Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks cordykitten, sirc, Mila, and Spacelord (since Spike left at the beginning of s4, which was like the end of September, about, five months later would be like February, so not exactly ;o).
Five Months Later- The Slayer's Thoughts

So much has happened these past few months. Revelations and epiphanies, new relationships... Where to start? Well, a year and a half since the band candy incident, Mom and Giles finally got together- officially that is. At first, it was majorly weird, but they're happy. Plus I always thought of Giles as my father, type guy anyway, so I guess it makes sense.

Then there's Willow and her new, uh girlfriend Tara. At first I was relieved (cause it took all of the attention away from me and she was happy again). Everyone's okay with it. But it got pretty strained when Oz came back...

He found a way to cure himself- to keep the wolf inside. But when he found out, it was like he had no control over it. He was soon captured by those commando guys. That's when we found out the truth about them. The commando guys are actually Riley, Ms. Walsh and the Initiative- some secret government agency.

At that point, Riley and I had become somewhat close (not in a hot and heavy sort of way, but a serious, more than friendly friendship). I told him about the pregnancy and surprise, surprise, he didn't run away. But the whole Initiative thing kinda threw me. Oz being captured... Riley turned out to be way prejudice, border lining the lines of being a bigot. He helped Oz get out but ever since, his little "demon's are bad" speech, things have been pretty strained between us. Especially the whole part about me being the Slayer (six months pregnant and I can still kick his ass with my eyes closed. So not good for the male ego). I decided on not telling him the truth about Spike and our child.

My "ass kicking days" are over temporarily. It would have been stupid for me to continue to patrol and risk hurting the baby. Besides, with the Initiative crew out and about, it's easier for the Scooby gang to help maintain the peace in the cemeteries.

But aside from all of the craziness, this has been the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. To have this little person growing inside of me and to feel it moving about... I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, yet. The baby was turned around so the doctors couldn't see. But I don't care, as long as it's healthy, and possibly not all "Grrr. Argh" coming out of the womb. Wouldn't do to scare the doctors. But I hope it has his eyes. He had the most beautiful eyes...

Six months since he left, and I often wonder if he's okay. Then I think "of course, cause he has the gem" but it's like I need to see for myself; I need to prove to me with my own eyes that he's okay. I know I sound crazy, but my hormones are all outta wack. Plus Giles seems to think that we accidentally bonded or mated or whatever. I wonder if he feels the same way about me...

I'm really sensitive and sometimes cry for no reason, or over stupid ones like when I accidentally broke one of my mom's plates. It's not like it was even the good china. My first few months into pregnancy, I was totally insane. I was tempted to go out and find him. But luckily, the gang was there to talk some sense into me.

Then sometimes, I think it's best that he doesn't come back. After all, it can only complicate things further. He probably wouldn't believe me anyway. But even so, I miss him all the same. I hate the fact that he's not here with me during all of this. But, chin up now. Gotta get in a happy mood. Willow and Xander planned me a surprise baby shower, and I have to act all surprised. Wouldn't want to disappoint.

*****

2 days earlier...

So, B. You take away everything that's mine and just leave me hangin? Well, thanks to this nice little device, I'm finally gonna get some of my own back. Well, some of yours anyway...


Faith knew that when Buffy fought, she could get down right dirty if need be. The last time they traded blows, she ended up in a coma for a year. Faith was not going to make the same mistake twice. "An asleep slayer is a compliant slayer." Faith said to herself as she doused a rag heavily with chloroform. She had been staking out the Summers' home, and saw that the Slayer was indeed alone, and very much pregnant. But she still had slayer powers, and since she looked as if she was going to drop the kid at any moment, it shouldn't be too hard. Stealing Buffy's life and body should be a breeze.

"Oh yeah. Definitely five by five." She murmured to herself. She hid behind the large tree in front of the house and waited patiently for Buffy to come out.

**********

Buffy decided to wear her new baby blue jogging suit to the "meeting" at Giles' house. Meeting being code name for her surprise baby shower. She only got maybe five paces away from her porch steps before someone came up behind her and forced a foul smelling cloth over her nose and mouth. She thought of her unborn child as everything around her turned dark.

Faith half carried half dragged the unconscious slayer to a car she had stolen previously. She planned on taking her to one of the abandoned warehouses downtown. She thought it was best to make the trade there… Buffy would wake up disoriented, and not knowing what happened to her. At least, not until she looked into a mirror Faith thought with a grin. Just as she opened the door to the back seat of the car, she found herself sprawled on the asphalt from a strong blow to the back of her head.

10 minutes earlier

After ceremoniously rolling over the "Welcome to Sunnydale" sign, Spike decided to drive by 1600 Revello drive. But for some reason, he was oddly nervous. He decided to park the old DeSoto on 1500 Revello Drive and go for a stroll. He took a swig from his silver flask and headed towards the 1600 block of Revello. It was then that he noticed the dark haired girl lurking about the Summers' home.

Well, well. Looky what we have here he thought. Whatever the bird is doing there, it can't be good. He continued to observe her as she observed the house before finally taking her place on the side of the tree. A few minutes later, his Slayer came out of the house in her golden... Bloody hell! She's pregnant! Spike felt a pain constrict his heart at this.

"Son of a bitch." He said quietly. Now he definitely had to put offin' that Parker bloke on his agenda. Before he had the chance to have anymore gory, murderous thoughts of ripping out the boys entrails, the lurky bint crept out from her hiding spot and put something over Buffy's face, causing her to pass out.

"Shit." He muttered as he stealthily crept closer. The dark haired bitch then proceeded to drag the pregnant Slayer towards some car. That was when he made his move. He crept closer with the stealth only a master vamp could acquire. When close enough, he punched her hard in the back of her head, causing her to cry out and fall to the ground.

"Now, just what the hell do you think you're doing? When the Slayer comes to, she'll probably be mightily pissed, I'd wager."

Though her head hurt like hell, Faith picked herself up from the ground and faced her attacker.

"Who the hell are you? Some Billy Idol reject?"

"Hey, no need to insult. Just thought I should warn you, if you go against the Slayer and hers, you'll lose. Especially now that I've signed up for the team."

"Yeah, well I don't much care. Besides, I've got no reason to be afraid of B. Especially the state that she's in now."

"Ya know what? I'm through talking." He advanced upon her with a hard left that she blocked, then kicked him hard in the torso. He briefly stumbled, blocked her raised knee and hit her hard in the chest with the palm of his hand. The action stunned her, setting fire to her lungs. She backed off.

"What pet? Big bad scare ya?" She gave him a scornful look before she ran in the opposite direction. He didn't give chase, however. There were more pressing matters at hand.

"Buffy? Buffy luv?" Her pulse was still steady and strong. There didn't appear to be any damage. But because of her condition, he didn't want to take any chances. He carefully picked her up and walked back to his car. He was taking her to the hospital. As he carried her, he felt this strong sensation inside of him; something was calling to his demon. He pushed the strange feeling aside and continued his jog down the block to his car.


Giles' Flat

"Giles, she should have been here by now. I mean, I know she's only twenty minutes late but-"

"Well since she's late anyway, can we start eating now? Just because she's late, we shouldn't have to starve." Anya rudely interrupted Willow.

"Well maybe she's just taking awhile because she couldn't decide on what to wear. You know how she's always going on about looking fat." Xander commented.

"Besides, Mr. Giles. I know its dark out, but the streets are relatively safe, what with the Initiative capturing the hostiles." Riley said.

"I think that I'll just call the house and see if she's left yet." Joyce said in a voice that attempted to downplay her concern.

"Well if she's not here in another ten minutes, I'll drive around." Giles said.

"She's not home. No one answered." Joyce said in a cross between dejection and happiness. The uncertainty of whether Buffy was okay or not left her feeling indecisive.

"It'll be all right I'm sure. I'll go look for her now." Giles said, kissing Joyce on the forehead before heading out.

"I hope so." Joyce whispered to herself as he closed the door.

********

"So she'll be alright then?" Spike asked the doctor.

"Yes. There were no injuries. Whatever it was that knocked her out, my guess chloroform, won't cause any damage. The baby is fine. She should be awake in the next hour or so. Are you the father?" Spike visibly wilted at the question before putting on a false smile.

"No, just a close friend of the family. Mind if I go in and sit with her until she wakes?"

"Oh sure. Is there anyone I can call?" The bleached haired man appeared nice enough, but the doctor felt it best to have an actual member of the patient's family.

"Um yeah. I'll call in a moment." Spike went to check on the sleeping slayer first. She looked so peaceful lying there. Then he felt it again- some invisible force pulling at his demon. He ignored it again as he stared intently at her rounded belly. He was fascinated by it yet upset at the same time.

Oh, if only.... he thought to himself.

He reached out a tentative hand and let it hover over her stomach. The invisible force appeared to grow stronger. It terrified and fascinated him at the same time. When he finally made contact with his open palm, the feeling became stronger and refused to be ignored. He gave a loud audible gasp. The feelings coursing through him were indescribable. His demon was filled completely with elation. Involuntary tears of joy and shock streamed down his face as he made the physical, mental and demon connection.

"Oh god, it's mine. It's mine." He said hoarsely as he burst into sobs.