Chapter 6: Delusions

"Amazing." she said in wonder as she played with the light switch controlling the lights of the lobby area. Angel stood the front desk, looking over the newspaper of the day. He was looking for any bizarre deaths or accidents from the night before.

Click.

"---supposed attack happened at the old bridge." he read along before---

Click.

He sighed in frustration as the room went dark again. He breathed out, counting to ten as the lights flipped back on. He waited for a minute as he heard Rose run into the kitchen to play with the lights there. He started reading again, ignoring the sounds of boots against the hardwood floor when the room went dark yet again. "Damn it." he muttered under his breathe before yelling. "Spike!"

Click.

"Come along now Rose." Spike said as he rushed up to his cousin, pulling her away from the lobby light switch. "How bout we leave the lights alone right?" he said, his hands on her shoulders.

"Lights? More like the sun! I can brighten the world and plunge it into darkness again---" Rose started as she was dragged from the magic switch, looking back at it longingly. She liked it. It was amazing that one little switch could make the whole world light up. Back at home, only the very rich could afford such devices and only in a few choice rooms. But here it was in every room and sometimes there were more than one. "Where are we going?"

"I'm gonna to take you outside for a bit of fresh air." Spike said, putting one arm around her as he lead her towards the door. It was night now so he thought it would be safe for him to take her outside. "Angel we're going out!"

"Can I pet the horses? Do we still use horses or---" Rose's question was cut off as the doors shut after them.

"Finally!" Angel sighed. He shook the newspaper and started reading it again when he heard screaming coming from outside. He looked up in alarm as Rose ran back inside the building as if the hounds of hell were chasing her, screaming all the while. She froze in the middle of the lobby unsure where to go.

"What is it?" Angel asked. Rose saw him and ran towards him, jumping over the counter and hiding behind it, looked up at him with fear in her eyes. "Rose what's wrong?"

"Monster! Demon from hell sent to drag me to Satan himself!" Rose choked out, her eyes wide as she poked her head up from her hiding spot. "They've come for me, I'm sure of it! They said that they would!"

"Bloody bus it was." Spike groused, walking in with blood on his face. "We were just crossing the street and she bloody flipped when she saw the bus coming at us." He licked the blood from his fingers as he fingered the scratches on his face.

Angel rolled his eyes before folded the paper up. There was no way he could finish the paper until Rose learned everything about the world she found herself in. Like a child, she needed someone to teach her about the world and everything in it before she would be able to take care of herself. "Come on child, you must be feeling hungry."

"Yes." Rose replied. "You won't let the demon take me? Please. I don't want to go to Hell. I've done nothing wrong."

Spike spared a glance at Angel before shaking his head. "Bollocks."

"I'll die before I let that happen luv." Spike said, leaning over the counter to look at her. Rose seemed to think about this before she let him pull her to her feet. "Come on, I'm feeling peckish myself."

She smiled. "What are we having?"

"Pig."

"Oh I love pork with mash--!" She stopped when Angel handed her a cup of blood. "Oh. Right."

For a second there, she had forgotten that she was a vampire. Another delusion.

She looked at the cup before looking over her shoulder. The man stared at her through dead eyes, his face a mass of bruises. "Cheers mate." she said raising her cup to him. He didn't respond.

Spike sensed a change overcoming Rose. "Rose, what are you looking at?"

"Hmm? Oh nothing to worry about Spike." Rose replied, turning back to her cousin. "Just a shadow."

Spike quirked an eyebrow before nodding. "Okay."

"I'm sorry I hurt you." she said, touching the bloody lines on his face. "Can you show me that picture box again? That---telly thing?" she asked him, wanting to change the subject. "I just love it!"

"Sure sweetling." Spike said, leading her out of the kitchen and into office where a tv sat on a desk. "I'll even show you the best show ever written--Passions!"

=====================

A few hours later, with dawn coming everyone decided to retire for the day. Rose sat on her bed, her legs drawn up to her chest, leaning her chin on her knees. She saw that it was bright outside, the sunlight poking its light into the room once in a while through the thick curtains. Spike put them up just before dawn, telling her that she needed to keep the sun out at all times.

She loved the sun. She spent what time she could in it.

But now--now it could kill her. It will burn her. As much as she loved it, she couldn't go back to it. And it broke her heart.

She looked at the burnt skin on her left hand. Of course she should have known, Spike had explained to her about the dangers of the sun, crosses and everything fatal to a vampire. He wanted to take care of her. Like William took care of her as a child. Like Lady Anne.

She sniffed back her tears as she thought of her dead aunt. She missed her ever so.

"Don't cry dearie. She's in a better place. She's resides in heaven luv, while I live in hell."

Rose looked up at the fancy dressed woman with the large feather in her hat standing at the end of her bed. She was deathly pale with dark shadows under her eyes. Her neck was bent in a odd way with twin puncture marks on her neck.

"Were you bad?" Rose asked softly.

"I'm not a sinner!" Rose squeezed her eyes shut and covered her ears as the woman screamed at her. She shivered as she slowly opened her eyes. The woman was gone. Rose didn't think this as odd. That woman wasn't the first to visit her. And Rose knew that the woman wouldn't be the last. She laid down, hugging the pillow close to her as she closed her eyes to sleep as the voices echoed in the room.

"Look at you---"

"Lying sweet little girl---"

"My baby. He was right in arms---"

Rose whimpered, pulling a pillow over her head to drown out the voices. She just wanted to sleep. Sleep cause she was tired, tired of hearing them, of being here in this unknown place. She was tired of being alone. Tired of this delusion.

================

He bent to kiss, very gently, the curve of her stomach. His hands stroked her soft, yet muscular thighs, slowly parting them until he found the familiar swelling of her flesh that was his alone to know. He touched it then, felt its heat and wet, and his world came very close to exploding. He felt the blood rushing through his veins, felt again that familiar sensation of being so high, so powerful, so masterful, so on top of the world and so very much in love with the woman lying quiescent before him that... My God... He needed to tell it, to share it, somehow. He didn’t know if there were even words at all for this, but still, he needed and wanted so very much...

He lay down beside Buffy, still fingering the entrance to his beloved’s body, molding himself close, resting his head against the smoothness of a shoulder, nuzzling it, stroking it with his cheek. His whisper, when it came, barely seemed to be in his own voice. "Have I ever told you that this is my favorite part?"

The blonde head turned and Spike kissed the warm flesh beneath his lips.

"When I take the time to get you ready for me... Oh, Buffy, there’s nothing like it in the world. When I touch you here, slip into you, reach up deep inside of you with my finger, feel you opening up for me..." A second digit joined the first, and Buffy’s body quivered in reaction as Spike found her G-spot.

"Spike."

"There’s nobody else who gets to be this close to you, nobody else you want like this, nobody else who feels you relaxing and opening and accepting more and more... Only me." A third finger, and Buffy gasped with pleasure, clutching the silk sheets tightly. She was shaking now, seemingly desperate with need.

"And I feel you so hot and tight around me and I feel you squeezing me, reaching for me deep inside, wanting me..."

"Oh Spike---"

Spike felt the sweat gathering in the cleft between her breasts. He rubbed his face against it, tasting it, and knew that it was almost time. Buffy’s hips were thrusting back and forth now against the pressure of his hand and she was obviously ready for more, wanted more, wanted what she only ever wanted Spike to give her. He slid across her body, slipping up and over, positioning himself. He was rock solid and clamped down hard at the first brush of his engorged penis against her slippery folds... Can’t lose it yet, not yet...


"Spike!"

Spike jerked awake when something soft hit him in the head, smothering him. He pulled it off with a growl and his eyes flashing as he faced his attacker. They better pray that it was worth it because he felt like doing serious damage to them, in the rip-out-their-innards-and-choke-em kind of way---

"Rose?!" He gasped. She was kneeling on the bed, wearing one of his t-shirts since he didn't have a chance to take her shopping for more clothes. It was mid thigh to her and--- He quickly grabbed the pillow she had thrown at him and put it over his lap, hiding his erection from her. Lucky for him, she didn't seem to notice.

She just looked at him, her eyes half open and her hair falling over half her face. She push it back weakly before she made some kind of sound, like a mew or whimper, he wasn't sure. But he could tell that something was bothering her as she slapped herself on the face. She slapped herself again---

"Rose what's wrong?" Spike asked, startled by her actions, grabbing on to her hand to keep her from hitting herself. He opened the bond with her and felt how tired she was but the fear that she had when she closed her eyes.

She looked at him as if she were truly seeing him, her cheek red from her own slaps. "Huh?"

"Are you alright?"

Rose frowned, thinking his question through before she smiled. "Yeah, just--can't sleep and---can I sleep with you?"

"Well--uh--I think---" The throbbing in his lap was saying otherwise. It was mortifying that his kid cousin would be here when he needed to wank off. Not to mention, he was naked underneath the covers. "I don't think---"

"Its just too loud in my room." Rose said, crawling up to him. She didn't make a move to pull the covers over her as she snuggled up to Spike, who was still shocked at her actions. "I can't sleep with all the noise."

She grabbed his arm and pulled it to her, using it as a pillow and sighed contentfully. "It's so quiet here---Night--" she mumbled as she drifted off to sleep. "--stupid delusions--"

Spike watched as Rose slept on his arm. "Well bugger." he grumbled as he settled down, keeping the pillow on his lap and tried to get back to sleep.

Somehow.