This is not happening again, Buffy tells herself as her eyes clench shut in horrified embarrassment as her ears are telling her that her little teenaged sister just walked in to the kitchen. This kinda thing cannot happen to a couple twice in one day.

"You are, aren’t you? You two are making out!" the voice is moving closer and her eyes clench tighter as she tries with all her might to convince herself this isn’t happening.

"Uh … bit, this … um …," Spike’s floundering and she groans as that fact tells her ‘this kinda thing’ is happening to them again today.

"Whoa," she grabs at his shoulders to hold him still when he goes to turn and face Dawn. "Fully visible and topless here," she reminds him with wide eyes in a very quiet voice so as not to be heard by her sibling.

"Oh," their eyes meet then in sync they both look down at her nude torso. "Right."

"This … isn’t what it looks like," she tries to fib her way out while looking around for her shirt. "He was …" she looks to him for help.

"Getting something out of her eye," he finishes with inspiration.

"Uh-huh," she peeks over his shoulder to see her sister grinning evilly. "Sure. Something in her eye that you were getting out with your tongue via her mouth?" the girl asks sarcastically before bending down to pick something up from the floor. "And how exactly does taking her top off help with that?"

With a whimper Buffy clenches her eyes shut again after seeing her sibling straighten with the missing garment dangling from the teenager’s hand. She has to once again restrain the vampire shielding her from spinning around to face the girl in an effort to explain this situation.

"Look, pet, could you give us a minute here?" he asks with his head twisting around awkwardly to glare at the girl.

"Not a chance," she hears purely evil intentions in her sister’s tone. "The only thing I’d budge for right now is to go get a camera."

"Great," Buffy says hopefully. "There’s one upstairs in my room. Go get it now."

"Ok, once again you’re forgetting that I’m a teenager not a complete retard. The second I rush off you two will split. You think I’m gonna fall for that?" her sibling flips her long brown hair back over her shoulder with a gleeful expression on her face. "You’re totally busted and you know it. In fact …," Dawn crows with a wicked smile. "Willow," the Slayer’s eyes widen and Spike curses as the girl calls out for the house’s other occupant, "you have got to come see this!"

"Bloody hell," he groans as she presses her face against his chest and he drops his forehead forward against the refrigerator. "I’m not gonna say we should kill her," he says for her ears only, "but that brat needs … discipline … punishment … maybe lock her in the basement until she learns some manners."

"Is that all?" she asks as her mind finally registers the fact that her legs are still visibly locked around his waist. "’Cause I’m thinking we should kill her," she lowers her legs and groans as the sounds of Willow’s approach reach both their ears.

"What is it? What’s wrong?" the redhead is asking worriedly as she rushes into the room. "Is - Whoa …," Buffy looks over Spike’s shoulder to see her friend staring at them for a moment before averting her gaze to the wall and raising a hand to cover Dawn’s eyes. "Buffy … your shirt’s kind of … not on," she points out with a hint of a blush beginning to color her cheeks.

"That’s what you had to see," Dawn says excitedly while pushing aside the shielding hand with her good arm. "They were like making out and I totally caught them at it. You shoulda seen ‘em when I walked in. There was moaning and groaning and the kinda heavy breathing you hear in pornos and Spike had her all up against the fridge and Buffy’s legs were wrapped around his waist and if I hadn’t come in just then I bet they’d be doing it on the floor right now," the blonde sees the brunette’s triumphant ‘I’ve got blackmail material to hold over my big sister’s head’ expression change quickly into one of distaste. "Wait … that’s not so cool. I … Ew … I eat in here and you two were gonna … Ew."

"Wills, I’m feeling a tad chilly here. Do you think you could get my shirt?" she asks the redhead as her sister continues to exclaim over the ick factors involved in what she’d walked in on. "Wait a minute," something the girl had said sinks in and she turns to stare sternly at her sibling. "How the heck do you know what kinda heavy breathing there is in pornos?"

Dawn freezes like a deer caught in an oncoming car’s headlights and willingly surrenders Buffy’s shirt to Willow who’s trying to take it away to give to the Slayer.

"Oh … um … lucky guess? I mean, sex is like a really physical activity and breathing tends to get labored when someone is doing something really physical so it's not much of a stretch to imagine that there'd be a lot of heaving breathing in porn," the young brunette tries to cover as she realizes the slip she’s made. "Boy, it’s," she changing tactics as she sees no one is buying her 'lucky guess' bit, "it's uh, getting way past my perfectly reasonable bedtime here and … whoo," she gives an exaggerated yawn and starts inching toward the entrance as the trio watches closely, "I’m really kinda tired. Probably from the painkillers I got for this," her injured arm is waved for them to see. "Those painkillers … WOW … really powerful stuff. Make a person all sleepy and say the weirdest things," she makes it to the doorway and gives them a weak smile. "Yeah. Yeah, that’s it. The … um … the painkillers have me all goofy drowsy and I have no idea what I’m saying right now and I should really get to bed," with that the girl dashes off and leaves the adults behind in silence.

"Oh. Kay," Willow sighs and tosses the confiscated top to Buffy. "Just when I think this day can’t get any weirder."

"I know what ya mean," the blonde says as she gladly takes the garment and puts it on. "Bright side is it’s almost over."

"Not soon enough apparently," the redhead looks at them both sternly as they finally break apart with the Slayer fully dressed again. "What were you thinking doing … that right here in the kitchen? I mean, like Dawn said, we eat in here and you two were gonna …," the witch puts a tired hand to her forehead. "I’m not even gonna think about it. It can wait until tomorrow. We’ll talk about it tomorrow," she sighs and turns to leave then pauses in the doorway. "If you two have to … you know … could you try taking it upstairs to your bedroom with that nice solid and lockable door to keep people from walking in on you?"

"That wasn’t so bad," Spike scratches at the back of his head as he stares at the doorway the redhead left through.

"My sister, my fifteen year old sister Dawn, just saw us – me and you with me being the vampire slayer and you a vampire and ... well, Spike – making out in against the refrigerator in my kitchen. How is that not so bad?" she asks him with a sigh.

"Well, luv," he gives her a very wicked smile then moves to take hold of her hips and nuzzle her neck, "we coulda been shaggin’ against the fridge when she came in. Or on the floor," he nips the underside of her jaw as she can’t stop herself from tipping her head to the side to give him access to her throat. "Or against the wall," his hands move up to fondle her breasts through her shirt. "Or on the counter," he claims her lips and she moans.

"Spike," she pushes him away after a moment, "we can’t."

"Sure we can," he argues and tries to pull her back to him despite her hands pressing against his chest to hold him back.

"No," she moves quickly away from him and rounds the island to put the wooden block between them, "we can’t. It’s been a long day and I need sleep."

"You can sleep," he leers at her. "Eventually."

"Don’t do that," she whimpers as he runs his tongue over his teeth with a blatantly sexual glint in his blue eyes, something that inevitably destroys her resistance.

"Why?" he smirks and inhales deeply through his nose with a visible flaring of his nostrils. "’S it turning you on?"

"N-no," she denies and backs away as he rounds the island to approach her. "It’s … it’s … vulgar and a definite turn off."

"Really?" his whole demeanor is sarcastic as he slowly pursues her around the kitchen with a hungry look in his eyes as he’s clearly able to sense that she’s very turned on.

"Seriously that is just … creepy," she says honestly as he inhales her scent again from a few feet away.

She realizes that coming to a stop to make that observation was a definite mistake when he suddenly lunges forward and snares her around the waist with a triumphant growl.

"Spike," she groans as he quickly presses her back against a wall and moves his ever present erection against her. "We can’t," he sucks her earlobe into his mouth before nibbling and suckling at the bit of flesh until she moans. "Not here," her hips grind into his without conscious thought. "Upstairs," she surprises herself by saying.

He freezes at that then slowly pulls his head back to stare at her in disbelief.

"Upstairs?" he asks slowly.

Buffy nods and looks him in the eye as the idea really starts taking hold.

"My room," she clarifies.

"Your room?" he parrots.

Deeming this one of those actions speaking louder than words moments, she pushes him back to get away from the wall then grabs his wrist and begins dragging him from the kitchen to the stairs. She cringes inwardly at every creak of the steps under their feet and the thud of his heavy boots as she’s paranoidly certain that Dawn and Willow can both clearly hear the sounds and will know that she’s actually taking Spike to her bedroom.

For sex.

She was sneaking Spike into her bedroom for sex.

Just when she thought her life couldn’t get any weirder …

It was all his smile’s fault and that stupid thing he did with his tongue that made her think of all the incredible things he's proven himself to be able to do with that tongue. And those expressive eyes that seemed to worship her even after having seen her at her absolute worst. And that body that so perfectly matched hers in size and strength and agility.

Just like so much of him perfectly matched her, a little voice says inside.

The words cause her to hesitate on the threshold of her room, thoughts swirling in agreement and contradiction to the desire making her skin tingle in anticipation of what would happen when they went to lay on her bed together.

It’s just a few steps away, that big comfy place where she sleeps alone, but she knows that taking those steps with him means something.

This relatively small room was the one and only part of her life she’d never freely given him access to before. It was her haven from him. The place she hid among crosses and strands of garlic while trying to tell herself what she felt for him was wrong and and sick and not real and temporary.

The threshold they stood on was a point of no return and she knows he feels the same way by the fact that he’s patiently waiting for her to take those steps without any rushing from him.

If she leads him inside this last of her sanctuaries there’s no shutting him back out of her life, even if she has Will do yet another de-invite spell on the house. There’s no ending this or going back to the just as confusing and screwed up kinda reluctant allies thing they’d had for so long before her death.

If she takes him into her room, shuts and locks the door behind them to secure them privacy for the remainder of the night and on into tomorrow, she’ll be …

… admitting the love he so clearly felt for her isn’t one-sided.

Suddenly at the vague thought of 'love' she remembers the words the first Slayer had spoken to her on that spiritual quest so seemingly long yet not even a full year ago. Not the death being her gift thing that had given Buffy the courage to leap into the portal and give her life in place of Dawn having to give hers, but something she hadn’t thought of in a long time.

"You are full of love. You love with all of your soul. It's brighter than the fire ... blinding. That's why you pull away from it," the guide had told her.

She had been so afraid of the numbness she felt then. So afraid she was becoming incapable of love and to here the first Slayer tell her it wasn’t happening had given her … confusion.

When she had asked for confirmation that she wasn’t losing the ability to love as she had feared the first had replied, "Only if you reject it. Love is pain, and the Slayer forges strength from pain. Love ... give ... forgive. Risk the pain. It is your nature."

At the time the words had all seemed to fit her situation with Dawn, but now … it was so fitting for what she had with Spike.

She was only losing love if she rejected it and the love that he was offering her …

It was scary and should be wrong and weird, but as she had once told Dawn weird love’s better than no love.

"Love … give … forgive. Risk the pain."

With those words taking over her thoughts and settling things in her mind, she takes a deep breath and turns to raise her clear green eyes to meet his watchful blue ones.