Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to jane, spikesangel, gotkona, cordykitten and daisy ;o)
Hotel in London

"Rupert, what took you so long? Are you okay? What did he say? What-"

"Joyce, please. Do calm down. No need to get-"

"Calm down? Calm down?! How can you expect me to calm down? You're gone for much longer than you say you will be, leaving me alone in a hotel in a foreign country all the while my baby girl is all alone half way around the world and being chased by psychotic scientists. Excuse me, but I will not calm down."

Oh, he very much liked her like this. All angry and loud. It was quite exhilarating. Completely sexy. Oh, she's talking again.

".... something about it. Are you even listening to me, Giles?"

"What? Oh, um, yes dear. I believe Quentin, for the most part, will take care of it. I'm not sure on what he's planning, but it will certainly be most efficient. Buffy should be safe with Angel and Spike... You know, you are quite the beauty. Especially so with the fiery temper." Hsaid as he moved closer to her. There were two parts especially that she loved about Rupert Giles: straight-laced, very proper Giles, and the now horny Giles who stood before her. Too bad they didn't have any handcuffs like their first time together. Ah, memories.

"You know, I've been beside myself with worry. All alone with no one to keep me company."

"Well, you know I can provide excellent [kiss], sensational [nibble] company." She took off his glasses and kissed him on the lips.

"You sure they'll be safe?"

"Positive."

"Oh, Rupert, I hope so."

******

Hyperion lobby

"So, you and Spike with the pelvis bumping?"

"Cordelia, were you always this crude? That was a rhetorical question, by the way."

"Do you love him?" Buffy's face lit up at the inquiry.

"Yeah. Totally. You know, in a non-tragic sort of way. Had enough of that."

"Right. In a non-fatal, Angleus sort of way."

"Exactly."

"So, you're like way over Angel then?" Buffy stared at Cordelia for a moment before answering.

"Should I be?"

"Oh god!"

"What?"

"Oh god. I mean, Buffy, that's just plain icky! I never pegged you to be all… skanky."

"Relax. I was just joking. I get the feeling that you, uh, have feelings for Angel. Not that there's anything wrong with that."

"I do. It's just that sometimes he can be distant and secretive."

"Preaching to the choir."

"Just when I feel like I've gotten closer to him, it feels like he's drifting farther away. I feel retched."

"Gee, thought he would have grown out of that by now."

"It's just so, ugh! I don't know. I mean, I've had lukewarm, snuggly- wuggly feelings before- with Xander. But I don't know how to deal with this. It's just so damned stressful. How is Xander by the way?"

"Oh, he's fine. Seeing Anya, actually. They’re like seriously together."

"Wow, that's so weird."

"But as far as the whole Angel thing, just tell him. I mean, he is kinda clueless most times."

"Yeah." She said with a dreamy look in her eye.

"Besides, he's available, right?"

"Definitely. I just hope he's alright. He's been more broody than usual. I mean with Darla and Dru back, and Wolfram and Hart..."

"He probably just needed to blow off some steam. I'm sure he's fine. Spike will probably find him. Or maybe, he's coming right now."

*****

An abandoned building on the streets of L.A.


"Ooh, Angel!" After Darla came down from her umpteenth mind blowing orgasm, she looked at her lover expectantly.

"Angelus?"

"Not home, Darla." He said as he rolled off of her.

"But I thought... I mean, weren't you there with me? I felt it." Her face was an even mixture of confusion and utter horror.

"Yeah."

"But your soul is -"

"Still here. Thankfully."

"What the hell do you mean thankfully?! That thing is a fucking curse. Why would you ever want to torture yourself? Don't you want to be free?"

"I am. I'm free from the mortal coil, and yet I still have a conscience. I'm fine."

"You weren't exactly preaching that a few hours ago. Oh wait- fucked up, insecure, neurotic and emotional? Yea, you certainly are fine. "

"Yeah, well I wasn't thinking with my-"

"What the bloody hell is this?!" Spike yelled in outrage.

"Oh, William, dear. Long time, no see. Add Dru to the mix and we'd have quite the family reunion." Darla drawled.

"Well, well. If it isn't the Queen Bitch herself. Still undead and kicking I see. Thought you were gone for good. Guess prancin' away with the Master and suckin' him off wasn't as profitable as you thought, huh luv?"

"Fuck you, Spike." She spat derisively.

"Been there, done that ages ago. Even when you were younger, you had cobwebs in your snactch. Besides which, you still must be a frigid bitch if you're shaggin' Peaches." She said nothing and just glared at him. She then got up in all of her naked glory and began to put back on her dress, tying the torn straps around her neck.

"What the hell are you doing here, Spike." Angel more demanded than asked as he hastily pulled on his pants and now button less button down shirt.

"I think it's fair that I ask you the same."

"It's none of your business." He said in a deadly tone.

"It bloody well is when your actions endanger Buffy and our child. What if you lost your soul, you nit? The last thing I soddin’ need is to deal with bloody Angelus." He said menacingly.

"Yeah? Well I didn't. So get off my back."

“Yea, guess it’d be pretty hard to have a moment of perfect happiness with her, huh?”

“Actually, I had an epiphany, and-”

"Wait a minute- your child? What the hell are you talking about Spike? You're not human, are you?" Darla asked, now concentrating to listen for a heartbeat in the room.

"No, and it's a long story I'd rather not explain now." He said tersely.

"Well, well. Here I thought you were killing Slayers, not screwing them. But it's good to see you boys still sharing. It was nice of Spike to take your leftovers again, huh Angel?" Spike instantly morphed into game face and attempted to leap upon the vampiress, but Angel intercepted and knocked Spike to the floor.

"Get off me!" Spike yelled, pushing Angel off of him. "Fuck you, you lousy cow. And fuck you too, Angel. Next time you decide to put any of us in danger again by doing something stupid and selfish as getting yourself laid, I'll make you dust myself." Spike spun on his heel and began to exit. He then abruptly stopped at the door and looked back at Angel.

"Oh and by the by, news like this'll break the poor cheerleader's heart. But being the nice bloke that I am, I won't tell. So, how does it feel to be in my pocket, Angel face?" He said in a syrupy sweet voice.

"Get out now, Spike." Angel said with a deadly look in his dark eyes. Spike remained silent and smirked at him before finally leaving.

"Bloody ponce. Stupid bint. God, I need a smoke." Spike decided it was best to blow off some steam before heading back to the hotel. Wandering the alleyways of LA, he tried to clear his head. Well, isn't this a twist. Thought Angel was supposed to be the one with the level head.

"Bastard." He muttered to himself as he walked through an alley.

"Tsk, tsk William. Shouldn't bad mouth Daddy."

"Dru. Fancy that. Running into you in an alley again. But hey, I'm already dead. So what do you want?" Drusilla had a giddy look on her face.

"Ah, but I know what you want! Something glowing, and glistening, and effulgent. Right my luv?"

"Talk about deja vu."

"My sweet, dark prince. I know what you've been up to. The fairies told me you are to make me a grand mum- with the Slayer. I told you she was all around you." She said with a sly grin.

"Yeah. You were right. No real surprise there." He said somberly.

"He'll come for you, you know."

"Who?" Dru got a far away look in her eyes, then began to pace around him.

"The master of the tin soldiers. He has a green glow."

"Does he now?"

"Yes. He isn't whole, though; a blank canvas. Different pieces of different puzzles hold him together. When he wakes, he'll want you, and he'll find you." She finally stopped pacing and stood before him.

"He'll give you the heat, but not the spark." She placed her pale, slender hand over his undead heart. "He'll use all kinds of nick knacks to make you feel, dear heart."

"Uh huh. Care to share when and where this all takes place?" He asked with a look of confusion written on his face. She placed her index finger over her lips in a 'shushing' motion.

"Wouldn't want to ruin your surprise."

"Damn the surprise, Dru. Is Buffy in trouble?" She gently cupped his cheek.

"You are really lost to me, aren't you? You really love her?"

"Yeah, I do. She makes me feel... alive. Like a man. And she has so much passion, and heart, and-"

"Really, that's quite enough." Drusilla said blandly, not wanting to hear first hand his thoughts about the woman who took him away from her.

"Oh, sorry." She tilted her head to the side as if listening to something.

"I have to go. My daughter needs me."

"Does she now? What about me?"

"You don't need me. You have your Slayer." She said as she began to walk away.

"Yea, I know. Just trying to figure out what the sodding hell you were yammerin' about! Dru!" He yelled at her. But she ignored him, turned the corner, and disappeared from sight.

******

One of Sunnydale's cemeteries...

Faith walked along the many rows of gravestones, alone, contemplating how much her life had turned to shit. Everyone had a habit of leaving her one way or another- her mother, her watcher, Wilkins... Not even the joys of hot, sweaty sex could make the pain go away. The loneliness seemed to eat away at her. But then, there was Riley. Sweet, dependable, reliable Riley. Or so he seemed. Turns out he was just like the rest. Another beef stick lookin' for a lay. Sure, it was nice. Not mind blowing, but nice, and sweet... He made her believe it was something more. Fucking asshole! Can't believe I actually deluded myself into thinking-

"Ugh!" The strong force of electricity coursing through her body caused her to topple backwards over a headstone. Her entire body was numb. Then someone just casually began to drag her away.

“Target acquired. Heading back to home base, Walsh.”

Well, isn't this just my fucking night. Everyone wants a piece of the Firecracker. But they're sure as hell are gonna pay when I get out. Stupid soldiers. I'll kill Maggie Walsh for this.