thanks for the reviews guys, they make me feel a lot better about writing. I hope you guys aren't THAT hard on Spike, b/c if you think about it... he's a high school guy... a rich, obnoxious, high school guy... and sometimes when i see some of the guys at my school and the way they talk about girls?... this spike seems like a gentleman.

NOT that i'm condoning his actions... i just don't think people should be saying that "he doesn't deserve" Buffy just yet.

anyways... hope you like this chapter.



Chapter Four

Buffy shifted uncomfortably in her seat as Xander, Anya, Drusilla, and Cordelia talked animatedly about an upcoming party. She really wasn’t accustom to sitting at a lunch table with a group of people, especially if that group of people had willingly accepted her and liked her. It was all a little overwhelming for her. Taking a sip of her juice, she tried to loosen up and appear calm. Rule number fifteen: Nod, smile, relax, be cool, calm, and collected.

“So, you up for the Bronze tonight, Buff?” Xander turned his smile her way and Buffy blinked a few times, trying to comprehend the question.

“Uh… the who?” she asked, confused, looking around the table.

Cordelia piped up. “Oh, you have to go,” she insisted, putting a hand on Buffy’s arm, “It’s like the only club worth going to in this town. As I’ve told you. This town is like, way dead.”

“As opposed to… just a little dead, right Cordy?” Xander rolled his eyes, but grinned nonetheless. Cordy sent him a little glare, then refocused her attentions on the new brunette girl.

“Forgive him,” she smiled, pretending to seem apologetic, “he can’t help it that he’s a spineless worm.”

“Hey!” Anya snapped her head away from Xander’s neck, “He may be a spineless worm, but he’s my spineless worm!”

Xander groaned, “Not helping, Ahn.”

“When’s the last time you’ve seen a worm with a spine?” Drusilla asked, seeming a little bored and swirling her mashed potatoes around in her plate. “You’re just a worm, Xander.”

Buffy smiled at how easily her new friends talked to one another. She had heard somewhere once that you could measure the comfort factor between people by their ability to insult each other without taking offense. Taking a deep breath, she decided to try it out… after all, she was trying to fit in.

“I think you’re a grasshopper, Xander,” Buffy put in her two cents, smiling at the table. She was met with silence from all around. Drusilla stopped playing with her potatoes, Anya turned to stare at her, Cordelia dropped her fork, and Xander gaped. What? Was grasshopper… something bad to say?

Suddenly, they all burst out laughing, choking on their food as they did so. Drusilla covered her mouth with a pale hand. “I think you’ll fit in fine,” she smiled through her fingers.

Buffy sat back, pleased with herself. She had just told her first joke and people had laughed. Granted, it wasn’t really funny, but still. She had made people laugh and that was definitely an improvement from the normal sneers she was used to receiving.

Getting a strange feeling that she was being watched, she furrowed her eyebrows and twisted around in her seat. She had been getting that funny tingling feeling all through lunchtime, as if somebody was staring intently at her.

Glancing around, she found her green eyes locked with the blue of the bleached blonde pervert in her Calculus class. Her eyes widened momentarily and when he lifted the sides of his mouth up in a smirk, she quickly turned back to her table.

…………

Drusilla Capuls walked through the semi-empty halls to her English class, alone. She had left lunch early to meet up with a special somebody by the water fountains. As she walked, she started thinking about the new girl in braids that she had just met and she couldn’t help but smile a little. She had liked her right from the bat – the girl was innocence personified. Buffy had a sort of quick, naïve humor and was easily accepted into the group.

An arm wrapped around her waist and all thoughts of Buffy fluttered out of her mind as she found herself dragged into a familiar janitor’s closet. She stifled a giggle and turned around in Angel’s arms, running her fingers up his chest and into his hair as she pulled him down for a sweet kiss.

“Hey, baby,” he murmured against her lips, pushing her against the hard wall with his body, and groping at the air blindly for the string that turned on the single light bulb overhead.

“Angel,” she breathed, giggling lightly and pulling him closer. She closed her eyes as he found the string and pulled hard, lighting up the little closet. “I missed you so...”

“Oh really?” he grinned, then dipped his head to capture her lips again. His hands moved up her waist from her hips, until they cupped her breast, kneading them gently. She shuddered and he smiled. He took a small step back and studied her breathless face. “I’ve got to stop seeing you like this…”

“Well, you only have to ask – “ she started, but he shook his head.

“You know the circumstances, babe. And on top of that, Spike’s still not over his … ‘how could she do this to me’ tirade,” his face dropped and he looked at the ground. “Really, Dru… you had to choose Spike?”

“What did you expect?” she sighed, bringing her hands to his chest and played with his shirt, “I can’t wait for you forever.”

“You know I love you,” he cupped her face, making her meet his eyes. “It killed me, having to hear that idiot say those things about you… “

“It was only you, Angel,” Drusilla tried to smile, but Angel knew it was forced. “Spike… he… I just wanted to show you that I could be with anyone I wanted. But you know what happened.”

“You couldn’t?” he asked with a hopeful tone in his voice. She shook her head and he pulled her towards him in a tight hug. “Good. I was going to beat his British ass back to where it came from, too.”

“Then I guess it’s a good thing I ended it,” she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him tenderly on the lips.

She vaguely heard the sound of a zipper as he undid his pants and slid his hands up her thighs. They had been seeing each other for almost a year, not counting the summer. Of course, it had to be in secret, since the Capuls and the Montacs – Angel’s family – had been in a feud since before either Drusilla or Angel were even conceived. She remembered the first time she had met him, the summer before high school. There had been a double booking at Sunnydale Park for two family reunions. It just so happened that the families that double booked were the Capuls and the Montacs, and the rage over the park had heated up to crazy scales. She didn’t remember it all to well, but the one thing she did remember was seeing a tall, brown-haired boy sitting under a tree, his face drawn and deep in thought.

They hadn’t started seeing each other until just last year and whereas she wanted to just say ‘to hell with it’ and publicly announce their dating status, he had her swear to keep their relationship a secret. And there was no telling how much it had hurt her to see his cover-up girlfriend, Darla, hang herself from his arms. So she had resorted to William. Spike Pratt. The Pratt family was in mutual ground and in good standing with all – perfect, so to speak.

And now it had come back to this. Back to square one… private gropings in janitor’s closets and secret meetings far from society’s eyes.

But she forgot to care as she cried out, feeling Angel enter her swiftly and shoving back hard against the wall.

…………

Buffy pitched forward and closed her eyes. Goddammit, her mind groaned as she started falling to the floor… a big, black, scary death. She was wearing heels and in her hurry, had forgotten the last step and here she was, falling down, down, down… she never hit the floor.

“Gotcha, love,” a very British voice was saying. Buffy opened her eyes and found herself staring, once again, into those ocean blue eyes. Stumbling a little, she steadied herself in his arms and got back to her feet, still dazed.

Spike waited for Buffy to let go of his arm before stepping back and taking a look at her. Cor, she’s beautiful, his mind silently mused as he took in her brown, braided hair that was starting to loosen, her wide, green eyes under little black-rimmed glasses, her crooked nose and her lips which were currently being bitten down upon with her front teeth. She was wearing a casual green shirt with that denim skirt with a frayed hem that he had grown to love. And of course, irrational heels that would make anybody fall flat on their face.

Finding himself starting to wander off in a dreamland staring Buffy, he almost visibly shook his head, scolding himself for his awed reaction. She’s just cute. Just cute and definitely worth a shag, he told himself.

“Do I have something on my face?” Buffy’s voice brought him back to earth. He snapped to attention.

“What? No!” Spike told her, a little shaken up. She scrunched up her nose a little and he amended his earlier reaction by giving her a smirk.

“Oh,” she said, then paused. “Okay.”

“Where you headed off to, pet?” his smirk grew wider and he gallantly held out an arm towards her. She just stared at it, blankly.

“Uh…” Where am I going, where am I going? she racked her brain,.. Oh right, Physics!. “Physics!” Then she added, “Is your arm okay? You’re holding it kind of funny-like.”

He just chuckled, although she surprised him a little. “I’ll be your noble escort, m’lady,” he bowed, making her blush.

Buffy felt her face turn red. Here was this guy, who was totally hot – and perverted, holding his arm out for her to take, and telling her he was escorting her to class. This had never happened before, and she had to take deep breaths to keep herself from jumping for joy. And then she remembered… Oh my god… he saw my underwear!

“Oh,… uh,” she stammered, smoothing down her skirt unconsciously, “um… it’s not that far, we’re almost there, I can make it myself.”

“Now what’s the fun in that?” he took a step closer, smiling when he saw her shiver. “Cold, love?”

“Nope, just nervous,” she blurted out, then instantly slapped her hand down on her mouth. Rule number twenty-three: Never tell a guy he makes you nervous.

Spike was a little taken aback and a lot proud. “Nervous of big, bad Spike?” he grinned at her.

“Spike?”

“That’s what they call me,” he told her.

“Oh.” She tilted her head, obviously in thought, “Why Spike?”

“You’ll find out in time,” he waggled his eyebrows and she jumped away. He laughed inwardly. It was evident that she had caught on and was now incredibly embarrassed. And now, she was running off.

“Oh, well, look at the, you know, time,” she scampered away, calling over her shoulder, “I’ll see you later, Spike.” Before he could realize what was happening, she disappeared around a corner.

Bollocks, he silently cursed, turning around to head for his study hall period.

When Buffy turned the corner, she took a deep breath. Now… where is my classroom?

…………

Drusilla and Angel emerged from the janitor’s closet after making sure there was nobody coming down the hall. They fixed their hair and straightened their shirts, casting each other secret, shy glances every once in a while.

“So,” Angel said, after clearing his throat, “Spike’s thinking about asking Buffy out…”

“Oh really?” Drusilla looked around, a little distracted. “That’s nice.”

“Yeah,” he nodded, looking away, “Real nice.”

And they went their separate ways.




..........................
I had to add the "Romeo and Juliet" thing for Dru and Angel. I just had to. I think they're relationship will be the second major thing in this story... at first, i was just going to mention it a little, but i think maybe it'll be better if i bring more attention to it.

Also, Dru's going to be a major factor in this story.

AND... Just so ya'll know, Buffy WONT simply let Spike walk all over her. She'll give him a run for his money. Definately.

I hope you guys enjoyed this.

Reviews! Yayy!