Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to all of you who have read and reviewed this so far. When I started writing this I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to post it or if anyone would read it. Thank you for giving me the courage to keep writing and posting this.
AN2 Still only personally beta'd sorry if I've over looked anything.
“Thanks, Dru. I got the fax right here.” Willow said typing away on the keyboard as she chatted with her friend.

She nodded still typing up the last of the booklet while listening to the brunette talk away about some nonsense that had nothing at all to do with the reunion, the message that Spike had put on the bottom of the paper, or anything else relative to the conversation. She loved Drusilla like a sister but for the life of her she could never quite follow her.

“Umm…humm… that’s nice sweetie, but I really have to go. Gotta try and see if I can track down Buffy with this number Xander gave me. Give my love to Angel and the kids will ya? See you soon.” She said before hanging up.

Tara giggled hearing the end of the call. “Dru, I assume?” she asked wrapping her arms around her love’s shoulders from behind.

The petite red head relaxed into her lover’s arms and smiled up at her. “How’d you ever guess?”

They both laughed before the taller blonde answered, “Oh I don’t know, maybe every time she calls I have to have her hand the phone over to little Sara?” Tara said with a smirk.

She was as close to Dru as Willow was. But unlike Will, Tara couldn’t ever understand her over the phone. She couldn’t even begin to imagine how the woman could teach kindergarten.

Giggling a little she pattered her hands, “It’s okay baby. It took me years to understand her, you’ll eventually get Dru.”

Giggling she leaned forward and kissed her loves forehead gently, “You keep saying that,” she said softly against it before pulling back. “I know you’ve got stuff to finish so I’ll go, just wanted to check in and see if you needed anything?”

Will thought for a minute before shaking her head, “Nope, not right now. I’ve gotta try and call that number Xander gave me that he thinks is Buffy’s one more time. Finish adding in Spike’s info, then I’m all your, okay?”

Tara brushed a stray hair from her face and smiled gently at her wife. “Take your time, Will. I know how important this is to you.” Giving her one last kiss she left Willow to her tasks.

Willow took a moment to just relax after she heard the soft click of the door closing behind her. She couldn’t even begin to imagine having a more perfect partner. Tara was her everything- the sun and the moon to her and she was just the same to Tara.

It had been fate that had put the two of them in the same advanced chem. class. From that day on they had been as close as two people could be. First as lab partners and friends then lovers and now a happily married couple, no matter if the marriage was legal in Florida or not.

Tara said they were distain to be soul mate, the whole two halves of the same whole thing. She didn’t know if there was such a thing or not but she was more than grateful for whatever cosmic forces had brought them together.

With a small sigh of containment she picked up the phone and dialed the number her friend had hunted down. This was attempt number five at trying to reach someone at this one.

Over the last six months Willow had had several numbers that she’d been given or found that might be her best friend’s from high school. All of them had turned out to be duds and she was really hoping this one was a good one.

She couldn’t think of high school without thinking about Buffy and she really didn’t want to have a reunion without her. For one thing she wanted her wife to meet her. She knew they would get along wonderfully. Besides it just wouldn’t seem the same without the whole gang there.

The phone rang and rang. Just when Willow was about to hang up a very groggy female voice answered, “Hello?”

“Hi, this is Willow McClay- er… Willow Rosenberg- McClay, I’m looking for Buffy Summers? We went to high school together.”

There was a pause on the other end of the phone then she heard the person on the other end move on what sounded like a bed. “Umm… hi Willow. It’s Dawn.” The woman on the other end of the line said sounding a bit more awake now. “Buffy doesn’t live here. She hasn’t in over seven years.”

“Dawnie it’s so good to hear your voice again. I’m so sorry about your mom. I was doing a semester in England when she died. If I could’ve flown home I would have. And when I got back you guys had moved already and I couldn’t find a phone number or address.”

“We know you would have.” She said letting a long slow breath escape. Thinking back on those days always made her sad, still to this day.

“We got your flowers and the card, its okay. And well, the moving… well…” Taking a deep breath, not too sure how to or if she really wanted to explain everything that had happened. “Had to downsize after that. Then Buffy got married not too long after that too so…”

“What? Wait Buffy got married? To who?” The red head inquired in complete awe. The only person she ever thought Buffy would marry was William “Spike” Hawthorn and she knew for a fact that he was still single; she had his info right in front of her.

“Riley Finn,” the younger woman sighed totally unhappy with how her sister’s life had turned out.

She had tried repeatedly to help her over the last seven years but with no luck whatsoever. It seemed that Riley had control over everything that her sister did and she knew for a fact that Buffy hated him and her life. She was just unable to get out of the situation she was in. The Finn’s were just too powerful and influential of a family in LA.

“Riley Finn? As in Finn Modeling Agency?” Even though Willow wasn’t that much in to fashion trends and whatnot she had heard of the west coast firm from Anya and Cordy at least a million times.

“That would be the one,” she groaned.

“So she’s like some super model now?” the red head babbled thinking that her friend had finally made it big and she hadn’t noticed.

“Umm… no. She’s a waitress at some diner.”

“Huh? I thought she was married to a Finn?”

“She is, but she’s not a model. Riley won’t allow her to show off her body like that, no matter how great a model she’d be.”

Willow was quiet for a moment digesting all the things she’d said and didn’t say. She suddenly felt sad for her long time friend. She didn’t quiet know everything but she could tell from Dawn’s attitude that things hadn’t gone well for Buffy.

She really wanted to ask more about what had happened to them after their mother died but didn’t feel right invading their privacy, especially over the phone.

“Ah Dawnie, I’d really like to get a hold of Buffy. Do you have her number? We have a reunion coming up and I’d really like to see if she’s coming.”

“Yeah, but I’m not sure she’ll go. Hang on while I get the number.” Dawn said as she got out of bed and made her way to her address book. After giving it to her, Willow gave her hers. They said their goodbyes- promising to keep in touch more now they knew the numbers.

Bound and determined to get a hold of Buffy Willow set about dialing the new number that Dawn had given her. It rang twice before someone answered.

“Yeah what you want?” a grumpy male voice slurred.

Willow knew instantly that it had to be Buffy’s husband and by the sound of it he was even worse than she’d thought. “Umm… hi, I’m Willow Rosenberg- McClay. I’m looking for Buffy Summers? We went to high school together.”

“It ain’t Summers any more it’s Finn. She’s working, call back after ten tonight. She might be home.” Riley barked before hanging up on her before she could say another word.

Willow blinked at the buzzing sound of the phone. She couldn’t believe how rude a man Riley Finn was.

TBC…