Author's Chapter Notes:
Come on guys. I know you can do more than this. Review more please?? Tell me what u feel.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





When a portal started to open up in Hyperion, everyone waiting anxiously stood straight. They were in their fighting stance ready to defend whatever comes through. After waiting for a moment, Buffy and Angel came through carrying a bruised and beaten body of Spike from either side. Everyone was shocked at his condition, no one thought of helping them. The first person to react was Dawn.

“Spike” With a scream, she ran to him trying to embrace him with her wide-spread hands.

“Dawn” Her sister’s voice made her stop before him. “He’s in a really bad shape. Wait for him to heal before doing anything.” Her sister’s unshaken strong voice made Dawn realize that she was in a serious mood. Dawn stepped back allowing Buffy and Angel to move to the stairs carrying Spike’s unconscious body.

Everyone was focusing on Buffy and Angel, they forgot about Faith and Illyria. When they heard a scream of a demon, they turned back to look at the portal disappearing and a demon’s dead body hanging from the grip of Illyria by its throat. Faith looked tired and bruised from the battle as well.

“Wow… that was a rush. It’s been some time since I’ve dealt with stuff like that before.” Faith said exhaustedly. Then remembering the fight in the alley, she chuckled. “Not really.”

Everyone calmed down now after the success of the rescue mission. They were satisfied with the outcome. Even Xander and Giles were glad to have Spike back again with them.

“I guess I’ll be leaving now.” Reaper’s voice broke the peaceful silence in the hall.

“Where do you think you are going?” Angel’s voice came from the stairs.

Reaper turned back to look at Angel. “I believe I satisfied the deal. I am allowed to be free now.”

“I said you will be freed from the cell. I didn’t say anything about your freedom.” Angel nodded towards Willow who was chanting something in Latin.

“EGO vomica vestri animus futurus sent in abyssus” (‘I curse your soul to be sent into hell’)

A mist of wind came through trapping Reaper before he could react. The witch’s power was strong for him to break through. Another portal opened up above him and he got sucked into it. The portal closed and the wind settled down leaving no traces of any after effects of the use of magic.

“I believe that went fairly well.” Giles spoke after all the action in the hall.




When Angel and Buffy moved Spike up the stairs, they took him to a room that looked quite furnished. It was really posh and it seemed like important VIPs used to stay in that room. In any other occasions, Buffy would have been impressed by the decorations in the room. But her focus now was fully on the vampire on her hold. Both of them moved his body to the bed and laid him down. Buffy got on the bed beside Spike and took a good look at his status.

“Can you bring him some blood? It might help him heal quickly.” Buffy raised her eyes from Spike to Angel. He nodded silently and moved out of the room closing the door behind him. Buffy looked at Spike again. She couldn’t be the strong slayer she was pretending to be anymore. She broke down and started to cry. Tears seemed to flow freely from her eyes. She gently touched the wounds in Spike’s body created by the hot pokers. She could feel how much pain it must have been for him. She scooped herself close to his body as much as she can. She slipped next to him and embraced herself around his body never to leave him again. She felt sorrow but at the same time, she felt peace. She felt herself back again alive next to his body. The feeling she has been missing ever since Sunnydale went down.

Angel returned back with a bag of blood. The scene in front of him brought the jealousy back again in him. He couldn’t accept the fact of Spike being part of her life. Even though Spike have become closer to him in the last year, Spike being with Buffy was always not acceptable by him. He cleared his throat to announce his arrival and Buffy looked up at him. He showed her the bag and she got up from where she was sleeping to get hold of the bag. Angel gave it to her and saw her trying to feed it to the unconscious body of Spike.

Spike was still unconscious but his body was reacting to the smell of blood. After Buffy spilling drops of blood over his lips, his mouth opened and she started to slowly pour the blood into his mouth. His body was reacting on its own and started to drink the blood. His body twitched when it flowed through his body after so long. Buffy looked panicked and looked for any signs of pain in his face or body. When she saw him relax, she continued to feed him.

After feeding, she threw the empty bag into the garbage can and went back to her position next to Spike. Angel saw the look in her face and decided to leave them alone for the moment. He closed the door and moved away from the room. He saw Dawn with worried eyes standing outside the door. He gave her a reassuring smile.

“Dawn… what are you doing here?” He questioned knowing the answer.

“I want to see Spike.”

“Spike is resting and so is Buffy. We better wait for a while.” Dawn nodded half-heartedly. She knew how much she wanted to see him but she couldn’t disturb him from taking the rest.

Angel wondered how Spike was able to manipulate all the Summers women. It was something he couldn’t figure out in his life or unlife.




After a few hours, Spike came back to conscious. He felt someone next to him and his instinct reacted by holding her close. He smelled the body next to him while realizing he wasn’t in the chains as he was last time. He wondered what was happening this time. Slowly his senses came back to him. He could feel that this was a different place. He tried to open his eyes but the brightness in the room hurt his eyes. He closed them again and let his other senses focus more. After taking a moment to get back his thoughts, he remembered seeing Buffy trying to hold him. He then knew who was next to him. Instantly he pushed her away from his body as far as he could and fell off the bed to the floor and crawled himself to the corner of the room hiding his face in his hands and knees.

Buffy was suddenly woken up by a sudden push in her body. She lost her focus for a minute and then she noticed where she was. When she saw the empty bed, she panicked thinking it was all a dream. Then she saw the figure in the corner of the room trying to hide himself. She got off the bed and tried to touch him. He flinched and murmured something that she couldn’t hear.

“It’s ok Spike. You are safe now. No one is going to hurt you.” Buffy said with a soothing voice trying to calm him down.

“Get Out” Spike murmured to himself so low Buffy couldn’t hear him.

“What is it Spike?” Buffy questioned him trying to figure out what was wrong.

Get Out” Spike screamed this time finding the strength to speak.

Buffy was shocked by the sudden outburst from Spike. His response brought a sting of pain in her heart and she tried to compose herself. She tried to be calm and supportive to him.

“It’s ok Spike. Everything is over. Nothing to worry anymore.” She tried to calm him down again.

“Get Out from Here. Get Away from Me” Spike spoke loud and clear for Buffy to realize he was serious on what he was saying.

She couldn’t control her emotions anymore. She didn’t expect this reaction from Spike of all people. She was hurt and she couldn’t be there anymore. She ran out of the room and into her own room crying.

All the scream and loud voice brought everyone to attention. Dawn and Angel looked at each other knowing the voice of the owner. Dawn rushed upstairs to see her sister running away from the room into her own. She decided to go and see her sister before talking to Spike.

She opened the door and walked in to see her sister crying in the bed. She sat on the bed and held her sister closely trying to comfort her. Buffy gripped her sister with all her strength, Dawn flinched. Buffy relaxed and looked at her sister’s patient face giving her a questioning look. Buffy broke down again.

“He doesn’t want me. He doesn’t want to be near me.” Buffy whispered between her crying.

Dawn’s eyes were calm and supportive. “Buffy… you need to understand him. He has been through a lot. He cannot be the way he was before. Give him time. He will come back to himself.”

Buffy looked at her sister with hopeful eyes. It gave her more strength to be herself. She nodded and calmed herself down a bit.

“Now you take some rest and I’ll go and speak with him.” Dawn assured her and moved to the door.

Buffy crawled herself back into her bed trying to be patient. She knew she must be more patient and supportive to help Spike through this. She was ashamed of herself to be so weak and vulnerable.

Dawn walked back and went inside Spike’s room. She saw him curled up in a corner of the room hiding his face inside his arms and knees. She couldn’t control anymore, she ran to him and embraced him with all her might.

Spike didn’t react to the girl who was his once loved friend. He sensed her the moment she came in through the door. He still remembers her smell after so long. But his last memories and words spoken to her was still ringing in his head.

Dawn felt him stiffen under her embrace so she pulled back to see if she caused any pain to him. When she saw the blank look on his face, she was troubled.

“What do you want Dawn?” Spike asked in his calm unemotional tone.

Dawn flinched at him calling her ‘Dawn’. As far as she remembers, he always called her by her nicknames he gave her. It was strange to hear her name from his mouth after all this time. But his question angered her.

“What do I want? I thought you were dead. I thought you left me forever. And you ask me what I want? What do you think I want Spike?” She was shouting at him forgetting what she said to her sister earlier.

Spike’s expression changed from blank to a sad smile. He looked at her face with a pained expression.

“I’ll be gone the minute I can move. Don’t worry Dawn. You will not see me ever again.” Spike replied answering her question.

Dawn was confused. ‘What is he talking about?’ Her mind was trying to figure out what he was saying. She realized what he was saying to her.

“I don’t want you gone anywhere Spike. Don’t you realize that?” She asked with a pained expression of his thoughts.

Spike chuckled at her response. But only blood came out of his mouth. Dawn tried to rush in to help him. He held his hand up to stop her from approaching.

“I know what you mean. And you will get what you wanted.” Spike said it loud and clear through his mouth filled with blood. He licked his lips with his tongue to take the blood back into his mouth.

Dawn was lost at his response. ‘What is he talking about? What do I want?’ Then her thoughts of her last conversation with him came into her mind. She remembered threatening him on hurting Buffy. She thought she knew what he was talking about.

She tried to argue with him but he said it with a stone cold voice “Please leave me alone. I don’t want to talk anymore.” With that, he buried his head back in his arms and knees.

Dawn looked at him for a moment with tears threatening to come out. She walked back and went into her sister’s room.

She found Buffy sitting in the bed now and not crying anymore. Tears started to come out of Dawn’s eyes. Buffy was instantly by her sister’s side holding her close.

“I don’t know what to do Buffy. He thinks I hate him still. I don’t know what to do to explain him how I feel.” She murmured.

“It’s ok honey. Like you said, he needs some time. Let’s hope it will be sooner than later.”

Both sisters held each other close and calmed themselves together and tried to take their minds off the vampire they loved so much.


A/N : Spike is back now. But his memories are still on his torture. He thinks they are real. And his responses to people are from that. Just needed to clarify that. And don’t forget to REVIEW.

TBC