[Reviews - 135] LikedPrinter
Summary: Photobucket - Video and Image HostingNominated at Loves Last Glimpse Awards This fiction takes place during the episode “All the Way.” This time, Dawn doesn’t get into “candy corn mischief.” She really did just hang out at Janice’s house in this one. The stupid teenage boy vamps aren’t out killing innocent old men or anybody- in fact in this story, they were already dusted by Buffy and Spike the day before. Re-watching the ep for like, I dunno the fifth time, I noticed how Buffy looked when Anya was talking about finding “the one,” Xander nervous at the time, and Buffy leaving the party, looking at happy couples on the way to Spike’s crypt. There was no ambulance, or anything like that, so in this version of the episode, Buffy has absolutely no distractions from her thoughts on Spike. The beginning is mostly dialogue, this being the first draft. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.
Rated: 15
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes
Word count: 55855 Read: 40921
Published: 05/08/2006 Updated: 01/21/2008

1. Friends by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 7] Liked (1605 words)
Disclaimer: As you all may know, I do not, and never have owned "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and all that is affiliated with it. I own my thoughts, computer, and the hands that type this up for me. I'm a poor college student, so please, don't sue.

Also, if you like this, please leave a review.

2. Heart Strings by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 3] Liked (2156 words)
Thanks maryperk and blondiebear :o)

Oh, and the lyrics italicized were rewritten by me to fit my storyline change.

3. Avoiding the Issue by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 2] Liked (1910 words)
Thanks, StawberryJam. My main purpose of writing this fic is to avoid angsty Buffy anyway. I must concur with you- I did not understand the reasoning behind the ever dark season six. Especially "As You Were." God, how I hated that ep...

If anyone thinks I'm succeeding or not, please review me and let me know?

4. Blank Slate by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 3] Liked (2112 words)
Normally, I'd thank the reviewer from the previous chapter here. Only, there wasn't any... How about for the next chapter, I can be able to thank several people, if that isn't too much to ask?

5. Rude Awakenings by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 4] Liked (2500 words)
Thanks, cordykitten. And for everyone who's reading this, I promise it will be alright, and break away from the original season 6 time line.

6. Slept So Long by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 2] Liked (2660 words)
Thanks SarahandJamesFanatic, sara and cordykitten.

7. Creep by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 4] Liked (2954 words)
Thanks cordykitten, for your awesomeness ;D Also, yes, I totally stole a lot of dialogue from the cut scenese of "Smashed," but I'd loved to hear all of you guys thoughts on the chapter.

8. More Than Normal by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 2] Liked (2710 words)
Thanks cordykitten, britta, and Jessica. Also, I'd really like to hear you guy's thoughts on my little theory in the second paragraph... Agree or disagree?

9. The God Awful Truth by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 5] Liked (2162 words)
Many thanks to cordykitten, a strong supporter, and Elanor.

10. Serious by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 7] Liked (1604 words)
Thanks to Opal, cordykitten (hope this explains it all ;), margaret, and spikesangel (of course I will. That scene was hard to watch...). Please let me know what you guys think of this one. I hope Muse did us proud...

11. First Time Jitters by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 5] Liked (1684 words)
Special thanks to rosie, spikesangel, wall_flower, cordykitten (yea, minimum wage is like less than half of that), Opal, spuffy, and margaret.

12. Cut the Chit Chat by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 6] Liked (2440 words)
Many thanks to to rosie, Margaret, cordykitten, shelly, and spikesangel.

Also you guys, I'm way nervous bout this one. That's why it took a week to post- I just wasn't sure if it worked or not. But I can only go where my Muse takes me... I sincerely hope you enjoy it. If not, please let me know where I went wrong. Of course, let me know if I did it right as well... And for the record, apparently that is his real last name and age according to Joss... you'll see.

13. Time to Say 'Goodnight' by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 6] Liked (2328 words)
Thanks to shelly (gosh, I’m a blushing :D), spuffy (sorry I took so long), cordykitten (I was just trying to accomplish authenticity of the characters I suppose, and I’m glad that you saw the positive in it), Margaret (yes, but be prepared- Dead Things and As You Were are coming soon…), rosie (hope this is update is okay), and spikesangel (giddy? Really? Awesomeness. I’m glad I got the dialogue right). It’s 2:30 a.m. now, and I just finished this chapter. I didn’t expect it to head where it did, but well… let me know if you guys like the direction anyway. And if it isn’t too much to ask… is it possible to get ten reviews this time around? I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Until the next update…

14. Ball of Confusion by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 4] Liked (3100 words)
Thanks to spuffy (wow… Yea, I totally get what you mean, and I’m extremely flattered to hear it :), rosie, shelly (you’re very much welcome), cordykitten, patty, and spikesangel. And all of you guys rock for reviewing this fic. I’m having terrible fun (re)writing this for us. Also, sorry if the middle is a bit redundant in reference to the actual “Dead Things,” but read on, cause I totally changed the ending. I think Mr. DeKnight made Buffy a bit too violent… Anyway, “Older and Far Away” is next, and Spike is giving Buffy a kick ass gift. Oh yea, somewhere between those two eps, Christmas and New Year’s Eve occurred (Buffy’s B Day is January 19th), and I haven’t exactly thought about how Spike and Buffy spent it… I suppose I could do a short chapter before the birthday bash if anyone is interested. However, it would take me longer to think about it and actually post it, cause I only thought about it just last night. Let me know what you think…

15. Your Eyes Speak to Me by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 5] Liked (3109 words)
Thanks to rosie, shelly, cordykitten, and spikesangel. Um... I've noticed though a steady decrease in hits, so if there's something I can do better, someone let me know, mmkay?

16. Fancy Ideas by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 5] Liked (2666 words)
Thanks to spikestheman (I wrote that poem myself, btw. And I hope she tells him soon too…), spikesangel (hope this doesn’t disappoint), rosie (thanks for the consistent support ;), shelly (God, don’t we all?), and cordykitten (William Jameson Pratt. Money is good, excellent, even. But a heartfelt poem from the man you love who loves you? Priceless :)

Um, you guys, I totally hated “As You Were,” and I thought the writers did a piss poor way of explaining what happened. I read this essay by theohara (I have the link somewhere, and I have to read it again), that suggests… something not so kosher afoot in that episode, and that the writer, Mr. Douglas Petrie eluded to it in certain dialogue and wide screen shots… Anyway, you’ll see. Hope ya like it. If not, review anyway so the next chapter will be better.

17. Rash Decisions by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 6] Liked (4291 words)
Thanks to spikesangel (sorry ahead of time, she doesn’t kick his ass. She would have, but he left the country before she got the chance), shelly (aww… thanks so much :D), spuffy (Buffy won’t break up with Spike, promise), rosie (hope ya didn’t haveta wait too long), and cordykitten (Spike pushed her away because he knew she still wasn’t ready to shout from the rooftops that they were official, which they weren’t. They were only exclusive, and only Dawn and Willow were knowledgeable of that. He was just trying to respect her wishes, sweet guy that he is…)..

Okay, here is the ep that I’ve been looking forward to as well as dreading to rewrite. In fact, this may have been the ep that pissed me off so much as to start this fic in the first place. Before we get started, I would like to share with you all an excerpt from an essay by the lovely theohara that helped me “see the light” if you will in regards to the episode “As You Were.” Perhaps I should’ve posted this at the end, but I thought it imperative that this part be read. It's only three paragraphs, tops. The address for the rest of it will be at the bottom as well as an explanation for… well, you’ll see. Whatever happens, DON'T hate me, please. Criticize me, sure, but please don't hate. I have a plan.

18. Razorblade Kisses by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 11] Liked (2566 words)
Thanks to spuffy (aww… Yea, I was tired of Spike being a doormat), rosie (again, sorry for the waiting part…), thimedaily31 (you know, after reading the transcripts, when she started to say “I pretty much deserve…” I think she knew that Riley lied to an extent, because she felt guilty. Something to chew on, anyway), spikesangel (Split voter, eh? That’s cool. I just couldn’t force myself to rewrite this and keep the “kick the Spike” theme in there), shelly (yes, but “love takes time” though I swear they’ll be together ;), and cordykitten (thanks for understanding- it needed to be done).

19. Leading Us Along by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 5] Liked (2804 words)
Thanks to willowmouse (I’m glad you were able to see the good in it ;), shelly (I know- they’re children, the both of ‘em!), rosie (oh wow… I’m shocked and marveled at your response- thank you bunches!), jane (I know- but I wrote it late when I was asleep… I fixed it as soon as I saw your review), spuffy (no, I’m not trying to make you sad on purpose… But would it really be believable if it was all fluff? Gotta make us all work for that one, Spufftastic moment, or multiple as the case may be ;), spikesangel (I get why Spike had the date, but it wouldn’t have made sense in my version. And I didn’t like how Dawn decided to blame Spike for everything that happened between him in Buffy- that moment in his crypt, you know? Buffy was a huge part of it…), Spuffyfan (I am terribly sorry for that… it’ll get better, I swear), cordykitten (again, I’m sorry I’ve made you sad, but it can’t all be sunshine and lollipops, can it? Well, it could, but… surely that’d get boring after awhile, right?), Blondie Bear (glad we’re on the same page ;) And yes, eventually they’ll get run off into the sunset… Well, maybe a little bit later in the evening), tis-kit (no please! I

20. Déjà Vu by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 9] Liked (1599 words)
Thanks to rosie (hey- me neither. I want to see what happens next too! Cause I so don’t know right now…), tis-kit (you know, that bio exam that I have to do doesn’t seem so hard now that I’m looking at it…And thanks for the congrats as well ;), shelly (okey doke- here ya go ;D ), Patty (I’m sure the ending shall surprise us all), and cordykitten (thinking it over, I just wasn’t satisfied… How do you like this ending?)

21. Bloody Cape by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 10] Liked (2355 words)
Thanks to kim, rosie, Spuffyfan, sara, Willow25, tis-kit, Emilee, cordykitten, and Shadow of a Good Girl. All of my author's responses were posted under your previous reviews, cause they were too lengthy...

22. Phantom Arms by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 10] Liked (1839 words)
Thanks to Blondie Bear, kim, tis-kit, Spuffyfan, rosie, shelly, jane, MonsieurRipper, and cordykitten. Once again my response is on your previous reviews, for my responses can sometimes be too long...

Okay, so I’m a lying bastard. RL did get in the way. I urge you all to show your displeasure by leaving a review, letting me know exactly what you think of me…

23. Love's a Funny Thing... by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 5] Liked (1439 words)
Thanks to kim, jane, spuffy, tis-kit, sam, spuffyfan, shelly, rosie, cordykitten, and patty.

Sorry for the wait- but between RL and writer's block, I was just stumped. I believe, however, that there's only two more chapters after this... Oh yea, and the last line of dialogue as well as the title of this chapter- I totally ripped from a previous ep from a previous season. Who can tell me which one?

24. Storyteller by Scarlet Ibis [Reviews - 9] Liked (1262 words)
Thank you to all who have reviewed. You guys were amazing, and your encouragement was much welcomed and needed.