Author's Chapter Notes:
An Angel in the shadows.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 12. CrawlIn in the Shadows
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok so she really really didn't feel like going to LA which was weird because since she moved to Sunnydale all she wanted to do was go back to LA. And now she had the opportunity to stay the weekend in LA, and see all her old friends. And she didn't want to. She wanted to stay so she could see Spike and it would have been perfect to, with her mom gone for the weekend. She would have had the whole house to herself and complete freedom.

But nooo she had to go with her mom because of the whole divorce thing. But she was happy because once this was over it was over for good. And that was something she was more than looking forward to.

"BUFFY, ARE YOU ALMOST DONE?"

"YEAH, MOM ALMOST JUST GIVE ME TEN MORE MINUTES"

"We have to leave soon,"Joyce said coming into the room.

"Ok, Ok"

"This is almost over sweetie."

"I know"

"What's the matter honey I thought you would be more excited about going back to LA to visit, when we first moved here that's all you talked about."

" I know... It's just... Things are different now"

Joyce smiled a knowing smile and said while walking out of the room " Don't worry sweetie, Spike will still be here when you get back"
Buffy's eyes almost bugged out of her head " that's not what I meant MOM!"
"Of course it's not sweetie!" " Five minutes and we have to go"

Ugh that that was so not the reason she didn't what to go to LA. I mean there was Willow and ... and Xander. Please she didn't even remember Spike.

LIAR!!!! Her mind screamed at her.

'She wasn't lying'

'Well maybe she was just a little but that wasn't the whole reason she tried convincing herself. Spike was just a bonus if she had stayed and her mom was really starting to get on her nerves with the whole intuitive mother instinct crap!'

So yeah, Spike was GORGEOUS, SEXY, MYSTERIOUS, and the ac.... crap she was doing it again.
"He's just a friend, just a friend, FRIEND, FRIEND" 'maybe if she just keep repeating it she would finally believe it'
"Buffy lets go"
'Not likely' she said under her breath.'
"COMING"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Laying back on his bed smoking a cigarette his mind was on one thing, or one person and that was Buffy. She said she and her mom were going to LA to finalize things with the divorce. So basically this weekend was going to be a bust.
' He was bored out of his bloody skull already'
" Guess I'll just see what's on the tele" he'd finished flipping through all the channel within two minutes and there wasn't a bleedin thing on'
Yeah he was going to be bored out of skull.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Buffy, I can't hear myself think"

"But I like this song, and my favorite part is coming up" she said in a whining voice.

It had been a while since she had seen her daughter so happy. "Fine but after this song the radio goes down a bit."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Faces I remember, I'll still see
And places in a memory, hold on to me
I can't wait to crawl out of my shell
Promises tell me in a thousand ways Movin on forever
Livin' life this way
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Everything was just as she had left it, her room everything. For some reason her parents didn't sell the old house. But after the divorce she was sure they would. Not that she care this house held a lot of bad memories for her and her mom. A lot of memories she won't be sad to see go.

"Buffy I just got off the phone with Mr. Jefferson" Mr. Jefferson was their lawyer, he was a sweet old man and funny too.

"He said you don't have to be present at the actual meeting with your father but he does need to ask you a few questions and then your free to go.

"He's on his way over , then you can hang out with Jennifer and Cindy all day if you like."

"OK, no prob"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
And I can't wait to crawl
I can't wait at all
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The meeting wasn't that long he need to know a few things, then she was off, she was really curious to see what her old friends were up to. She called them before she actually made it to LA to tell them she was coming for a visit. After the screaming and Oh my goshes they calmed down and cleared there weekend. Cindy and Jennifer were basically your typical LA girls a bit vain and shallow but deep down they were good girls. It was decided that they would spend the afternoon shopping and the night dancing at one of the hottest clubs in LA. She loved the Bronze but comparing to the clubs in LA the Bronze calmer. A lot calmer.

Walking into the club she realized one thing the club hadn't changed in the lest, except it looked like they were allowing younger girls in the club, of course you couldn't really tell at first glance because they defiantly didn't look fourteen or fifteen. There skirts were so short that they looked like band-aids and lets not talk about the tops, if you could even call them that.

"Lets find our table" Cindy said. Ever since they could remember coming to this club they always sat at the same table. It was like an unspoken rule and everyone knew it.

Jennifer got up to get some drinks "anyone want?"

"I'll have a diet coke" Cindy said.

"No thanks" Buffy said

"So how's Sunnyhell?"

Laughing Buffy remembered when she first moved to Sunnydale she would call Jennifer and Cindy upset almost every night and complain about how boring and annoying Sunnydale was that how Buffy came up with the term Sunnyhell.

"Acually it's not that bad"

"What, OH MY GOSH you totally meet a guy didn't you?"

"Oh, gosh you sound like my mom."

"You did didn't you!?"

"She did what?" Asked Jennifer walking up to the table with the drinks.

"She meet a hot guy in Sunnyhell, and she wont spill."

"Really" Jennifer asked smiling "well are you gonna make us beg or are you gonna spill!!!"

"WHAT"S HIS NAME?"

"WHAT GRADE IS HE IN?"

"WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE?"

Buffy was bombarded with questions, which she expected. At that moment she remember when Willow asked pretty much the same questions the same way.

"His name is Spike and before you ask no it's not his real name it's a nickname, his real name is William" To say that they were interested would be an understatement.

"Well how old is he, is he a senior?"

"No"

"Ewe is he younger?" Cindy asked making a face.

"No" Buffy said not looking at them "He's kinda not in high school anymore"

"OH MY GOSH!!!"

"HOLY SHIT!!!"

"How old is he?" They both asked at the same time.

"He's twenty-eight" she said waiting for the explosion.

"WOW"

"SHIT, how come were just hearing about this now, how come you never said anything. Even this afternoon you little s...."

"Is he hot?"

Two pairs of eyes immediately zeroed in on her, blowing off she answered.
"He's GORGEOUS" Buffy said putting her head in her hands.

"So what's the problem? Is it the age difference, because still not seeing the problem here. Older guys are HOT! And they have more experience if you know what I mean."

"No it's not the age, even my mom loves him"

"So I'm defiantly not seeing the problem even your mom is giving you the thumbs up and your still hesitating."

"Oh crap is he gay" Jennifer asked.

"No, he's defiantly not... it's just complicated ok."

"But there is something going on between you two right?"

She knew she couldn't deny it anymore especially not to Jennifer or Willow for that matter especially with the resolve face. Jennifer could get anything out of anyone.

"Yeah there is, I think so"

"Well good for you said Cindy"

"I soo need to come to Sunnyhell for a visit to find my own hottie" Jennifer said laughing.
She really missed them Cindy and Jennifer always had so much energy you couldn't help but to be suck into it after a while.

She really was enjoying herself. She just got off the dance floor with Jennifer walking back over to the table where Cindy was.

"Ooh liquid refreshments" she said taking a sip of water when she felt it. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She remembered the feeling she got at the Bronze when Spike was watching her, but this was the complete opposite.

She didn't feel excited at all, it felt uncomfortable and weird almost bad. Looking around the club she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe there was a vampire around or something, but she definitely didn't feel like she did when Spike was around.

"Hey Buffy that guy over there has been totally checking you out all night"

"Who" she asked looking at Cindy.

"The one in the far corner, he's basically in the shadow, tall, dark hair, dark eyes"

Looking at her "how do you know he has dark eyes?"

"Because when you were on the dance floor he was circling the dance floor looking at you and I caught a look his face."

That's when Buffy got a good look at his face, he stepped out of the shadows heading towards the exit, and a chill went down her spine, and it wasn't a good kind of chill. It's not that he wasn't good looking, because he was but there was something uncalming about him. And she got all that with just one look. But just before he walked through the door he turned and looked directly at her and smiled and then he was gone.

"Creepy Much" joked Jennifer.

"Yeah...Creepy"

And the night went on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I can't wait to crawl Cuz if I wait too long
How am I ever gunna reach my destination?
And now I know the time has come
It's all right here yeah
It's all so clear to me Eyes that open slowly
It's so hard to see
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Walking home gave Buffy time to think about everything maybe her mom and Jennifer where right, maybe she should come to term with the whole Spike thing. So yeah they kissed a couple of times and she spent most of her time with him and enjoyed how he would find little ways to touch her or be near her.
'FINE' she screamedin her mind 'I like him ok I really, really like him. It's not like she didn't know it. It's just that the more she put it off the more she felt protected somehow.
This is all his fault with him being all sexy and delicious to look at. (and his voice, all deep and sexy and the accent)

"All his fault"

Walking up her drive way she paused, something was off, looking behind her see saw nothing really off but something felt off shrugging it off she walked up to the door and went inside.
"What a night"

What she didn't know was that someone else was thinking the same exact thing. Smiling to himself "Have a goodnight Buffy"
He heard one of the little girls call her that at the club.

"I'll be seeing you soon sweetheart, real soon." he said walking off into the shadows of the night.

~*~*~*~SUNNYDALE/ SPIKE"S CRYPT~*~*~*~

"Bloody fuckin hell there close by"

"SHIT" 'something was about to go downsoon, something big.'

"The bloody Poof was coming to Sunnydale"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I've never seen an angel
But I'm trying to believe And I can't wait to crawl
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She couldn't sleep she had been in bed for more than an hour and a half and here she was still staring up at the ceiling, she wish she could talk to Spike, he always had a way of making everything seem like it would be ok. She had a lot of fun tonight and knowing the divorce was final made things seem as though they would be ok but then night something happened. And even though she didn't know exactly what it was she knew it was the beginning of something. Good or bad she didn't know, but knowing her luck it would most likely be bad. And that's how she fell asleep mentally preparing for what was to come.

~*~Across Town~*~
"Did you see sunshine Daddy, did you see her?"

"Yes I did cupcake"

"Miss Edith says she's bright, like the sun...sooo pretty"

"Yes she is Dru, she is"

"Can she be mines daddy can she?"

"We'll see Dru, now lets go in the back and play a little game"


Sunday morning and afternoon she spent with her mom, they weren't out to lunch and got ready to head home, the drive back to Sunnydale was the total opposite than when they came, a nice somber silence.

"Did you have fun with the girls?"

"Yeah we got caught up... I told them about Spike"

Joyce smiled "and what exactly did you tell them"

"That you know...just... You know"

"I'm glad that you finally see the light honey."

"Why does everyone keep saying that"

"Because it's true"

"Whatever"

"Well here we are, home sweet home"

"Yeah... Home sweet home"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
WELCOME TO SUNNYDALE
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I can't wait at all
I can't to crawl
I can't wait anymore
I can't wait anymore
I can't wait anymore
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N
Hey everyone I know it's been a while I hope everyone still remembers this story.
I'm trying really hard to update sooner. (once a week I'm gonna try really hard)
As you can see Angelus and Dru is now in the mix. What's gonna happen when Spike and his family reunite on the hell mouth.
Trouble and tragedy is just around the corner.
The song Is by THIS WAY- Crawl ( I don't know if many would remember but this song was used in a WB promo, with the cast from all the shows on the WB at the time.) You should watch the video. (It will take you back, it all ways does for me) ; )

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need reviews people it's my motivation.