Author's Chapter Notes:
I wish I could take credit for everything that is Buffy. But I can't they all belongs to Joss Whendon.
The only characters I can claim are the ones that I made up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 7 Saturate Me

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The desert I wander lacks in its mirage
There's no mistaking in the barrage
Of sand and wind that tears my skin (tears my skin)
Leaving what's without exposing what's within

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy awoke to the sound of the phone on her night stand ringing. She didn’t really care to answer it thinking it was Willow with twenty-one questions as to why she wasn't in school today. After the fourth ring she finally rolled over to answer it prepared for the avalanche of questions.

"Hello?" she asked with a groggily voice that proved she had been sleeping.

"Buffy...were you still asleep I thought you would be up by now?"

"Mom?” Buffy asked shocked to hear her voice instead of the expected teen

"Where are you aren't you suppose to be down the hall sleeping in your room?"

“I-I just needed to get out of there I was feeling a bit restless...and I had an important client that was suppose to come in today. I would have woken you but I saw you took some pills so I guess it took you awhile to get to that state of rest."

"Oh…yea I fell asleep but woke back up, my jaw was kinda keeping me from fully resting."
The other line got quiet and she was afraid she said something to upset her mother. “Mom I’m sor...”

“No it's okay... I’m okay, I’m just sorry you had to go through that again." she could hear the remorse in her moms voice a felt bad for bringing up the subject.

“Mom... I think we should...I mean if you want... I think its best if we get a restraining order place against Hank." she had stopped calling him dad long ago.

“Honey I don't think-"

“Mom just think about it, it would be a lot safer and maybe it would keep him away so there’s not a next time."

"We'll talk about this later, I should be home around eleven thirty, have to do the extra stuff for the weekend, bye honey I love you."

“Bye mom love you too."

With a sigh Buffy hung up the phone. If they got a restraining order Hank wouldn't dare come around and risk his so called image that everyone sees him for but she would worry about that later. Right now she had to find a way to get out of going to see spike.

She turned to the alarm clock only to see that it read 4:13.

'Shit I know I shouldn’t have took those pain killers I-I don’t even have time to make up a plan, I was suppose to be there by six thirty.'

She jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom almost falling in her haste.

She pulled out all her concealer and cover up including her moms so she could hide the wonderful black and blue bruise she was sporting.' okay.. okay, Buffy think its still early, its working hours still.

He should be at work so I can just run over there and leave a note on his door saying that um.. that I'm-I'm sick!....no if you were sick you wouldn't go all the way to his freaking door to leave a note.'

At this point she really wished she had gotten his number. ‘okay...I'll leave a note saying...my mom has a big important client coming in (which is true) and wanted my help with a few things!'

She smiled with triumph with her semi lie then soon regretted it when she felt the throbbing in her jaw reminding her that she had only covered it up and that it was still there.

She looked in the mirror at her handy work. She managed to completely cover up the bruise but there wasn't much she could do for her busted lip. With a sigh she applied some Chap Stick hoping that would help it heal faster.

She then ran back into her room to find a quick outfit. Nothing to cute since she wasn’t planning on seeing anyone, especially Spike she didn’t think she could see him until everything was a hundred percent gone

The last thing she wanted from Spike was his pity, for him to think of her as weak.

That was part of the reason no one knew how her home life really was.

The only thing keeping her going was the thought of graduating and going to college, living in a dorm room away from her father.

But even then she couldn’t leave her mom alone with him, she wouldn’t she just had to figure something out.


She pulled out black cotton tee and some light blue fitted jeans and topped it off with her black boots.

She glanced out the window and saw that it was cloudy. ‘Probably gonna rain' she thought she grabbed her black fitted hoody and headed towards the door picking up a small umbrella and her keys on the way out. She opened the door and froze. There standing in front of her was the one person she was trying to avoid.

SPIKE.

~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Forsaken, left here
In my barren desolate...

My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Rain down on me with life
My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Storm around me, bring the tide
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Spike sat on his couch in the living room. He had been pacing around most of the day anxious to get to her. He had felt pain through the link but then it faded away and he could feel peace. He guessed she had fallen back to sleep.

He went into his training room and tried to do a few exercises to get his mind off what he really wanted to do but all he end up doing was beating the shit out of the punching bag.

And he was still left feeling anxious and now annoyed because his punching bag was now ruined.

Sliding to the floor he tried to calm down and focus on Buffy even if she was sleeping focusing on her calmed him down a lot.

He never felt like this before he felt like a caged animal.

He knew why he was reacting like this.

It was because his demon viewed Buffy as his mate in every way possible and the fact that he couldn’t be there for her when she need him was tearing him up inside.

All he could do was send comfort through the link.

He didn’t know how long he sat there but he felt when Buffy woke up, she seemed fine but that didn’t make him any less anxious to get there.

Getting up going up stairs to his room to take a shower and change by the time he was through with all that he should be able to leave without too much trouble.

The cloudy weather made it possible to leave as early as he was, he should be fine.

The shower calmed him down a bit more; his muscles were tense from his vigorous work out earlier.

Dressing in his usual uniform black jeans, black fitted t- shirt, with the red shirt, black boots, and his duster.

He was set to go.

He had not one soddin clue what he was going to say to Buffy, or how he was going to approach the subject.

He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable. Because knowing Buffy she would draw away from him and shut down and he needed her to open up to him, for both there sakes.

He kept a steady pace to her house.

Seeing her house as he rounded the corner he prepared himself for anything.

Her fathers’ car wasn’t in the driver way ‘good thing to’.

Joyce’s car was also gone, so she was home alone or not home at all.

He hoped she was home alone.

Just as he was about to knock the door the door knob turned and he was face to face with the person he'd been dying or should he say living to see.

BUFFY

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

My days stretch long into the heat
As the sun brightens my defeat
My lips are chapped, they're parched and dry (parched and dry)
My thirst it builds, with every day gone by....

Forsaken, left here
In my barren desolate...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




Spike flinched in sympathy when he saw her face, even though she wore makeup the burse was still visible to the eye and her lip was split.

The expression she wore was one of complete shock.

He knew he caught her off guard it showed on her face.

"You all right?" he asked, hoping to distract her with his sincere concern he knew the first thing out of her mouth would be “what are you doing here?’ and he wasn’t disappointed.

“What are you doing here?”

"Why? Why are you here I thought I was suppose to c…”

“I don’t know for some weird reason I got the feeling you weren’t gonna show up, so I decided to come over to see the reason why that might happen.” Deciding he wasn’t going to beat around the bush he came right out with it.

“What happened luv?”

Once again he caught her off guard.

“With what… oh you mean this… it’s nothing I just fell down the stairs you know sometimes I could be a total klutz…”

But from the expression he wore he wasn’t buying a word of it.

She couldn’t look at him she didn’t want to see him look at her with pity in his eyes.

“Look it’s nothing, just a little family dispute that got out of hand nothing to get all huffy about so you can stop looking at me like that ok.”

“And how is that luv?”

“Like that… like poor little pathetic Buffy she can’t e…”

“Now stop right there love the only thing I was thinking was how I should kill that sick fuck.”

“Spike I don’t need this right now, I know you only want to help but I think…”

“Pet can we finish this discussion inside, can I come in?”

“Oh… yeah come in sorry”

He had it an invitation to the house, now nothing could keep him away from Buffy if he ever needed to get to her.

Buffy turned around; pushing several loose strands of blonde hair out of her eyes as she quickly gazed around.

“Do you want anything to drink or eat?”

“I’m fine sweetheart, I’m here about you.”

“Oh... well umm I was just about to come by to leave a note because um I wasn't coming because I-I have to study for this huge test on Monday an...”

“Luv, its Friday the real reason you weren’t coming was because you didn’t want me to see you like this." he said gesturing to her busted lip and swollen cheek.

“well do you blame Me." she said under her breathe turning to the living room to take a seat not thinking he heard her.

Spike with his vampire hearing did hear her, and looked at her with disbelief. “Did you think I would think any less of you, that I wouldn't want to see you anymore because of something you have no control over."

She sat down looking at her hands. “Spike you don't even know me that well did you expect me to come running to you for comfort." she asked with a hint annoyance in her voice

“We could know each other better if you would just let me in."

“It’s not as easy as you make it sound spike”

“I know it’s not easy luv but can you try anyway, please?”

What could she say to that really? “I’ll try my best.”

“That’s all that I ask pet, is that you try and let me in.”

“If ever you need anything Buffy”

“I know, I know”

“No you don’t pet I want you to have this” he said pulling out a key.

“What’s this for”

“It’s my house key sweets, if you ever need a place to stay you well come to come any time you like.”

She gave him a look as if he just lost his mind.

“What’s the look for pet?”

“Well maybe it’s for the fact that we haven’t even been in a relationship for a month and you’re already giving me your house key, I know you’re only doing this because you feel sorry for me but you can keep your pity beca…”

“How many times do I have to say this Buffy the last thing I feel for you is pity."

She looked into his crystal clear blue eyes and saw the truth behind them. She nodded but didn't reach for the key. “Thanks Spike but I think I’ll be okay, and plus it would feel kinda weird me being in your house while your away at work.


“I don’t' work." he said simply

She looked at him as if he grew another head. ' oh god he’s probably in the mafia or something...with a house that huge you gotta work… he probably has dead bodies in his-" She was cut short from her thoughts when she heard him laugh

“Don’t worry pet I’m not into that underground mafia stuff...I’m not even Italian."

“Oh right British accent and all how could you… wait how do you always know what I’m thinking and feeling, are you like a mind reader and work over your phone." she asked jokingly

He laughed happy to see that she was more comfortable and joking again. “Let’s just say I was born into money, but if I did have a job I would be retired by now” he threw the last statement in to see if she would catch it.

“Retired...? You make it sound like your eighty or something.

“A little higher pet”

“Yeah right”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Rain down on me with life
My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Storm around me, bring the tide

The dunes that shift, drift and lift in the wind
Cover up my Hope, as I start to give in
To the cracks and creases and the dips in my will
As I am pushed toward the brink, I drink down and swill

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I should probably go pet I know Joyce should be coming home soon.”

“I won’t even ask how you know my moms name and what time she comes home.” She told him walking him to the door.

Smiling he said “I’ll call you tonight and tell you pet.”

Buffy had to laugh at that, “or how you got my number to my personal line.”

Coming closer to her he asked “what are you doing tomorrow?” He asked as he trailed his kisses along her jaw.

Did he really expect her to be able to form words with what he was doing? She was finding it hard to concentrate as he did that, so she moaned a bit before answering

“Nothing much… I think I’m free”

“So tomorrow you’re completely free?”

“Y-Yes”

“When can I see you?

“It depends on you, when do you want me to c…”

“All the time,” he whispered hoarsely and kissed her quickly. “I better go pet before…”

“Yeah I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I better, nite luv I’ll call you later.”

“Ok I’ll be waiting”

“I hope you are” and before she knew it he was gone.

How come he always seemed to vanish, even when he’s right in front of you?

Just as walked in to the living room she saw her mom pull up in the drive way, through the window.

“And he always has prefect timing.” For everything, especially the first night they met.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Rain down on me with life
My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Storm around me, bring the tide
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Mandy Moore


A/N

I Know I know, you probably thought I gave up on this story.
But I haven’t I just had a very wacky schedule lately my grandmother just recently
Came out here for a visit, and since then everything’s been a little crazy.
But things have calmed down so I have more time to update now.
Thank you for your patients, and I hope you enjoy the update.
OH and I did make some slight changes in chapter6 so enjoy.

PLEASE I need reviews the last two chapters I didn’t get as much reviews, I would like to know what
My readers think so don’t be shy.

Thanks. ; )