Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long folks but I got there in the end. I am still looking for a beta so any volunteers please leave me a message or drop me a line, your help would be most appreciated.
Chapter 7 - Old Faces New Problems

The vampire turned a wide grin spreading across his face. Spike growled holding Buffy back as she edged forward. “I said let her go Daniel!” his fists flexing.

“Spike?” Daniel smiled “Brother what are you doing in this hell hole?” he sniffed the air around Spike. “You’ve changed, I smell blood flowing.”

“I ain’t your brother and the rest ain’t none of your business.” He stepped forward squaring up to him.

He looked around eyeing up Spike’s company. Buffy hung behind him, the others closing in. “Ah slayer! Dru told me you were hanging out with the good guys”

“Lets not bring Dru into Daniel! Just let her go, “

“Now why would I want to do a thing like that? I mean I need her, I’m going to be the master vampire now!” he snarled “I’m going to eat when the time is right, and I’m going to walk in the sun and the humans will be mine!” An insane twinkle in his eye.

“She did a number on you didn’t she.”

“He’s one of Dru’s?” Buffy whispered stepping up.

“Yes Dru was my sire, but I think Angelus had more to do with my success”

“Angel?” she muttered.

Daniel stirred, he could tell they were stalling him. He turned on Lucy, closing in on the frightened blonde. He snarled at his henchmen to let go. Lucy could feel the hot tears beginning to well in her eyes. Thoughts of Luke running through her head, she couldn’t leave him, not now. Angry running through her veins she fought back the tears and turned her look on Daniel. She glared as he came closer his fangs bared, she could see Spike and Buffy shifting in the corner, her uncle dieing to break free from the vampires that were surrounding them. Daniel grabbed her shoulders and whispered in her ear. “I’m not going to eat you yet, I’m going to take you with me, make sure you are safe for when its time, make sure your little friends can’t do anything to you” he smirked, licking his lips.

Lucy just looked at him, her blood boiling, and with one swift kick her knee landing in his groin, knocking him backwards and to the floor. Spike and Buffy took this as there cue to begin their own fight back. Vampire dust was flying as Giles and Dawn fought there way to Lucy as she fell to the floor.

The fight parted the survivors escaped, they scoured the room for Daniel, but he had managed to escape in the rush. Giles put his hand on Lucy’s shoulder trying to help her up, she shrugged him away. “Just take me home” she stammered not looking at anyone. She got herself to her feet and walk to the door.

“Friend of yours was he?” Buffy asked trying not to sound surprised by the night.
“Kinda yeah, can I explain when we get home?” she nodded.

The drive home was quiet each wondering what Lucy was thinking. The cab driver tried to get a conversation, but all he managed was a grunt from Giles.

As they entered the house, Lucy by passed the stairs and went into the garage via the kitchen. They all watched as she went. “She’s not right!” Dawn observed “You think its hit her harder than we thought?”

Giles went to follow but Kelly pulled him back. “Just leave her for now Rupert, she needs it”

He cleaned his glasses and went to turn the kettle on, “Tea anyone?” they all nodded. Spikes temper flared and he stormed out of the kitchen slamming the door behind him. Buffy followed leaving the rest in the kitchen.

She found him at the end of the garden, the tree was bearing the brunt of his frustration. She stepped up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder calming his anger. Buffy turned him looking dead in his eyes. “Right its explainy time.”

“Daniel was Dru’s plaything, at one point she thought we needed a child, so she made Daniel. The only problem was Dru got bored of him and Angelus took over and hence we have Daniel. A blood thirsty, torturing git, hell bent on ruining the world, its got Angelus’s scent all over it.” he hit the tree again. “If I had just staked when I had the chance Luke and Lucy would be safe now and we could just get on with being us.”

Buffy smiled and stroked his cheek. “That was a long time ago and its not your fault. You are a different person now, literally, we are gonna fix this and Daniel is gonna be dust.” she smiled and pulled him down for a kiss.

He smiled and pulled her closer, feeling his frustration seep away, his hands began wandering, exploring her back…….BANG! They broke away and looked towards the garage. Their faces both said the same, Lucy!

They ran to the house and found Giles trying to break down the garage door. Music was blasting through the walls, things breaking and shattering. Spike pushed him aside and kicked it open. Lucy was hitting the wall, he anger pouring into the concrete. Holes had formed and her hands were bleeding, but yet she kept pounding at it. Spike grabbed her spinning her round, stopping her from doing anymore damage to her self. Her assault continued on his chest each punch causing pain to them both. The others stood at the door watching as Lucy let her anger loose on Spike. Lucy fell to her knees tears covering her face, Spike went with her holding her till her sobs came under control.

“Why me? Why know?” she sobbed.

“Shush it’ll be fine. We’ll fix this.” he stroked her hair.

Giles observed from the door. He couldn’t believe how close the two were, how much like brother and sister really were. He gingerly walked over to them putting his arm around his niece. Spike got up leaving the two, and the garage. Buffy followed, she could see the pain written across his face. He leant against the sink staring out into the night.

“We need to call Angel.”

“OK, dare I ask why?” she knew he wouldn’t suggest his ex sires help unless he thought it was necessary.

“He started all this. He needs to help fix it. Maybe he can get rid of Daniel for us.” he sighed turning to look at his girl.

“I’ll call him in the morning, I think we might get somewhere if its me who talks to him.” she put her head against his chest Spike winced. “She hurt you?”

“Just a little, that girl has got some punch.” he rubbed his ribs.

“Might have something to do with the prophecy. You know super strength and all.”

“Yeah maybe” he bent down and kissed her softly at first, then the intensity of the night took over them.
He twirled his fingers into her hair, pulling her closer. Both their hands explore each other, tongues fighting each other. Emoticon was taking over, they had to have each other and soon.

The passion was interrupted by a cough by the door. The pair separated to see Dawn and Willow stood in the doorway smiling.

“Sorry to interrupt. We just wondered what the plan was.” Dawn said with a smile.

“Yeah we will let you two carry on with the smooches in just a moment we promise. “ Willow grinned.

“I’m gonna call Angel.”

“Yeah the big poof started this mess he bloody well help fix it.” Spike said anger flaring in his eyes.

“Sounds like an idea but does he have to come here.” Dawn asked, her loathing for Angel almost matched Spike’s.

“He does sweetie, we need fire power by the looks of it and he has it.” Buffy answered taking Spike’s hand.

“She’s right bit, we do actually need him this time.”

“Ok then, I’m gonna make a sleeping draft for Lucy, she’s terrified Buffy, she cant imagine leaving that little boy behind.” Willow said pain in her eyes.

“I know she is Will.”

“She’s not as strong as she looks, she just hides stuff…” he was cut short by Giles followed by Lucy looking at the floor.

“I’m sorry everyone.” she smiled weakly “ I didn’t hurt you did I?” she looked at him holding his ribs.

“Its nothing love honest, go get on the couch and just relax, we are hopefully gonna have reinforcements on the way.” Spike said standing straight through the pain.

She smiled at him and went to the front room with Giles, Buffy peered through the arch, Lucy had curled up next to Giles. Buffy thought just how much like father and daughter they really looked.

“We need to help her, I cant let Giles loose her again. We’ve all she’s got.” she whispered as Spike came up behind her.

“We will baby girl we will.” he kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arms tightly around her.