Author's Chapter Notes:
OK sorry folks for the long awaited chapter but I have been moving house and it took awhile for me to get the net back. Hope you all enjoy and leave me reviews please.

A/N Buffy stuff is Joss's everything else is mine.
Chapter 4 - Fevered Reunions

“Tequila it makes me happy, oh tequila it makes me fineeeeeeeee, oh come tequila when the doors are open, oh come tequila when they call it time!” The radio blared out causing Buffy to stir. She rolled over expecting to find Spike there, but the space was empty. She sat up looking at the digital clock on the side table, 9.30am it read. Pulling herself out of bed she grabbed one of Spike’s shirts from the back of the door and headed towards the noise of downstairs.

As she reached the kitchen she realised that the majority of the singing was actually Kelly and Lucy belting out the words along with the radio. They were dancing around the kitchen making breakfast while Spike was sat at the table trying to teach he Luke how to do a Mexican wave, it wasn’t working causing much amusement to the girls.

“Morning Buffy” Lucy said seeing her guest at the door, handing her a glass of juice. “You want cereal or a fry up for breakfast?”

Buffy had been in England long enough to realise what a fry up consisted of to decline and opt for the cereal and toast option. She sat next to Spike at the table taking a bite out of her toast.

She took his hand and couldn’t help but marvel at the feeling of warmth and blood running through his veins. Then she remembered Willows call the night before. “Oh god they will be here this afternoon” she looked at the puzzled faces around the room. “Giles, Willow they are arriving this afternoon, they will be on the train now from London. Where am I going to put them. I didn’t think about accommodation.”

“You didn’t get a good look at my house last night did you?” Lucy said with a grin opening the back door. “I have a guest house out back they can have that.”

“You sure you don’t mind?”

“She’s used to letting in strays hey Spike.” Kelly grinned at him. “Often debated putting a sign on her door ’RSPCA - FOR PEOPLE’ she often refers to us as the cats - once you feed us we keep coming back.”

“Hey that wasn’t exactly the way I put it, plus I think I was referring to James when I said that, he does have a tendency of just showing up.”

They were giggling during breakfast. The morning had turned out to be a good one even with the immanent arrival of bad news. The general chitchat carried on during the morning, real family life was agreeing with Spike as it was with Buffy. They were singing along on with the stereo in the garden, playing with Luke, sipping drinks, generally having a good time, till the door bell chimed.

“I’ll get it!” Lucy chimed jumping from her seat handing over the toddler to Kelly.

She skipped along the hall way, her good mood masking the feeling of impending doom she really felt. The bell rang again just as she pulled the door open, staring at the man behind the glass she slammed it to and lent against it. A face from the past was back into her life, a face she hadn’t seen for over 6 years.

“Who is it pet?” Spike asked poking hid head around the kitchen door. Seeing the look on his charges face he walked up and moved her from the door as she ran into the living room, hiding from the visitor at the door. He pulled it open causing a smile to spread across his face. “Giles, Willow,………. “ and another stepped from behind the crowd. “Dawn……..” he trailed off wondering whether their faces read joy or horror, then he realised. They thought he was dead, they didn’t know he had come back. “Look I know shock that I’m here standing walking talking and all but I can explain, but you had better come in. Where did Lucy go?”

Giles walked into the house blanking the fact that Spike was standing in front of them, and the baffled looks the others were giving Spike. Dropping his bag he followed Lucy into the living room.

Spike watched Giles and was about to say something when he saw the shocked looks still plastered on their faces. “Ok so Buffy never mentioned that I was back did she?”

Both girls shook their heads. “Ok so long story but I will give u the cliff notes version - big battle, I got made human. Look pulse and everything.” He held his arm for Dawn to check.

“Human” was all she said before hugging him, nearly knocking the wind from him. “I missed you”

“I missed you too bit.”

“Me too” was all Willow said before joining the Spike sandwich.

A loud cough and a giggle came from the door to the garden. The group to see Kelly holding Luke trying fight back a giggle. “Not to interrupt this little family reunion, but what happened to Lucy?”

Lucy stood in front of the bay window staring into the fields that surrounded her house. The clear liquid that filled her glass she was holding was swirling round hypnotising her in some way. She heard the door creek open behind her.

“What are you doing here?” she spat out not bothering to turn to face him.

Giles removed his glasses and began cleaning them. “You’ve grown up”

“You would have noticed earlier if you hadn’t disappeared” the anger seeped from her voice. “If you hadn’t just run out one day” she put her glass down with a thud on the sill turning to face him. “Where the hell did you go?”

“I didn’t want to go……. It was complicated. Your mother told me she didn’t want me around you. So I went!” he stepped towards her.

“And since when did we listen to her. She was psychotic at the best of times, but when you went she got worse coz I had no one to watch my back.”

“Well my sister was a little wired.” He stopped, seeing the hurt frightened look on Lucy’s face. “Did she really get that bad?”

“Yes.” tears formed in her eyes. “You said you would look after me, you were all I had Uncle Ruppert.”

Giles took hold of Lucy and hugged beginning to fix some of the damage he had done. Lucy’s hot tears soaking his shoulder. “Is Buffy the reason why you were in the States?”

“Yes she was. It’s a long story but later.”

“Did you know it was me when you sent Buffy here to find me?”

“I had no idea, I am kind of shocked you have taken it so well, you never believed the stories I told you when you were little.”

“Well that’s kinda what made me so open to it. I just thought of the monster and demon stories you and grandad told me and it all started to make sense. Mum never believed did she, its that why you two were always fighting?”

“It had something to do with it yes, but it was more of a step sibling thing, you know we were step siblings?”|

“Yeah mum always yelled it at me when I took your side over hers.”

“She has a temper that one. So what’s going on with your life, what have I missed?”

“So much its untrue. I got married over three years ago to a Colonel in the army, we have a two year old, Luke! You’re a great uncle now, god that makes you sound old.” She said laughing breaking away from the hug he was still giving her.

“So where is he?”

Lucy went quiet and turned back to her window. “He’s M.I.A. He went on operation 18 months ago, his regiment got ambushed and no one has seen him since.” the tears welled up in her eyes again.

“Oh Lucy” he took hold of her again. “And your raising Luke all by yourself?” she nodded.

“Well kinda, Kelly’s here most days and Jo has kinda taken us on board since it happened. He was there when he disappeared, nearly got court-martialled trying to look for him, kinda been there for me ever since.”

Giles just smiled he couldn’t believed how much of his nieces life he had missed. He had always looked out for her when she was young and never really needed it, but now that he was really needed, he missed it all. Time to start making amends was now, but how to go about it was leaving him baffled. Then Spike pulled him from his thoughts.

“Did I see Spike answer your door?”

Lucy laughed seeing the look of surprise and disgust on her uncles face. “Yeah they kinda explained it all to me last night - he’s human. Kelly looked him up when weird stuff started happening to me, apparently her dads some sort of mythical expert and ….”

“Wait Spike’s human?” Giles took his glasses off began cleaning them again. “How is Spike human?”

“Something about a big battle or something like that.”

The door opened slowly and Buffy popped her head around carefully not sure of the scene she was about to see. She smiled as she looked at the two of them she had no idea how they knew each other but she could see that what ever the problem was it was over.

“Buffy” Giles saw her walk in. “Why wasn’t Spike’s humanity mentioned to us?”

“Well, erm, well I thought me finding Lucy was the more important, but hey he’s human that cant be bad.”

“And you two are…….?”

“Buffy and Spike sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G…….. “Lucy sang laughing, her sides nearly splitting.

“Shush…….. Well we are trying to make it work.” Giles look darkened, “well I love him I know that now and we want to make it work and, and, don’t look at me like that I have been miserable since Sunnydale happened and…….”she put her hands on her hips and stared at him “Its my life anyway.” Buffy then looked at Giles and Lucy holding each others hands. “Erm you two know each other then?”

“Well, yes, she’s my niece.” Giles smiled down at Lucy.

“Step uncle, but yeah he’s family, and stuff better just be left there I think.”
“Ok this is just proving just how much I don’t know about you in all these years.” Buffy smiled.

They all walked back into the kitchen, Kelly eyeing the older man that had entered the room, trying to figure out if she knew him or not. The face looked familiar.

“OK any more surprises? Can we all share now because I don’t know that my heart will take it. I’m already close to a coronary.” Lucy asked taking her cigarettes from the kitchen draw. She took one and threw the packet at Kelly.

“I dot think so. That’s kinda why we are here. We don’t know much about the blessed and we don’t know much about your dad either so I don’t know how this happened. You mother was a lapsed catholic after all.” Giles said wiping his glasses. “And since when did you smoke?”

“And since when did you stop?” Lucy answered taking a drag of smoke.

“My dad can help on the why” Kelly answered. “He’s been researching this for years. Kinda why the bleached one is here. I knew someone had to look after her and Luke.”

“Kelly?” Giles asked. She nodded looking puzzled. “Your dad is still researching stuff then. I knew him before I left.” The wheels turned in Kelly’s head remembering when she was younger. The penny dropped and the whole room knew about it and laughed. “And you” Giles’s attentions turned to Spike. “Me and you will be having a discussion later.

“Had a feeling that we would be doing mate. “ Spike smiled as he tightened his grip on Buffy who was sat on his knee.

“Play nicely the pair of you.”

*cough* Willow shuffled in the corned watching the proceedings. “Erm high just thought I would let you know I was so here.”

“Sorry Willow, everyone this is Willow. She kinda does the magic stuff”
“I’m not that good.” She blushed.

“OK right rooms, follow me everyone.” Lucy walked to the door leaving Buffy and Spike alone in the kitchen.

The smiled at each other before he pulled her down for a kiss. “Just like the old days. “ Buffy said kissing his neck.

“Yeah, erm Dawn was kinda quiet. I think I have to fixing to do there.”

“You do but she’ll come round.” Buffy said wrapping her self around him.

“I hope so.”