Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm very disappointed. I gave a double feature and I got the lowest reviews in a chapter. Please tell me if I'm going wrong anywhere. Your feedbacks will be very much needed and appreciated.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





All the Scooby members were around the table in the library. Angel, Illyria and Faith joined the discussion too. Kennedy was with the Slayers taking care of them. She didn’t volunteer into this assignment as she knew that she wouldn’t be welcomed.

“I found out where Spike is.” Willow started the topic.

“Where?” Giles asked the Witch expecting an explanation.

“You were right Giles. He is in a dimension before Hell. He was caught in there by some demon I’m not familiar with yet. The Witches sensed some powerful demons there but they didn’t know the details. All they know is that Spike’s soul was trapped in there along with him and it is being tortured. It is fading away and we need to rescue him before it does.” Willow saw the panicked look on Dawn and Buffy.

“How can we do that? Do you know how to get there and don’t forget how to come back?” Xander spoke after a moment of silence.

“It takes a lot of power to open a portal into that dimension. The power even I don’t possess. Not with my white magic for sure. I may be able to if I go into my black magic but I will not be able to come back once I go there. It takes a lot of power for it.” Willow said with a sad tone.

“I would have been able to if I had my powers.” Illyria said to the others. She was upset that she didn’t have the old powers to rescue her pet.

“I can’t ask you to do what you shouldn’t Will. It’s not fair. We must find another alternative solution.” Buffy said trying to comfort Willow.

“Please Buffy. Please do something about it? I don’t want him to suffer. I want him back” Dawn pleaded fighting back her tears.

“I know honey. I’ll do everything I can to bring him back.” Buffy tried to comfort her sister fighting back her own tears.

Everyone was taking a moment of silence to think for a solution. Then the solution came from the least expected in the room.

“I’m not sure of this but I think there might be someone I know who could help. If he is alive that is.” Angel said breaking the silence.

Everyone turned to him with expectation and hope. He cleared his throat before speaking.

“Remember the spirit I told you about haunting Spike? Spike said he was trying to push his soul into hell. He was a master in Black Magic. He was known well in W&H for his mistreatments. Spike had a chance to become corporeal. But he had to make a choice of saving Fred’s life or him becoming corporeal. He chose Fred and pushed the spirit into the circle and in result, the spirit became corporeal. We locked him in the basement forever. When the building of W&H fell down, I think the basement should be there. So I think he can be used to open this portal.” Angel explained his thoughts.

Buffy felt pride running through her body on her vampire being the hero and saved someone’s life. But she also felt jealousy sticking up for him sacrificing for the girl whom he apparently confessed of loving. But right now, her main thoughts were to rescue him.

“So what are we waiting for? Let’s go dig up the basement.” With the new found energy, Buffy led them to the door towards where Wolfram and Hart existed once.

In the next hour, they were all ready to dig up the basement to find the person they were looking for. It seemed like the basement didn’t get damaged much by the collapse. After another couple of hours of hard work in that night, they got an opening to the stairs that led to the basement. Nobody was willing to give up at that moment and they continued to walk down until they reached the door they were looking for. He's standing in it, strapped in by metal bars, with electrodes attached to his head; just like he was left before. Everyone got a shiver at the look of his face.

“What is his name?” Buffy whispered to Angel.

“His name is Pavayne. But he goes under the name Reaper.” Angel said remembering the old times.

“I’ve heard of that name before. He was a mass murderer back in the old days. He killed many people very violently as I recall.” Giles said wiping his glasses. “Are we sure we should do this?” He questioned everyone knowing the answer.

Everyone except him said in unison “Yes.” Giles just nodded and kept himself silent.

Angel opened the door and took the wires out of his head. He saw Reaper waking up and glaring at Angel. “I will rip your throat and feed it to the fishes. I’ll suck your soul while you are alive.” He was hissing at Angel, he forgot to notice the company.

A punch on his face made him come back to reality. He felt the blood oozing out of his nose. He turned around to see a pissed off woman standing in front of him.

“That is for trying to throw Spike into hell.” Buffy glared.

Angel was amused by the situation. He turned around to Reaper and said with a harsh tone. “We need you to open a portal for us. We know you can. You have been involved in Black Magic for a long time. It would be easy for you. If you do that, we will release you from this cell. Or else, you will be stuck here for eternity and nobody will even know you are here.”

The Reaper turned his head into a cocky position. He was dreaming for a minute before snapping back into reality. “You want me to open a portal for you using my talents. Now why would I ever want to do that?” He mocked Angel.

“Because if you don’t, you will be feeling eternal pain stuck in that cell.” Willow stepped forward threatening the Reaper.

Reaper turned his focus to the Witch standing in front of him. “Interesting. A Witch. A very powerful one. But still she is not trying to open the portal herself. Too scared to do black magic?” Now it was Willow’s turn to be mocked.

His comment earned him another punch in his face from Buffy. He turned around and glared at her. “I see you have more than human strength in you. I am assuming you as the Slayer. And I don’t doubt for a minute you and the Witch will do as you promised. But what I am not sure of is my freedom from this cell once I opened the portal.”

“You have my word that you will be freed from this cell.” Angel promised him. Giles was uncomfortable by this situation; he was coughing out loud to show his disagreement. Everyone just ignored him.

“Free me from this cell and I’ll help you open the portal.” Reaper finally agreed.

With that, Angel removed the metal bars holding him. He took hold of Reaper from one side while Buffy took hold from the other. They dragged him back to Hyperion.

“Now where would you like me to take you to?” Reaper questioned them.

Willow gave him a note. He saw what was written and he got a slight fear in his expression. “Limba? You want me to open the portal to Limba? You must be out of your minds. Do you know what kind of evil is there? You will be instantly killed down there.” Reaper was agitating now.

“We’ll take our chances. Besides, why do you care?” Buffy asked the question she had in her mind.

“Because if you don’t make it, I may be stuck back into the cell again” Reaper announced his fear.

“Don’t worry. We’ll come back and we will finish our goal. You just concentrate on opening the portal for us.”

With that, Reaper told Willow some magical items he would require to open the portal. Willow rushed to the phone and after half hour, the items were teleported into the room thanks to Coven.

“I need a massive surge of dark energy to open the portal. I am not sure you could get that in this world anymore.”

“What energy? What are you talking about?” Buffy questioned trying to hide her panic.

“Opening the portal requires a massive surge of dark energy to catalyze the process. I cannot open the portal and pass through the fortress of magic force field without it.”

“The cat is gone. No more energy to get from.” Angel murmured.

“What?” Buffy turned her head to question Angel. She heard him mumbling something to himself.

“Nothing. What are we going to do now?” Angel brushed off his thoughts of guilt and tried to focus on the current situation.

“You can use my blood.” A voice came out of nowhere. Everyone turned around to look at Dawn.

“I am the key. Or atleast I was. My blood must be useful to open up portals still. Use mine.” Dawn said it again with more confidence.

“No Dawn. You are made from me. They can use my blood.” Buffy protested.

“No Buffy. You need to be strong to go through this. I don’t know what is there on the other side. You cannot be weak to defend yourself. I will be here and my blood will be useful. I owe him that.” Dawn replied back without reconsidering the offer.

“She’s right Buffy.” Willow agreed.

Buffy slumped back agreeing half heartedly. She didn’t want anyone to hurt Dawn and use her blood again. It was bringing back memories of Glory. The last time it happened, she died. This time she was more worried about the vampire with a soul than herself. She didn’t want him to die and she has to be strong to save him from all evil.

“Go ahead.” Buffy nodded to Reaper.

He took a knife and cut Dawn’s wrist. She flinched and when she saw Buffy’s face, she gave a smile to confirm that she was ok. Buffy relaxed after looking at her sister’s face. She was amazed on how much Dawn has grown up now.

Reaper started the spell and held his hands open covered with Dawn’s blood. A swirl came in out of nowhere and it was creating destruction in the room. Nobody cared about the items as they were focused on more important issues at the moment. The portal opened finally and steadied. Buffy looked back at the others. They have decided that Buffy, Angel, Illyria and Faith are going to the rescue. Buffy had her scythe and Angel had a sword in his hand. Faith was armed as well and Illyria was going bare handed as usual.

“Use this vile to open the portal from the other side.” Reaper handed them a vile filled with Dawn’s blood and some potion. Buffy took it and kept it safe with her. They all moved into the portal together.


A/N : Finally they found a way to rescue Spike. PLEASE REVIEW.

TBC