Author's Chapter Notes:
OK OK I have been naughty not updating but hey life took over there for a while. hope you all enjoy and please review. Plus i am still looking for new betas so let me know guys if you are interested.
Chapter 8 - Lets begin

Buffy rolled over and looked at the clock. 5am. She rolled the other and could see spikes chest heaving with sleep. Sleep how could he sleep, after everything that had happened. She pulled herself from the bed and went downstairs. There was no point just laying there sleep wasn’t visiting her that night.

She wandered downstairs, the living room was empty but the kitchen light was still on and the door open. She looked out the opening and saw Lucy sat under the tree a bottle in her hand staring out into the night. Buffy grabbed the phone and strolled out to join her.

“What ya doin?” she asked sitting next to Lucy, pulling her top and little closer keeping the night air out.

“Contemplating my future, you?” she took a swig from the bottle.

“Couldn’t sleep. Was gonna call Angel. He should be up.”

“And what exactly does he have to do with it?”

“Long story, but ok Angel is a vampire” the look on Lucy’s face said it all. “But he’s one of the good guys. He has a sole. He sired Drusilla who sired Spike, when he was human the first time and Drusilla sired this Daniel who wants you to complete this prophecy. “ Buffy took a breath and was surprised to see Lucy understood it all.

“OK so we have Angel to blame for all of this, and we know him how. Coz I have a feeling that Spike didn’t introduce you both.”

“We erm kinda dated for a while. His sole kinda has a happiness clause and he kinda lost his sole one night.” Buffy blushed.

“You two got it on and he want back to being a typical vampire. I somewhere close there?”

“Yeah spot on there. He and Spike don’t exactly like each other.”

“I guessed that.”

That sat in silence for a while. Buffy picked at the grass as Lucy lit her cigarette, examining the scabs that had formed on her knuckles. They were healing quickly, it had always seemed weird to her how fast she healed, could this have anything to do with her being blessed. Buffy watched Lucy having some idea how she was feeling. She remembered how scared she was when she met her first vamp.

“Can you train me” Lucy asked looking at the ground. “I already figured I’m stronger than most and I wont hold u back from fighting this thing, but I’m scared and I don’t want to sit back and let this thing just take me.” she picked at the scabs embarrassed that she had admitted how scared she really was.

“Of course I will, why don’t you come on patrol with me and Spike, see what its really like out there, I think you can handle it.” Buffy said taking the bottle of vodka out of her reach. “I think she uber strength thing is part of the blessed thing though, but you may as well fight this thing with us.” she smiled catching Lucy’s eye, she smiled back.

“Want me to hold your hand while you call this Angel bloke?” she asked “You back up so he cant have his wicked way with you.”

Buffy laughed, “me and Angel are so over, though Spike needs reminding of that sometimes, cant actually believe he suggested calling him. Hope you are ready for fireworks.”

“I can handle him, teddy bear really, just understand you hurt him and I will kill you. He’s been like my big brother these few months and I don’t want to see him hurt again.”

“I wont hurt him, and yeah can you stick around while I call Angel, really don’t want to have the ’Spike is wrong for me’ conversation right now with him.”

Lucy smiled as Buffy dialled the number. She drummed her nails on the phone as the tone rang in her ear. “He cant be out he… oh hi Angel its me….. No, no, no, I’m ok but we might need your help though. Seriously it ain’t me, its Daniel.” the phone went quiet, Lucy gave Buffy a puzzled look. “You still there? Well just get here we need your help right now…. Ok I will see you tonight, bye.” Buffy hung up looking relieved. “Well that went better than expected.”

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” Lucy asked

“I don’t know, I really don’t know.”

The sun peeped over the clouds, the cold autumn air was blowing softly against the windows of the garage. Buffy and Lucy were training, using Spike’s punch and things that he had supposedly hidden in the dusty room. Buffy was impressed at how well she was picking up the techniques and moves of combat, all she needed now was experience in the field, actually fighting vampires that wanted to eat her, not just ones that were drawn on bits of cloth.

Spike wandered sleepily into the doorway, and watched as the two girls trained together, as impressed as Buffy was at how quick Lucy had picked things up. He coughed lightly, letting them know he was watching. The girls looked up Lucy embarrassed of the fact he had seen her training like this.

“Morning slayer, Lucy, what are you two doing down here?” he asked kissing the top of his girls head.
“Lucy wanted to train, so were training.” she said holding him tight.

“Yeah new day, new me!” she said with a smile. “No more feeling sorry for myself, decided I had to do something about this.”

“OK” he said letting go of Buffy, “show me what you got” he stood, his old fighting stance coming back to him.

“Your serious? You actually want me to attack you?” she said, nervous of the what he wanted of her.

“Yeah I do, I know you got a damn good right hook missy, now lets see what the slayer has taught you!”

He zeroed in on her, the pair circling each other. Lucy was petrified, she had never had to spar with anybody, any fights she had been in over her young life had been alcohol infused with no thought to planning. Buffy stood back smiling, knowing Spike wouldn’t hold, and Lucy wasn’t about to let him get the better of her anytime soon.

Spike leapt forward nearly catching Lucy unawares, but she got to him first, planting her fist on his jaw, knocking him to the floor. He sat looking at her with a smirk as he rubbed his jaw, Buffy was trying to stifle her giggles. He got to his feet again, leapt at her, Lucy flew into the air, her leg flying round, knocking off the floor and six feet backwards. Spike just lay there, dazed. Lucy ran over to him, shocked at what she had done. Her and Buffy bent over him, Lucy wiping the blood from his nose, coxing him to get up.

Spike without warning flicked her back, landing her on her back and pinned her, grinning down at her as she recovered her breath. “That was cheap blonde one!” she said trying to regain her breath.

“Cheap but necessary sweetie,” he got off her pulling her to her feet. “Don’t let your guard down till you see the dust fly. Other whys you will be the one in a grave.” she punched his arm, laughing at him.

“I get it, I get it jees, remind me not to be nice to you again for a while ok.” she rubbed her head.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked slightly concerned.

“Now he’s concerned” she laughed “Its nothing I wont recover from.” she looked at Buffy in the corner her face still red from laughter, he eyes and wanting as she watched her mate. “Now go take your bird up stairs and spend some time with her, and leave me in peace for five minutes, or I will beat your ass again, you know I can.” she smirked at him.

Spike turned to see Buffy watching him, walking forward, snaking her arms around his waist. “You heard the girl” she said kissing his shoulder blades.

She lead him towards the door, but Lucy held him back and kissed him on the cheek. “thank you.” was all she said before shooing him out of her space.

The couple ran upstairs slamming the door behind them. They could hear muffled yells from Kelly, something about a hangover, but they ignored her, they hadn’t spent much time together recently, all the crap that went on others seemed to need them more.

Spike pinned Buffy up against the door. Kissing her passionately, his hands roaming over the sweats and t-shirt she was wearing. Buffy held on to the nape of his neck, their tongues fighting for space within each others mouths. They couldn’t get their clothes off quick enough, the raw passion was there and it need to fulfilled. Once the offending articles were off, Spike lifted her on to his length, no foreplay today, it wasn’t needed, days of going without was all that was needed. Her back against the door she let out a cry of relief, she had missed his cock being in her, the feeling of completion. They began moving together, the friction building. Spike snaked his hand between them and flicked her sensitive nub, causing more moans, Buffy’s mouth exploring his neck. They looked at each other as they came, everything poured out, all the emotion of the last few days expelled. Spike fell back onto the bed, tracing lazy circles on her back.

“I love you Buffy, you know that right?” he asked his eyes slowly closing.

“I love you too baby.” she held him tight, not wanting to loose his body from her.

“Good” he went quiet for a second thoughts running round his head. “I’m gonna marry you when this is all over, we are gonna be a proper family you, me, Dawn and what ever sprogs we decided to have.” he was quiet again, waiting for her response,

“You mean it?” she said looking up, examining his eyes for any ounce of a lie “You wanna spend the rest of you life with me?”

“Yes, if you’ll have me.” he said smiling at her.

“Yes, yes, yes!” she cried kissing his face. “I want you forever now, always and forever.”

They kissed, snuggling up to one another. Holding each other tight they went to sleep happy, content and happy, thoughts of the fight ahead dispelled.

Mid afternoon Spike was downstairs playing with Luke, he had left Buffy sleeping up stairs. A knock came to the door. Lucy came bouncing out of the garage, she had been training all day, wanting to be ready for what ever will thrown at her. “I’ll get it shall I?” she said with a half smile at the boys playing on the floor.

She pulled the door open and her smile dropped as a tall dark man with a blanket on his head stood there, giving the sun the evil eye. “hey is Buffy here?”

He didn’t have time to answer before Spike pulled the door further open and grinned at Angel. “Peaches.” he smirked. “I see she called you then.”

“Why do you think I’m here Spike.” he spat out. “But I don’t get why you are though, where’s Buffy?”

“I’m here” she said sleepily as she wandered down the stairs. “Can you invite him please Lucy.”

“Come in” Lucy said, she wasn’t liking this bloke one bit so far.

Buffy wound her hands round Spike’s waist as he planted a kiss on his head. Angels jaw dropped, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“You and him, no Buffy come its Spike, have you lost your mind, he’s going to break your heart!”