Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks jt, SpaceLord, dihcar, Gotkona, cordykitten, and spikesangel.

I'm gonna pretend that while it's season 4 for BtVS in this fic, it's really season 2/3 on Angel.

And I know this might sound ambitious, but... I want to shoot for 10 reviews this time. I figure, I gotta have a goal at some point, right? But I won't threaten to hold a new chapter hostage if I don't achieve said goal. I'll just ask if you're enjoying it, or reading, let a sistah know, please.
The Hyperion

"Hello, Peaches. Glad to see- ow! Bloody hell, you ponce!" Spike yelled in outrage. As soon as he came through the door, Angel punched him in the nose. After righting himself, Spike immediately returned the favor.

"Hey, hey! Stop it. Angel, Spike, stop it." How does he already know about us? Buffy thought as she stepped between them, which was a bold move, considering.

"Oh, sorry, I've just been in a foul... Buffy, what happened?" Angel said in a dreadful tone as he stared intensely at her belly. The broodiness was now on full overload.

"Well, gee, and you'd think something like that would be obvious." Spike said sarcastically.

"So, you don't know the story?" Angel slowly shook his head at her and eyed her in confusion, smelling a vague something from the two of them...

"Well, then why did you hit Spike?" Buffy asked.

"Well, cause it's Spike and I was angry. And why did you think I hit Spike?"

"Hey Angel, what's all the - geez, Buffy? Oh god, you're - Spike?! What the hell are you doing here?!" Cordelia said as she glanced wide eyed at them, debating whether or not she should get a weapon. But she figured between Buffy and Angel, she’d be alright.

"Hey, Cordy. How ya been?" Buffy asked nonchalantly.

"Fine, and what have you been up to? Or whom?" She returned, staring pointedly at Buffy’s belly.

"Yeah, Buffy. Care to explain your condition and why you decided to drop by with the bleach wonder no less?" Angel said in a more demanding tone as opposed to asking. They smelled as if they had been close, and nothing was making sense.

"Sure, fine, but cliff's note version only, and I think you all might want to sit down." Buffy said as she headed for one of the couches. Angel glared at his childe. He had a sneaking suspicion where this was going. Their combined smells seemed to be permeating the entire room, but he knew that had to be his imagination. He could feel that at any moment his demon was going to snap from all of the pent up anger.

******

Angel just couldn't wrap his brain around it. The entire situation was insane. And to top it all off, the whole Dru/Darla thing was the icing to the Angel torment cake. He didn't know exactly how he was able to sit still during Buffy's little tale with frequent interjections from Spike. But once they were done, he promptly lunged for the younger vamp and began to hit him mercilessly. The ladies were smart enough to stay back, but yelled for him to stop the entire time.

He just couldn't stand the unfairness of it all. He was the one who killed his own sire for the greater good. He was the one repenting for his sins with a cursed soul for a hundred years, yet one slip up and he gets sent to hell by his first love. And just when he thinks he's merely being paranoid, the Powers That Suck prove him wrong. They indeed have been screwing with his mind.

Oh, it was terribly obvious now- bringing back Darla, the sire he had to kill in order to save a Slayer, as a human, no less, essentially making her his soul mate, just so she could be dying from a disease that caused her to be a vampire in the first place. Then for him to be forced to watch as Dru made her a creature of the darkness once again, eternally damning her. But for Buffy to come waltzing in with Spike (who is now invincible), carrying the child of his childe... all he could see was red. And his hits were pointless anyway. Anytime he broke skin, it just healed right back up. The harder Angel hit, the quicker the wound healed. He roared in frustration as the only blood on Spike’s face was his own, coming from the open wounds of his knuckles. For Spike of all creatures to be able to created life with- and to be able to walk out into the sun whenever he damned well pleased... It was all too much.

"You lousy- son of a- bitch!" Angel yelled as he punched him repeatedly in the face. Spike, with a roll of his eyes, finally had enough and grabbed his hands.

"I don't think that my mum or Dru would 'preciate that very much. Are you done yet? It's not like you can hurt me." He said with no hint of sarcasm. Though Spike didn't know of the happenings of Darla, he figured the blow about he and Buffy was good enough reason to let Angel get his frustrations out on him. He didn't really have a grudge against him anymore. Being with Buffy made him far happier than Dru ever did, so in his mind the score was settled. Hell, if it hadn’t been for Angel, he never would have been lead to his true love, his goddess, his Buffy. He had the Slayer and was happy- Angel wasn't. And he wondered if he ever would be.

*****

Watcher's Council Headquarters

"Damn it, Quentin! Don't you see what's happening? Sure, it may be good that they are taking care of the demon population, even though their motives are highly questionable, but now they are after the slayer- my slayer." Giles said in exasperation.

"Yes, a problem indeed. However you forget, Rupert. You and your charge quit the council well over a year ago." Travers said slowly, which Giles found to be quite infuriating way.

"That may be true, but even though we officially quit the council, we still fulfill the duties of a slayer and her watcher. We fight the good fight. Every night she's out there- still risking her life and gaining nothing in return. She may have quit the council, but she did not by any means quit her destiny, which now lay in grave danger, mind you, by these scientists who question her mere ability of existence." Giles felt it necessary to leave out that Buffy was pregnant with a notorious vampire's child. And though she had not patrolled lately, it helped in her credibility that she was still actually performing the duties of her job.

"Quentin, if they get a hold of her, then who will be your slayer then? You can't find Faith, not that it would make a difference if you did. And if they get a hold of Buffy, I can assure you they will more than likely keep her alive for testing purposes, which would leave you without an active slayer who isn't insane to continue slaying. So why don't take your ass off of your shoulders and help her, you insufferable burke." Giles finished with a Ripper glare. He knew that Travers understood that no matter how much they disliked each other, Giles was right. Though Buffy did not officially work for the Council of Wankers, they still needed her. Plus with all of the clout the Council had, there was no real reason why they could not assist Giles.

"Okay, Rupert. What is it exactly that you want us to do?"

"Simple, really. Just take the Initiative out of the equation completely. By whatever means you feel necessary, of course."

"Are you mad?! You mean you want us to take down their entire operation?!" Quentin blustered.

"Well it's up to you of course. Just, exactly how important is the slayer legacy to you?" Hook, line and sinker Giles thought. It was common knowledge that in order for the Watcher's Council to have an actual purpose, they needed a slayer.

******

Once Angel reined control over his emotions, he quickly stormed out onto the unsuspecting streets of Los Angeles. The whole thing was insane. It was like he was in hell again. At least the torture there was justified. I mean talk about your irony. Spike? Spike!? What did he do to deserve any of it? A chance at having a life with... And Buffy. The only reason he left in the first place was so she could have a shot at somewhat normal life. That and Joyce asked him to. But then again, what was so abnormal about it? They were in love and having a child together. But for crissakes! Of all of the men on the friggin' planet, it had to be him.

"Well, well. Fancy seeing you here, Angel. Small town I suppose." Angel turned around to see his sire (or is it grand childe now?) behind him. Still the same old Darla, with her deceiving innocent features and her crystal clear blue eyes and blond hair. Dressed to kill in a red dress. Though a deadly killer, she was still radiant.

"What do you want, Darla?" He asked tiredly, in no mood to fight.

"Well it's just, with all of Dru's incessant ramblings, I had to get out alone for awhile. I never could handle it without you or William around. Besides, I never got the chance to spend any quality time alone with you. In fact, we haven't been alone for what? Nearly a century and a half now? Don't you just miss the good old days?" She said as she moved closer to him. When she got close enough, she began to trace imaginary patterns on his shirt clad chest. He let her do it for a few seconds before grabbing her hand.

"Darla, look-"

"Oh come on. Don't you just miss it? Don't you miss us? The fun times we had?"

"I'm not that person- that thing anymore. And I’m sorry I couldn’t stop this. I’m sorry I couldn’t save you." He said while his eyes bore into hers.

"You sure about that? The demon will always be apart of you, Angelus. Why fight it? And Dru! What a godsend. She set me free. Be free with me, Angel, if only for tonight." She said as she pressed her body against his. With all of the anger and confusion he was feeling, he could feel his resolve being broken down piece by piece.

"Just tonight Angel. Remember what it's like to be free?" She said as she reached up and slowly pulled his head down, grazing his lips with hers. Angel became deathly still in that moment and closed his eyes. He tried to think of all of the reasons to not do what he was thinking, but if the Powers were going to screw with him, it was time they got a dose of their own medicine. With that thought in mind, he roughly pulled Darla closer with a growl and never looked back...

******

The Initiative

"Agent Finn. I hope you have good news. Such as the whereabouts of Hostile 17." Professor Walsh said with a look of pure confidence.

"That would be negative, ma'am." He internally winced at the immediate hardness in her features.

"What?" She said sternly.

"We couldn't find the subject anywhere. We checked all possible leads and still came up empty handed."

"Then may I ask why you are here, Riley? I do not appreciate you wasting precious time when you should still be searching. Bring me something. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Professor Walsh shook her head ruefully as she headed back to room 314.

"Well, at least one thing is going right." She said to a dormant Adam as she began to stroke his hair.

"He thinks I'm a fool. That I don't know, don't see. But I see alright. That dirty slut has clouded his mind. It's about time I teach this Faith a lesson. I know who you are, Slayer. And if I can't have Buffy, I'll have the next best thing. Find out what they're made of... Riley will understand, eventually. And then the three of us will stand together, Adam. You, your brother and I will show them all...”