Chapter 3

Travers walked into the dining room as Buffy finished her bagel. Giles sat on the other side of the table, sipping on his morning tea. Spike was still sleeping in the room. Quentin sat down at the head of the table and glared at Giles. “Heard you were doing a little research, Rupert. Care to clue me into what you are looking for?”

“Just a little research on the slayer line, Quentin.” Giles looked directly at Quentin and sneered.

“I could have my research team look for you; you don’t have to be up until after two in the morning.”

“Strange, how did you know how late I was there?” The war of knowledge and power had commenced between the two. Buffy sat back and watched the two Watchers duke it out verbally and intellectually.

“My Miss. Summers and her pet vampire making all the racket down the corridors, of course.” With a smug smile, Quentin got up and started to leave the room. Before he walked out, he turned around, “There is a staff meeting in the solarium in three minutes.” Buffy and Giles exchanged looks of confusion and shrugged. Who knew what Quentin was up to?

~*~*~
The meeting lasted three long hours. Buffy was bored senseless. Luckily for Spike, the bond told him of the mind-numbing meeting going on downstairs and he decided to stay in the room. He really didn’t want to leave Buffy alone for any extend time period, but knew that Giles was by her side. Every couple of minutes he would open that bond and tell her a dirty joke, just like he did when they went to the Rain Forest nightclub. Suppressing giggles, Buffy tried to listen to Quentin and his team drone on about research methods and demonology. Giles slid a few dirty looks towards her during these times, pleading with his eyes for her to behave. Walking out of the solarium, Giles pulled Buffy aside. “When are you going to make your move?”

“Soon.” She smiled sweetly at Giles as a bunch of researchers past.

“Seems to me you’re letting him take over.” Giles harshly whispered in the hallway.

“Giles, if he feels threatened he’s going to bolt and we won’t have anything. We need him.” Buffy answered in the same tone.

“We don’t need him, Buffy. Just yank him out of there.”

“Giles, I really would have through you would be more logical about it. We need to evaluate it all and then act.”

Giles stepped back and thought about it. “When did you become the thinker?”

“I’ve always relied on my instincts,” Buffy tried to imitate Scarlet O’Hara’s accent.

“Please don’t do that ever again.” Giles pinched his forehead indicating a start of a headache.

“What? You’re saying my accent isn’t good?”

“Precisely. So, where do you want to start with Travers? We are going to have to start something or we will loose any footing that we have.”

“I know.” Buffy opened the link to Spike and asked him to come down. “Spike’s going to meet us at Quentin’s office. We’re going have a little chat with our favorite head of the Watcher’s Council.” Buffy started to walk away from Giles and head to Quentin’s office. Giles had no option other than to follow.

~*~*~
“Miss Summers, Mr. Giles, Spike. What can I do for you?” Quentin walked out to his secretary and greeted the trio.

“We have a few things to discuss, don’t you think?” Buffy stood up in front of Spike and Giles.

“Miss Summers, this isn’t a good time.”

“Oh, this is the perfect time.” Buffy side stepped Quentin and entered his office. Spike followed, knocking Quentin over a bit. Giles followed demurely. Huffing, Quentin followed the trio inside his inner office.

Perched in his desk chair, Buffy smiled sweetly at Quentin when he finally closed the door. Spike sat on the edge of the mahogany desk, facing Quentin. His black duster hung ender his body, creating an effective drape on the edge of the desk. Giles sat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. “Please, Quentin, sit down. We have lots to discuss.”

“Miss Summers, this really isn’t a good time to have a discussion.”

“Shush, Quentin. This is the perfect time, isn’t it baby?” Buffy touched Spike’s knee. He nodded and she continued. “Wow, what kind of chair is this? It’s comfy.” She bounced lightly up and down in the chair. Swiveling and propping her legs on the desk she looked at Quentin. “So what’s the big evil that’s brewing that makes this a bad time?”

“Really, Miss Summers, put your feet on the floor like a lady!” Incensed, Quentin was red faced.

“Oh, can it, wanker. My lady is a lady when she needs to be. So what’s the big evil?”

“You!” Quentin leveled his gaze on Spike. “William the Bloody, slayer of Slayers. Part of the Scourge of Europe. You are the big evil that’s brewing. Don’t think we don’t know what you’re doing.”

Spike growled at the old man. But Buffy sent a silent warning through the link. “Quentin. I don’t think you understand your position. You are no longer in charge. Any real or perceived threat against Spike, Giles, myself, or anyone I care about will be viewed as an act of war. Trust me, you don’t want to go to war with me. Remember, I took down Glory. And she was a god.”

Quentin’s face visibly paled. “Miss Summers, all due respect, but…”

“There are no buts, Quentin.” Buffy launched her body from the chair and over the desk. Her muscles were taunt as she landed, the expression of her body was clearly anger. “I do believe you agreed to resign from the head of the Council, and that we would come in and evaluate how things are run, because from where I am sitting, it’s been mismanaged. If you would like to actually have a Slayer working in the field, then step down. Every Slayer from now on will answer to me. I will train them, I will teach them, and I will be honest with them. If you want any to work for the council, I suggest you not piss me off anymore.” Buffy stopped to inhale and calm down. “Now, if you think that investigating my mate is in your best interest then go ahead. I can guarantee that you won’t get far.” Buffy’s hazel green eyes brightened with flecks of yellow. Spike growled from behind Buffy, effectively intimidating Quentin to step down from his pedestal.

“Very well, Miss Summers, we will do it your way for now.” Quentin looked at his pocket watch. “Now, if you would excuse me, I am late.”
~*~*~
The bedroom door shut and Buffy found herself thrown to the floor with a very horny Spike on top of her. “Mmm, when your eyes light up like that and you get all dominatrix, it turns me on.” He ground his large erection into her ass, “But you knew that, baby, didn’t you.” Spike’s head dipped and nuzzled the soft skin of her neck. She felt his cool breath on her neck. “Your voice grows deep and demanding, love the way your nose twitches.” Spike’s hands weaved their way underneath her, cupping her breasts through her top. “I can smell the power coming from you, intoxicating.” To prove his point, Spike buried his head in Buffy’s growing hair and inhaled her scent. “God, I love this hair, are you growing it long for me?”

Buffy smiled, his words turned her on, the soft lilt of his voice as he whispered the comments to her like they were precious drove her crazy. She felt her arousal pooling between her legs. His hands squeezed her breasts, eliciting a gasp from her when she didn’t answer his question. “Maybe.”

Spike growled deep in his throat and thrust against her cheeks. “It’s starting to curl at the ends, gods, I love the way it curls around your face as you ride me to a gallop and squeeze me like warm champagne.”

Buffy started to giggle, she couldn’t help it. When Spike questioned her, she answered, “That sounded so like Faith. Something she would say.”

“You said it to me, love. Remember at the Bronze… you were all hot over that bird breaking free… oh, yeah, the body swap, I forgot.”

Buffy twisted underneath him, now looking into his eyes, “She said WHAT to you?”

Spike smirked, noticing the flare of her eyes, his lust renewed when there was a knock on the door, “Bullocks! Who’s there?” Buffy smiled, pushing Spike off of her and headed to the door. Opening the door, she was not surprised to find Giles standing there, ready to start working on the Council’s books with her.