Chapter Three

Buffy followed the swarms of students making their way to the lunchroom. So far, her plan hadn’t gone as well as she had hoped. She had met absolutely nobody and talked to … you guessed it, absolutely nobody. Well, that is, If you didn’t count the pervert who pulled on her skirt. Jerk.

She got to the red double doors and paused, weighing her options. One. Sit at a table by herself… Two. Find a random table and join whoever was in it… Three. Run to the library and eat lunch alone.

Glancing around the packed cafeteria, Buffy decided to go with option three and make a run for it. But, before she had a chance to turn around, she felt her arm being grabbed from behind.

“Hi, I’m Cordelia!” a brown-haired girl with a bouncy ponytail chirped, flashing Buffy a wide smile. “I heard you’re the new girl from L.A.! So, how do you like Sunnydale so far?”

“How-“

“Oh, news travels real fast,” Cordelia cut her off, then started leading her through the throng of students to her lunch table, “You know how it is. Small town, people gossip, before you know it, you have no secrets. Or at least, no secret that nobody knows about.”

They got to a table that was already half full. The occupants looked up at them and Cordelia happily began the introductions.

“Everybody, this is Buffy. Buffy, this is everybody.”

Then, she plucked out a seat for Buffy to sit in and dropped into the chair next to her. The people at the table just laughed at Cordelia’s flippant ‘introduction’ and a dark-haired boy decided to take the initiative.

“That’s Cordy for ya… Hi, Buffy, I’m Xander,” he grinned, “Alexander when you’re mad at me, Alex if you’re my grandmother, Xanman if you must, … and Xan-the-man when you feel real– “

“Xander,I’m the only one that’s allowed to call you that,” a blonde cut in, sending Buffy a warning look. Xander put his arms around her and whispered something in her ear, making her eyes widen. She shook her head at him, “No, Xander, I only call you Pookie when you’re about to give me orgas-“ he clamped his hand over her mouth and the rest of the word came out muffled.

“The girl with the big mouth is Anya,” a girl with a slight accent, pale skin, and dark hair said. She raised her chin and tilted her head. Buffy fought the urge to gulp at the girl’s even gaze. “My name’s Drusilla. It’s nice to meet you, Buffy.”

…………

Spike spotted Angel and Oz sitting with a few soccer players at the far end of the cafeteria and carefully made his way through the crowd of students walking around with hazardous lunch trays begging to be tipped over and dropped down someone’s shirt. Some girls called out to him and waved, some guys slapped his back, other people greeted him and he grinned back at all of them. So far, being a senior felt bloody great. It was about time to rule the school.

“Hey Spike,” a hand trailed up his arms and Spike turned his head to see Harmony looking up at him through long lashes. His eyes moved passed her head and he noticed Drusilla sitting at a table, staring at the two of them. Well, well, well… he turned back to Harmony and flashed her a melting smile.

“How’ve you been, Harm?” he slipped an arm around her waist and she pressed herself against him, lavishing up the attention he was giving her.

“Better now that I’ve seen you,” she flirted, flinging her hair back and bringing her face closer to his. “I heard about you and Drusilla. Gosh, that must really suck being dumped like that, Spikey. If you ever want somebody to talk to… you know where I am. Here. Right… next… to you.”

He sent her off with a peck on the cheek then looked around to see if Drusilla was still watching. Disappointed to see her caught up in an animated conversation with the new brunette girl he had met earlier in Calculus, he sighed and walked up to his lunch table.

…………

“Dude,” Devon said, mouth full of hamburger, “You meet the new girl yet?”

Spike’s eyes flickered in her direction and he shrugged. Angel, Oz, and Riley followed his gaze. Angel gave a low whistle, raking his eyes over as much bare leg he could see from under the table. Riley nodded his appreciation.. he didn’t know how to whistle.

“She’s hot, man,” Angel approved, dipping his French fry in mayonnaise. Spike watched him and pretended to gag, earning himself an annoyed look.

“You know how gross that is?” he pointed at the mayonnaise-drenched French fry hanging out of Angel’s mouth. Angel rolled his eyes.

“I should,” he answered, swallowing and going for another, “You told me everyday at lunch last year.”

“Well, some things don’t change, do they Peaches?” Spike smirked, popping open his soda can and taking a swig.

Angel picked up a fry to chuck at him and grinned. “You’re one to talk, Captain Peroxide.” He threw it and missed, making Spike start laughing again.

“Gotta touch up that aim, now,” he mock-glared, “Seems like you’re a bit lacking.”

Devin cut in their banter and raised both eyebrows at Spike. “Hey Spike, man,” he started, “Angel and Oz told me something interesting this morning…”

“Oh yeah?” Spike asked, “And what would that be?”

“Something about your expertise,” Devin continued, then looked over at Oz, “What was it again?”

“Women,” Oz supplied and Devin nodded.

“Yeah,… so, when did pleasing women become your expertise, dude?” he asked, grinning. He could feel a bet coming up and wanted to see if Spike would fall for the bait.

“Always been,” Spike’s smile turned daring as he leaned back in his seat. “What can I say? I’m quite the charmer.”

“Yeah, and Dru must have been so charmed…” Angel snickered. Spike took an open ketchup packet and flung it at him, hitting him squarely in the chest. Angel jumped up and glared, “What the hell, man?”

“What, you don’t believe me?” Spike put his hands behind his head, shrugging off Angel’s outraged look. “I can have any and every girl in this school on their knees begging for more. And you. know. it.”

Devin saw his opportunity and took it. “So… you’re saying if we pick any girl in this cafeteria – “

“Granted, she doesn’t already have a fellah,” Spike cut in. Devin nodded and continued.

“So, if we pick any single, free, available girl in this cafeteria… you’ll have her on her back in record time?”

“Give me a week or two, and she’ll be more than just on her back,” Spike said, smugly. “You can bet on it.”

Angel gave Devin a look of comprehension and slowly started to smile, despite the state of his red-stained shirt. Riley and Oz looked on in silence, sensing what was about to take place.

“I think I will,” Angel looked Spike straight in the eye. “I’ll pick any girl I want, and I’ll give you two weeks to get in her pants. If you do, you win. If you don’t… ”

“Oh, don’t fret, Forehead. I won’t lose. Pick your lucky girl.”

…………

“No,” Spike shook his head, setting his fist down on the table. “There’s no way.”

“Aw, come on, man,” Angel grinned, staring at the overweight girl in overalls they had just been assessing. “She’s not that bad. I heard the extra skin’s good for leverage!”

“Bloody hell!” Spike widened his eyes, “That’s not extra skin! That chit can get liposuction and it’d still be more than extra skin! No.”

Angel sighed, and shifted his gaze across the cafeteria. Suddenly, he perked up and pointed out another girl, “Ooh, how about that one?”

Spike followed his hand and groaned. “When I told you to pick out a girl, I meant she had to be straight, you soddin’ prick.”

Tilting his head, Angel furrowed his eyebrows, “Wait, what?” he studied the girl, closely. “I didn’t know she was a lesbian… just… manly.”

“Yeah, you would think that,” Spike grumbled. “Moving on…”

Devin interrupted them. “Hey, Spike, what do you think of that new girl?”

“Virgin,” he said, absentmindedly and took a swig of his soda. He didn’t realize that a small smile had crept up his lips as he remembered the little peak he had gotten of her virginal, white little panties.

Angel looked up, surprised. “How would you know?”

“Trust me, mate,” Spike shook his head. “I know.”

“Hmm,” Angel thought for a moment. Then, he said, slowly, “Think you can bed her in two weeks, Spike?”

Spike’s eyes suddenly lit up as his head automatically turned to watch Buffy as she recrossed her legs and laughed across the cafeteria.

“You bet I can.”




.........................
A/N: Hey, thanks for the reviews guys, i really, really appreciate the support. For those of you waiting on 'Stronger'... i've got the new chapter halfway written. There's a lot of heavy stuff and it's kind of difficult to write it right... so you can probably expect that up within a day or two, give or take.

For the record... this fiction should remain pretty light-hearted throughout MOST of it. I got the idea when i was rewatching "She's All That". It's not going to be the same as that movie at all, but as you can see... there will be some light angst. Nothing so bad that you'll cry your eyes out, though. At least i hope not. I guess i really can't tell from this point in the story. Hope you guys liked this chapter. Review! Yay!