Author's Chapter Notes:
I have no idea how chapter 4 got added twice. Must have glitched on me somewhere because I only hit the enter button once. Here's the real chapter 5
Chapter 5

"Spike, you awake?" Buffy poked her head inside the crypt door.

"Be right up, pet. Make yourself comfortable." Spike's voice called up from the lower level. "That damned Harmony didn't take all her soddin' unicorns." The statement was followed by a crash.

"You okay down there?"

"Just bloody peachy," Spike grumbled. He climbed up through the hole in the floor. "How's your mum?"

"She's doing great." Buffy grinned when she saw the disheveled vampire. "She says 'hi'."

"How's things goin' with Rupes? Did he get off to the motherland?"

"Yeah, he did. He's still treating me like a social pariah though." Buffy deepened her voice. "'Spike is chipless now. Therefore he's a menace. You must do your duty and stake him before he starts killing innocent people'." She heaved a heavy sigh.

"Ah, luv." Spike opened his arms, and Buffy slipped into them. So far, they had done some major snogging and light petting. Spike was getting his crumbs, and he didn't want to lose them.

"It's just so stressful." Buffy's voice was muffled against the vampire's chest. "Riley's flipping out on my friends, Mom is being sick, and Giles is all over me because of you."

Spike swallowed hard. "I could leave till things settle down."

Buffy pulled away from the vampire to peer up into his face. "Don't you dare! Don't leave me, Spike. I ... I care for you. Please don't leave me." She hugged Spike tightly. "Besides, Glory's after me, and I can't fight her alone."

Spike studied Buffy's face for a moment. "All right luv." He placed a kiss on her lips. "I'll stick around. What are your plans for the day, anyway?"

"Well, I spent the morning with Dawn and Mom." Buffy smiled. "When I leave here I have a couple of classes to attend. Greek Art with Tara and Central American Geopolitics. Thrilling!"

"The witchlet's an okay gal," Spike said. "Too bad her family's one cup short of a full tea set."

"They were pretty bad," Buffy wrinkled her nose as she remembered Tara's father and brother.

"We meetin' later at the Bronze?" Spike asked. He pulled Buffy over to his armchair. He sank into the chair, and he put Buffy into his lap. "Have some wings, play some pool, and do a little dancin'?"

"Sure, sounds like fun." Buffy laid her head on Spike's shoulder. "Been awhile since I've had a night off."

"How long do you have to play right now, Slayer?"

"About twenty minutes." Buffy glanced at her watch. "Wanna make out?"

Spike grinned before he cupped Buffy's face in his hands, and he covered her lips with his own. He had already decided snogging the Slayer was something he could do forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tara and Buffy walked along the sunlit campus path. They were chatting about the Greek art class that they had just attended.

"The teacher was quite enthusiastic," Tara commented nicely.

"Yeah, the first five rows needed to wear rain gear though." Buffy giggled. "He showed his enthusiasm through spit. Have to admit it was a bit like that Gallagher show that Mom forced us to watch the other night."

"You and Spike still doing good?" Tara asked shyly.

"Mmm," Buffy hummed dreamily. "I know I shouldn't be with him. He's evil and soulless, but so far he's the best boyfriend I've ever had."

"He's not jealous of any of your friends like Anya's jealous of Willow?"

"No, he's not jealous of you guys." Buffy was surprised by Tara's surprise that she was included in Buffy's friends. "I think he's more jealous of Angel, but there are more issues than just me involved in that. Why are you asking?" The Slayer looked concerned.

Tara shrugged. "Willow was trying to work a spell, and Anya kept interfering. They tried to pull Xander into it, but he left."

"That can't be good," Buffy replied. Willow's spell track record wasn't the best, but she didn't want to say that out loud to Tara. Before the Slayer could say more, Willow rushed up.

Willow glanced around for eavesdroppers before she hissed. "We summoned a troll."

"You what?" Buffy stared at Willow.

"It's loose downtown. We gotta go." Willow grabbed Buffy's arm.

"You're lucky my next class is two hours away," Buffy sighed. She let Willow lead her and Tara away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Spike, you in here?" Xander poked his head into the crypt. "I need a place to hide from the warring females."

"You have warrin' females?" The vampire looked at the male Scooby. "How'd you manage that?"

"Anya and Willow were fighting, and I got stuck in the middle," Xander sighed.

Spike chuckled. "You should have seen old Angelus tryin' to appease the bitch and Dru."

Xander shuddered at the thought. "Darla was pretty, but damn."

"You met Darla?" Spike studied Xander.

"Once or twice." Xander shrugged. "Then Angel dusted her."

"Felt that!" Spike nodded. "The Slayer and I are meetin' at the Bronze later. You wanna go early and shoot some pool?"

"Better than sitting around wondering what havoc Will and Anya are wreaking." Xander opened the door of the crypt. He stared at the bright sunshine before he wrinkled his nose. "Do you mind if I don't go with you through the sewers?"

Spike chuckled as he grabbed his duster. "Wimp."

"Darn tootin'!" Xander nodded before he stepped out into the sunlight.

Fifteen minutes later the two men met up at the nightclub. They took over one of the pool tables, and they were amiably playing when a large body bumped into Spike.

"Hey, watch it, mate," Spike snarled. He turned to look at the huge creature. His eyes widened when he saw the tall, bulky, green-skinned man. "On second thought, never mind. You go right ahead and do what you like."

Olaf the troll sniffed the air. "Ale! Yes!" He glanced around the darkened tavern, and he noticed a man pushing a strange looking cart with two huge shiny kegs on it. Olaf walked over to grab one of the kegs. "Ah, fragrant ale."

The Bronze employee backed away slowly. Maybe that weed he had smoked the night before had been tainted. Yeah, that was it, tainted weed.

"So, uh, think I should run and get Buffy?" Xander asked while he watched the troll suck down the entire keg in one gulp.

"Not yet. See if you can get some of these people out of here," Spike muttered.

"Barmaid!" Olaf pointed at the woman standing behind the bar. "Bring me strong ale, and some plump succulent babies to eat."

"Why am I having visions of band candy now?" Xander muttered. He herded several Bronze patrons towards the back door.

"You there..." Olaf pointed at Spike. "Do you know where the babies are? I find myself hungry, and when I'm hungry I grow short of patience."

"Well, we can take care of hungry," Xander called out. "How about you just sit down in one of the sturdier chairs, and we can have a talk. Maybe even eat." He waved the barkeeper back.

"Can it be babies?" Olaf asked a little too eagerly.

"Not so much," Xander quipped. "But Jack there..." He indicated the female barkeeper. "... Can go out for some pig or a cow to roast."

"Butcher's right around the corner," Spike agreed.

Jack nodded. Her long hair bobbed wildly. Anything to get out of the current situation.

"We'll have some more hearty grog." Xander pointed at the other keg.

"They've got this onion thing," Spike commented.

"You cannot appease me! Don't try," Olaf bellowed. "More ale!"

"That's what I said before." Xander turned to the other Bronze employee, and he shouted, "More ale!"

Olaf grabbed the second keg, and he started to glup it down.

"Now what?" Xander asked Spike out of the corner of his mouth.

"Let him drink till he passes out?" Spike suggested.

"Don't think the Bronze has that much alcohol," Xander grunted. "That guy is BIG!"

Just then Willow and Anya came barreling into the Bronze. Both women were red-faced and out of breath. Willow gripped a spell book.

Spike turned to look at the two female Scoobies. "Maybe you shouldn't have left these two alone, Harris. I have a feelin' big and ugly is the result of a spell gone wrong."

"Oh boy," Xander muttered. "I wish Buffy was here!"

"Right behind us," Anya stated.

Buffy and Tara entered the building behind Willow and Anya. Spike made his way over to the Slayer.

"Ideas, pet?"

Buffy shook her head. The troll was huge, and she had no idea how they could fight it in such an enclosed space.

"His power is in the hammer," Anya said softly.

"You know this how?" Xander muttered as he joined the others.

"We need to lure him outside," Buffy said. "Then we can get the hammer."

"Hey, mate," Spike called out. "They're givin' babies away in the alley." He shrugged when the Scoobies gave him an odd look.

"Really?" Olaf roared. "Plump, succulent babies?"

"The plumpest, most succulent," Xander said with a nod. The Scoobies parted to let the troll go through the door behind them.

Spike and Buffy followed on Olaf's heels. They ambushed the green giant, and they wrestled the hammer away from the creature. They each decided on their own that it was a bit like fighting Adam.

"You lied. There are no babies here," Olaf grumbled. He turned towards the Slayer who was holding his hammer, but as soon as he did, she tossed the weapon to the blond demon.

"Get rid of him now, Red." Spike easily caught the troll hammer.

"On it!" After a few false starts Willow finally vanquished the troll, leaving Buffy holding the creature's hammer.

Everyone sighed in relief, especially Anya. She didn't have to reveal that Olaf had been her first lover AND her first act of vengeance. That one little act of vengeance had introduced her to D'Hoffyrn. The Scoobies went their separate ways, but not before Spike pulled Buffy aside.

"We need to find Red a mentor, pet."

"Any ideas?" Buffy looked concerned. This wasn't the first time Willow had royally messed up a spell.

"Not really, but I'll think on it." Spike kissed Buffy on the lips. "See ya later, luv."

"Okay." Buffy glanced at her watch. "Just enough time to make it back to class."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, after Spike and Buffy had spent a nice night dancing at the Bronze, they walked slowly back to his crypt. Buffy had her arm tucked inside of Spike's, and they chatted quietly.

"The classes were pretty cool this term." Buffy smiled. "Not as bad as I thought they'd be."

"Well, you need any help studyin' or scarin' the teachers I'm here for you." Spike opened the crypt door.

Buffy chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind." She followed the vampire inside.

Spike removed his duster. He tossed it aside before he led the Slayer to the lower level of the crypt where he had set up a romantic setting. There were silk sheets on his bed, and candles littered around the room were ready to be lit.

"I didn't know this was here." Buffy looked around the room in awe. "It's lovely," She added as an afterthought, "For a hole in the ground."

"You say the sweetest things, pet." Spike wasn't offended It really was a hole in the ground. He stepped closer to Buffy. "I love you, Buffy. So very, very much."

"Spike," Buffy said softly. "Please make love to me."

Spike put his arms around Buffy, and he placed his lips on her softer, plumper ones. He groaned inwardly when she pressed her body closer. Spike had never expected to be this close to Buffy when he first realized he loved her. He had never expected her to accept him as anything more than convenient cannon fodder. Yet here they were about to make love.

Buffy sighed with contentment. Spike was one of the best kissers she had ever got smoochies from. Of course, she had already known that from the faux betrothal amidst Willow's 'Thy Will Be Done' mishap.

Spike slipped his hands under the back of Buffy's sleeveless shirt. He knew from their dancing that she was braless. He could still feel her soft little titties pressed against him. Spike broke the kiss, and he deftly lifted off Buffy's shirt.

Buffy felt her nipples harden even more in the cool air. She shivered, but not from the cold, when Spike looked at her naked breasts for the first time. The Slayer fought the urge to cover herself with her hands. She nervously licked her lips as she hooked her thumbs in the waistband of her pants.

Spike watched in eager anticipation as his Slayer pulled down her slacks and panties. His girl was perfection; a great body, a sweet face, a mean right hook, and as moody as Dru. What more could a lovesick vamp ask for?

"You're wearing too many clothes," Buffy grumbled. She stepped closer to help the vampire remove his shirt. "When you came here did you have any idea?" she asked out of the blue.

"Any idea about what?" Spike gave Buffy a confused glance before he went about taking off his boots.

"That someday we'd be you know... together?" Buffy realized her hands were caressing Spike's naked chest. He was so smooth and cool under her exploring digits.

Spike hissed when Buffy snagged a nipple with a fingernail. He grabbed Buffy's shoulders, and he pulled her close enough to kiss. He growled with pleasure when she pulled him towards the bed, never breaking the kiss and not letting him answer her question.

When Buffy's legs hit the edge of the bed, she fell backwards. She opened her legs, and she let Spike settle between them. Buffy whispered, "I want you to make love to me, both of you, all of you. Love me."