Author's Chapter Notes:
I wish I could take credit for everything that is Buffy. But I can't they all belongs to Joss Whendon.
The only characters I can claim are the ones that I made up.



AUTHOR NOTE- OCT-01-06
I'm am so sorry u guys I know I haven't updated in a while and I am really sorry I just had a lot on my plate, but I will be continuing the story and I hope to have chapter 10 out by the 4th of this month which is soon. I hope u all aren't 2 upset with me.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 9 Love doesn’t ask

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Love doesn't ask why
It speaks from the heart
And never explains
Don't you know that
Love doesn't think twice
It can come all at once
Or whisper from a distance

Don't ask me if this feeling's right or wrong
It doesn't have to make much sense
It just has to be this strong
'cause when you're in my arms I understand

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike didn’t make any sudden movements he didn’t want to scare her away but judging from the expression in those lovely eyes of hers told him it was already to late for that, she looked confused, scared, and hurt and it bothered him terribly. Making him unsure of what to say next?

This is not how he planned the day to go, but he also told himself he wouldn’t lie to her.

He wanted to take that look from her face, the look of fear and replace it with the smile she'd given him earlier.

He had to admit he felt somewhat lighter now everything was out in the open, well almost everything, and he was curious to see how she would react.

But now a few minutes went by and she wasn’t saying anything.

“Pet… did you hear what I just said?”

Still nothing.

“Buffy”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

‘A vampire … he said he was a vampire. He thinks he’s a vampire; he was too good to be true. This guy had to be crazy, but the little voice inside her head whispered, ‘then how do you explain his eyes turning that glowing yellow color? And remember this is Sunnydale aka Sunnyhell where people turn up ….’

“Buffy”

He could almost see the wheels in her head turning and thought it best to give her time to think.

‘People turn up with puncture wounds in their necks all the time … and he is really pale, oh my god! He didn’t want to go out on the balcony; everything was coming together inside her head.

Buffy finally noticed just how trapped she was, her only exit was through him she looked around for an escape and found none but the window.

The sun was still out and one thing she did no was that if he was a vampire he wouldn’t be able to come near her if she was in the sun light. Faster than she thought she ran over to one of the large windows and drew back the thick curtain, letting the sun light in.

Spike was mostly covered by the shadow except for his hand which got caught in the light.

She turned around just in time to see the smoke rise from his burnt hand; her eyes grew wider if that was possible. If she had any doubts which she did, it all when to hell the moment she saw that.

“Stay away from me”


“Well if you would calm down and take a seat I’ll explain it all to you.”

“No thank you I’m fine standing and I think you should just stay away from me, or better yet I’ll leave, so I’ll just go home now and…"

She couldn’t really leave anyway because he was blocking her escape and she already knew he wasn’t going to let her go. She knew the best thing for her to do was for her to stay in the sunlight.

“I can’t let you leave pet… not like this, I need to explain a few things first then you can leave and I won’t try and stop you.” Spike forgot about his hand and focused on Buffy.

“And if it’s time that you need then I’ll give it to you, but please pet let me explain”

"There's nothing to talk about...not anymore.”

“You know that’s not true pet, we have a lot to talk about, you just don’t want to talk about it.”

“Can you blame me?”

“No luv I can’t”

“Will you stop calling me that!”

“Why”

She was going to say ‘because you don’t feel it’ but that didn’t seem too smart at the moment.

“Because I’m sure you don’t have pet names for your foods”

Spike had enough of this, it wasn’t getting them anywhere.

“Your not food to me kitten, you never were.”

Trying to add a little humor to the situation Spike said “Buffy hiding in the sun won’t do you much good, the sun will go down eventually, you’ve got about two hours.” he said casually.

But as soon as the words left his lips he felt like kicking himself, ‘that’s not what you say to a chit who thinks she’s your next meal.’

“I’m sorry luv, I guess that’s wasn’t the best time to put my foot in my mouth.”

“Is that why you stopped me that night in the park? Thought I would be a better snack, didn’t want all that blood to waste?”

She didn’t know where that came from but at the moment she felt bold maybe it was the fact that she knew he couldn’t come close enough to hurt her, not with the sun up. But if he was right the sun would be setting soon then where would that leave her? Dead most likely. But she still had a little time to come up with a plan.
But did she really need one; he had a lot of opportunities to hurt her if that’s what he really wanted. So what did he want?

“You know I would never hurt you, so why don’t you just come over here with me so we can figure all this out.”

“Well either way I’m fine just where I am, so I’ll just stay here.”

“Fine you can stay over there for two bloody hours see if I care.” He sat down in one of the chairs out of the sun light facing her.

Buffy sat down on the floor making sure she was in the sunlight.

They sat in silence for about thirty minutes, everything sinking in for Buffy. Then she remembered something but it didn’t make any sense.

“You breathe, I thought vampires don’t breathe?”

Spike actually looked a bit taken back she had been silent for a while and she barely made eye contact, now she was directly addressing him, she wasn’t shying away from the discussion anymore she wanted answers and she was going to get them.


“I don’t need to breathe but I do, It’s a comfort thing for me, like eating human food.”

“So you drink blood then” She was really afraid to hear the answer to this question but she needed to know.

“Yes Buffy I drink blood, but it’s not what you think, I go to the butcher I’m bagging it.”

“So… its animal blood right?”

“Yes”

“So your not hurting humans?”

“No luv I don’t”

‘She asked if he was hurting humans not if he ever hurt a human.’

“But there’s always bodies being found with the weird punctures in the neck.”

“There are vampires everywhere Buffy especially here in Sunnydale.”

“And they eat people but you don’t.” “Why don’t you?”

“You’re not ready to know that yet but let’s just say it’s not my thing.”

“Why can’t I know I thought you wanted to talk?”

“We are talking.”

“Fine next question…what do you want from me.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We don't try to have a voice
When our hearts make the choices
There's no plan
It's in our hands
Love doesn't ask why
It speaks from the heart
And never explains
Don't you know that
Love doesn't think twice
It can come all at once
Or whisper from a distance


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“I want what we had before you found out what I was Buffy, or at least what was beginning to happen, I want us to be together.”

“I’m not sure we can have that now.”

“Why can’t we luv, who says we can’t?”
“What do you mean why can’t we because everything’s changed now Spike, we can’t pretend like this never happened, or ignore it, because it will always be there!”

“Do you honestly think I would hurt you in anyway?”
“That’s not the point.”
“What is the point?”
“That-that well you…you drink blood and that’s just one of the many points.”

“ No its not…I scare you because I’m not your normal everyday boyfriend and even with that deep down inside you still want to be with me and it makes you question yourself, makes you think there’s something wrong with you.” He could tell her hit the sore spot but he knew she wasn’t ready to admit it to herself. “If you need time I’ll give it to you, just please consider it, consider me.”

He was right and she knew it, she did want to be with him but this wasn’t her fairy tale. Somewhere deep down she knew she wanted him needed him. Who wants normal anyway, why not make her own fairy tale? But she still needed time.
The thought that a vampire would want a relationship with a human intrigued her.
“Would you turn me into a vampire?”
“God no, I lo-like you just the way you are, if I wanted to turn you there were many opportunities where I could have, please just trust me.”

She didn’t know where in their conversation it had happened but she realized she wasn’t afraid any more. Just looking in his eyes she could see the truth. And everything he said about him not being normal was also true; she always had this perfect normal life planned out. She was determined to have a true lasting relationship unlike her parents.

She slowly rose to her feet and pulled the curtains back into place blocking out her only protection but somehow she knew she didn’t need it.
She walked back over to the couch where it all began. Still making sure there was a little distance between them.

He was in a bit of shock that was the last thing he expected her to do. “You know what I am now Luv… are you going to stay away from me?”
Not that if she decided she would he would stay away.
The weird thing was even though he had only been in her life for a short amount of time she couldn’t imagine her life without him again. Buffy really looked at him, she looked in his eyes and she saw the fear and sadness in them, as if he was preparing himself for the rejection.

And with that something inside of her broke, she couldn’t explain it; it was as if she was feeling everything he was feeling at that moment and the strange thing was she didn’t want him to feel that way, she wanted to comfort him. She wanted to take his pain way. She never saw him like this before he was usually confident and cocky, something told her he didn’t let others see him like this, his eyes were so expressive she wondered if he knew she could see all of his emotions through them. And what she saw more than anything was vulnerability.
“I trust you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Now I can feel what you're afraid to say
If you give your soul to me
Will you give too much away
We can't let this moment pass us by
Can't question this chance
Or expect any answers
We can try
But love doesn't ask you why

(instrumental)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
But she need time, time to sort everything out.
But the weird thing was even though he had only been in her life for a short amount of time she couldn’t imagine her life without him again.

She didn’t even know how she lasted as long as did without him in her life before. But now that she had him she couldn’t go back to that life, it seemed so long ago.

That he didn’t expect, she wasn’t going to run away, she wasn’t going to leave him. He didn’t think it was possible but his love for her grew with those three little words.

Buffy felt the hair on the back of her neck stand at attention, the look he was giving her right now was smoldering.
His eyes were as dark and penetrating.

A look she had seen before burning into her with a look that made her body tingle with awareness of him, of his sexuality, his masculinity. She then remembered every moment of their brief encounter under her tree by her window and the dreams she’d had.

Buffy honestly didn’t know what was creepier: the fact that Spike had wanted her and he was a vampire, or the fact that, despite all sensibility, a part of her had very much wanted him and wasn’t as bothered by this new discovery as she should be. Wanted him the way she knew he wanted her.

There was no denying her attraction to him

"Buffy..."

He went over to his desk and picked up a book. Slowly he walked up to her happy to see that she wasn’t afraid. “I want you to read this book; it has everything you’ll need to know about vampires.”
The book was really heavy and old; and it looked like it would be worth a lot of money. It would take a while to read this book but for some reason she knew when she started it she wouldn’t be able to put It down.
“I will.”
He knew she needed time, she needed time to think about what she wanted, the last thing he wanted to do was scare her off. And granted Spike wasn’t exactly the best decision-maker in the world, he knew it was for the best.
She looked down at the book he handed her for a second then looked back up to meet his crystal blue eyes she had gotten so use to. “I trust you Spike, please don’t make me regret it.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
So let's take what we found
And wrap it around us

Love doesn't ask why
It speaks from the heart
And never explains
Don't you know that
Love doesn't think twice
It can come all at once
Or whisper from a distance

Love doesn't ask why
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~






TBC
A/N I know, I know, don’t kill me. This chapter is was a bit difficult I wanted her reaction to be as realistic as possible but Buffy, if that makes any sense. I wanted to show even though she found out What Spike really is, and she is a bit put off by it, their bond was strong enough to over come it.
Be sure to read the next couple of chapters things get really shake up.

REVIEWS I need them.
That’s my motivation to update quicker

Song by Celine Dion/ Love doesn’t ask why.

Sorry for the delay in updates (Especially to Kimmie ; ) )

Drawings of Buffy and Spike r from
http://zindy.zone.dk/ ( Really good site.)

AUTHOR NOTE- OCT-01-06
I'm am so sorry u guys I know I haven't updated in a while and I am really sorry I just had a lot on my plate, but I will be continuing the story and I hope to have chapter 10 out by the 4th or 7th of this month which is soon. I hope u all aren't 2 upset with me.