Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. Hope the story is interesting. More chapters coming up. Reviews are appreciated.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





Buffy stood there emotionless looking at the people sitting in the table. She saw Giles sitting close to Willow and Kennedy with a cheek red with five finger marks in it. And she saw Dawn crying in the shoulders of Xander who looked like he was on the verge of crying too. She immediately knew they knew about Spike.

Upon seeing Buffy, Dawn broke her hold on Xander and ran to Buffy. She embraced her and didn’t want to let her go. She felt Buffy holding her with the same strength for a minute before easing up. Buffy walked down to the table with Dawn still clutching onto her. Both of them sat together in the empty chairs in the table. Buffy turned towards everyone in the table giving them a nod before giving her sister a hug. Then letting go of her, she turned towards Giles.

“Yes Giles. I know it is Slayer dreams. Because I felt it. I felt the pain he felt. It was horrible. I don’t think dreams can be that effective.” Buffy said with confident.

“I understand Buffy. But maybe this is happening because of his loss. We all feel the pain of losing him here. But you must be affected most by it. And it may be the reason of your dreams.” Giles said trying to convince her.

“Maybe I’m going to say the wrong thing and if I do, I’m sorry for it.” Kennedy spoke breaking their argument. “But doesn’t vampires go to hell after they die? I mean I agree Spike did a good thing on saving the world. And he has been good for a while now. But still it doesn’t cover up all the sins he did when he was a vampire right?”

Everyone looked at her with various expressions. Dawn and Buffy were showing clear anger towards her and Willow seemed to be upset by her remark. Xander was showing anger and frustration while Giles seemed to be considering her thoughts. She immediately backed out. “I’m just saying.”

A loud rude response of “NO” from both sisters made her shut up.

“I would have to agree with what she said.” A voice near the door said. Everyone turned and saw Angel walking into the library with the help of Faith. He saw everyone in the table and his gaze finally found the Watcher. He suddenly changed into his game face preparing to attack him. But Faith held him back. Giles got alerted by the reaction and knew it was his fault.

“How dare you come into my place?” Angel hissed in anger.

“I came because Willow asked me to.” Giles replied with guilt in his tone.

“Now you can come but you can’t come when we need you here huh?” Angel said with a mocked anger tone.

“What is he talking about?” Willow asked totally confused.

“We can deal with that later. There are more important issues right now.” Buffy said trying to break the tension between them. Willow looked at Buffy and Buffy mouthed ‘I’ll tell you later’. Willow seemed to be ok with that and settled down.

Angel and Faith took the final seats in the table. Angel saw the looks he was getting from the people in the table and remembered what he said finally.

“I think I know what she was talking about vampires going to hell.” Angel said it again. “After Spike came back as a ghost, he was being haunted by another evil spirit in the building.”

“A ghost being haunted? Now that’s the first time I’ve heard it.” Xander said looking at the humor in that situation. He realized the seriousness and said “I’m sorry. Please continue.”

“Spike told me he was slipping into hell. It was the spirit’s doing but it was trying to feed the hell demons the sinned soul. I don’t think saving the world would allow the vampire to go to heaven.” Angel finally said it.

“No. Spike cannot go to hell. He was a champion. He was a hero. He deserves to be happy.” Dawn exclaimed and broke down again. Buffy held her to comfort her but it worked only a little as Buffy herself was feeling the need to cry.

“I understand what you say and I don’t know anything for sure. It seems to be a possibility too. That’s all I’m trying to point out.” Angel said to the group.

Buffy finally regaining herself, turned to Giles. “Can you do me a favor and do a research for me on this please?” She asked pleadingly. Giles nodded and Buffy turned to Dawn. “Come on. I’ll take you to your room.” With that, they walked out of the library to the hall. They found Rebecca and asked where Dawn was staying. She was close to Buffy’s room and both of them walked back together.

In the study room, Giles was tensed. He didn’t know how to act towards Angel. He decided to ask for forgiveness from a vampire. This would be another thing he would not have imagined. ‘This day is not my lucky day’ he thought for himself. Finally getting the courage, he said “I feel the need to apologize for my misunderstanding of you Angel. I came to a conclusion before knowing the facts.”

Angel didn’t seem to be very forgiving though. “You can tell that to Fred’s soul after you die.” He said glaring at the Watcher.

Understanding the words Angel said finally, Giles felt more guiltier than ever. His action has caused someone their life and he was responsible. He was ashamed of himself and didn’t know what to do at that point.

Willow was shocked at the news. She didn’t notice Fred’s missing before. Now she realized it. “Fred is dead?” she asked Angel disbelievingly. Angel turned towards her and said “Illyria is Fred. She took control of Fred’s body thanks to your Watcher here.” Willow didn’t know how to react. She liked Fred the last time she was there. Now she missed the girl who was innocent and kind and reminded a lot of Tara. She felt tears falling down her eyes. She was angry at Giles for whatever mistake he made. She decided she needed a time alone and walked out of the room. Xander saw Willow leave and walked with her.

“Hey G. Maybe this is not the good time but I need you to know something.” Faith started talking after all the walking away.

Giles got his attention back at the Slayer and listened to her.

“There were a lot of demon activities outside man. And they were not vampires. It was all sorts of demons. Some are quite strong. Very unusual activity. You need to check on that too.”

“Maybe there is some connection to Buffy’s dreams and demon activities.” Giles started to wonder.

“Must be another attack Wolfram and Hart are preparing for.” Angel shrugged his shoulder upon saying that. He didn’t feel like fighting for anyone anymore. All his friends have died and he doesn’t see a purpose in fighting the good fight.

“Why do you say that? I thought you took them down” Giles asked while Faith and Kennedy listened.

“Don’t you people ever get the proper information? Wolfram and Hart has been here for many centuries. They are there in many dimensions. You can’t destroy them by destroying a building and a bunch of big heads. I just delayed their control over this world. They will be back.”

“Then we must be ready for them. Faith, you and Kennedy go prepare all the Slayers. I’ll do some research and find more information.” Giles started to give the orders.

“Don’t you get it? You can’t beat them. Not with a bunch of Slayers and a powerful Witch. They are very strong and very powerful. When they attack in full force, we will not be able to survive.” Angel said it with a depressed tone.

“We have got to try.” With that, Giles moved to look for information on the books available in the library. Angel got up and walked towards the kitchen to find more blood. Faith and Kennedy went to find the Slayers to get them prepared.




Spike awoke with a very bad headache. Something was banging inside his head. He couldn’t figure out what it was. He felt the blood dripping through his nose. It was like he got a chip in his head that is electrocuting him from the inside. He looked around seeing nobody in the room.

Then he heard a very familiar laughing voice coming from the end of the room. He tried to put a face to the voice but couldn’t do so. He hasn’t heard that for a while now.

“How are you feelin Willy?” With that, he knew who it was.

“Angelus?” Spike questioned wondering how he was there. ‘Did Angel lose his soul again?’

“Yes my boy. It’s your grand sire here. Seems like you’ve gotten pretty weak from all this time. Falling in love with the slayer. Saving the world from hell. Sacrificing yourself to save the ones you love. Not a good resume for a vampire you know?” Angelus mocked him.

“You are not here. I’m hallucinating.” Spike said it out loud trying to convince himself.

“I’m not real huh? Then how can I do this?” With that, Angelus punched Spike across his face. It was a hard blow and knocked Spike’s head into dizziness.

“There is a lot you need to learn my boy. Remember the torture you did to me when you came to L.A.?” Angelus showed a bucket with hot pokers. Spike remembered that time and knew what was going to happen.

“This is my time to return the favor to my grand childe” With that, Angelus took a poker and stabbed it hard right close to the heart. Spike screamed in pain.

“There my boy. Scream out louder.” Another poker stabbed him through. Spike was struggling to keep quiet but when a third poker stabbed him hard right into his heart, he gave up and gave a loud scream.

“This is going to be so much fun.” Angelus laughed and continued his treatment.




Far in the room, Maricca and W&H was standing watching Spike hanging from the chain screaming in pain. There was no one with him but Spike’s body was bleeding and seemed to be in torture. Maricca was feeling the effect from Spike and W&H watched it calmly with a grim in his face.

“So how is his soul feeling?” W&H asked Maricca.

“Beautiful. His soul is filled with pain and suffering. And the torture of his soul is so beautiful. It is a perfect gift for me. I can live with these memories for a long time.”

“Well… You feed on his soul as much as you want. But I need my return of the deal.” W&H said not forgetting his aim.

“Don’t worry old friend. Your army is being created as we speak. The more I feed, the stronger I get. And it will bring you more army.”

“Then I’ll leave you to it.” With that, W&H left the room still hearing Spike’s screams.


A/N : PLEASE REVIEW.

TBC