Author's Chapter Notes:
I wish I could take credit for everything that is Buffy. But I can't they all belongs to Joss Whendon.
The only characters I can claim are the ones that I made up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 5 These dreams

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

These Dreams - Heart
Spare a little candle
Save some light for me
Figures up ahead
Moving in the trees
White skin in linen
Perfume on my wrist
And the full moon that hangs over
These dreams in the mist

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
She was in history class but if you asked her what the teacher was saying, she couldn’t tell you. The teacher’s mouth was moving but there was no sound coming out, not that she minded now she could day dream in peace.

And day dream she did.

Her dream was so vivid that she almost believed that it actually happened.
But that would be impossible. Wasn’t it?


Maybe it was because of her conversation with Spike that triggered the dream. It was a possibility.

She could believe her life right now one month ago she had no one and she could even imagine her life being as it is now.
So much was happening so fast, now what she had to do was sit back and try to figure some things out. Not that she would figure much out, but wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

Even though she was convinced that William and Spike was the same person, there were differences not physical but there was a difference. The way William spoke was a bit softer, gentle, and a little unsure. But you could still see a little of that in Spike.

It seemed as if Spike tried to keep that part of him self closed off. Not that she knew him or something or maybe she did and couldn’t remember.

It felt like she knew him but just couldn’t …

“Miss Summers.”

“If you could be so kind as to read the next passage…”

“Huh… oh yeah of course, what page would that be by the way?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Darkness on the edge
Shadows where I stand

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
She had to stay after school but didn’t want to, deciding to just go home that’s what she did.

To her surprise no one was home.

It wasn’t really a surprise during the weekdays her parents were pretty busy, which was ok with her it meant she could get in a few hours of peace and quiet.

Going into the kitchen to fix some thing to eat her mind went back to Spike.

Tonight she was supposed to go and see him.

She was beyond nervous.

They would finally have a chance to sit down and actually have a real conversation, were she could ask the questions she wanted to.

But some of the things she wanted to ask were kinda personal and maybe a little embarrassing, now her stomach was filled with butterflies she had to stop eating.

Maybe she should go pick out an outfit for later. Putting her plate in the sink she went up stairs.

After an hour and a half of picking and choosing she decided to go casual picking a fitted black v neck top and dark blue jeans, finishing the outfit off with black boots.

She had a little time before she had to get ready so she decided on calling Willow; she hadn’t been in school today which was a surprise since Willow prided her self on perfect attendance.

After three rings there was a pick up and an answer on the other end of the phone.

“Hey Will”

“Buffy?”

“Yeah, why weren’t you in school today are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine remember I told you my grandmother was suppose to come and visit this weekend, well she moved up the date to tonight so I had to stay home to help my mom prepare.” “You know how my mom can be sometimes.”

“I called you late night to tell you but you weren’t home yet I guess.”

“So who was the mystery guy you were talking to last night?”

“Come on spill.”

“Well his name is Spike”

“His mother named him Spike?”

“No I think it’s a nick name or something… that’s not the point the point is I meet him twice not including last night and I think I know him, I just can’t remember.”


“What, do you mean you know him from LA?”

“No I don’t think so…”

“So where do you know him from?”

“That’s just it I can’t remember, I’ve been racking my brain for a while now trying to remember and I getting nothing.”

“That’s a little weird.”

“You don’t know the half of it; I’m supposed to see him again tonight.” She purposely left out the part about where they would be meeting.

“Well maybe the more your around him the more you’ll remember or it might trigger something.”

“I hope so.”

“I didn’t get much of a look last night, but from what I saw he was defiantly a hottie.”

Laughing Buffy answered. “Yeah Wills he defiantly is.”

“So are you nervous?”

“Extremely, I only tried on thousand outfits.” She said laughing

“Well ma….” Just then you could hear Wills mom on the other end of the phone.


“Willow tell Bunny you’ll call her back later, I need you to do a few things.”

“Oh my gosh … Buffy”

“I know I heard its ok I should probably start getting ready any way. I’ll talk to you in school tomorrow ok.”

“Yeah sorry about that, and hey I want all the juicy details ok.”

“Ok Wills I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.”
“Bye.”

Laughing to my self, when will Mrs. Rosenberg get her name right?

“Ok time to prepare.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I search for the time
On a watch with no hands
I want to see you clearly
Come closer than this
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike could remember the last time he was this nervous.

He had actually gone to the store early that morning to have food in the house; of course he didn’t need it. There were some human foods he still enjoyed eating but this wasn’t about him he wanted Buffy to feel comfortable and relaxed.

So he basically bought the entire super market, everything under the moon he could think of. And that was a lot.

Buffy would be there very soon and all he could do was sit in his chair and try to pretend that he was really reading the book in his hand.

He knew there would be some topics that would come out tonight that would be very personal and to the point, and he would try to answer them as honest as possible.

The thing was he didn’t want to scare her away.

He knew sometimes he came off strong emotionally especially when it came to her, he would just have to hold himself back a bit. Unless she showed signs that she could handle it.

And he really hoped she could handle it.

He sat there reminiscing the times when he would hold her from sun up to sun down, when they where so entangled with one another they didn’t notice anything else around them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
But all I remember
Are the dreams in the mist
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Walking up his drive way she had the slight urge to turn around and run all the way home but her legs weren’t listening, they carried her all the way up the drive way to the walk way which lead up to the door.

And there she stood, she was about to knock but she gentle placed her hand on the door to tracing the pattern.
To her surprise she felt a slight shock from the other side, it didn’t hurt or any thing. The feeling was pretty pleasant.

Just then the door opened and the owner of the house stood there in a fitted cotton black shirt and black jeans.
But the cutie thing was he was barefooted.

“I didn’t knock.”

“I know.”

“Where you waiting by the door, or something?”

He smirked, “or something.”

“Well are you going to invite me in or are we going to have this conversation with me standing outside,” she asked smiling.

“Of course not pet come in.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

These dreams go on when I close my eyes
Every second of the night I live another life
These dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
Every moment I'm awake the further I'm away

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Your house is beautiful.”

“Thanks pet”

From what she could see he hadn’t lived here long.

“Did you just move in when you moved to Sunnydale?”

“Not really, I’ve been in Sunnydale for a little bit but I just recently decided to buy the place.”

“Why, I mean I don’t mean to be forward but it seemed too big for just one person, unless you don’t live alone?” She asked turning around to face him.

Smiling at the nervous way she asked. “No pet it’s just me myself and I, but I’m hoping it won’t be that way for long.”
He said suggestively.

How do you respond to something like that?

“Umm... so did you want to talk?”

“Sure pet, did you want to talk in the kitchen I could fix you something or we could just go in the living room.”

“No I’m good for now we could go in the living room.”

“After you pet.”

He sat in the recliner well she sat in the love seat in front of him.

“So how do you what to start this off pet?”

“Well how about you name?”

Smiling, “I have the feeling you already know my name luv.”

“I think I might know, but it’s a stretch.”

“And why would you think that?”

“Because my only clue was when I heard it in the…”

“Dream”

There was a long period of silence

“How did you know I was going to say that?”

“Because I was there with you”

“Well of course you were there I was dreaming,” not realizing she should be slightly embarrassed.

“No pet what I mean is we were both having the same dream at the same exact time.”

“How do you know it was the same, I never said anything about it.”

“You don’t have to, it was the same dream.”

“That’s not possible.”

“Fine pet, what was you dream about?”

That’s when Buffy actually remembered the dream they were both so casually talking about. How he did things to her body that she couldn’t even name.


That’s when Buffy's cheeks flamed scarlet as her eyes darted away from his.

“Well pet”, Spike said smirking “judging from the blush on your pretty little cheeks we had the same dream but just to make sure I tell you what happened I my dream.”

“No you don’t have to”

Purring “Oh but I want to kitten”

By the time he was finished recounting the dream she was blushing and seemed a bit flushed.

There was a comfortable silence before she said, “so I guess your real name it William.”

“Yes it is Elizabeth”

“No one calls me that anymore.”

“Well is it alright if I call you that sometimes, unless you mind?”

“No it’s fine, which would you like me to call you?”

“It doesn’t matter pet what ever makes you happy.”

She needed to move around, “Is it ok if get a drink?”

“Sure pet, would you like something to eat as well?”

“If that’s ok”

“Sure, come on in the kitchen and keep me company luv.”

“Ok”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Is it cloak 'n' dagger
Could it be spring or fall
I walk without a cut
Through a stained glass wall
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You know when I said I could eat something I imagined something a bit smaller like chips and a coke.”

“Well I already had this prepared in case you were hungry.”

“You had spaghetti and meatballs with buttered bread stick prepared in case I was hungry.”

He shrugged a little embarrassed, “I was a little nervous about tonight and had to keep myself busy.”

He looked so adorable sitting across from her fidgeting under her gaze.

“Well everything was great”

He shrugged again in embarrassment, “Thanks pet.”

“Would you like some more?”

“No thank you I feel like I’m going to pop right now.”

“Spike can I ask you a question?”

Smirking he said “you just did pet but you can ask another.”

“How old are you, are you in college?”

He couldn’t very well tell her he was over a hundred years old could he, he would try to dodge it.

“I graduated from Oxford pet.”

“When you were in England?”

“Yes”

“What was your major?”

“English literature and I minored in foreign languages.”

“Wow, and you already graduated from college?”

Know where this was going he smiled to himself, his little angel was trying to figure out his age.

“Yes”

“And did you graduate with a bachelor’s degree?”

“No pet”

“Associates”

“I graduated with a master’s degree.”

“So that would mean you’re about 26 or 27 years old?”

When I was turned he thought.

He decided not to say anything, wanting to see how she would react.

She seemed somewhat disappointed.

Finally she broke the silence.

“Oh, do you know how old I am?”

“Your seventeen pet you’ll be eighteen in January.”

“And what do you what from me, do you want to be friends?”

“No luv, I couldn’t be just your friend if I tried.”

“So you want…”

“I want to be with you, I want you to be mine and I want to be yours.”

“But don’t worry pet I won’t do anything you’re not ready for, I can wait.”

“So was this a date?”

“Do you want it to be?”

Deciding to be strait forward she answered.

“Yes”

“Then that’s what it was pet.”

Just then she saw past Spikes head to see the time it was 12:47am.

“Oh my gosh it’s late, I should go.”

“I guess we got carried away pet, let me walk you home.”

Standing up to get ready to leave, she told him “no it’s ok I…”

“No pet I’m walking you home and that’s that.”

“Ok”

Walking towards the door she looked back at the kitchen.

“Sorry to leave you with the clean up.”

“It’s nothing, lets go don’t want to make you any later than you already are pet.” Especially knowing how her father could be.

And on that note they left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The walk home even though they were moving in a rapped pace was nice.

He asked her about school and Willow or as he put it “the hyper red head.”

Finally they reached the tree by her window.

“Well this is my stop.”

“That it is pet”

“I had a great time Spike”

“I’m glad luv, but when can I see you again?”

“Well I guess tomorrow if that’s ok with you?”

“Its prefect pet but it’s gonna be a long time before I see you again tonight, so give me a kiss that'll last me till then.”

Leaning her against the tree he whispered.

"Kiss me....please baby," "I can't stand it another second.”

Pushed up against the tree as she was, Buffy was intensely aware of how his lower body pressed to hers. Once again, he the dream from last night began running in her head.

Running his fingers through her hair he heard her take in a deep breath, right before their lips met.


His tongue probed delicately between her lips, he obviously knew what he was doing, because everything was soft and sweet but the passion was defiantly there. He lightly stroked, teased, and tasted her inner cheeks.

When the kiss was over Buffy was breathless.

He whispered. "Tell me what you want...and I'll move heaven and earth to give it to you kitten."

“My brain isn’t working at the moment, so you’ll have to give me a bit of time.”

“Well I got all the time in the world.”

Giving him one more quick peck she said.

“I got to get inside”

“Get inside pet I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Ok”

She started climbing but then stop to give him another kiss.

“I just had to do that.”

“No complaints here luv”

Five minutes later Buffy was finally inside her room watching Spike walk down the road, when she couldn’t see him anymore she let out a girlish squeal and fell to her bed with the biggest smile she’d had in a while.

Finally things were looking up.

Kicking off her shoes she cuddled up to Mr. Gordo, and that’s how she fell asleep, smiling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike could be any happier things turned out well.

He could feel her she was falling asleep.

"Shut your eyes luv. Get some sleep." Spike whispered as if she were with him.

She would dream of them night, before Sunnydale. He couldn’t wait to get home to climb into bed to join her.

A few minutes later he round the corner and walked up his drive way.

Once he was inside he cleared the table and then head to his room.

He missed her already he needed her, and the only way to be with her at the moment were in their dreams.

There connection was getting stronger which meant the dreams would get more vivid, which was more that ok with him.

Closing his eyes he let the memory of her eyes and sweet lips lulling him to sleep.

And the door to their dreams opened letting him in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weaker in my eyesight
The candle in my grip
And words that have no form
Are falling from my lips
There's something out there
I can't resist
I need to hide away from the pain
There's something out there
I can't resist
The sweetest song is silence
That I've ever heard
Funny how your feet
In dreams never touch the earth
In a wood full of princes
Freedom is a kiss
But the prince hides his face
From dreams in the mist

These Dreams – Heart

~*~**~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N Just like I promised I updated again I hope you guys like it.
Remember the more reviews the faster the updates.
Hope you enjoy. That might be it for this week but you never know
I might be inspired sometime during the weekend
so look out.