the dancers that were warming up could file off the stage and get ready to begin. Buffy looked at her sister with a confused expression. “Okay, so he just might not love you right now, but you told me yourself love takes time. I honestly think you and Spike were meant for each other. And, admit it, you’re falling for him. Besides you say mistress like you’re the other woman. Not the case, no doubt you’d be the only woman forever if Spike had a say in it.”

Buffy regarded her sister with shock, not because she accused Buffy of truly having affection and devotion towards Spike, but because her sister was right in her accusations. To deny that something more than just the unrequited sexual tension was there would make Buffy living the in Nile River. She tried to deny this past month, especially after the murders at the docks were discovered, but that was before it was becoming clear that people other than she was seeing it there as well.

“Besides! You guys are practically dating anyway! I mean look at it from my point of view. You said so yourself Spike is majorly possessive which yes is expected in any man and could be possessive of his mistress and still not love her. However if we’re talking true mistress status, that man would not care about your thoughts, your loves, and would certainly not limit himself to just you.

“I’ll admit it, there is something more there, and the thing is it frightens me. The intensity of it all. I’m borderline drowning in it all, what if he’s not feeling it too. What if he’s not there to catch me?”

“He will, Buffy. You can see it in his eyes. I can feel it in my gut.”

Buffy shook her head, eyeing what was supposed to be her baby sister. “When did you get so wise?”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The lights came to a dim setting and Spike found his eyes trying to adjust to the change. The whole theater was packed, not a single seat was empty as people from all over the city were paying mucho bucks to see two of the best American ballet dancers perform on opening night in their own production. Spike beamed with pride as his girl was one of the headlining names of this show. He looked down at the program in his lap to see his Kitten on the cover of it dancing with Lorne.

His body hummed with excitement as he and his crew awaited in their private balcony for the show to begin. The work that had left Buffy working harder than ever the past two weeks and her body tense as she laid down into bed next to him. Faith and Anya flanked on either side of him, and Xander sat close to his wife. Behind Xander was Gunn who sat next to Wesley and Andrew. The whole group was done up in their best attire. The men in their best suits and the two women decked out in tasteful evening gowns. Even underneath their high-class clothing, none were packing any heat of weapons except for Gunn. Spike didn’t want to spook anyone if they possibly brushed against the others and felt the outline of a gun. Tonight was Buffy’s big night, and he promised her it would not get ruined with his work.

Across from their balcony Spike spied Buffy’s parents entering their own balcony, joining Buffy’s friends Willow, Oz, and Fred. He knew Gunn was eagerly looking out towards Buffy’s girlfriend Fred, trying to catch as many glimpses before the house lights went completely dark. Spike nodded to Hank Summers when he caught the man’s eyes, which in turn nodded back.

Soon the doors at every entrance into the theater were closed by attendants and the lights completely became darkened leaving the theater to quiet into a hush.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so glad you could join us this evening,” A man in a full tuxedo, tails and all walked out onto the stage with a microphone. The spotlight bright on his form as he regarded the audience. “I am the conductor of tonight’s performance as well as one of the head Instructor’s of the American Ballet Dance Company. I was asked tonight to conduct the orchestra on Opening Night by one of the co-directors of this show, who is also performing alongside with the other co-director. Both of these dancers are former performers for the ABD Company, these two dancers are to be considered part of the best that the company has ever had the pleasure of working with.” Faith nudged Spike at the mention of Buffy’s reputation and Spike filled with even more pride. “I ask that all cell phones and other electronic devices be turned off, and no exiting until Intermission, as a courtesy to tonight’s performers. I am sure you will enjoy the performance put on by those that are regarded as world-renowned performers and the dancers they have chosen in this piece. Only the best could from this production and is my great pleasure to introduce this production as ‘Swan Lake’.”

A loud applause could be heard as the conductor walked down into the orchestra pit and the spotlight went away. The curtains opened to a lit stage with a beautifully painted meadow scenery background. In the center of the stage stood his Buffy with her partner Lorne. She was already on her toes in her starting position her body gracefully rigid awaiting the start of the music. Once the applause quieted the music started and so did the graceful piece of the dancing production.

Spike watched in awe the second her body began to move around the stage. Executing each move with confidence and precision. The whole stage was lit but to Spike there was a beautiful glow around the woman that he regarded as his.

Anya gasped as Buffy and Lorne executed a very difficult lift, however they made it look absolutely simple. “I’m not a big ballet enthusiast but damn Buffy is breathtaking.”

Xander smiled at his wife and placed his hand over hers. Everyone in the theater was mesmerized by the performance; from the headlining main characters to the rest of the dancers in the background. The last piece of the first act before the Intermission was Dawn’s solo and as she came to a finish and struck her final pose, both the Summer’s and Giles’ balconies stood with standing ovation as the theater applauded.

During intermission Spike and his crew met with Hank Summers and the lovely Joyce. They discussed the breathtaking show thus far while enjoying complimentary champagne. Spike pretty much stayed quiet during the intermission’s conversation. He was itching to see the rest of the performance. To witness his Princess’s graceful body dancing. He longed to get through the show and to hold her and engulf her with appraisals for her performance.

When the theater’s bell rang to signal the end of intermission everyone quickly entered back into the theater for their seats and awaited the second act.

If the first act was mesmerizing, the second act did not disappoint in surpassing it. Spike practically sat at the edge of his seat, through out most of the second act, as if it would bring him any closer to the performance. Faith had him jab him a time or two with her elbow because she worried he’d fall right out of his seat.

As the final song took place and the whole performance came to an end, Buffy was the last one to be on stage. She executed the last of the moves with all her might. The music escalated as she took her final placement in the center of the stage the lights fading as she proceeded to execute Fouetté rond de jambe en tourant, a series of quick whipping in place pirouettes. The music reached its peak and slowly the lights faded on Buffy’s final pose of an Arabesque.

As the spotlight held on Buffy’s silhouette and the music came to an end the whole theater erupted into applause as every single attendee of tonight’s performance came to a standing ovation. As the stage lights changed, and you could see Buffy pull herself from her final pose as she stood in the middle of the stage before stepping back past the curtains. Executing into a low dancer’s curtsy before the curtains closed. Spike whistled, and soon the curtains opened again revealing the whole performance crew with Buffy and Lorne in the middle, everyone lined up in a row holding hands. Buffy now held a bouquet of roses, which was presented by the conductor. Moving forward the whole production curtsied before stepping back and allowing both Lorne and Buffy the spotlight. After the main characters took their bows, each soloist had their chance to bow before the audience. Soon the curtains drew to a close again and the applause began to quiet as the theater began to make their exit.

“I think I found a new appreciation for the ballet,” Faith said which sounded hilarious as her Boston accent became a little fuller.

“And I believe hell has frozen over,” Wesley observed stoically, poking fun at the absurdity that just came from Faith.

She glared at him before giving him a hard sock to his upper bicep. “Shut it, four eyes!”

It was then Anya who spoke up next in her truest fashion, “It’s the strong men in tights. Their costumes put heavy emphasis on their packages. A very enjoyable sight indeed.” This was followed quickly by and exasperated Xander who could only cry out his wife’s name in embarrassment. “No worries my dear, half of them are gay anyway.”

Spike ignoring the ridiculous banter between the others walked out of the balcony seating with Gunn next to him. “I really do question the bloody intelligence of our colleagues sometimes,”

“Me too boss, me too.”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Spike stood next to Hank and Joyce completely uncomfortable, and itching to yank at the collar and loosen his tie. It would be an understatement at it’s greatest to say that Spike didn’t belong here. Sure he’d grown up accustomed to attending theater and privileged social functions. He’d attended the elitist schools in England from primary all the way until Oxford. To say that he had no social standing in rich societies would be ridiculous. However standing here with Buffy’s parents as Joyce spoke – more like tried to understand the heavy Russian accent – of one of Buffy’s former instructors from the company in New York, made him feel like an elephant in a room. He had never been much to socialize in those of performing arts. They had their own world, and if you didn’t know it, then you had better move out of the way. This was beyond knowing how to hold yourself and the proper manners and where you grew up. If you didn’t have the right background, one could never survive in the world of performance with the harsh ridicule and feedback.

The woman’s rich accent made her words difficult to understand and he was sure that the random words in use of her native language did not help either. From what Spike could gather the woman and her colleague, who was French and luckily didn’t bother to try and speak, were praising the Summer’s for their daughters wonderful performance and ability to put on a production.

“Thoze at thee companiez mizz Boo-fay vary much. We waz sads to see ‘er go.”

Spike regarded Hank and Joyce’s reaction to this. Hank smiled and nodded followed by assuring the woman that Buffy indeed missed dancing for the company as well. Joyce smiled but he could see in her eyes the reserved guilt. Her eyes averted the woman’s and as she withdrew in herself. Spike had no doubt that Buffy’s mother felt it was all her doing that Buffy had left New York. What Mrs. Summers was not taking into consideration was that her being sick was under no one’s control, and no matter what Buffy would have come home without hesitation. That was just the type of woman she was.

Family first.

It was the reason she was with him. He hoped as the time grew they’ve had together since her moving in would change and that she’d truly come to feel the same way he did for her. Though there was nothing that could change that only reason Buffy agreed to his and her father’s arrangement was that of her family.

Spike’s stare was broken when suddenly applause broke out and everyone turned to regard the ballroom doors that were now opening to reveal the entire dance production.

Lorne lead the group followed by Buffy with Dawn at her side. The rest followed and branched off to see their respected family, friends, and guests.

Spike walked with the Summers to see the two dancing girls. “Oh Honey you were wonderful.” Joyce beamed as she came to hug her youngest. Dawn blushed, but happily hugged her mother back.

The bleached blonde looked at Buffy who was sharing a quick whisper with Lorne. Upon hearing her parents and Spike walk up, Buffy broke out into a smile. Her father hugged her first, followed by Joyce.

When Joyce stepped back Spike was able to take a god look at her. Her dress was a cream colored strapless that flowed and fell to her knees. It had a soft spring colored flowers. Her golden tanned legs enticed him and the white strappy heels certainly did nothing to help. Her hair, which was curled during the show and had slightly been pinned back, now flowed down past her shoulders in full curls.

She smiled at her parents before looking to Spike; the heated gaze he turned onto her struck her body to the core. Her skin still hummed and her body was still doing flips from the excitement of the performance but his stare affected er more.

No words were said as he came forward to stand before her, his hand going to caress her cheek, his lips pressed to the hallow of her ear.

“Magnificent. That’s what you were princess. Bloody magnificent.”

His voice instantly soothed any worries she might still hold and the tremors of her body stilled as his thumb traced soft circles against her cheek. She could finally relax, the stress of opening night, something that she had been working herself to the bone for was finally complete.

She spied the others across the ballroom, chatting and enjoying the appetizing food provided. Spike pressed a kiss to the temple and pulled her gently to him, his arm snaking loosely around her waist, signaling to everyone that she was his. The pleasant smile that spread across her mother’s lips did not go unnoticed.

“Thank you for coming.” Buffy said to Spike. He smiled down at her before snatching up a flute of champagne from a passing caterer and handed it to her.

“Ooo bubbly!” Buffy said enthusiastically.

“You two this show was so wonderful and I’m very proud of you Dawn,” Joyce said giving her youngest another light squeeze.

Suddenly Buffy and Lorne stood straighter as three very important people came walking up to them. A man well into his sixties were flanked by the woman Buffy’s parents had been talking to earlier, and the man that had acted as tonight’s conductor. It was obvious to Spike these three were high there in the company that Buffy had once danced with.

“Tatayana, Dmitri, and Alex!” Buffy greeted each with a hug, and Lorne followed with a hearty handshake. “It was an honor that you traveled all this way to see the show. And Alex thank you for acting as conductor for tonight’s performance.” Buffy beamed a happy smile at the man. “These are my parents Joyce and Hank Summers.” Buffy looked to Spike who in turn nodded. “And, this…is my fiancé, William Giles.”

The three of them looked pleasantly surprised to find this new development in Buffy’s life. But none of them commented on it and simply shook Spike’s hand each congratulating Spike and Buffy. “And of course, this is my little sister Dawn Summers.”

“Ah yes, Hello little Miss Summers,” Dmitri greeted, whose accent was much easier to understand than Tatayana’s. “You had an outstanding performance tonight. Your solo was breath taking.”

“Indeed, if I ded nots knows it, I would have zworn that waz Boo-fay up there.” Tatanyana looked from both Summer’s girls.

This time Alex spoke up. “If you have a chance we would like to discuss the possibility of you joining our company.”

Buffy practically squealed with excitement. Her hand squeezed Spike’s as she tried to rein her excitement in. All Dawn could do was nod her head with a fish like expression.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Buffy’s hands shook as her fingers combed through the top of her hair trying to arrange it into place. Her insides were twisted with a nervous frenzy, butterflies flapping in her stomach like large bats.

One side of her was arguing with her other side that what she was about to do was a horrible idea. However the other side of Buffy, the side that needed to be comfortable and confident was shoving the cautious Buffy to the back of her mind.

Pleased with her hair Buffy fully assessed her in the mirror of her vanity, turning her head at different angles to be sure nothing was amiss. Her skin was soft and golden. She had moisturized like there was no tomorrow with vanilla lotion after her shower. Afterwards she had redone her hair and put a smidge of make-up. Spike was probably wondering what was taking so long to simply get ready for bed.

Buffy adjusted her red silk negligee, the one that she had ended up purchasing at Victoria Secrets on her trip with Willow. The blonde couldn’t believe she was about to do this. She admitted she didn’t look skanky however she did not feel all that confident with going to Spike’s room read to consummate their relationship once and for all. After all, Spike was the one she was the one that when ready would need to come to his room.

However, she knew Spike was not going to be expecting this. Buffy had said she was going to shower and head over to his room for bed after they had arrived from the after party.

She wanted Spike to be surprised when she came to his bedroom, so she definitely needed to get a move on.

It had certainly been a long night. After some socializing with some of the guests Buffy had gone with Dawn and sat at a table with the three from ABDC to discuss possible joining of their company. Afterwards Dawn was approached by four other companies, one was even located in Paris and England in hopes of ensnaring Dawn into their production.

They weren’t as lucky as to have enlisted Buffy Summers but they moved quickly to pass up the second chance. The other companies had arranged for meetings at a later date all of which Buffy would be attending to ensure everything went smoothly and was understood.

Now Buffy stood before her bed having given herself one last look over in the mirror. The question “What if I’m bad at this?” plagued her mind. But she tried to ignore it.

“You can do this…” Buffy pepped herself up.

Tonight there would be no going back. She would be his. Whether she stayed with him for the rest of her life, or ended it the moment the alliance was no longer needed, a part of her would always belong to William “Spike” Giles.

Could she really do that? Belong to someone. Feelings beyond friendship and trust were already there so this was the most reasonable step they take. She had been living at his house for a couple months now as his known mistress and they had been pretty much as scandalous as sleeping in the same bed together, not considering the occasional heavy petting.

Intimate relationships never took place in Buffy’s life before now. Just friends or innocent dating was what Buffy was used to. Before New York she simply hadn’t had the time with school and dance classes. At the ABDC being in relationships….feelings of being in love was never to be a priority. Dance and the company, as they made sure of that.

Slipping the red matching silk robe on, Buffy tied the sash tightly around her waist and walked out of her bedroom, locking the dog in there. With deep breaths, Buffy walked across the hall and was knocking on the door before she knew it.

“Better now than later…” Buffy said to herself.


Chapter End Notes:
Okay, so I've said in the past that I HATE cliffhangers, however I wanted to get this chapter to you as soon as possible and I didn't want to wait any longer for me to finish chapter 31. I would have just combined 30 and 31, however this chapter was already reaching 6,000. Like it? I wanted to do something that put Spike purely in her world. Please review and I will have 31 soon!