Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks Cas and jeanie! To anyone else who's reading, whether you're enjoying this or not, please let me know- your thoughts are much appreciated.
Giles' Flat

"Xander, what happened? Where's Buffy?" a flustered Giles asked worriedly.

"I don't know. I ran over to help her, but before I could even get a 'Buffy, look out!' Spike kinda knocked me unconscious." Again, he thought to himself and gave an exasperated sigh.

"You okay?" Willow said in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, fine. But when I woke up, both of them were gone. I checked the dorm, her house- it's like she vanished..." Xander trailed off.

"Dear lord. We have to find her, and quickly. Anything could have happened to her." Giles said more to himself than to the others.

"But as of right now, Spike's pretty much invincible guy, right?" Oz asked in monotone.

"Yes, since he got hold of the ring, which wasn't supposed to exist, right Giles?" Anya inquired.

"Yes, Anya. Thank you. Dammit! It was supposed to have been a myth." Giles said in frustration, whipping off his glasses angrily.

"He's probably out there with her now. Making her his eternal sex slave or something." Anya said thoughtfully.

"Ahn-" Xander said in a warning tone.

"But the sex would probably be amazing considering the stamina of-"

"Anya! Stop!" Xander yelled, walking over briskly to his pseudo girlfriend.

"God! How can you talk like that? Buffy would never let that happen." Willow said. Oz squeezed her hand in a comforting way.

"Geez. Just saying what you all were most certainly thinking." Anya complained. “And even if you weren’t thinking it, I’m still probably right…” She muttered under her breath, though everyone still heard the comment.

"Well, we don't know. Maybe she just wanted some alone time. You know, after the big fight?" Willow suggested and desperately hoped at the same time.

"As much as I would like to believe that Willow, I...." Giles started, but didn't have the heart to finish the thought.

"Giles, we'll find her. We will." Willow said with determination. Giles gave her a wan smile in response and went to the kitchen to help himself to a brandy.

**************

The Morning After...

Buffy awoke the next morning completely sober and magic free in the cool embrace of her undead mortal enemy. Her breath hitched in her throat as she remembered yesterday’s activities.

"Oh god." She whispered. She tried to maneuver herself off of him, but he wouldn't budge. She began to panic.

"Well, well. Sleeping beauty finally decides to join the land of the living. Well, unliving." Spike said, his eyes still closed as he spoke.

"How long have you been awake?" She asked nervously.

"I dunno. Few minutes 'fore you I 'spose." He said, finally looking at her.

"I- I have to go." She mumbled quickly, still struggling to get up. But with all of her wriggling, he became the only one standing. This new (and very much obvious) discovery (to her disappointment) made her wet.

Oh god! Why am I acting like this!? This is Spike. What the hell is wrong with me?!

"What's your hurry, luv? Don't I get extra credit for still being here? Holding you?" He asked her seriously, arching his scarred eyebrow. She studied him intently as she rolled his questions around in her mind.

"You have to know it would never work. Not in my lifetime anyway. Mortal enemies and all…" She trailed off as she gently caressed his face. He leaned into her touch.

"I know, but a good-bye shag couldn't hurt? I mean, since we're not so drunk or acting like we're in some god awful BC era. Besides, I can smell your arousal, slayer. I know you want me as much as I want you." He said lasciviously.

"Damn vampire sense of smell." She groused, then tentatively kissed his lips. He threaded his fingers through her hair and deepened the kiss, using a slow and sensuous rhythm. She reached down between them and put his member inside of her. She moaned while he hissed at the connection.

The pace they had with their mouths set the pace for their bodies as they mad love slowly on the grass. While the previous night had been about control and dominance, today was about understanding and connecting.

*I'm gonna take you with me * I want to fight you * I'll fucking bite you * Can't stand nobody like you * You can't run * You can't hide * No surprise * Close your eyes * Come with me*

Spike broke off the kissing and began nuzzling her neck.

"So, good. So good. So good..." He chanted. He reached down between them and gently massaged her clit.

"Huh! Spike. I'm,… Aah!" She screamed as she came. He pumped into her a few more times before following her over the precipice with a moan.

"That was bloody amazing." He murmured, breaking the contented silence.

"Yuh huh." She replied. He then pulled out of her, causing her to give a moan of protest.

"Are we gonna talk about this?" He queried.

"Yeah, but this isn't exactly the best of places to do it. Maybe we should go back to my dorm or..."

"Okay. But I think we should get dressed first. Though I certainly have nothing to be ashamed of." He said with a smug grin.

No, you certainly don't she thought.

"You're such a pig, Spike." She said feebly, really wanting to knock the arrogance out of him, but too tired (and satiated) to do so.

"Don't I know it." They then began the search for their clothes.

"Oh, damn it Spike!"

"What?"

"You completely destroyed my shirt. What the hell am I supposed to-"

"Here. Sorry, bout that, pet. Heat of the moment and what all." He said with an almost sheepish grin, as he handed her his black T-shirt.

" 'Sides, I still got the red one." He continued as he buttoned up said shirt.

"Yeah, thanks. But I still liked my blue one." She pouted.

"Yeah, well, with my black shirt and your black pants, throw on a nice red leather duster, and you and I would make a handsome couple." He said reflectively.

"Well, well. Aren't we fashionable." She teased.

"Yeah, well, I try. Come now, pet. Time to walk you back to good ol' UC Sunnyhell." He said, tentatively grabbing her hand. The gesture warmed her heart and had her grinning like a giddy school girl- which she was. Every once in awhile, he'd give her hand a gentle squeeze, which caused her grin to broaden into a full blown smile.

"Here we are. Casa de Summers- Rosenberg. Oh, hope she's not home." She said more to herself than him.

"Willow, ya here? Oh good. She must be at Oz's. Oh, come in." She invited him in without hesitation. She closed the door and sat down on her bed with him beside her.

"So, what happens now?" He asked as he stared intently at his hands, the chipped finger nail polish seemingly to be very interesting all of a sudden.

"I don't know. This whole thing is majorly of the weird, but nice in a really ironic sorta way. I've never been in a situation like this, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't work. Whatever ‘it’ is." She said somewhat sadly.

"Well you know me. Never one to back down from a challenge. Mind if I smoke?" He took a chance at looking at her in the eyes.

"Eew, yes! I still have to breathe with my lungs you know. Being a Slayer already shortens my life considerably. Wouldn't want to make it worse."

"Right." He agreed, realizing that the world would be extremely dull without his Slayer in it.

"But Spike, I mean look- we're complete opposites, well moral wise anyway. And there lies the badness. I mean, one of us would have to do a complete 180 in order to adjust. Either I start killing or you stop. I don’t see either happening."

"Yeah, point there. But think of it Summers- you and me would be spectacular. We'd be invincible and eternal."

"You're already invincible, and eternal. And being a vamp isn’t in the cards for me."

"Yeah, got me there. So, I guess this is where we part our separate ways then?" She nodded her head solemnly. He sighed heavily.

"Right then. See ya around, Summers." He stood up to leave.

"Spike, wait. Would you mind just sitting here with me, until I fall asleep? Rough night." She said with a nervous laugh, really wanting to feel what it was like to be in his arms again. Even so, this time he'd actually be gone when I woke up She thought ruefully. He nodded in agreement.

"Me too." He said, then took his place beside her. He held her close on the narrow bed. Soon after, she was in a deep slumber. Though he felt a pain tugging at his heart strings, he gently kissed her forehead and left.

No matter. I'll be back again one of these days. Never could stay away from her he thought to himself.

****************

"Oh Buffy? A total bunny in the sack. Stamina. But then she gets all whiny and clingy. You do know the difference between a freshman girl and a toilet, right?" But before disgusting Parker Abrams could finish his denunciation of the Slayer, he found himself knocked to the floor with a powerful punch by a mightily pissed off blond haired man. Said man then picked him up and held him against a wall.

"If you ever talk about her like that again, I promise you won't live to regret it, pillock." Spike said in a low, deadly tone in Parker's ear. He could smell the fear coming off of the boy in waves.

"Bastard." He released him and stormed away from him before he made true on his promise right then and there.

"Outta my way." He grumbled as he pushed past Riley, Forrest and Graham.

"Whoa, looks like Buffy found herself a rebound guy pretty quick." Forrest said.

"Maybe he's a relative of some sort." Riley commented.

"Nah, I've seen angry brother types. This was definitely of the jealous boyfriend variety." Graham concluded.

"How peculiar." Riley said, feeling a little heavy hearted. Though he couldn't exactly put his finger on it.

"Oh goddess!" Willow said to herself, having observed the entire scene from the other side of the room.