Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I'm posting this a night early cause I got 2 chapters of this written and none of Come Back to Me . With school starting soon, that means I go back to work- joys of being a teacher's aide. LOL And that also means I'm not too sure how much time I'll have to write either, hopefully with the little time I have left of summer, my kids will give me some extra free time to write and updates won't be too far apart. *crosses fingers*

This chapter beta'd by Tis.
Please read the warning on this chapter, I really can't stress that enough. I would hate for anyone to read this and be upset or mad at me because it was so graphic.


Buffy was nervous, afraid of what Spike would think of her after he knew all the things Riley had done to her…. what she’d allowed him to do to stay alive. They were vile, disgusting and just wrong.

Curling up on the opposite end of the couch, Buffy tucked her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms tightly around her legs and then rested her chin on top of her knees and looked at Spike. “I don’t even know where to begin,” she told him in a small voice, her teeth worrying at her bottom lip.

William let out a long sigh. “Luv, I hate having you relive any of this, but I need to know what I’m dealing with here.”

He knew this had to be hard on her, and that was one thing he didn’t want. He wanted to make this all go away so she could move on and live her life, but he knew that until he knew everything he could about Riley, that wasn’t about to happen.

“I know,” she said softly, giving him the tiniest hint of a smile before it disappeared, only to be replaced by the lost look she’d been wearing since they’d sat down to talk.

“It’s just…”she sighed again. “There’s so much you need to know. I just don’t know where to start.”

Spike nodded in understanding. “How about ya start at the beginning? Tell me how ya met him in the first place, then go from there.”

“Alright…” she paused for a moment and then began. “It all started after you left for New York. I headed to Los Angeles like I’d planned. I got an apartment. Nothing big or fancy, but it was in an okay neighborhood and it was clean; that’s all that mattered and I could afford it.

“I went to all the modeling agencies I could find and put in my portfolio and waited. While I waited I took a job at a popular café in downtown LA. At first the jobs I got called for weren’t that great and they were few and far between.

“I was just about to give up and come back to Sunnydale when I got a call from The Finn Modeling Agency. I felt like I’d just hit the big time. I went the next day and met with the VP, in charge of hiring new talent. Gwen was so nice; we hit it off immediately.

“My first job for them wasn’t great but it was way better than all the other jobs I’d done before. A few days later she called me back into her office and said that the client loved me, and there were a few fashion shows coming up for local designers. She wanted me to be in one of them.”

Spike’s scared brow rose, “Wait a minute. Are you telling me, Gwen… the same Gwen I met last night and who helped find you today… is a vice president at Finn Modeling?”

“She was back then, but not now. I’ll get to all that in a minute.” Buffy said before getting back to how she met Riley.

“So anyway, I did several fashion shows and started getting more and more modeling jobs, thanks to Gwen, and was able to quiet working at the café all together.

“I moved out of my dinky, one bedroom apartment into a much bigger three bedroom one that I shared with two others models from the agency who I’d become close friends with- Faith and Fred. Gwen had found us a really nice place that we could afford. Life was really pretty good for all of us.

“And then one day while I was doing a photo shoot, this guy approached me.”

‘Oh boy here we go,”Spike thought, thinking the guy was Riley, but to his surprise it wasn’t.

“He said he was from Victoria’s Secret and wanted to know if I’d be interested in having an interview with their personnel office and maybe have a few proofs done, too. I almost died! This was it, the big break I’d been hoping for. As soon as I finished that day, I ran home and called Gwen. She was so happy for me and she knew I’d get the contract.”

“The following week I went to my appointment and the photo shoot for them and waited. They said they’d make a decision in a few weeks or so. Every time the phone rang I held my breath, hoping and praying it was them, and at the same time that it wasn’t because I was so sure I wouldn’t get it.”

“Finally they called while I was out; Faith took the message. In big bold print she wrote ‘Buffy Summers- Victoria’s Secret’s next Angel!’”

Spike smiled, hearing how excited she was at telling this part of the story. She still had that spark she’d always had, and that was a good thing. It was something she was going to need to get thought what was ahead of them. Especially now with what he’d already learned… this wasn’t over and he knew it; the bastard she’d married was ruthless and didn’t care about others’ lives.

“Come to find out a few of us had gotten modeling contracts through the Finn Agency. And Faith got a really big one with Calvin Klein a few days after.”

“So then Gwen decided to throw this huge party for all of her “stars” as she called us, at the Finn mansion. Everyone was who was anyone was there. All the top super models, agents and tons of VP’s throughout the modeling industry.”

“That’s nice luv, but you still haven’t told me a thing about Riley.” Spike interrupted. Even though he loved watching her face light up at how happy she’d been then, he still felt a bit jealous of others seeing her in next to nothing. He knew he had no right to be but he was, and for that he felt guilty.

“Will you wait a minute? Geez! I’m getting to that part,” she said in a mocking tone and huffed, even as she smiled, letting him know she was just joking.

“Anyways…. The party was fabulous- or at least it started out that way. There were tons of people like I said, and food and drinks, and more drinks and even more drinks. A few people had drugs and were off getting high but I ignored them all, ‘cause I was on a natural high already.

“As the night went on I started to get really drunk, and Gwen and Faith had both disappeared leaving me all by myself to mingle. That’s when this guy came up to me and introduced himself as Gwen’s brother Riley. He seemed nice enough, so we went off to chat. We both had a few more drinks and then next thing I know he’s wanting me to go for a walk with him- wants to show me around the rest of the house and grounds since I hadn’t had a proper tour.” She said trying to imitate Riley’s voice, then snorted.

“Being the fool that I was, I went with him.” She sighed, shaking her head.

“We got as far as the guest house before he started getting all touchy feely. At first it was really nothing and I was even enjoying a little male attention for once. I hadn’t been with anyone since you left and, well… it was nice at first. Then things started getting more serious. He started saying he knew I wanted him and how good it would feel.

“Then he started to put his hand up my skirt and that’s when I told him ‘No’; I didn’t want to. But he didn’t listen; instead he just got more aggressive and angry with me, telling me I was his and he owned me. He could do anything he wanted and no one would do anything about it.”

Buffy’s face scrunched up in disgust, just remembering that night. Pulling her knees to her even more, she went on. “When I tried to get away, he pushed me up against the wall and covered my mouth so no one could hear me scream as he raped me over and over. Every time he came, I hoped and prayed he was done with me but he wasn’t.”

“And he was brutal, banging my head against the wall as he shoved his way into me. His thrusts were so hard it felt like he was going right though me. He left bruises on my hips and thighs; my arms. He ripped my dress to shreds along with my underwear, leaving me with nothing.”

Spike’s nostrils flared, and he clenched and unclenched his fists as he sat listening to what that bastard did to her. How he’d treated her from the moment he’d met her. When he got his hands on Riley Finn, Spike was going to make him pay and pay dearly.

“At one point I must’ve passed out, because when I woke up I was in the bedroom he’d showed me earlier and…”Buffy’s voice broke as tears glistened in her eyes.

“And he was still there raping me, but he wasn’t the same. He was hideous, a monster. His skin was grayish, he had blazing red eyes that looked like they had fire dancing in them and his teeth were sharp and jagged,” Buffy shuddered, curling in on herself even more.

Spike started to move towards her, wanting to comfort her until he saw her eyes grow larger as she started to panic. It was killing him to see her so upset. He felt like the world’s biggest heel for making her tell him all of this.

“Buffy, luv, that’s enough. You don’t need to tell me any more.” He said softly, reaching his hand out to try and touch her, sooth her, but then he thought better of it and let it fall to his side.

She shook her head, refusing to stop. Spike had said he needed to know what he was up against. She had to tell him; she couldn’t let him down. Not after he’d rescued her from the living hell she’d been trapped in ever since the night of that party.

He needed to know what Riley was like when he was angry; especially if he came after her… after them. And he would, she just knew it. If Spike knew what he was up against, then maybe, just maybe, they’d live though it.

“No, there’s more… things you need to know about… about him,” she whispered. She desperately wanted Spike to hold her; she needed to feel safe as she told him the rest but she was afraid. Afraid that he’d look at her differently after he knew everything.

Inching her way a little closer to him, she forced herself to go on. “I don’t remember much after that. I was sorta in and out of it for the rest of the night. But I did see this strange hazy red light that seemed to fill the room. I also heard him speaking to someone else in this weird language I’ve never head before.

“When I woke up it was morning. The sun was right in my eyes, and at first I thought maybe I’d had a nightmare… until I realized I was still in the guest house and my clothes from the night before were nothing more than shreds. I had nothing and I was trapped on the Finn’s property and I didn’t know what to do. Riley was nowhere to be found, thankfully, but I still couldn’t leave and I was terrified that he’d come back at any minute and the whole thing would start over again.

“So I found a phone and called Gwen. Luckily, she was at my apartment with Faith. The two of them grabbed me some clothes and came right over. They were so mad when they heard what happened. Gwen blamed herself; she said if she’d been around he wouldn’t have tried anything.

“After I was dressed, they took me back to the apartment and Faith stayed with me while Gwen went to confront him… I told her not to but she didn’t listen and she was out the door before I could even get off the couch to stop her. I knew he’d hurt her too, but there was nothing I could do. It was too late and I knew it. Somehow I just did.

“A few hours later she called and asked Faith to come and get her; she sounded horrible. When they came back it was worse than I feared, her face was nothing but once big bruise and the rest of her body wasn’t much better. He’d broken her arm and a rib. Riley said that the next time she interfered she wouldn’t be alive when he was done with her. That I was his and he’d never let me go…” Buffy buried her face in her hands and started sobbing.

Spike’s heart shattered completely at the pain he heard in her voice. She’d been though so many years of abuse like what she’d just described. It wasn’t fair; she didn’t deserve any of this. None of them did.

Reaching out, he took a chance and pulled her into his lap. He didn’t want to traumatize her any more than she already was, but he couldn’t sit there and not try to comfort her. To his relief, she let him. She curled up on his lap, making herself as small as she could, and clung to him as she cried.

Will just sat there holding and rocking her, murmuring words of love and compassion and telling her that she didn’t deserve any of the things that happened to her. That she was safe now and he would never let Riley hurt her again.

After some time, Buffy calmed and sat quietly in his lap, not wanting to tell him the rest but knowing she needed to.

When she spoke again, her voice was hoarse from crying; it was no more than the barest whisper. “I knew he meant every word he said. He wasn’t going to let me go… every time I turned around he was there, watching me. At photo shoots, at fashion shows, at the agency, at my apartment. I couldn’t get away from him. No matter where I went, he was always there.

“Then I… missed my period. At first I couldn’t believe it. I was on the pill, I never went off it even after you left. But when the morning sickness kicked into full swing, I couldn’t deny it any longer. Faith went to the drug store for me and got a test—several, in fact—and I took them. They all said the same thing… I was pregnant.

“I didn’t want to be. I couldn’t stomach the thought of carrying that monster’s child; not after what he’d done to me. I’d never thought I would ever consider an abortion until that moment. Gwen and Faith said they’d go with me and I made the appointment. But I never got that far… he found out somehow.”

“The next thing I knew, I was being forced by his mother to marry him. She had to save face, and... my life turned in to a living hell over night. Riley ripped me out of the apartment I shared with the girls, forced me to give up my modeling contracts and made me live with him where he wanted. I was his prisoner, even if he justified it by saying he wanted to make sure nothing happened to me or the baby. But something did happen to me. Every time I did even the littlest thing to anger him, he hit me. Both Gwen and Faith tried to help over and over, but it was useless. He wouldn’t let them.

“After a while I became numb. Nothing mattered anymore; my life was over. I was no more than a human incubator for his child. Anything and everything he wanted, he got. When he wanted sex, he’d force himself on me over and over until he was through, and then he’d beat me for not enjoying it. But he was always very careful not to leave marks when he knew I had a doctor’s appointment.

“He went to every one of those with me too; never left the room so I couldn’t say anything about what was happening. I just wanted to die… until I felt the baby kick for the first time.

“Something happened then. I don’t know quite how to describe it, but it did. It was like the baby made me want to live… for it and for myself. Riley noticed I was less depressed in the days that followed, and for some strange reason he must have thought it was alright because he started leaving me alone every once in a while at the apartment. I was still locked in, but at least he wasn’t there all the time. So I was able to call Gwen and Faith sometimes; they even snuck over a few times to see me.

“Things were better for a while. As long as I didn’t make him mad or refuse him, he wouldn’t hit me. He was still controlling and all that, but I could mange it. I had to for both me and the baby.

“Then one afternoon we’d just come back from my doctor’s appointment where I had an ultrasound. I remember I was so happy that day, I had just found out it was a girl and we got to see her.” She sighed, remembering it as if it had happened just yesterday.

“She was so perfect, Spike. She had all ten fingers and toes. Her heartbeat was steady and strong…” she breathed sadly, burying her head in the crock of his neck. “That’s when it happened. He turned around on the stairs and his face was just like I remembered seeing it the night he raped me- ugly, twisted with rage. He said that it was all my fault the baby was wrong, but he could take care of that and then he threw me down the stairs. I tried to protect her as I bounced down the concrete, but it was no use. She… she died.” She was utterly still in Spike’s arms, tears sliding silently down her cheeks and soaking his shirt while she grieved for the loss of her daughter.


Tbc…




Quick summary for those of you who want to know what’s going on in this chapter and don’t want to wait until the next one.

- Spike comforts Buffy while she tells him about what has happened to her since he left. How she moved to LA and started her modeling career. How she’d met Gwen, her sister in law when she went for an interview at the Finn Modeling Agency, she was VP in charge of hiring new talent at the time. The two of them became good friends. Buffy’s career started taking off and she moved in to a new apartment with friends from the agency- Faith and Fred. Buffy got a contract with Victoria’s Secret and Faith got one with Calvin Klein, so Gwen decided to throw them and the other models that had made it big a party at the Finn’s mansion.
- They partied and when Gwen and Faith went off leaving Buffy by herself Riley showed up. At first he was charming but it didn’t last long as soon as he got her alone, he raped her repeatedly. The next morning Buffy called Gwen and Faith; they came, brought cloths and then took her home. Gwen went after Riley for what he did to Buffy but got badly beaten herself.
- Riley stalked Buffy after that. Buffy found out she was pregnant with his child even thought she was on birth control at the time. For the first time in her life she was going to do something she never dreamed of doing- she was going to get an abortion. But somehow Riley found out before she could and stopped her.
- Riley’s mother, Julie Finn, forced Buffy in to marrying Riley to save the family name. He abused her almost daily, made her quit her job as a model and locked her away in an apartment allowing no one to speak to her. Only letting her out for Dr’s appointments.
- After seeing the ultrasound of their daughter, Riley pushed Buffy down a flight of stairs causing her to have a miscarriage.
- Spike’s heart breaks hearing all that she’s been thought and wishes he’d never left, so none of it would have happened to begin with.


See, I told you it wasn’t pretty this chapter. Hopefully there’s someone still reading this. I didn’t mean for it to be so horrible but somehow it did, sorry about that. I promise the next chapter won’t be like that. It’s fluffy. Promise! ^_^