Author's Chapter Notes:
Why hello! Is anyone still reading this. I'd be surprise at the rate I'm going but none the less I'm here with an update. Needless to say my plans to finish this with the end of the year didn't go as planned. I got really sick for most of December and beginning of January. Mid January I was left to run everything at work and be in charge because my boss went out so stressed pushed me back even further. By the time I could get to writing in March I had pretty much gotten writer's block but I forced myself to write. However it came as complete and utter crap! It wasn't coming out the way I wanted and for some reason I couldn't figure out why. By the time I got around to working on it again my computer decided to tank and it came close to me losing everything even the only copy of the second draft of this chapter. Needless to say things have worked out. This chapter is probably the only chapter that has put me through so much of a ringer but now I'm confident enough to finishing this story. And honestly I couldn't have done it without the help of my new beta Hope. She was the one that guided me back to what I really wanted this chapter to be about for the 2nd draft as well as kept on me about writing. Without her I don't think this chapter would have been done for quite a while or at least be the first piece of crap it was.

So without further ado, I give you chapter 33, something I'm very quite proud of!
Chapter 33: When you’re truly ready…

“So I told Rupert he had absolutely no ground to go after the man.” Jennifer Giles said with a hearty giggle. “But you know Rupert, such a tight wad he is about his money looks at me absolutely horrified and goes ‘that bugger took my bloody tip when you already paid him one, damn right I’m going after him’. And low and behold Rupert practically chases the poor boy down as if he had stolen his whole wallet. Needless to say if it weren’t for his reputation I doubt we would be allowed to go back to that restaurant.” The three other women that sat around her at the table on the back garden patio began to laugh while Jenny rolled her eyes at the memory of her husbands near public embarrassment on a night they had gone out to a few weeks ago.

The four women had taken to having a light brunch outside enjoying the good weather and beautiful sight of the spring gardens while the men went off to as Jenny had claimed ‘be boring men talking about boring work stuff’. Normally Faith would have gone but had disentangled herself claiming she hung out enough with the boys already. However it was quite clear she wished to catch up with someone who apparently was like a mother to everyone in the household even though she didn’t live at the Giles estate in Los Angeles.

Buffy had been shy at first, unsure of Jenny’s feelings towards her. She had no idea how much Spike’s parents knew of what was going on if at all anything. How do you act with the woman who was mother to the man that had traded you for alliance for you to be his mistress?

However, the feeling she was getting from Jenny was that she didn’t view Buffy any lower as to why she could possibly be living in the household. She was treating her as if she were a loving girlfriend of her son’s. This wasn’t hard for Buffy to believe because she couldn’t deny that Spike treated with absolute respect along with everyone in the house. As Dawn had pointed out Spike absolutely adored her.

Things were definitely proving to be coming to a different light versus how Buffy had imagined it when she was first put in the situation. When she had come to this house she wanted nothing to do with Spike. Now she craved his touch, looked forward to spending time with him, and been shown a side of Spike beyond a man who ran an illegal establishment and was connected to many illegal things both at a state and federal level. Spike was a man who cared about anyone he brought into his house. His treatment of Buffy alone proved that, the stories of how Faith and Anya came to be part of the household had been enough to open her eyes. He encouraged her goals, never stopping her from dance and enduring her opening night with full support at her side during the after party of the night before.

Spike’s blossoming care for Dawn was probably the biggest winner of Buffy’s heart. Repeatedly Spike showed adoration for her little sister on the nights the younger Summers daughter would spend over at the Giles’ estate. Always being sure that the sister had whatever she needed or wanted. In someway the two had formed their own special bond.

And now she sat across from Spike’s mother, a woman who shattered the original belief in the role of the women besides the men who ran these crime families.

Buffy had grown up with a mother who protected her and Dawn from this business, all the while keeping her distance from the whole situation. Joyce Summers rarely associated with Hank’s staff, only his right hand man, and simply because he was always around. She didn’t snub Hank’s choice in work, but just treated it as something one didn’t talk about, acting as if it were just a mess under the rug she chose to ignore.

While here Jenny was sitting next to Faith, Spike’s employee, and Anya the wife of another, talking with them as if old girlfriends. Buffy certainly didn’t have any disrespect for Faith in what she did, nor for Anya in the man she had chosen to marry. She saw them no lower than anyone else in the world, they were caring along with everyone in the estate, They had become close and reliable friends in the house to Buffy, and if for any reason to be pushed to trust Spike it were these two women that sat next to her. The whole situation encouraged her to believe that she could survive in Spike’s world

“So, Buffy, tell me a little bit about yourself.” Jenny said, interrupting Buffy from her thoughts. “I will admit my son seems to like to keep his private life tight lipped even from his own mother, so I’m sorry to say I know nothing about you, and my dear I would certainly like to know.”

Buffy grabbed her glass of lemonade to take a quick drink while she gathered her thoughts on what she could possibly say to the mother of the Giles family. Anya snickered next to her while Faith gave Buffy a sideways glance. Apparently they had no clue as to how much Jenny Giles knew as she did. A lot of help they were Buffy thought in her head.

“Well…” Buffy started, grasping at straws in her head as to where to start. “I’ve lived in Los Angeles almost all of my life, except I went to New York when I was 17 to study.”

“Oh! What did you study?” Jenny asked with a gentle smile.

“Dance. I attended the American Ballet Dance Company.”

Jenny sat back for a second a look of contemplation clearly crossing her face before the thought apparently came to her. “Now I know why your name sounded so familiar. It wasn’t just because I know of your father. You’re Buffy Summers the ballet dancer!” Buffy was taken aback by Jenny’s recognition of her as a performing dancer. “You performed in London a couple years ago. Rupert took me to your performance for our anniversary. It was absolutely amazing.”

“I know right momma Giles. We all went to Buffy’s opening performance last night.” Faith agreed, giving Buffy a friendly elbow to the side. Buffy blushed at their praise and shifted uncomfortably. Buffy knew she had talent, she had worked hard to reach it, but Buffy was never one to really let other’s praise get to her head, she never wanted to be those dancers that let their success get to the head and then eventually bring them to their demise. If she had never gotten a role she never thought it was unfair, simply agreed that she hadn’t been the one for it.

“Is your company in town performing?” Jenny asked.

Buffy shook her head. “No actually I’m not with company right now, my mother got sick so I came back home. My former regular dance partner also retired from the company and did a production at the Los Angeles Theater that I helped put on.”

“How amazing! I’m sorry about your mother my dear, I hope she is doing better.”

“Slowly but surely she’s getting better.”

“How did you and William meet?”

If anything could confirm Jenny’s knowledge it was the last question she threw at Buffy. The blonde noticed Faith sit up straighter next to her and even Anya gave an uncomfortable cough. In that moment Buffy cursed Spike for leaving her with his mother with no idea of how much she could disclose to her. It seemed Spike had that problem of popping out of the area in the direst times.

Buffy opened her mouth as if she could possibly expect the right answer to come out and before she could even utter a word of truth or lie – because at that point Buffy had no idea what would come out – Rupert Giles walked up to their table.

“I do hope I’m not interrupting any thing.” Rupert said as he came to stop behind his sitting wife. He placed gentle hands on her shoulders as he gave a massaging caress. She looked up at him with a smile.

“Oh Rupert! You would never believe it, but Buffy here is the dancer we saw in the production you took me to for our anniversary.”

Giles looked at Buffy curiously. “Really? Well Miss Summers you are certainly a talented dancer.”

“Thank you, Giles. And please call me Buffy.”

“What are you doing down here, honey? I figured you would be talking boring business longer with William and Wesley.”

Giles fluttered his hand in the air dismissively, moving to take the empty seat at Jenny’s side. “Our son had new people to see to that are apparently moving into the house, the whole situation was even boring for stuffy me.”

“Nonsense, you’re not stuffy my dear.” Jenny assured with a loving smile which Giles in turn responded with a kiss to the top of her head.

Anya looked to the curvy brunette and spoke, “Faith shouldn’t you be there?”

Faith simply shrugged, “If it was too boring even for Giles I’m not going to feel obligated to join the boys. Besides I’m sure they can play nice without me.”

“Thanks ever so Faith.” Giles said with a narrowed stare. Faith only smiled innocently.

“It’s all out of love Big Daddy.”

“Anyway, Buffy you’re just in time dear, Buffy was telling us about herself. How long have you been dancing my dear?” Jenny said turning her attention back to Buffy. The young blonde let out a small sigh of relief at the fact that Spike’s mother had completely forgotten about her previous question. Even Faith and Anya seemed to relax.

Buffy began to fiddle with the top of her glass. “Ever since I was a little girl. My parents had taken me to a show and I kind of just fell in love with it.”

“How exciting, but you said you left for New York at 17, wasn’t it hard to leave your family at first?”

“It was at first. I had finished out my senior year early so there wasn’t the worry of me graduating. My father completely objected to the idea of it outright. It took some persuasion on my mother’s part before he finally agreed to even allow me to audition

“Yes, us women can usually talk the big strong men into agreement. Isn’t that right Rupert.” Jenny said putting her hand over his. Giles in turn rolled his eyes but indulged his wife with a nod.

“Whipped!” Faith accused with a laugh at the older man. He looked at her mock anger and sat straighter.

“Nonsense! Pure devotion, young lady.” Giles argued but Faith continued to laugh, trying hard not to fall out of her chair. Buffy even had a hard time containing her giggles. “You Giles men are all the same.”

Anya spoke up in Giles’ defense. “It’s a good quality to have Faithey. Some might think Xander is whipped-“

“Because he so is!”

“But I look at it as a true man who is truly in love with the woman, will let her think that she’s right. I certainly don’t care if he’s just agreeing so I’ll be quiet, he agreeing is pleasing enough. Because I will the have leverage for later, false or not.” Anya said triumphantly. Both Jenny and Buffy clapped their hands in agreement.

“When you meet the right one, my dear,” Giles began looking back at Faith, “You’ll understand.”

Faith rolled her eyes at the whole idea of her settling down was a complete long shot, but she said nothing further which in turn made Buffy laugh again.

“If you’ll excuse me I think I’ll go get a refill of coffee for all of us.” Buffy said standing up, in turn Giles too stood up which Buffy had grown accustomed to with Spike and the rest of the men standing when a woman left the table. She smiled at everyone before grabbing the coffee server and heading into the house, slipping into the kitchen which was empty of any of the staff.

Not finding herself completely incompetent to do it herself, Buffy walked over to the coffee pot which had already brewed a new batch and began to set up to pour the fresh coffee into the pot.

All the while she didn’t hear another person step into the kitchen until they spoke.

“I figured it would be the proper thing to see if you needed any help.”

Buffy jumped, surprised by Giles sudden presence in the kitchen. Apparently his son had adopted the sneaky factor from his father, both men now having been successful in sneaking up on her.

After gaining control of her heartbeat, Buffy let out a light laugh. “No worries, I think I pretty much got it, but thank you.”

Giles nodded coming to stand next to the counter across from her. “Well to be honest, I also wanted to speak with you alone for a moment.”

Buffy stopped pouring and looked at him, watching while he began to clean his glasses, obviously trying to figure out where to start.

“Was there something you wanted to talk about?”

“Well I don’t mean to be harsh, and once I explain my reasoning for my suspicions I’m sure you’ll understand where I’m coming from.” Buffy nodded, slowly putting the coffee pot down all together. “I am assured that your motives are purely…innocent but I do worry. My son I will say obviously feels something for you.” Buffy couldn’t help but blush especially as Giles continued on. “And I am aware of what has brought you into this estate. I don’t judge you my dear, that’s not why I’m here to talk.” Giles placed his cleaning cloth back into his side suit pocket and Buffy could only stand there, waiting for the shoe to drop.

“However we both know that William’s feelings for you aren’t just where they would possibly for the reason that he made the deal with your father. I believe you are aware of this.”

“Yes…”

“Not to say that you don’t deserve my son’s affections. Though, William does have feelings invested in this even if that was never his original intention when this whole ordeal started. Needless to say, if you or your father has ulterior motives after this whole situation with O’Connor and Finn, I advise you to not do it.” Buffy felt taken aback by his accusations. “I’ll help my son in any ordeals but ultimately William’s wars are his own, until he is completely taken advantage of with the use of his feelings. And come that situation you and your father will not win.”

“Are you thinking that I’m using my position to get closer to Spike only to turn to my father to help him back stab Spike?”

“Like I said, you’ll understand that I have reason to believe this. I understand that your family is under the same war that my son is in, but it wouldn’t be the first time an alliance was broken come the winning of a war. This proves just as to what it is, an alliance during a war to not go against the other.” Giles explained. “I don’t see you as deceitful or manipulative. You seem like a perfectly caring and wonderful woman, Miss Summers. But please be aware that you are a part of another family. In this lifestyle you are aware that family is first, your loyalty to them is just where it should be. I do hope that the assurances my son has given me that you won’t double cross him are true. I don’t like having any ill thought about anyone that doesn’t deserve it, and a good part of me believes that you do not deserve it.”

“Mr. Giles,” Buffy started. She felt it was more appropriate to address him this way. It all came down to respect. “I do understand where you are coming from. But I don’t think you quite understand the whole situation. I was all but pretty much left with no choice. My father took my say away in the matter something I’m still trying to overcome and begin to forgive him for. Not only that but if you know how I feel…for this whole situation and my father’s work you’d understand I couldn’t do what you worry I will do.”

Giles’ head cocked to the side as he peered at her curiously, awaiting for her to continue on.

“It’s not to say that I despise my father. More along the lines, I despise what he allows himself to become. I love him very much just as he loves me, but I sometimes feel that my dad tends to forget that Dawn, my mother, and I aren’t his employees. We are the innocent ones in his whole life. When I was a little girl my father was just like any father to a young girl. In my eyes he was my hero, I didn’t know the dark world he dealt in because he was always sure to separate my mother, sister, and I from work. Though with out a doubt as I got older I became less naïve and with it my father stopped hiding it. I’m not used to this whole other side, but of course his blindness forgot that when he traded me with your son. I don’t know how to react to anything that goes on with any of this…business. I’m sure it would be different if Dawn or I were boys or if he had his way in the first place without my mother stopping him from grooming one of us, just as it was for Spike’s involvement was compared to your daughter.”

Giles looked at her and nodded, understanding at the point she was trying to make.

“But we’re not. I’m not looking to follow my father’s footsteps and nor is Dawn. I can’t be cut throat and heartless. I can’t stand in front of our loyal following and tell them to do unspeakable things let alone fraudulent things. I left to study dance in New York to make that clear to him. So you see I can’t be double-crossing your son by infiltrating his estate as his mistress. I don’t blame Spike, he didn’t know where I stood on the issue, and at least I don’t blame him anymore. I agreed to be a trade item to protect my family Mr. Giles. Angelus O’Connor, I only had to meet him once and he’s vile, sadistic, and gives me the absolute creeps.”

“And I’m sure that’s putting it nicely.” Buffy laughed at the older man’s statement, she nodded her head.

“I know what Angelus does to women like me, to young girls like Dawn. And while Mr. Finn doesn’t seem to be immediate threat he still is against my family. Protecting my family is the mission. In this world I know enough to know that loyalty and that to of family is of the utmost importance.”

“Right you are Buffy. Without the respect the family you’re better off dead.”

Buffy nodded and put her coffee mug down before crossing her arms. “I won’t double cross your son Mr. Giles. I won’t not just because I can’t. Spike’s…personality...let’s just say it’s grown on me. I still don’t approve of things but Spike himself is a better man that I thought him to be originally. You have my loyal word that he won’t be betrayed at the end of all of this, that he won’t be hurt by me.”

“Very well then Buffy. I am sorry for being rather harsh with my questioning to you earlier. As you can understand I worry for my son. He’s a man, but a man who can easily devote himself to the right woman. I didn’t want to hold any ill thought to you, because honestly you seem to be a very high-class young woman with a good head on her shoulders. And…I am sorry for my son to put you in the predicament that he did in the first place.”

“It wasn’t ideal but I am happy with the decision. Everyone in this house has been very warm and welcoming, even with me being from another family. Spike is caring and makes me feel safe, I was quite surprised by how protective your son was Mr. Giles.” Buffy said with a laugh.

“Do you love William?”

At out of the whole conversation the last question is what sent a chill down her spine. Her current chuckle stopped short and she stood up straighter, eyes widening. Her mouth did a very close impression to that of a fish as she stared beyond Giles.

“I honestly couldn’t say…” Her head dropped in shame afraid to look in the eyes of the man who was the father she was currently denying being in love with. “Spike...William has surprised me a lot since my stay from the beginning. I didn’t take to him at first I thought he was how I perceived my father to be…a monster. But I do admit I was naïve. I don’t feel hate towards William like I did when this whole mess started. I do care for him, he’s become someone close to me, but I honestly couldn’t say if I loved him. I’ve never been in love…” She looked up to see Giles’ sympathetic gaze upon her. Her voice wavered as tears threatened to be shed. It all came down to the question that had been plaguing Buffy since the beginning of it all. Could she love Spike? At the moment she felt horrible that she couldn’t even answer the question as she pictured Spike in her mind. His caring smiles and gentle touch. His stubborn behavior that matched her own and his annoying but drop dead smirk that could make her want to punch him at times. “How do you know when you’re in love?”

Giles feeling very sympathetic to the girl placed a gentle hand on her shoulder trying to ease her distress. “When you’re really and truly ready, you’ll know.” He pulled her gently into a hug giving her another smile before leading her out of the kitchen and back to the rest of the group.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


“Mr. Giles the men that you said were supposed to meet you at noon are here. Would you like me to bring them up to you?”

Spike looked away from Wesley who was standing across from him in the middle of his office. Spike was puffing on a cigarette while Wesley was overlooking some papers that Spike’s father had given him. All of it pertained to the accounts that were directly being funneled from Spike’s end of the business. Various account numbers lay on the sheet each bringing the revenue from different things Spike ran. The brothels, protection money from local businesses, establishments Spike had started, and the drug money that almost all of his business hid. Giles had brought the papers as well as the ones that pertained to the main accounts and they were currently trying to figure how much they needed to bring in more weapons. Wesley had come into contact with a new muscle man, one who was supposed to be the best and Spike after hearing his accomplishments wanted to bring the man into the family fully and reside at the house. Along with him was an old mate of Xander’s who specialized in arms dealing. Spike was wary of at first but Xander had ensured his background would come in handy.

“Sure Tara, go ahead and bring them up. Where is Buffy?”

Before she walked out of the room, Tara looked back at Spike. “She’s with your parents down in the gardens having brunch.”

“Can you make sure she doesn’t come up here for awhile? If she asks just tell her we’re talking business.” Tara nodded and left.

Andrew came into the room looking haggard, his normally wild blonde hair was far more disheveled and his eyes were bloodshot. “Spike I located everyone of those trucks you’re looking for.”

“How on Earth did you possibly do that?” Wesley asked looking up from the papers giving him a pensive stare.

“Well all trucks have to check into weigh stations, once you know where they started, it’s a matter of hacking into the most logical weigh station they would go through. I then implemented a virus that would allow me to flag each truck and be notified on tracking without alerting the weight station’s system.” The computer nerd shrugged, waving his hand dismissively as if a caveman could have simply done it.

“And where are the trucks heading?” Spike asked.

Andrew sighed, “Three are apparently heading here from New York, Jersey, and Florida. I think the imports because they’re all port locations as the kick off point. Then there’s two heading to Florida, and one is coming up from Mexico via Texas and will probably be here. The Mexico is weighing light when they check in so I honestly couldn’t tell you what they are carrying. The three coming from the East Coast is most likely black market electronics and various things.”

“And the one heading to Florida is probably heading to Ireland. O’Connor is probably just like Heinrich and takes care of big money in Ireland. But go under the radar as to avoid export costs.” Spike informed, he ran his hand through his bleach locks trying to formulate a plan.

“Spike what are you trying to accomplish?” Wesley asked.

“Da had the bright idea to intervene O’Connor’s shipments. Finn isn’t really financially stable so it would be Angelus’ money that got them through this. What better way to make them stumble by hijacking their trucks before they reach their destinations? It’s how I crippled Angelus the first time when I took over after Ethan, just cut off major money sources.”

“That does make sense. However what could be in the truck from Mexico?” Wesley asked settling down into a chair that sat across from Spike’s desk.

“Gunn said Angelus smuggles in most of his girls. It’s pretty much human trafficking, Anya had been from Europe and was taken when she was younger. From what Gunn remembers they either go through Canada after flying most of the women from across the ocean or up from Brazil to Mexico and then hit the states. That’s the one I really want to stop. Angelus biggest income is from his brothels, no soddin’ surprise by the sick fuck that he is.”

Andrew rubbed his eyes and spoke up. “I don’t think we’ll have a chance to stop the one heading to Ireland. We’d have to fly someone out to Florida and they’re likely to hit there sometime in the middle of tonight, we’d have to track which port they’re going to leave out of. The Mexico truck is likely to hit Arizona in two days.”

Spike nodded his head. “Andrew get some sleep, you look like utter shit. Then get together with Faith and Gunn so they can figure out how they want to come across the trucks.”

“You got it boss, over and out.” The computer geek turned out of the room and slumped off to his room. Not even a minute passed before Tara flooded the doorway with two men behind her.

“Mr. Giles, your appointment with Mr. Abrahams and Mr. Wilson.” Tara said. She stepped to the side to allow the two men to enter Spike’s office. The bleached blonde stood and stepped around his desk to the men. He extended his arm for a handshake with each.

“Spike Giles.”

“Parker Abrahams” one said giving Spike’s hand a shake.

The other turned more towards Spike. “Jesse McNally.”

“It’s good to meet you blokes. Have a seat.” Spike walked back to his chair and sat down, grabbing the file that Wesley handed him. “I’m sure you both know why you’re here. It’s quite obvious what’s going on in this town.”

Both men nodded, looking at each other that were complete strangers to the other as well.

“Jesse McNally.” Spike said slowly as he re-read over the information he had on the man. “Created quite the portfolio as an arms man.” He looked at Jesse before going back to the file. “You were recommended from a good mate of yours who works for me. Xander Harris, you two were old mates right?”

“Since high school, best of friends.”

“Mhmm…” Spike said obviously unimpressed. “However at one point for two years you worked exclusively for the Finn family.”

“Yeah, about that.”

“You can bloody understand why it took Xander quite some time to talk me into considering you. While I would also find it an asset that you know much about our now enemy, I also am wary to put my trust in you. A lot is at stake here Mr. McNally, you understand that right?”

“Yes Mr. Giles. I do, and I know that it’s asking a lot to have a chance in doing business with you because I did at one point work with Finn, however I left my dealings with them and because I didn’t agree with some of their methods. I give my loyalty to you I promise you that.”

Spike stared at the man for awhile, obviously truly mulling it over in his mind. He trusted Xander like a brother, he had worked with the man since almost the beginning, and Xander’s trust in people wasn’t given easily. If Xander could still trust him, then Spike had no reason to argue with the man’s word.

“Okay Jesse, I’ll agree to it. You’ll be staying at the estate. At this time I want a man that’s on hand who can get me weapons, I don’t want to have to bloody track you down. Not only that but I’ll keep an eye on you. You won’t want to cross me or my loyalty, you’ll come to understand that.” Jesse nodded his head quietly. “Now, Mr. Abrahams. A hired assassin, it seems you to be. Good man of muscle, under the radar type. And pretty much work with everything it seems.”

“Yes sir, my father was in the business and taught me everything I know.”

“I believe your father worked with my uncle quite a few times, from what I gathered a good man. Great skills, and from what I see you adopted the same.” Parker also nodded his head. “Alright, here’s what I’m offering you. I have two people who live in this house that are my best…finger breakers as one of them likes to call themselves. Closest of my employees, and in my eyes just as good as you are. I’m not looking to bring you in this house because I need someone better. Ultimately you’ll be following from them, but I need more people, more that I can trust to get the dirty work done because let’s face it we’re in a war in this town and it’s about to get ugly. I need someone strong and someone good. I’m offering to pay for your time exclusively, and if we survive this, which I damn well expect to, then we’ll look into whether you want to stay on, but right now I do expect complete loyalty.”

“Well sir, you’re one the best in this town, and I’d likely alliance with the best than with the weaker in the middle of this war, my father raised no fool. So I’ll be taking you up on that offer.”

“Good. Now gentlemen, normally I offer residence in this house from the ranks of my own men, men who have been working for me for years, but for the sake of what’s going on obviously that’s not the case. I kill any man who betrays me, no second chances, and it won’t be slow if it comes to that simply because you are living in my house. Consider yourself warned, my business isn’t all family but here we’re tighter than blood. I have my eye on both of you gentlemen.” men stood up and together nodded in agreement. “There’s to be no talk of business front of a delectable blonde girl, if she’s upset I’m upset, so beware of your mouths, and you touch nothing that isn’t yours.”

“Yes sir.” They both said as one.

“Now Wesley here will lead you both to Xander who will get both of you settled. Good day.”

*~~~*~~~*~~~*


His study was darkened, barely any light in the room, and only the small lamp he kept on the edge of his desk was on. It was noon and outside in the world the sun’s rays covered Los Angeles, but deep in his office it was shadowed. It was the way Angelus preferred it. After he had taken over for his father, Heinrich, commonly known as The Master Angelus had taken to the office that had no windows, where the walls were paneled wood, the interior design was in heavy coloring. Darla often referred to him as a vampire, his abhorrence to light and preference for night. Though she loved it most about him, the night always brought the wicked fun, something they both reveled in.

Angelus thrummed his fingers against the mahogany wood of his desk, contemplating whether he wanted to truly take this action. It was tiny in comparison with his other grand gestures, nothing to what he really had planned for the future. However, it would be the perfect kick off to instill just the right amount of panic in his opponents.

Finn and his family were instilling a mole, there to seek information, something Angelus sneered at. Riley’s family was purely military tactics with espionage – useless in organized crime; it was no wonder why they could never get further than their place. Angelus on the other hand was about the true pain. Torment, rage, and agony. He strived to bring them out in those he really wanted to break. Hank Summers would be an easy one, he was a family man after all, oldest of the four and already with the possible threat of what Angelus O’Connor could do had him running for an alliance with Giles.

Spike on the other hand, he knew that Spike Giles would be a tough cookie to smash to crumbs. Though there was one thing Angelus knew was Spike’s weak spot. He had taken it from him before, turned his ideal against him and the bastard hadn’t even realized it was Angelus that had pulled the strings. By the time Angelus was done with him Spike would know what hit him and he would crumble. Though it would take time, but he knew it would work. The confrontation at Midnight’s had been a spur of the moment test, one that proved just how much it could really hurt Giles.

And it all started with Buffy Summers.

It was just his luck that she was daughter to Hank and Angelus was sure the object of Spike’s now deepest affections. The bleached menace that had somehow come out on top of the four wasn’t quite ripe for the pain to hurt quite as badly but Angelus was certain take Buffy Summers from his grasp at the right point and it would weaken the little shit and cause him extreme torment.

Not only would he have the satisfaction of ripping Spike to nothing, but in the end he could keep Buffy Summers and break her slowly until she craved the shadows just as much as Angelus. The little pure white swan turned into a fitting black counterpart.

She’d scream at first they all did, and then she’d want it. Want the pain, desire the abuse to the point where she was just another Darla only this one would be one Angelus had molded.

The sadistic man wanted something of this own. His father had made Darla, corrupted her somewhat, though Darla was far from innocent when The Master had gotten his hands on her. Angelus was never one to follow in his father’s footsteps had only come to the states to see if he wanted to take over for his father. He preferred the partying and living the life up where ever he wanted getting drunk and bedding any woman that was pretty to turn his head. Then Darla had come along. She had been at her father’s side, a favorite of his whores, wreaking havoc at the snap of his fingers, but the old bat-face wanted blood running the family and had sent Darla and her seducing charms to bring Angelus back in the fold of the family.

Darla had approached Angelus a night while he was residing in New York seducing socialites and barely legal prep students. She had whispered seducing words in his ear, promise of power and violence and all he had to do was come to Los Angeles and take over. Had it not been for Darla, The Master never would have gotten his son back to where he belonged. Though as much as Angelus loved Darla, found her to be the perfect match to his lists of violent desires, she would always in some way belong to his father, he had been the one to come across her first.

Deciding, Angelus sat up and began to set his plan into motion.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked it. Things are really just beginning to get started! If you're also fan of my story I'll Make You Mine, I won't be updating that story as much until I get closer to the end. I used to go every other time with updating the two stories but I really want to work on this until the end. A couple updates of IMYM might pop up now and then but mainly Mafia Mistress will only be updated.
Leave you love or hate!