Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long folks! I'm really depressed at the moment and that is messing with my muse, but this one is nearly finished now. Hope you enjoy...
Angel was nervous, he didn’t want the plane journey to end but at the same time he knew that he needed to get to Sunnydale as quickly as possible. He spent most of the journey alternating between staring out the window, brooding and fidgeting and moaning that the airplane wasn’t going fast enough. It wasn’t a pleasant journey for him or the passenger sitting next to him wearing a business suit and trying to concentrate on a report whilst ignoring the man sitting beside him, who was clearly a little insane.

The dark and moody man was the first out of his seat the second the plane stopped and after looking at his face, no one got in his way. Biting his tongue to stop from yelling at the stewardess, he bounced on his heels waiting for the door to open. He all but ran through the airport and grabbed the first taxi he saw, jumping in and giving the address of the home he had grown up in, he reasoned that he could collect his luggage later. There would be time enough after he had warned Buffy of the possible danger.

The taxi driver wasn’t a big talker, for which Angel was eternally grateful. Small talk was beyond him right now. He looked blindly out of the window staring at the town he had spent a large part of his childhood living in; it was strange but very little had changed. They passed the park where he got his first kiss and drove over the bridge he and Spike had spent hours sitting on, discussing life, love and anything else they could come up with. He smiled a little then but it was a bittersweet smile as Angel realised for the first time that he missed his brother. They has been so close, shared everything, even girls on a number of occasions, how could Spike have ended up with Drusilla…

Angel laughed a little as he thought back to how the scene had played out. He had been sitting on the sofa at a slightly dull party, with his arm around a skinny brunette with dark eyes, when Spike walked through the door with the most beautiful blonde girl Angel had ever seen. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her. When he finally managed to glance at his brother, he could see Spike’s mouth open, his eyes on Drusilla. Neither of them said a word to the other, they hadn’t needed to they simply switched dates and that was that.

His smile fell from his face as he remembered Darla, his sweet and feisty Darla. That girl would try anything once and ultimately that was what killed her, him and Spike. They killed her…

Shaking away the bad thoughts he brought his mind back to the present just in time for the taxi to pull up in front of the familiar house and his heart lurched into his throat as he saw the police car sitting in front of the taxi. Quickly he paid the driver and ran to the door, unsure exactly what to expect, but certain that it wouldn’t be good.

The door was open and walking in the first thing he saw was Spike. Given the shock of seeing the brother he had avoided for so long, he could be forgiven for not recognising that the blonde that was clinging to Spike for dear life was in fact his wife.

“Spike!” he exclaimed in shock, “What is happening?”

Spike and Buffy turned suddenly.

“Angel, thank God!” Buffy began, loosening her hold on Spike, but not letting go. “Somebody has stolen Katie.” Her eyes were red raw from crying and her body shook with shock. There was no way on earth that she could stand on her own.

Angel noticed the clinging and waited for the feeling of jealousy to hit him. When it didn’t, he put it down to shock and quite firmly ignored the feeling that he was intruding on a private moment, that this tragedy was something that he didn’t get to share. He eyed Spike warily, he had heard strange things about his brother over the years, like that visit he had from the CIA…

“Angel, long time no see mate. Da’s in the Caribbean and we decided not to call him back just yet.”

Angel nodded, “Who’s in charge at the moment?” he asked. “Gunn’s flight is due in soon and I need to get the run down so that when I collect him from the airport we can start moving immediately.”

“Mrs Giles?” an old voice asked from the front door.

Both Angel and Spike turned quickly and spoke together, “Doctor Fand?”

The short white haired doctor looked at the two men with wise, but tired old eyes “Angel, I haven’t seen you in years my boy what have you been up to?”

Still in shock Angel isn’t really listening. “I thought you’d be retired by now!”

“Mostly I am,” the doctor replied, “but when we are busy, I still help out. My son Billy now runs the practice. Now let me get to this poor young woman. I think we need to give her something for the shock.” He bustled his way to Buffy and took her by the arm, “Let’s go have a look at you my dear.” He said whilst pulling her towards the stairs. Buffy looked at Spike with pleading eyes, she didn’t want to be alone. She needed him with her and her arm was outstretched towards him. Spike simply looked towards Angel, his eyes unreadable.

Angel seeing the exchange between the pair of blondes and Spike’s look he swallowed his pride. He couldn’t help Buffy, he didn’t have the right and she needed someone. He looked back at his brother, “Go with her, I need to talk to the police anyway. I’ll need to speak to you later though; police statements seem to be a little bare.”

Spike nodded and slowly followed Buffy and the doctor up the stairs. Angel with his trained eye spotted what appeared to be a concealed gun tucked under Spike’s shirt. He approved whole heartedly and he began to believe that possibly Spike was a spook. That would come in handy, whilst he was searching for Katie and the bastard who had taken her. He would at least know that Buffy was in safe hands.

After talking to the police and learning that Buffy had been sedated and was sleeping, Angel left for the airport in his Spike’s car to pick up Gunn and his luggage. He hadn’t learned a lot from the police, but he knew that some of the tracks found in the flowerbeds had been old, but that they matched those found in Buffy and Katie’s bedroom. It was very likely that whoever had done this had been watching the house for some time. Angel knew exactly who had done it and it fitted his MO perfectly and that this time he wasn’t looking to catch him. He was going to kill him.