Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to cordykitten as always, and jeanie :D
"Damn it! I can't believe that bitch has the audacity to be in my house!" Buffy ranted to Spike as she paced back and forth in her backyard. Joy was upstairs with her grandma while Jonathan and Xander attempted to explain the situation to a much flustered Giles.

"Pet, you know you really should try to calm down a bit." Spike said, trying to be as rational as possible. He knew the Scoobies would only bring the slayer bitch un-gagged and unbound only if it was really important.

"Calm down? How can you even say that? She's repeatedly attacked me, my family, and my friends. Hell, she could have even caused damaged to your daughter, Spike." She said with fire in her eyes. He took a deep, unneeded, calming breath before talking again.

"Hit me."

"What?" He said it so simply that she had to ask again.

"Come on, luv. Let's have a little spar session. Guaranteed to make you feel better." He said with a little smile. She returned and laughed quietly.

"Yeah, smacking you around always did make me feel better. Ya know, in a superior sorta way." She said with a lewd wink.

"Oh, naughty slayer. Let's not forget I've done an equal share in the ass kicking department myself."

"Yeah, more like your ass receiving all of the kicking. I almost thought that my boot was a permanent fixture on it." She said lightly.

"So, you feel better enough to go back in the house?" He ventured. He cringed inwardly at the look she gave him. Then she took a deep breath, and much to his relief, nodded her head in silence.

"Yeah. I mean, big evil up ahead anyway, right?"

****************

The tension was palpable in the room. Faith was standing closest to the doorway, seemingly ready to bolt at any moment. Andrew seemed to have some sort of nervous twitch going on with his eye. Joyce sat in the armchair with the baby, while Giles, Buffy and Spike surrounded it like deadly sentinels. Anya still was holding watch over Xander, clinging possessively to his arm while Willow and Tara sat on the couch. Jonathan and Warren stood aimlessly around awaiting input on the situation.

"So, what is this, like Apocalypse number seven?" Buffy said sarcastically.

"Really, seven? I thought it was more along the lines of like, four." Xander said.

"Well see, that's because you've forgotten about all of the little mini one's in between. Like the Judge." Willow said. Most eyes turned to Spike at the comment.

"Hey, that was ages ago. Let's stick to the present people! Troubled waters ahead, right. Right?" Spike said incredulously.

Giles took off his glasses and gave them a good rubbing before cutting in. "Yes, erm, well, there's certainly no lack in supplies. I wish I knew which ones would kill Adam."

"Well, according to the files back at the Initiative, his power source is a uranium core embedded somewhere in his chest. Probably near the spine." Jonathan said.

"Great. We just ask him to lie down quietly while we do some exploratory surgery." Xander said sarcastically.

"Well, wha- what about magic?" Tara said with uncertainly.

"Yeah, like, some kind of, I don't know… uranium extracting spell? I know; I'm reaching." Willow said.

"Okay, I think we should all think outside of the box. Anyone with some realistic ideas?" Anya said.

"Perhaps a paralyzing spell. Only I can't perform the incantation of it." Giles said regretfully.

"Right. Don't you have to speak it in Samarian?" Willow questioned.

"I do speak Samarian. It's not that. Only, uh, an experienced witch can enchant it. And you'd have to be within striking distance of the subject."

"See what you get for taking French instead of Samarian?" Xander asked.

"What was I thinking?"

"So, no problem. All we need is combo Buffy. Her with the slayer strength; Giles' multilingual know how, and Willow's withcy power. Yeah, don't tell me. I'm just full of helpful suggestions." Xander said. Anya patted his arm reassuringly.

"As a matter of fact, you are..." Giles said.

***************

"Okay, Spike, Xander, and uh, sorry, what's your name again?" Giles said.

"It's uh, Andrew, Mr. Giles." he said shyly.

"Yes, well, I want the three of you to go on recon. Sweep the cemeteries and such." Giles said.

"How'd you come up with that, Rupert?" Spike said, incredulous, and a bit disgusted at the quality time he would have to spend with Harris, and the other boy... Damn, what was his name?

"Well, at the moment, you three are the only ones available."

"And what about the rogue slayer over there? Not that I would turn my back to her, but still. Just curious." Spike said. Giles pulled him aside before explaining.

"Well, she isn't exactly ready for combat at the moment. Throughout her duration at the Initiative, she's been through quite a traumatic experience." He said in a low whisper. Spike looked at him questioningly before shrugging it off.
”Hidey ho, then. Come on, blokes. Let the slaughterin' begin." Spike said as he headed towards the door."

"Spike wait!" Buffy said as she walked towards him. He turned back around and gazed at her affectionately.

"Aren't ya gonna kiss me good-bye, soldier?" she said jokingly. He gently caressed her face before leaning forward and kissing her passionately on the mouth; his tongue demanding entrance. She readily accepted it. The soul kiss left her breathless when he pulled away.

"See ya in a coupla hours, luv."

"Come on Xander. We can't let them show us up." Anya said before ferociously tugging him down and then bending him over with a tonsil touching kiss. Xander stood up kind of embarrassed before quickly giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking towards the door.

"Good -byes can be so exquisite when you're in love." Andrew said with a dreamy look in his eyes before following his two companions for the evening.

*****************

"I spy with my little eye something that starts with a T." Andrew said in a sing songy voice.

"Okay, will ya stop with the games? It's just plain annoying." Xander said in exasperation.

"Man, this place gives me the creeps. It's like in Wonder Woman, issue 297- 299." Andrew said at another attempt at a conversation. The nerve in Spike's jaw began to twitch uncontrollably in annoyance.

"Catacombs- yeah, with the skeletons." Xander chimed in.

"That was cool." The two said in unison.

"Oh yea, she was pretty- hey, we're looking for demons now, okay?" Xander said, catching himself before engaging in a dorky conversation in front of Spike. That's the last thing he needed.

"Hey, I know. You guys wanna go get some burgers or something? You know, like trip food. Plus then, we'd be able to leave the cemetery with a reasonable excuse." Andrew said.

"This isn’t a trip. It's a covert operation. And uh..recon." Spike said.

"I bet even covert operatives eat curly fries." Andrew said.

"Yeah, they are really good." In Xander speak, that meant ‘Yea, I get really hungry post coitus.’ He and Anya had a quick session in the Summer's bathroom minutes before he left.

"Not as good as those onion blossom things." Spike said, actually getting into the conversation.

"Yeah, they are really good." Andrew added.

"Hey, I could go for one of those right about now." Xander said, nearly salivating at the thought of the hot food.

"It's an onion, yet it's a flower. I don't understand how such a thing is possible." Andrew said, quite perplexed.

"Uh, see the genius of it is you soak it in ice water for an hour so it holds its shape. Then you deep fry it, root-side up for about five minutes." Spike said, showing off his culinary knowledge.

"Masterful." Andrew said in complete awe.

"If either one of you tells anyone we had this conversation, I'll bite you."

"Right." Andrew said. Xander nodded his head in agreement.

"Look, this isn't working. Nothing seems to be out and about tonight. How about you two go that way, and I'll go sweep over there." Spike said, in desperate need of getting away from the dorky duo before he became more under their dweeby influences.

"I don't know, Spike. Safety in numbers and all that?" Xander said, more worried about Spike protecting him instead of the other way around.

"Nah, you'll be fine. We'll meet back here in thirty." Spike said as he sauntered away.

"God, I'm becoming such a git." Spike said as he lit up a cigarette, looked at it mournfully, and then hesitated before stubbing it out.

"Can't be smokin' around Buffy and the Bit, now can I?" He questioned himself, staring at the burning embers.

"Pretty soon, Spike, that'll be the least of your worries." Spike spun around to see who was talking to him. It was a being that appeared to half human and half demon.

"Adam, I presume?" He asked, flicking the cigarette onto to him. Adam was not amused.

"You're coming with me. We have much to discuss." Adam said with finality.

"Don't think so, mate. The likes of you and me, never work." Spike said, before attempting to punch him. Adam was undaunted.

"I like that. You have spirit- so to speak. But nevertheless, you don't have a choice." Adam said before grabbing the vampire by the neck, ignoring Spike’s struggling and slamming his head into a nearby mausoleum, rendering Spike unconscious. Adam picked him up fireman style, and walked back to the Initiative's secret lab.