Cursing her internal alarm clock Buffy obeys its summons and reluctantly opens her eyes. She blinks at the sight of the pale chest her head is resting on then remembers the night before that had her feeling so tired at that moment and relishes the feel of Spike’s around holding her close for just a moment. Knowing she had to make sure Dawn got off to school on time and that she really had to try finding a serious job to prepare for the next visit from a social worker, she forces herself to move carefully from his embrace and the bed.

"Thought us sleepin’ in your bed would break you of that dashing off in a huff habit," he says behind her, letting her know she’d failed in her efforts not to disturb his sleep with her movements.

"I’m not," she finds her robe and turns to face him as she puts it on, "’dashing off in a huff.’ I am," she belts the garment closed then leans over to give him a kiss despite her morning breath, "very reluctantly," she smiles and pulls back just as his lips start to cling to hers, "getting up at this way too early hour to make sure Dawnie gets to school on time so she doesn’t add to her tardy list and give social services more excuses to take her away."

"Not kickin’ me out then?" he asks with his blue eyes watchful, his body braced for her to change her mind and turn into super-bitch again.

"Spike," she gives him a reassuring smile while stroking her fingers over his high cheekbones instead of giving into her urge to crawl back in bed to show him the truth of what she’s about to say, "I meant it. I love you," his Adam’s apple bobs as he swallows and averts his emotional gaze from hers, "no more kicking," she pulls his eyes back to hers, "unless you really deserve it." She smiles at her own teasing and goes a step further, "At least not today."

"Just today?" he smirks at her tone and leans forward to kiss her smiling lips. "What’s so special about today?"

"I had," she moves up onto the bed and pushes him back onto his back on the mattress, "a really good night last night and, even with the major lack of beauty sleep, I am in a pretty great mood this morning."

"Are you know?" his scarred eyebrow arches upward as a suggestive smile curls his lips and he moves his hands to untie the sash of her robe.

"None of that, mister," she smacks his fingers away then slides back off the bed. "I have big sister duties to fulfill right now and no more nookie till I get Dawn to school."

"And when the nibblet’s gone …," she can’t help smiling and being tempted just a bit when he waggles his eyebrows in a rather comic leer that tells her just what he wants to be doing when her sibling leaves the house.

"After Dawn’s gone I have lots and lots of chores to do around the house as well as needing to once again search for gainful employment," she informs him and his leering changes to sulking. "How’s about you do the normal vampire thing of sleeping the day away while I do the normal human thing of annoyingly boring chores then we have another good night tonight?" She suggests with a look that tells him just what she’s planning for the evening.

"I can do that," he informs her while getting all comfy in her bed and making her extremely envious of his having nothing to do but sleep during these daylight hours. "A bit knackered myself after that ‘really good night last night,’" he smirks and stretches so that the blanket covering him falls lower on his body to come very close to uncovering the erection tenting the material up over his groin.

With a whimper at the tempting sight of his arousal she looks at the alarm clock bedside her bed then whimpers again with a disappointed slumping of her shoulders when she sees she has exactly twenty minutes to make sure Dawn eats something slightly nutritious before leaving for school with Xander.

Her eyes widen at the realization that she’s gonna have to face her friend a whole lot sooner than later after yesterday’s whole ‘caught having sex with Spike while invisible’ thing. Thoughts of the awkwardness that’s sure to be present during the meeting force her attention away from the temptation in her bed to get gather up an outfit for the day and leave the bedroom.

The bathroom’s free, telling her the others are already up, so she rushes through a quick shower before getting herself dressed then downstairs to join them. She finds Willow in her pjs making pancakes at the stove and Dawn sitting at the island table eating some of said food when she enters the kitchen. Both females turn to look at her the second her presence is felt and Buffy stops in her tracks under the weight of their stares. Her sister is grinning all over herself and giving her that ‘you’re so busted look’ the Slayer remembers quite clearly from the night before while her rather tired looking best friend seems to be glaring at her.

"What?" the blonde asks with no clue why they’re giving her such looks.

Dawn snickers at the question and goes back to eating while Willow shakes her head and turns back to the stove to continue making breakfast.

"What’d I do?"

Her sister almost chokes on a bite of pancake at the repeated question and the redhead finishes cooking the last of the batter before turning the burner off.

"You honestly don’t know?" finished with meal preparations her friend turns to face the Slayer and ask as she sees the blonde still looking clueless.

"Know what?" Buffy looks at them both with growing confusion.

"Buffy, the walls here are not soundproofed," the redhead informs her.

"Yeah, so?" her expression is totally puzzled and Dawn nearly falls off her stool laughing at something.

"Buffy, the walls here are actually kinda thin," her friend says with a pointed look that the Slayer totally doesn’t get, but her sister seems to find hilarious.

"What is so funny?" she asks her sibling. "And what’s the big deal with the walls all of a sudden?" she demands of Willow.

The Wiccan simply looks at both Summers sisters like she wishes in that moment that she could forget her ‘no magic’ rule and turn them into something really nasty then she groans in frustration before leaving the room.

"What’d I do?" Buffy asks again with a frown at Willow’s departure.

"She’s kinda grumpy from not getting enough sleep last night," Dawn explains with a snicker that draws her big sister’s attention. "Something about her having a test in class that she’s not at all ready for now."

"Why is that funny or in any way my fault?"

"Well it’s funny because it is your fault and it’s your fault ’cause it was probably hard for everyone on the block to get any sleep last night with all the noise you and Spike made having sex," the teenager states gleefully as Buffy’s jaw drops and her eyes widen in horror at the revelation. "He must be really good in bed because I sure don’t remember ever hearing that much racket when you were with Riley."

"Oh no," her widened eyes quickly clench shut in disbelief at her damned luck. "No, no no no no," Xander exclaims from behind her. "I did not just hear that."

"Yeah, ya did," Dawn smiles wickedly upon seeing the man standing behind her big sister and jumps up with the intention to tell Xander everything written all over her face. "You are so not gonna believe what’s happened. Spike and - "

"He knows," Buffy interrupts with a resigned sigh as she forces her eyes open.

"He does?" her sister asks disappointedly. "Why am I always the last one to hear any of the fun gossip?" She sighs dejectedly then cocks her head to the side, staring at her sister’s neck with her wicked grin returning. "Ya know Buffy, that hickey there looks an awful lot like a bite mark."

The Slayer squeaks and covers Spike’s mark on her throat as her sibling points to it.

"Great googly moogly," they both turn at Xander’s words, "you let him bi …," the sisters watch as he looks at the twin puncture wounds on Buffy’s neck then faints.

"Ha," Dawn crows triumphantly at the fallen man, "I knew I had to know something about what’s going on that he didn’t know yet."

~*~*~

After literally shoving Dawn and a barely recovered Xander out the front door just in time for her sister to get to school Buffy sits down in the kitchen with a plate of cooling pancakes and the newspaper her friend had brought over with him. She ignores all the front page news and goes straight for the classifieds in search of want ads. With ink pen in hand she begins scouring the column, crossing out jobs she has no qualifications for and contemplating the others, while distractedly eating some syrup covered flapjack goodness.

Retail is a definite possibility so long as she never again has to come in contact with magic mummy hands from Hell, she thinks as she scans the ads. Waitressing wouldn’t be so bad to do again except all positions advertised demanded experience and she couldn’t even remember the name of the place she’d worked three years ago let alone list them as a reference.

Two ‘exotic dancers wanted’ advertisements got her attention, but mostly for laughs at the very idea of her ever doing that. It would be a great way to earn money, but unfortunately the hours required of a stripper totally conflicted with those her Slayer responsibilities.

Being the ‘Chosen one’ she definitely needed to focus the search on finding a day job. A lenient daytime job where she could suddenly take time off to go save the world without getting fired or having to answer awkward questions.

Did such a position exist?

There was a bank teller position listed that she circled with some interest, thinking a bit wryly that if she got really desperate she could use such a job to help her rob the place and fix her financial woes that way.

Of course, ‘bank robber’ would probably look worse on her record with social services than just ‘unemployed,’ she concedes with a sigh. There is just no win-win in these real life situations.

Dangit.

She looks up from the paper at the sound of Willow’s footsteps coming down the stairs and rises to go talk to her friend, even though she has no idea exactly how to apologize for her activities of the night before keeping the rest of the house awake. She arrives at the front door just as it shuts behind the departing redhead and she can’t help being a bit happy at the reprieve as she sets the lock on the door then trudges back to the kitchen.

Her green eyes look around the room as she stands in the doorway. She looks despondently at her half-eaten plate of pancakes sitting next to the marked up newspaper and the dirty dishes in the sink needing washed and the grocery shopping list on the refrigerator that she should go to the store to fill. Downstairs in the basement sat lots of laundry waiting to be washed, dried, iron and folded then put away in the bedrooms where each garment belonged.

If she ever did that bank robbing thing she was definitely gonna hire a maid to do these chores, she promises herself with a sigh.

Then her mind strays from thoughts of her responsibilities to thoughts of the fact that she had the house to herself and one tempting bleached blonde vamp sleeping upstairs in her bed. She stands there staring at the bulk of the tasks waiting to be done by her and debates whether she wants to ‘do the normal human thing of annoyingly boring chores’ or go join Spike.

~*~*~

Spike becomes aware of the fact that he’s no longer alone when the blankets covering him begin tickling his flesh as something pulls them slowly downward to uncover his body. A discreet sniff detects a familiar scent of arousal and tells him it’s Buffy doing the unveiling so he decides to feign continued sleep to see what the imp is up to.

He has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from commenting when he hears her mutter in complaint about how he ‘sleeps like the dead’ before she begins moving around her room and riffling through dresser drawers in search of who knew what. After a few moments of rummaging and mumbled words he couldn’t make out the bedroom door opens and closes, causing him to cautiously open an eye to confirm that she’d just left the room.

With a frown he sits up and opens both eyes to glare at the wooden barrier while wondering what the girl was doing now. The sound of her footsteps returning to the bedroom reaches his ears and he quickly falls back on the mattress to fake deep slumber. It takes a great deal of restraint to keep his eyes closed when she re-enters the room then locks the door behind her with a quiet metallic click only he was likely to have heard.

Sounds of rustling fabric, a zipper sliding down and light thuds on the floor tell him that she’s taking off whatever clothes she’d put on after leaving him here to sleep the day away. Moments later his body is jostled by her climbing onto the mattress next to him and he tenses a bit with curiosity and anticipation.

"Spi-ike," she whispers singsong into his ear, her warm breath tickling the lobe and forcing him to stifle a shudder of reaction. "Spike," she repeats a bit firmer, but still in a low whispery tone, "wake up."

He forcibly maintains the façade of being undisturbed by her actions and she sighs next to him before shifting about to apparently find a more comfortable position on the bed.

As soon as she’s settled he feels something soft and a little bristly run down the length of his nose, which automatically twitches in response to the caress. Next he feels the object stroking over his lips then along his jawline to trace over his ears. While he’s fighting back any reaction to the light touches that have him wanting to smack away whatever’s moving over his skin she moves it down his throat over his chest. His nipples begin to harden, as does his cock, as she draws circles around the nubs.

"Spike," she’s whispering in his ear as the … paintbrush? … drifts down his ribs to draw random patterns over his abs, "wake up," she dips and twirls the thing in his navel and he’s pretty sure now that it is indeed a small dry paintbrush. "How can you," she shifts away from his ear and speaks a bit louder while moving the brush down to his thighs, "be this asleep when I left you wide awake here thirty minutes ago? I think," her tone grows suspicious as she tickles him between his legs with the brush until he can’t help squirming a bit, "that you’re," she slowly runs the brush up his body to trace his lips, "faking. And do you know," he allows his mouth to curl upward in a smile at her tone even as he persists in keeping his eyes shut in a mimicry of sleep, "what I do with fakers?"

"Mmm," he says groggily as if talking in his sleep, "why don’t you show me, luv?"

"Ya know," her bare breasts press against his chest as she leans against him to lightly kiss his lips, "I think I just might do that."

Finally he opens his desire darkened blue eyes to stare up into her mischievous green gaze and his smile grows as wicked as hers is playful upon seeing her expression.

"What happened to your ‘to do’ list?" he can’t resist asking as he stretches all traces of sleep from his muscles.

"Well, Dawn and Willow are both gone to school for the day so," she licks her lips then bends down to press them against his, "we," she presses two quick kisses to his mouth then pulls back to run the tip of a blue handled paintbrush over his moistened lips, "have the whole house to ourselves and my ‘to do’ list became a ‘to do tomorrow’ list. But," she teases while a light thwack to the tip of his nose with the brush’s handle, "you’re asleep so you don’t know any of that and because you’re so clearly exhausted from last night I suppose I’ll just have to get dressed again in all those layers of clothing I had on and go back stairs to get started on the dishes and laundry and - "

"I’m awake," he grabs onto her arms and yanks her down across his body, feeling his erection grow as her heat began sinking into his skin at every point of contact.

"Yes, but, like you said earlier you appear to be a bit ‘knackered’ after last night, so I’d best let you get some rest," she says coyly. "Something," her tone becomes distracted as some stray thought gets her attention, "no one seems to have gotten much of last night because, apparently, the walls in this house are very very thin or we just made a whole lot of noise with the sex and Willow’s kinda mad at us, Dawn’s finding it all hysterical which I think I should ground her for just for the sake of grounding her, and Xander fainted like a Southern belle when he saw your mark on my neck. Do you have any idea how bad an idea loving you is?" she props herself up on his chest and stares down at him with increasing vexation. "You deliberately annoy all my friends - "

"Do not," he argues, "get along right well with the little bit and Red’s bird and sometimes with Anya."

"You’re a completely bad influence on Dawn," she continues as if he hadn’t spoken. "You’re like 200 years old - "

"Am not," he states affronted at that mistake, "I’m only a hundred and twenty something."

"You live in a crypt - "

"Poshest pad in the whole cemetery," he declares, arousal increasing rather than faltering at their bickering, "a lot nicer than the whelp’s old dungeon."

"You infuriate me - "

"Ditto."

"You’re not exactly rocket scientist material - "

"Like you are, Blondie," he scoffs.

"Frankly, the only thing you’ve got going for yourself is a fantabulous body, that super sexy accent and all those years of experience that reduce me to a drooling, quivering mass of hormones," she concludes with a broad grin.

"Love you, too," he scoffs again a bit insulted by her flippant words.

"I know," she preens like his love is her right to have.

"This ‘good mood’ you’re in," he says with an arching of his scarred eyebrow, "get out of it."

Just as she prepares to get all huffy at his order he growls and rolls her onto her back beneath him.

"I believe you were going to show me what you do to fakers?" he reminds her with a leer.

"So I was," she returns his lascivious look with an innocent one of her own before throwing him off her body then rolling quickly from the bed. "Stay," she orders as he prepares to lunge forward and drag her back to the mattress.

Warily he settles into a reclining position to watch as she moves to her dresser and pulls out three scarves. She stands there, her nude body glowing in the faint sunlight coming into the room through the closed blinds and curtains, testing the strength of each silky length of material. His interest is definitely piqued at the sight of her wrapping the ends of the fabric around her fists then stretching it as hard as she could to make sure it wouldn’t tear easily.

"Whatcha gonna do with those?" he asks as she turns back to him and slowly approaches the bed again. "Um … Buffy?" he gulps a bit worriedly at the gleam in her eyes as she climbs back onto the mattress with no answer to his question.