Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. Hope the story is interesting. More chapters coming up. Please be kind enough to review. I want to know what you think about the story.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.






When Buffy returned with Faith, both of them were covered with demon blood. Willow noticed both of them and frowned. Both of them didn’t seem to happy about the way they look.

“Will… These demons need to just dust like vampires instead of turning into a whole glob of demon yuck.” Faith exclaimed.

“I’m sorry. I’ll let them know as soon as possible.” Willow chuckled at Faith’s remarks.

Faith made a face and looked at Buffy. “I’m going to take a bath and clean up. See you later B.” With that, Faith moved quickly to the bathroom.

Buffy just nodded and turned to Willow. “More demons than I expected. Something is definitely wrong here Will. Not only vampires but there are other demons I’ve never met before.”

Willow listened carefully without interrupting. After Buffy finished, she said, “Ok. We’ll take care of everything when Giles gets here. Right now you go take a shower.”

With a gentle push, Buffy walked to the bathroom she had in her room.

After a while, Faith walked into the library looking for Willow.

“Hey Will. Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure Faith. What’s up?”

“How is Buffy doing? I know it’s hard to handle all the stuff going on right now. But I felt a lot of anger in here. When we went on patrol, we came up with a bunch of demons. Usually it would have been real hard to fight with them. But this time, she just killed them as if they were nothing. She killed most of the demons on patrol.” Faith explained.

“She’s going through a lot right now. Seems like she is having dreams of Spike being tortured by demons. Don’t know what they actually mean.”

“Slayer dreams?” Faith questioned.

“Not sure yet.”

“But it can’t be. I mean if it is Slayer dreams, all the girls should have it right?” Faith asked the question she had in her mind.

“Don’t know. Giles is coming here in a while to find out for us.”

“Ok. The big Watcher is coming huh? I’ll be resting until he comes.” With that, Faith walked back to her room. It was obvious that she was not the biggest fan of the Watcher. Willow sighed watching Faith leave. She didn’t like the way she felt. Hopeless and unable to do anything to help her friend through this.




It was morning when Willow heard a car stopping in front of Hyperion. Willow knew who it could be so she walked down to the hallway ready to greet her friends. The door busted open and in came the rest of the Scooby gang along with Kennedy. Willow was surprised to see her girlfriend there. Before she came to L.A., Kennedy went on a mission to retrieve a girl from Asia. Willow didn’t expect her to come back soon.

“Hey Kennedy.” Willow walked down and gave her a kiss.

“Hey Xander. Nice to see you again.” Xander seemed to be pleased to see Willow too.

“Hey Will. After long time I must say. I missed you a lot you know? It would have been better if you were there with me in Africa. Could have used a friend like you down there. People are not really welcoming in the beginning.” Xander was remembering his moments before coming back to reality.

Dawn was there too along with Xander. She came in front and gave Willow a brief hug. She looked around before asking Willow “Where is Buffy?”

Willow was troubled. She didn’t want Dawn to see Buffy in her current state. “She’s in her room.” When she saw Dawn moving to the stairs to look for Buffy, she stopped her. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to go see her now.”

“Why not? Is she ok?” Dawn seemed alarmed. Willow saw the look on Xander & Kennedy too and knew everyone was getting tensed by her statement.

“She’s alright. She’s taking a rest after the big battle and last night’s patrol. There is nothing to worry about. I need you guys to come with me to the library though.”

Just then Giles walked in with their luggages. “I could use a hand in here.” When he saw Willow, he left everything by the doorstep and went to hug her. “It is a pleasant to see you Willow.”

Willow found the comfort she needed at the moment in Watcher’s hold. She got her strength back and said “Can everyone follow me to the library?” When she saw everyone nodding in agreement, she turned around and saw Rebecca walking down the hallway.

“Rebecca, can you do me a favor and get the luggages to any of the empty rooms?” Rebecca noticed the visitors and lightened up when she saw Giles there. He was the Watcher who brought her to the Slayer world. She went and gave him a hug before moving to the door to get the luggages.

Willow and the rest of the Scooby gang moved to the library. She closed the door when everyone sat around the table. A bunch of books Willow was reading was laid down open. Giles glanced through the book and saw a lot of black magic books in there. He got a nervous itch in his stomach.

“What’s going on Willow?” He asked with a narrowed expression.

Willow saw where Giles’ eyes were looking at before and knew what he was thinking. “Oh no. I’m not into the black magic thing again. They are long gone. I had to use it during the battle but I had it under control. I’ve had a lot of help in Brazil to train to keep it under control.” Willow blabbered trying to make it easier.

Kennedy took hold of her girlfriend’s hand to comfort her. Willow eased up a bit before starting to talk again.

“There is a lot of explaining to do. So please let me finish without interrupting please?” Seeing everyone nod, she continued. “When we came to L.A., the battle has already started. It was not against Angel for starters. He was fighting against the demons that came through a portal when he took down Wolfram and Hart.”

She saw various emotions running through Giles’ mind. She didn’t know what was disturbing him. So she decided to continue. “Angel and his friends took down the firm and it must have caused the rage of demon attack. We got here in time to help them out. Five of our Slayers died in the battle. And two of Angel’s friends died too.” Willow didn’t want to tell them about Spike at the moment.

Giles was disturbed by the news. He was feeling guilty for ignoring Angel’s distress call some time ago when he assumed Angel was evil. He didn’t know what to do to explain his motives. And he couldn’t help but feel that his action could have avoided this battle in the first place.

Xander who was not aware of the emotions running through the Witch and the Watcher wanted to continue the conversation.

“So what was the big emergency about?”

Willow got back from her thoughts about Spike. She hesitated trying to find out the right way to explain it. She saw the annoying look on Dawn’s face and anxious look on Xander and Kennedy’s face. Willow decided to break the news to her friends.

“The emergency is about…” she took a second to breathe out the name “Spike”.

There was a sudden silence in the room. Everyone’s expressions changed in a moment. Giles’ expression changed to feeling guiltier of remembering his thoughts of Spike. Xander’s expression was unreadable. He was not the biggest fan of Spike but after his sacrifice, Xander never made a bad comment at all about him. So his emotions were mixed. Dawn’s look gave away the pain she felt hearing his name again. She missed him a lot like Buffy but hid her emotions from everyone. Since nobody spoke about him in the past year, the emotions never came out. But now hearing his name, it brought back the emotions again. Kennedy stayed clear since she had no feelings about the vampire. She didn’t know him well enough to care about him.

After a moment, Xander cleared his throat and asked the question everyone was thinking.

“What about Spike?”

Now Willow was scared of what the reaction might be upon hearing the truth. But it has to be told to everyone. So she readied herself for it.

“We all know Spike sacrificed himself to save the world. We knew he burned up into ashes along with Sunnydale’s destruction. What we didn’t know is that he was stuck in the amulet that destroyed everything in hellmouth.” Willow continued without looking at the confused and surprised faces. “The amulet was sent to Angel where he came out undead as a ghost.” She heard gasps from the listeners. Dawn was shocked and Xander was pale. Giles looked confused and lost. Willow decided to continue.

“He was here with Angel and his friends until he became corporeal six months ago. He joined Angel’s team to fight the evil and he was involved in the final battle with the demon army.” Willow stopped to see anyone having any reactions.

The Scooby gang was lost out of words. They didn’t know what to say or where to start. Finally Dawn asked the question. “Whe… Where is he?” she finally found her voice to raise the question.

Willow didn’t know how to break the news. She knew the answer will break Dawn’s heart. She finally found the strength to tell the sad news. “He died in the battle.” She saw the pain in Dawn’s face upon hearing the news.

Dawn felt like someone have stabbed her heart at that moment. When she heard Spike was alive again, she felt shock but a slight sensation of happiness too. She thought she could have a chance to be with him again. She wanted to talk with her friend after long time. But when she heard that he died again, she felt the pain she felt when Sunnydale was destroyed only this time it was double. She couldn’t hold on to the pain anymore and she broke into a cry. She cried so hard and let all her emotions flow through. She felt someone holding her. She looked up to see Xander who was sitting next to her embrace her. She saw some pain in his eyes too and she felt glad that he was missing Spike too. She held on to him and continued to cry.

Giles was lost for words with the situation. He didn’t like Spike hanging around Buffy but after his sacrifice and saving the world, he seemed to accept Spike as a good guy in the team. Upon hearing his return and his death, he felt sorrow from his heart for the vampire. It was something he would have never imagined himself feeling especially for a vampire like Spike. He had a lot of questions such as ‘Why didn’t Spike come back to Buffy? Why didn’t he try to contact the Watchers’ Council? Why didn’t Angel let them know?’ Upon remembering Angel, he wondered whether it was the news Angel wanted to say the last time he called and wanting Willow.

Kennedy who didn’t share any emotions of the rest of them feeling remained silent. She waited until she couldn’t take it no more. So she decided to talk by herself. She turned to Willow and raised the question.

“So what is the big emergency? I know he was back alive and all that but he is dead now right? Why is it urgent enough for us to rush in?” She questioned and got a reply she never would have imagined.

A slap from someone made her head spinning for a minute. She least expected that and it caught her off guard. When she regained herself, she looked at the eyes of a teenager full of rage and hatred. She immediately realized what she said and felt guilty for saying it out loud.

“How dare you speak like that? He meant a lot to some of us if you care to know. Every bit of information about him is urgent to us and if you don’t like it, you can get back to wherever the hell you came from.” Dawn yelled at the Slayer.

Willow was having confused feelings. She was feeling shocked on her girlfriend’s response to the news and she was more shocked when she saw Dawn slapping the Slayer without any fear and full of anger. “I’m sorry for what Kennedy said Dawn” she looked apologetic to the teenager. “But there is something else that needed some attention.” Willow said looking at Giles. He steadied himself and got ready for the information.

“After the battle, Buffy started to have dreams of Spike being tortured. She has had two dreams so far. She thinks they are Slayer dreams but only she seems to be having them. That’s why we needed you to figure it out for us.”

“Are you sure it is Slayer dreams?” Giles asked Willow.

“Yes” The answer came from the doorway. Everyone turned to see the door open with Buffy standing there with her arms crossed looking at them.


A/N : PLEASE REVIEW.

TBC