Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone that has continued to read and review this fic. It's become a labor of love really to write thing, it has helped me work though so many things that I have gone though in the past year, and it continues to everytime I write it. I can't say how much it means to me that you enjoy it as much as I do. *hugs to all* thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

And to all of you wanting to know when and IF it's going to get smutty? Yes it will but not quiet there, but I hope the little bit of romantic fluff helps hold you guys over until them.

And as always many, many thanks to my wonderful beta, and dear friend, Vamps.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It wasn’t until Buffy was back at Spike’s hotel room that the reality of the situation hit her. Sure she remembered Gwen helping her pack up everything she wanted to take with her, the clothes, her journal, and the tiny keep-sake box she kept way in the back of the closet where Riley couldn’t find it and then exchanging her cell phone with her sister in law’s so Riley had no way of finding or contacting her.

But it all seemed so surreal until that very moment when she was changing back into her pajama bottoms and tank top getting ready for bed and folding her jeans and t-shirt and laying them on top of what remained of her life.

What was she going to do….where was she going to go?

She couldn’t go back to the diner. That’s the first place he’d look after he found out she’d left, well there, and probably Gwen and Faith’s place.

She winced thinking what he’d do to his step sister and her lover. He’d kill them for sure if he thought they had anything to do with her escaping. Panicking she grabbed at her clothes again desperately needing to get back before Riley found out, she just couldn’t put them in danger like that.

Just as she was pulling her shirt on Spike knocked on the bedroom door, “Luv, food’s here.”

“I’ll be right there.” She called out, sighing deeply, she dropped the garment back where it was. She knew it was futile and probably fatal if she ever did return back to her old apartment.

Spike had told her a little about what he’d found out about Riley on their way to the hotel. That along with Dru’s vision and what she knew about her husband and his violent rages was enough to make her think better of returning.

Still, she couldn’t help worry about the two women that were like sisters to her. How could she keep them from getting hurt?

Opening the door the aroma of hot food assaulted her, making her realize just how hungry she was. Buffy was so used to not eating or eating so very little on any given day, that she didn't even notice that she hadn't eaten all day.

In fact she hadn't even felt all that hungry when Spike had heard her stomach grumble on the drive over. She insisted she was fine, but he wouldn’t listen, so the minute they got to the hotel he’d called the pizza place just down the street and ordered them food.

And at that very moment she was grateful he had.

“God, it smells wonderful. What did you order?” she asked joining him on the couch in the living room of his suite.

Spike gave her a sheepish smile pulling out assorted sized white containers from the bags in front of him. “Well, I wasn’t too sure what ya ate anymore so…” glancing down he pulled out napkins and forks, “kinda of ordered one of everything.” He blushed slightly, knowing he ordered enough food to feed an army.

“I already put the soda in the mini frig, so...go ahead," He said motioning to the spread in front of them, "and help yourself.”

Buffy blinked taking in all the food, surely he wasn’t expecting her to eat it all, and especially not all by herself ...was he?

Biting her lip she started opening the containers to see just what there was to choose from while he folded a bag, got up and sat it on the end table before moving to the mini fridge to grab them both drinks.

“What ya fancy, pet? Didn’t know what to get so I got Coke, Pepsi, Diet, Spirit, bottled water, beer, ya name it. We’ve got it all. Could even get something a little harder if ya wanted it,” he asked motioning to the stocked mini bar in the far corner of the room.

“No, that’s fine. Thanks. I’ll just take a diet, please.”

Grabbing a soda for the both of them he returned to the couch. Sitting down beside her as she simply sat there staring at all the food.

“Ummm… you are going to help me eat all this right?” she questioned giving him a pleading look.

He chuckled, even though he’d already eaten a few hours ago with Angel and Dru and he really wasn’t that hungry he couldn’t say no to her. She just looked helpless and so adorable that he couldn’t help but agree.

The petite blond beamed leaning over to hug him and give him a quick kiss on the cheek before letting him go. It was a simple, even friendly gesture really, but it was one that warmed his heart more than he could say.

It was the first time since he’d seen her at the diner the night before that she actually reached out for him… and she’s smiling his subconscious added.

No, not smiling, beaming. She was actually smiling from ear to ear all because he'd said he’d eat something with her. Something so simple… and so common and it made her smile.

‘Good lord, what did that wanker do to her to make such a simple thing mean so much to her?’

‘Best not think about it right now,’ he thought to himself, ‘cause if he did he knew he’d do something terrible foolish. Like run off and kill the fucker before made sure she was safely tucked out of harms way.

And that was something he wasn’t willing to allow.

‘No, first thing’s first. Make sure his girl was safe, find out just what he was dealing with and then go after the bastard,’ he reminded himself as he watched her put little bits of food on her plate.

Filling his own Styrofoam plate he smiled as she took a bite out of a fried mozzarella stick. She moaned letting the warm gooey cheese stretch out as she pulled it away.

Spike’s cock jumped to life at the sound. Shifting to try and hide his reaction to her, he took a drink of his Coke and willed his erection down. Unfortunately, his body wouldn’t listen, nor could he keep his eyes off her as she made eating the cheese stick look and sounds sinful.

‘Maybe I should’ve taken the beer instead,’ he thought trying to force himself to concentrate on what he was eating. But no matter how hard he tried, the spicy chicken wings and anti-pasta salad just didn’t seem as appealing as the blond next to him.

For the next few minute they ate relative silence, Spike trying to find a way to tell her all that he’d found out about…Riley.

He couldn’t even bring himself to think about the fact that he was Buffy’s husband. No, that bastard didn’t deserve her. He had no right being married to the woman he himself loved.

And yes, he really still loved her. Just as much as he did before he left for New York City, if not more. He’d never stopped loving her, and probably never would even if after all this was over with she decided to move on to a new life without him.

He’d still love her.

While Buffy ate she tried figure out a way to tell Spike how grateful she was, she found that there were no words to describe how truly thankful she was for him coming to her rescue.

And yet she had this sinking feeling it wasn’t over yet.

No, she knew it wasn’t. Riley wasn’t the kinda man to just let this go. He’d follow them to the ends of the earth and back just to punish her for ever leaving him. She knew it.

He wouldn’t care who he hurt along the way, who had to suffer for it. But she did. She cared. And she didn’t want all the people she loved and cared about to suffer because of her.

Setting her plate aside she turned towards Spike, “Will, this isn’t over. You know that right? He’ll keep coming after me until he kills… me,” she whispered the last part as tears welled up in her eyes. Damnit, she didn’t want to die. She wanted to live… Wanted to do so many things still…

Before she could blink Spike was pulling her in to his arms, murmuring sweet nothings against her hair and trying desperately to sooth her. It broke his heart to see her like this.

“Shhh…. It’ll be alright, luv. I promise. Not gonna let him hurt you. Not now, not ever.” He told her peppering her with tiny butterfly kisses.

Shaking her head she pulled back to look up at him. “You can’t promise that. You don’t know what he’s like. He won’t stop, he won’t. He’ll go after everyone I care about… everyone I know until he can get to me. He’s not above killing either.” She swallowed hard trying to clear her throat, God...just thinking about it made her sick.

“He’ll go after Gwen and Faith first. I know it…” she trailed off as the tears started flowing unchecked down her pale face.

“Buffy. Luv please don’t cry,” his finger brushing away the salty drops as they continued to fall.

“I can’t lose them, I just can’t…. they’re all I have. All I've had for so long….please, please help them.” She begged burying her head against his chest and wept.


~*~

After watching Spike drive off with Buffy, Gwen called Faith and let her know everything was alright and she’d meet her back at the apartment in a few hours, she had something she needed to take care of first.

And she did.

She needed to make sure that Riley was out of Buffy’s life for good. She wasn’t about to stand by and see her go back to him again… this time there was a very real chance he’d kill her. And that was something Gwen was NOT going to allow.


Forty-five minutes later she was pulling into the parking lot of Wesley Windom-Price’s office; the Finn family and Finn Modeling Agency Inc.’s attorney. She hated having anything to do with her family or their businesses now but it was the only person that she knew that could do what she needed done as fast as she needed it. And the fact that he wouldn’t ask too many questions was just a bonus.

Getting out and locking her jeep she made her way to the office. It was late enough that the receptionist and the rest of the office had gone for the night and for that she was thankful. The last thing she needed was for one of them to call her father, or gods forbid her brother, and tell them she was there.

She was actually trying to involve as few people as possible in this, for everyones’ sake. If possible she was hoping that she could even keep Wes’s part a secret.

Knocking once, she didn’t wait for a response and just walked in. “Hey, Wes, I need you to do something for me.”

The shocked English man looked up and blinked. “Miss Finn, to what do I owe the honor?”

“First of all it’s not Finn, you should know that by now. Second, well let’s just say you’re about to do one huge honking ass favor for me. And you’re not going to tell a single soul about it.” Gwen smirked.

“Umm… why yes, Ms. Raiden, it would be my pleasure to serve you.”

“Cut the crap Wes, I know you don’t really like me since I don’t play by daddy’s rule.”

The refined Englishman straightened his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose as he blow out a long slow breath. “Very well, Gwyneth what would you have me do?”

The fiery brunette grinned devilishly knowing she’d get her way yet. “Let’s start with drawing up divorce papers. The standard ones will do, but add in if Riley goes within a thousand feet of Buffy, she gets triple the amount.”

Hopping up on the corner of his desk she beamed. ‘Oh yeah… this is gonna be fun…’ she thought as she started coming up with things to add to the agreement.

~*~

Spike held her for a long time after her crying had ceased. She lay so still at one point he thought she’d fallen asleep, if it weren’t for the occasional brush of her hand on his exposed skin around his waist.

And God didn’t it feel good to have her back in his arms. He could only pray that she’d stay here forever, but all too soon she pushed herself away and looking up at him with a face that was red and blotchy, and her eyes puffy and swollen from crying.

“Thank you, Will,” she whispered as if she didn’t want to break the silence but felt the need to express her gratitude.

“Shh… princess,” he murmured back, tracing her bottom lip with his thumb. “Don’t need to thank me. I’m just sorry that you had to go though any of this.”

Slowly he closed the distance between them, never once looking away from her pale hazel eyes. He wanted her see just how much he meant those words. It was killing him to know all that she’d been though.

Her rosy petal soft lips beckoned him, and while he knew he probably shouldn’t, he just had to. He had to show her she was loved, cherished.

And if that ass couldn’t see the amazing woman Buffy was then he was even a bigger fool than he thought he was.

The woman in his arms was more precious to him than anything, she always had been and she always would be.

He’d do anything for her.

The kiss was soft and gentle, no more than a brush of lips at first, but slowly she relaxed against him and started kissing him back.

His tongue ran across her full bottom lip begging for entrance, he just had to taste her... And to his amazement she let him, opening to him like she’d always had, her tongue stroking and caressing his.

She tasted like heaven, pure, light and oh so sweet.

She stirred emotions in him that he thought were long dead. No one he’d ever kissed could do what she was doing to him.

He was hard as a rock from just being close to her and when she kissed him, he thought he would explode right there.

The world seemed to slip away, until there was nothing else in the world but her and Spike. She’d never felt as cherished as she did in his arms. Here she could see a future… a life that didn’t involve drugs, alcohol and violence. She saw her long dead dream of a house filled with children. A husband that would grow old with her, and hold her hand as they took a walk in a park somewhere.

Reluctantly he pulled back and waited for her reaction while at the same time holding his breath and hoping she wouldn’t run like last time they kissed. “I’m sorry…. Didn’t mean to….” He trailed off as she started shaking her head.

“Don’t be. I… I wanted to. I needed to. I don’t know how to explain…”she sighed looking deep into his sapphire eyes, and hoping against hope he’d understand. ‘Cause quite frankly she didn’t know how to tell him everything she was feeling at that very moment.

When he looked into her face he saw no disgust or remorse whatsoever. He only saw love, hope, and he saw something else he hadn’t seen on her face in a very long time... peace.

Spike knew what would happen if he didn’t stop, the question was did he want to? If he was totally honest with himself then no he didn’t it to stop, he wanted to scoop her up in his arms and carry her into the bedroom and make love to her all night.

But the rational part of his brain told him it was too soon that she’d been through too much to take her like that. His first priority was to make sure she was safe, and after he knew Riley was no longer going to come after her, then he could be with her.

But only if she wanted him…

‘Yeah, ya git, like she doesn’t want ya right now,’ his subconscious snorted rather sarcastically.

But he ignored it.

He had to, now wasn’t the time or place for it, it was too much too soon and he could wait because in the end he knew they had a lifetime together.

Groaning inwardly he suggested that she go call and check on Gwen and Faith and then call her sister to let her know what was going on and warn her about Riley. While she was doing that he’d pick up the leftovers and then the talk.

There was still some things he hadn't told Buffy about himself or Riley. Tough things, bizarre things and those were best spoke about away from others.

Tbc….

~*~*~
A/N- to everyone that is also reading Come Back to Me- Thank you! I am currently working on part 3 and will hopefully have it up by the end of next week. Just try and bear with me, please.