Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter was one of the important moments of the story and it had the least amount of reviews and hits than any other chapters. I hope it was because of the server problem they had. If you reviewed and your review is not there, please be kind enough to review it again. If you didn't review yet, please review it so that I'll know what you think. I only noticed it when my faithful readers didn't leave any comment in the last chapter. So PLEASE Review.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





Spike walked back to the hall leaning on Buffy to meet the others. Everyone turned to look at them walk in together. Dawn was the one to react by jumping off the chair and running towards him. She collided onto him with full force; he went off balance and fell on the floor with her still clinging onto him.

Raising her head from his chest, Dawn looked at him worried. “Gosh Spike. I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?”

Spike managed to hide the pain coming from his wounded body and smiled at her reassuringly. “I’m ok Nibblet. Missed you a lot all this time. You have no idea how hard it has been.”

Dawn smacked in his chest playfully. “Why did you be so mean to me earlier?” She looked at him accusingly.

Spike had a grin in his face at her action. “I’m sorry Nibblet. I was a total ass before. Forgive me?” When she smiled back at him, he got a smile on his face too.

“I’m sorry Spike. I’m sorry for what I said in Sunnydale to you. I’m sorry for being so mean to you.” Dawn looked at him apologetically.

“I’m the one in the wrong end Bit. I only hurt you and sister by…” Spike couldn’t say the words. “I’m sorry for everything. I hope you can forgive me one day.” Dawn smiled back at him and gave him a peck on his cheek. “Everything is already forgiven and forgotten.” She gave him a smile to reassure him.

“Ok Dawn. You can get up now. Spike still needs to heal remember?” Buffy helped her sister get up and then slipped an arm around Spike to support him.

“Hey William. Nice to see you alive still.” Angel sneered at Spike.

“Angelus.” Spike hissed remembering his memories.

Buffy rested her hand on Spike’s chest to control him. He turned to look at her and the look in her eyes calmed him down.

“Hey deadboy. Nice to see you not so crazy anymore.” Xander commented and patted his shoulder.

“Great. Now even the Whelp is commenting on me.” A look from Buffy made his cocky tone change. “Thanks Whelp.”

“So Spike, care to explain who was there torturing you and why?” Giles asked while cleaning his glasses.

“I don’t know much. It was W&H torturing me. Apparently the apocalyptic attack was supposed to be his entrance to our dimension and our victory has stopped him from coming through. He was pissed off and was using me to satisfy his anger. And also there was this Dru look-alike lady in there. She had big nails like needles.” Spike frowned at the thought.

“We know. Willow and I saw what you went through. And the lady was killed during your rescue. Courtesy of Illyria.” Buffy pointed towards Illyria who was being silent and standing in the corner avoiding the other humans.

“Hey Blue. Nice to see you alive still.” Spike gave her a smile and she nodded her head.

“It is my honor to spar with you again half-breed. You fought well and proved to be a worthy champion.”

“I don’t know about that.” Buffy gave him a playful smack and with a grin, Spike continued. “But I will be sparring with you after I get healed.”

“I will wait.” Illyria replied.

“Hey Red, Nice to know you still have the touch after Sunnydale.” Willow blushed at his comment.

“Now that everyone is acknowledged, can we get back to the matter please?” Giles said impatiently.

“Some people never change huh Rupert?” Spike mocked at Giles who shrugged it off.

“Right. Back on the matter. I don’t know much. That woman stuck her needle in my head and that’s all I know about them. The rest were nightmares according to Buffy. And trust me it felt real. I have the wounds in my body from them.”

“Wounds from nightmares?” Andrew asked.

“It is possible that when the soul felt the injury, it reflected it in the physical body.” Giles explained.

“Oh. Scary” Andrew sat down scared at the thought.

“I guess we should explain it then.” Buffy started. “When we were watching Spike’s past during the spell, we saw the demon talking with that woman. He was asking about an army of some sort and she said it was getting prepared. I don’t know if it was ready or not. I was sort of distracted.” Buffy looked at Spike to notify her distraction.

“I didn’t hear anything either Giles.” Willow agreed with her friend.

“I wonder if this has anything to do with the sudden attack on Slayers. So far, four Slayers have been killed in battle. The demons that attacked them proved to be strong. But nobody knows who they were or where they live. They come and attack the Slayers and after killing them, they disappear.” Giles explained the earlier situation to everyone.

“Whatever it is, we must focus on it now. I think this might be big. I saw the demon army that came through the portal Giles. It was pretty big. And I think this attack might be stronger than before. We must be prepared for it.”

“I have already sent Faith and Kennedy along with the other Slayers to Cleveland in case there is an attack from the Hellmouth. It is the only one left now after Sunnydale was destroyed. We must research more on the demons and figure out if it is anything related to W&H.”

“Meanwhile, I’ll help Spike get healed. We need him in the battle with us.” Buffy said while clutching onto Spike.

“Don’t worry about me pet. Get me a couple of blood bags and I’ll be ready before you are.”

“Come on Spike. I’ll get you the blood bags.” Angel showed the way to the blood store in his room. Spike followed him walking by himself leaving the others in the library.

When they got to the storage, Angel handed Spike a couple of blood bags and took one for himself. Both of them drank from their bags together. After emptying the bags, they threw it in the garbage. Angel sat on his bed and Spike stood there knowing Angel wanted to talk.

“So did you hear anything from Lorne?” Spike started the conversation.

“I couldn’t reach him anywhere. I think he made it though. Lorne said he will disappear after killing Lindsey for me. He was not made for these battles. He deserves his peace.” Spike just nodded his head in agreement.

“So you met W&H huh?”

“Ya. Dirty old bugger. Nasty head and has a really cracky voice.”

“I’m sorry for being the cause of this.”

“Ah… It’s nothing mate. All in the line of doing the good deed right? Don’t worry about it. I made the choice and I will stand by it.”

“And what about your choice now?” Angel asked Spike looking at him intently.

“What are you on about now Peaches?”

“What is your choice about Buffy? Are you going to be around her again now?” Angel asked showing his frustration to his grand childe.

“It’s none of our business. But for your information, she wants me to be around her and I’ll be a fool not to be.”

“She deserves a normal life. A life without demons and Slayers. I don’t think you or I can give her that.” Angel was trying to convince Spike.

“Don’t you think I bloody know it? If she wants me around, she will have me. I’m not you. I don’t leave the ones I love. I’ll be there with her and if you don’t like it, too bad for you.” Spike smirked and Angel glared showing his demon side in his expression.

“Spike, I’ve known you for a long time. Trust me when I say, you are not good enough for her. Let her live her own life. Let her be in peace. Because if she is around you, it will bring her trouble. Like her risking her life to rescue you. She could have been killed back there. You must let her go.”

“You don’t get it do you? She wants me around. I can’t abandon her. I don’t plan to. I care too bloody much about her to hurt her like that. I tried to stay away but it was harder than I imagined. And now I know that she loves me, I don’t plan on giving that up for anyone or anything. So you can shut your pie hole and let her live her life by herself.” With that, Spike turned around and walked away from Angel.

Spike found Buffy waiting for him in the hallway. She looked at him and knew something was troubling him.

“What’s wrong Spike?” She asked while circling her arms around his waist.

“Nothing luv. Just had a chat with Peaches back there. You sure you want me around right?” Spike asked to convince himself.

“More than anything in my life.” Buffy confirmed him and both gave a pleasant smile to each other.

“Buffy, I need to ask you something.” Giles walked in and ruined their moment.

“What is it Giles?” Buffy asked her Watcher hiding her irritation at his interruption.

“I have been looking through some of the books available in the library. And I was wondering if you knew the soul torturer’s name. I could be able to figure out what kind of army she was raising.”

“I think her name was Maria or something like that.” Buffy answered thinking back at the moments of her memory trip.

“Her name is Maricca. She is one of the ancient soul torturers in the demon world. She raises strength and creates an army as her partner wishes, passing her strength to all of them.” Illyria walked in and answered Giles’ question.

“Oh Good. You know about her. Then you can assist me on information.”

“I’m not here to satisfy your mortal demands. I wish to spar with my pet now.” Illyria replied looking back at Spike.

“Tell you what pet. If you could help out old Rupert here, you can spar with the both of us. How does that sound?” Spike said holding Buffy by his side.

“Very well. I need more challenge to prepare for the upcoming battle.” Illyria agreed and walked away with Giles to the library.

“Since when did you start to make my decisions?” Buffy asked him pouting.

“Don’t worry pet. It will be fun like the old times. She’s quite strong and it will take both of us to take her down. And I’ll make it worth the while.” Spike said and gave Buffy a peck on her lips.

“If you say so. Just don’t make me mad to kill you off ok?” With that, they both walked back into the training room to get prepared.


A/N : Everyone is getting ready for the upcoming battle. Continue to read and don’t forget to REVIEW.

TBC