Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a two for one deal. Extra enjoyment for all!

Thanx to everyone who has commented on my story!! Makes a girl write faster...XD
Grunts and growls could be heard in the small room. The sound of metal hitting metal ringed through the air with the brief, "Bloody Hell!” and "Son of a--" as someone got a close call of the dustpan kind.

Angel and Spike were fighting.

Again.

"Point!" Rose called out without looking up from her task as Spike was knocked off his feet with Angel pointing the sword at his throat. "12-13. Angel ahead by one!"

"You're not even paying attention!" Spike yelled out as he jumped to his feet and circled around Angel before he lunged at him. They started fighting again.

Rose looked up to tilt her head at Spike. "Well I'm bored. All you two do is fight all the time. I mean, bloody hell, you guys are pretty much even with each other. You beat him up. He beats you up. Illyira beats you both up. And everyone beats up on me, cuz I may have the skills but not the memories to use them."

She jumped up from her seat on the stacked mats as Spike elbowed Angel in the face, making his nose bleed. They threw down the swords and vamped out, using fists and fangs to continue fighting.

"Why is that exactly anyways?" she asked them, with an angry pout and her hands on her hips. "I mean, I'm like 100 years old but yet, I have no recollection from the time I've met him--" she pointed to Angel who was in an arm bar. "And waking up with you." She pointed to Spike, who was in a headlock.

"You'll remember luv." Spike wheezed. "It'll come."

They fell to the ground, refusing to be the one who let go. Letting go now would be sign of defeat and none of them wanted to lose to the other. Rose watched, shaking her head at them as they continued squeezing and pulling. She could see that they were in pain and getting woozy. "Oh for crying out loud! It's a tie!"

They let go and rolled away from each other, both panting and staggering about. Rose sighed and went to the mini fridge and pulled out some blood for the three of them. Just watching them made her hungry. She tossed a packet to each of them before tearing into her own.

"Would I want to remember?" she asked. "Cuz Hello! Vampire, bloodsucker and hunter of the innocent before I got a soul." She gleaned that off the TV. Angel has basic cable and Rose spent alot of her time glued to the screen in an effort to learn about the world. Plus she wasn't allowed out by herself. "From what I understand, either I'll spend a hundred years hunting rats or hide in a basement speaking to ghosts for half a year. Which, lucky me, hasn't happened yet. Maybe my sins weren't that bad and my soul isn't as tortured as you two."

Angel raised his eyebrow at Spike for that little spin he gave her. Angel was unsure about that little lie, knowing how lies tended to blow up in everyone's faces but Rose swallowed it, hook, line and sinker. She believed that she had a soul like them. It was how she explained away the spirits she kept seeing. Angel was looking into why she was being haunted by spirits but so far came up empty.

"Yeah, yeah, cry all you want, its past." Rose said to the air behind her. "Whatever! Go away, you're bothering me."

"Spirits again?" Spike asked, crumbling his packet and throwing it in the trash.

"Yeah. Geez, you'd think they'd give it a rest already." Rose groused, folding her empty packet and then throwing it away.

When Rose first told them about the spirits, they doubted her. And then they became worried as Rose started lashing out for no apparent reason. She never wanted to be alone and when she was, she turned on all the lights, stereos and TV’s until someone came back. Said that it made it easier to ignore them.

She slept with Spike, in his bed, much to Spike's frustration. The upside was that it gave her the time to sleep and a well rested vampire was a happy vampire. The downside was he couldn't kick Rose out to her own room so he could get his jollies because she would pull the wounded Victorian girl on him and he couldn't handle that.

"Gods, I wish that there was a spell to quiet spirits from souled vampires." Rose sighed dramatically. "How do you guys do this?"

Spike grinned and threw her the sword. She caught it with ease, which surprised her. "Give us your best shot pet."

====================

"Ow! Ow! Owie!"

"You shoulda ducked." Spike said to Rose as he cleaned the cut on her arm.

"You shoulda held back. I'm a girl for crying out loud! You know, weak and helpless." she whined as she pulled back her arm from the stinging solution he was using.

"It’s the 21st century luv." Spike said as he threw away the bloodied cotton and wraps. "Women aren't helpless. They aren't weak. They can be their own person now and believe me pet, they pretty much demand it." He shook his head. "I've had plenty of experiences on that."

"Well it’s still the 19th century for me." Rose said, looking at the wound. It wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. "I'm still shell shocked at how much everything changed. Its feels like a dream sometimes. Like one day, I'll wake up in England at the Manor in my own bed. That everything was just a horrible nightmare. But then I remember--I'm a vampire with a soul in the America. A hundred years have gone by and I don't remember any of it."

"Rose--"

"I have you though." Rose said. She smiled at Spike. "You may not be William anymore but you're still my cousin. Still my blood. And that makes it bearable."

Spike felt his chest tighten at her words. How was it that she could say something like that and make it sound like it’s the ultimate truth? How could anyone say that she didn't have a soul? But she didn't. He knew this and he fed her a lie. He just hoped that she wouldn't find out. So far, he and Angel have taught her control over the bloodlust. How to turn that hunting instinct from humans to demons. To fight not for the mere pleasure of it but for the greater good and to protect the weak and stupid.

Well okay that was his point of view. Angel was the one teaching her to fight the good fight. He could care less---if any really. He was always up for a fight and fighting against evil was just his way of releasing his tension, his frustration and just for the hell of it. Plus he didn't want the world to end; he liked it the way it was.

"So. Are you up for tonight?" he asked her, shifting away from the serious mood to a lighter one. "Hunting or baiting?"

"Can we go to a club?"

"Sure."

"Then I'm the bait and you're the hunter." Rose said cheerfully.

====================

"--and we believe it’s not the real me.
Somebody help me tame this animal!
This animal. This animal."


The music blared through the small club as the dancers jerked and jumped on the dance floor. Spike stood near the bar with a half empty whiskey bottle by him. It's been four hours now, and still nothing. No vampires. No demons. Hell, not even a drunk frat boy to kick around.

Tonight was just dead.

He looked out over the dance floor and spotted Rose surrounded by girls and guys, vying for her attention. She was smoking hot tonight. She went for tight and small tonight. A tiny pink tank top that was small enough to only cover her breasts covered by a black mesh long sleeved shirt. She wore tight back jeans that were ripped in all kinds of areas that shouldn't have been ripped and high heeled platform boots. Her hair was twisted up to spike out but she had plenty more loose and it swung like rope as she jumped around to the song.

"But there's still rage inside.
Somebody get me through this nightmare.
I can't control myself!"


As the chorus started up, Rose jumped from body to body, a large smile on her face as she enjoyed the contact. She's been cooped up at the hotel on Spike's sayso and he used his status as her Sire, to make her follow him. As annoyed it made her, she understood. She didn't know the world outside the hotel that much. It was still taking some time to get used to riding in a car, seeing the city lights that glowed at night and not to mention the freedom given to women and men.

Right now, she was on a rush, feeling the blood pumping through the veins of the dancers around her. She was pulled close to men, feeling something hard pressed against her before moving on to a soft woman's body, giggling as they danced together. Moving on. She brought her lips close to the neck of a wallflower she pulled from the shadows during the last break.

"And we believe it’s not the real me.
Somebody help tame this animal!
Somebody help me through this nightmare.
I can't control myself.
Somebody wake me from this nightmare.
I can't escape this hell!"


She licked his neck, feeling him shudder against her and smiled against his neck. It would be so delicious if she could--she nipped him and heard him groan in pleasure. She felt her teeth lengthen at being so close to prey. She's the hunter and he's her prey. Her neck started buzzing with a warning, a strange tingling that if she wasn't so focused on the guy's neck, she would have reacted.

"ANIMAL!"

"This animal!"

"This animal!"


Spike sensed a change coming from Rose and turned around to see her holding a boy by the neck, licking at the vein. He stumbled from his stool and pushed his way to the dance floor as he felt the hunter rising in Rose. It was hungry and it was needy, two combinations that made vampires dangerous at any age. Though over a hundred, Rose was no more than a fledgling by her standards.

"So what if you can see the darkest side of me
No one will ever change this animal I've become."


Spike finally reached the dance floor, a strange warning buzz tingling at the back of his neck, only to see Rose was gone and the boy standing in a daze. He walked over to him, and turned him around. No bite marks. She didn't feed. Then where did she go?

"Where is she?" Spike demanded from the boy, the warning buzz getting him worked up. It couldn't be---now here!

"Wha--"

"Where is she?!" Spike yelled shaking the boy for good measure. The boy's eyes widen at the anger in the man's eyes. "Where did she go?!"

"That way!" the boy pointed towards the fire exit that led to the alley behind the club. This man seriously gave him the shivers. "A bunch of girls led her---"

Spike didn't stay to listen, as he felt a sharp rush of fear and pain coming through the Childe bond and rushed out of the club towards the alley. Oh god! Rose was taken by Slayers!

====================

Rose hit the wall with a bone throttling slam, sending the trash cans flying. She raised her arms up in a defensive position as a girl with pink hair kicked at her. She kicked out, hitting the girl's ankles and heard a snap. The girl fell with a cry, rolling away as Rose jumped up, her hands clenched in fists.

"Who are you?!" she demanded. "What do you want?!"

There were four of them, sans the pinked haired girl. They had pointy sticks in their hands and they were looking at her as if she were an enemy. But that was strange because she didn't know any of these girls. The only female she knew was Illyria and she wasn't very kind. Not to mention she was blue.

"You're a vampire." a brunette said with a frown. She clearly was the leader of the group.

Rose frowned. "How did you know that?" she asked, surprised. "Are you vampires too?"

She ducked with an eep! as a girl, this one blonde, attacked her with a fury of kick and punch combos. She wasn't very good and they were sloppy and slow as she tried to stab Rose with her pointy stick. Rose knew this because she had Spike and Angel and Illyria as teachers and they were harsh ones. She fought back, overtaking the girl and throwing her back at the group.

"Stop! I don't want to fight you!" Rose said upset. This was confusing because clearly they were trying to kill her. The blonde had gotten close with that pointy stick. "What do you want?!"

"We want you floating in the wind." the leader said. "You're a vampire and we're chosen to fight against you."

"Chosen? What are you, some kind of zealots or religious fanatics?" Rose asked with a smirk. "What, you special or something? Touched by the spirits--"

"We're Slayers!"

Rose froze before frowning. "What's a Slayer?"

"We are chosen to fight against the demons of the world. We are chosen to fight evil and protect the innocent and weak from those who would harm them." the leader said proudly. "And that includes staking you vampire."

"Oh." Rose said still confused before everything clicked. "OH! You help the helpless. That's cool! Then you shouldn't be fighting me cuz I have a soul. I'm fighting for greater and nobler things just like you."

The girls looked at her as if she were crazy before they laughed. "That's funny. But soo wrong. There are only two vampires known to have souls and they're dead."

"Well--" They whirled around, surprised that someone came up from behind them without them knowing. Some of them caught their breath as a sexy man with killer hair and cheeks stepped out of the shadows. "That's half true."

"Spike!"

"Rose you okay?" Spike asked, his accent rougher than usual. Probably had to do with him running to find them. He was relieved to see that Rose was still undead if only dirty and wet.

"Yeah. Nothing that a good day's rest can't fix." Rose said as she slowly made her way pass the Slayers. "But they're being mean to me. They tried stabbing me with the pointy sticks."

"Yeah. Slayers tend to stake first, ask questions later." Spike said, pulling Rose to his side when she was close enough.

"You know about Slayers?" Rose asked in surprise.

"Yeah. I do."

"And you didn't---"

"Can we stake them now?" a girl asked bored with all the talk.

"Yeah go for it." the leader said with a shrug.

Spike didn't wait for the first punch to be thrown, launching himself into the fray with Rose right behind him.