Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. Hope the story is interesting. More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




Giles slammed the book he was holding in the table with exhaustion. He removed his glasses and wiped them clean thinking of what he should do next. He has been researching through the books available in the library for a day now. So far, he couldn’t find any evidence as to where Spike could be or what he was facing. To be honest, he doesn’t even know what he was hoping to get from his research. He knew there was a slim chance that the necessary information will be available. He started because he didn’t want to disappoint Buffy by saying ‘No’.

“Still no luck I guess.” Willow said while walking into the room.

Giles turned to acknowledge Willow before turning back to the book pile in front of him. “No. I don’t know what I am looking for. It’s not likely that someone would have researched on where a vampire with a soul goes after saving the world.”

Willow chuckled at his comment. ‘Giles still has some humor left in him’ Willow thought.

“So how come you didn’t tell me about Fred’s death?” Willow asked the question wanting to clear the air between them.

Giles shuddered with guilt for a moment before answering, “I didn’t know someone’s life was at stake. When Angel called me wanting your help, I thought he needed something in black magic. At that period of time, I was under the impression he has turned evil and was running the evil law firm. Only half of it seems to be true and there were reasons behind it I assume.”

Willow nodded understandingly. “I understand what you are trying to say Giles. But I need to remind you that it is my decision in the end. You are trying to control the decisions we take in our lives and while it seems very protective, it also irritates the hell out of us. Please trust in us and let us decide.” Willow said convincingly.

Giles nodded in agreement. Both of them started back at the books with a feeling of some weight off his shoulder. ‘Atleast Willow was not angry with me’ Giles thought.

He read about souls being tortured for the sins they have committed in their lives. “This does not look good.” Giles murmured with a low voice.




Spike has passed away again out of the pain Angelus caused him. He was sure at first that it was not Angelus. But after feeling the hot pokers through his body, he was not sure anymore. Then he heard a faint voice in the room. It was as if someone was singing.

“Oh, don't deceive me. Oh, never leave me. How could you use a poor maiden so?" the voice echoed over the walls. Spike knew who the voice belonged to.

“Mother?” Spike questioned with the voice he had left in him.

“Hello, William.”

She came out of the dark and stood in front of Spike. She looked just like how she was before he killed her. Her hair was down let loose and she looked like she was young.

“You are dead. I killed you.” Spike said with a shocked voice.

“Oh. You thought you did son. After all, you died but came back alive didn’t you? Why can’t a poor old lady like me come back?”

“No. You can’t. You are dead. This is not real.”

“I feel extraordinary. It's as though I've been given new eyes. I see everything. Understand... everything.”

“No” Spike whimpered softly.

“I hate to be cruel— No, I don't. I used to hate to be cruel in life. Now, I find it rather freeing. Nothing less will pry your greedy little fingers off my apron strings, will it?”

“Please. Stop.” Spike begged.

“Ever since the day you first slithered from me like a parasite...”

William’s mother looked at him for a moment. Then raised a question.

“Tell me son. Have you found the woman you want?”

Spike just had his head down. His mother gave him a smile as if he was pathetic.

“God, I prayed you'd find a woman to release me, but you scarcely showed an interest. Who could compare to your doddering housebound mum? A captive audience for your witless prattle.”

Spike kept quiet and she continued to taunt him.

“Darling, I told you once before. You'll always be a limp... sentimental fool.”

Spike didn’t say anything but just tried to control his emotions.

“You want to get away from here, don't you? Scamper off and cry to your new little trollop. Do you really think you love her? Think you'll be able to touch her without feeling me? All you ever wanted was to be back inside. You finally got your wish, didn't you? Sank your teeth into me. An eternal kiss. Made me who I am.”

Spike couldn’t speak. He just gave her pleading look begging her to stop.

“There, there, precious. It will only hurt for a moment.” With that, she struck a wooden cane similar like the one he used on her into his right side of his chest. It hurted like hell. But he was alive to feel it.

“I’m Sorry.” Spike whispered the last words to her.

Spike broke down and started to feel the tears running down his eyes. It was not from the physical pain he had but the emotion pain he felt seeing his mother and hearing the same words again.

She stood in front of him with a smile looking at the broken soul being tortured. She got satisfied with her work; she walked back into the darkness in the room.

Spike didn’t notice her leaving as he was too caught up on his emotions.




Buffy was trying to sleep after settling Dawn into her bed. But she was struggling to go back into the dreamland afraid of seeing the same thing she saw before. But this time, it felt different. When she was in the dark room again, she didn’t see any demons. All she saw was Spike hanging by the wall in the chains holding him. She moved towards him as much as she can. She tried to call him but she couldn’t. She saw him broken and crying which is not a scene that she saw very often. He seemed like he was defeated. She knew whatever demon was torturing him have succeeded in their attempt to break the master vampire. She badly wanted to reach out to help him through it. But she couldn’t. All she could do is watch him cry. She got a sudden determination to help him through this. With that, she forced herself out of the dream. She woke up and with the same determination, walked downstairs to the library. She saw Dawn was up before her. Angel was looking better and healed enough to walk by himself. Giles and Willow was sitting in front of the book pile looking tired from all the research. Xander was still missing and Faith wasn’t there yet. Illyria was there still looking at everyone with as if she was lost and confused.

Buffy focused her attention at the researchers.

“Any luck?”

“Not yet Buff. Seems like we are reaching a dead end on all the research we could do. I can’t think of anything else at the moment unless someone gives me a clue.” Willow said it weakly.

“I had another dream last night.” Buffy broke the news getting the attention of everyone in the room.

“I saw Spike broken and crying wherever he was. I doubt it that it was heaven because the demon torturing him for whatever reason has succeeded.”

Angel grimaced at the news. He knew his grand childe. Spike is not someone who would give up easily by someone trying forcing him to. He was too stubborn for it. The demons must be pretty strong to break him down like that.

Dawn looked terrified about the news of Spike. She was afraid for her friend. She didn’t know what she could do to help him.

Giles seemed to be thinking for a minute and a thought came into his mind. He felt as if he had made a discovery of the lifetime. “I may know what the cause of these dreams is.” He exclaimed looking at the anxious faces around him.

He steadied himself and started to explain. “Buffy is the only one feeling it because she is the only one connected with Spike. She has strong feelings for him and he obviously has strong feelings for her. Along with her Slayer senses, his inner mind calling out for her may prove these dreams to be readable in her dreams.”

But another thought came into his minds. He paused before he said it out loud. “If my assumption is correct, the reason why all the Slayers didn’t feel this Slayer dream is because it must be a mystical place. A place where normal souls cannot reach into. That’s why only inner mind’s calls to Buffy were reached and not the Slayer calls to the other Slayers. We must know more before we proceed.”

Everyone seemed to understand what Giles were saying but they were hesitating to wait and research instead of taking actions. Everyone was lost in their thoughts while Willow came up with an idea.

“I can do something about finding where Spike’s soul is. Atleast if he still has the soul that is.”

Everyone focused their attention on her.

“If this place is mystical as Giles said, then Black Magic can be useful to finding his soul’s location. It is a hard job but with a help of the members of the Coven I met in Brazil who are experts in Black Magic, I may be able to find his soul and the dimension.”

“Great Will. Please contact them soon and ask them about it. We need to hurry up before anything bad happens. If the demon’s intention was to break down Spike’s soul, he would not hesitate to kill him since he has already succeeded in his aim. So we must hurry.” Buffy was half demanding and half begging her friend when she finished.

“I’ll call them right now.” Willow hurried knowing how her best friend felt.

Buffy turned around to the others. “All we can do until then is wait. So everyone else do some information gathering on the demon attacks. We must protect the world while we deal with the other issue.” With that, Buffy moved to the Slayers’ training room to get ready for the mission to rescue Spike. Whoever held Spike was going to feel her total wraith.

Willow finished her phone call from Angel’s office and ran into the Slayers’ training room knowing Buffy will be there. As expected, Buffy was beating up the punching bag getting all her anger out. The bag was on the verge of being torn apart. Willow stopped for a moment before calling out for Buffy not wanting to get attacked for surprising her.

“Hey Buffy.” Buffy turned to look at her friend. “I’ve got some good news. The Coven members are still there and they are willing to help us. After I said that it is very urgent, they have offered to teleport me back to Brazil in about ten minutes. I’ll get the information and come back within a day.” Willow said excitedly.

Buffy smiled at the good news. ‘Finally something useful to find Spike’ she thought to herself.




It took a while for Spike to gather himself up from the emotional breakdown he had with his mother. He felt as he felt after killing his mother. Only this time, she killed him instead. He remembered her words ringing in his head like a bee. He tried to ignore it but it kept on taunting him making sure he was not recovering fully from his emotional breakdown. Then he sensed some presence in the room and wondered who it was going to be this time.

“Hey Spike” An excited voice surprised him. He expected to see her of all the people he knew.

“Lil bit?” He asked clearly confused.

Dawn came out of the darkness looking exactly like how he remembered her. She had an angry look on her face similar to the look she had when she threatened him.

A/N : Hey Everyone. I must say that the conversation with Spike and his mother was from the episode ‘Lies My Parents Told Me’ in Season 7 of Buffy. I got them from Buffyworld and modified them to suit my story. Hope it is worthy. PLEASE REVIEW.

TBC