Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long delay. Been caught up with work related and graudation. Will be graduating this weekend and wanted to share a chapter as a treat.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





On the other side of the portal, Buffy and Angel took the first steps and Illyria along with Faith followed them. All of them were transported into a dark hallway. Nobody was around and everyone was relieved for that. Buffy could sense Spike and so does Angel. Both of them led the way while the other two followed. Faith is still not very familiar with Spike but she could feel the evil in the place around them.

Buffy and Angel walked down the hallway until they saw a dim light coming through a room. Both of them were careful to not make any sound. Angel signed Faith and Illyria to wait while Buffy and Angel sneaked into the room. They saw a woman close to the door with her eyes closed. She was showing signs of feeling pleasure. Buffy tried to figure out what was happening when she got a glance at Spike. Even though she has seen him before in her dreams, it still shook her. The mere sight of him hanging down all bruised and hurt was not a pleasurable moment for her. Angel seemed to have noticed it too. He advanced forward towards the woman and stood close to her. She didn’t notice him while she felt the pleasure. Angel gave a hard punch to her face that made her snap out of her feeding. She glared at him angrily.

“Who are you? How did you get in here?” She demanded.

“I’m Angel and I came here to kick your ass.” With that, he lunges forward and hits the woman right on her waist. She fell backwards along with Angel. Angel started to smash her with both of his fists. Suddenly he got thrown away from her.

“How dare you attack me vampire?” She hissed. It was as if she didn’t feel anything at all.

Buffy decided to join the action and she attacked the woman from behind. Maricca turned around and gave a swing at Buffy. Even with her blocking, Buffy stumbled away and fell to the ground. That woman was stronger than Buffy expected. She turned around to face Angel who got up with his game face on. He growled at her and jumped to pounce on her. But she just caught him swiftly in the air throwing him to the other side of the wall. Buffy saw this and tried to get her advantage while she was distracted. Buffy attacked her from behind and threw punches at her body. But it seemed ineffective towards her. Maricca turned around to face the Slayer. She took hold of Buffy’s hand and pulled it hard and Buffy flew across the room to be smashed to the wall. Angel and Buffy were injured but they didn’t give up. They tried to attack at the same time but Maricca was strong enough to handle them both. She seemed faster and more powerful than they anticipated. She turned around and gave a roundhouse kick to both of them sending them flying away again.

“You are nothing to the power of Maricca. I am the God of Soul Slavery. I enjoy feeding on souls. And I have two more to add to my collection.” She said clearly interested in taking both prisoners alive.

“I am not sure about that idea.” Faith moved in now with her swords and scythe into the room. She carried the weapons since Buffy and Angel were trying to sneak in silently. She tossed the sword to Angel and scythe to Buffy while she got ready for the attack.

Maricca seemed surprised to see two humans and a vampire trying to attack her. It was a humorous situation in her point of view. Never before have had she faced a situation like this before.

All of them tried to attack at once but they failed to notice her fingernails that grew longer than normal. She held both of her hands and the swords and scythe hit the fingernails like hitting a metallic object. She took a swung at Faith and she scratched her right shoulder with her nails. It was like claws with sharp pointed blades. She attacked all three of them at the same time but careful enough to only injure them. She could feel the potential in their souls and they seemed to be worthy to her.

Finally Maricca got tired of the battle as she swung her nails towards Buffy and Angel and while they tried to defend it with their weapons, she did a sweep kick that brought down Buffy and Angel and knocking their weapons far away from them. Faith who was already knocked to the corner of the wall tried to get up but couldn’t. All of them were injured by Maricca who stood there with an amused face.

“Now what are you going to do now? I don’t think you have the strength to fight me again. Just give up and I’ll be easy with your souls.” She mocked them.

“I wish to do some violence too.” The sound by the doorway was heard. Maricca turned around to face Illyria. Maricca didn’t realize who she was initially. She tried to figure out who the blue demon was.

“Who are you?”

“I am Illyria, god-king of the primordium.” She announced herself.

Maricca’s eyes widened with surprise. She didn’t expect to see her.

“Illyria? I thought you were dead.”

“I was imprisoned for centuries. And I was released into this shell to relive again. You have my pet and these people came in to save him. I wish to take my pet and them with me.”

Maricca’s eyes narrowed. “Are you working along with humans and vampires? Are you that weak now?”

“I do not wish to discuss about myself. I want them to come with me right now.”

“It is not possible.”

“Then we should do battle.” With that, Illyria took her stance.

Maricca got prepared. She knows about Illyria. She was a weak demon when Illyria was a powerful one. But she assumed after all this time, Illyria would be weak. But her assumption was proven wrong when Illyria gave her a hard punch right in the chest throwing her to the wall in the room. Maricca got up and charged at Illyria. Illyria side-stepped and kicked her in the gut and gave an elbow to her back sending Maricca to her knees. Illyria took hold of Maricca’s head and brought her knee right to her face. Maricca fell to the ground grimaced in pain. Illyria reached to get hold of her when Maricca tried to attack with her nails. Illyria stepped back and alerted herself to the nails.

Maricca once again charged with her fingers pointed towards Illyria this time. Illyria jumped in the air and somersaulted and landed behind Maricca. When she tried to turn around, Illyria swiftly took hold of both the hands and slammed them together puncturing both hands with her nails. Maricca cried out in pain. Illyria took hold of the nails and she pulled it hard enough to tear it from the fingers. Maricca was hurt so badly she fell to the ground crying out in pain. Illyria stepped her foot on Maricca’s throat. Illyria saw fear of death on the other demon’s face. With a glance at Spike, she knew what happened to him. She was familiar with the soul torture at her time. She didn’t like the sight in front of her especially to her pet. She turned back with her eyes cold and clearly looking at Maricca’s face, she put more force crushing the demon’s throat which resulted in sudden painful death.

During the battle between Illyria and Maricca, Angel, Buffy and Faith have regained their strengths. They were on their foot and watched the battle without interfering. Angel already knew Illyria’s strength but Buffy and Faith saw it for the first time without any interruptions. They were surprised and scared a bit about the demon. Illyria just turned to look at them and nodded her head towards Spike. All of them broke out from their stare at the demon and moved towards Spike. He was barely conscious when he felt hands over his body. His mind was begging ‘No More’ but he couldn’t utter any words. He smelled a familiar vanilla smell and immediately knew who it was. He tried to struggle out of the hold but he was too weak to fight against. Their holds on him were iron grip and he couldn’t do anything else but to allow to be dragged. Angel was on one side while Buffy was on the other holding him tightly. He continued to struggle as much as he can but hearing Buffy’s voice mutters to him “It’s ok. You’re safe” made him feel something. It was not the words but her tone that soothed him down. He gave in and fell back into unconscious.

A bunch of demons have found their way into the hallway and they were ready to attack the intruders. Faith who was handling the scythe now and Illyria was leading the way to the place where they can open the portal and killing the demons that got in their way. Buffy and Angel were busy carrying Spike; they didn’t interfere in the battle in front of them. Finally they all made it to the location. Buffy threw the vile and it started to shimmer in the air showing signs of creating the portal. They knew they had support from the other side if any demons go through with them. After the portal got steadied, Angel and Buffy walked with Spike into the portal while Illyria and Faith covered them. Then they themselves went into the portal.

W&H was watching everything that happened since their arrival. He went to get the demons to attack the intruders when he was suddenly stopped by the fourth person he saw with the intruders. He was familiar with Illyria although she didn’t know about him. He followed them and saw the battle with Maricca. He saw Illyria kill her and fear captured his mind. He went back to bring more demons for an attack to stop them. But after they passed through, he got a smile in his face.

“Don’t worry. I’m still here. I have my requirement. My army is ready. I will rule all the dimensions once I capture theirs. The vampire will distract their attention while I execute my plan.” Speaking out loud to himself, W&H was proud of his own accomplishment in the past few days. He felt good about what he was going to do; he got a smile in his face that turned into a loud laughter echoing through the hallway.


A/N : Sorry if this chapter is short. It was supposed to be only a rescue mission episode. Spike is back with the gang now. But is it all? What will happen to him and the others? Continue reading the story. And don’t forget to REVIEW.

TBC