Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. Hope the story is interesting. As I asked before, can everyone review the story please? The last chapter had few reviews as well and I was expecting more. Please be kind enough to review that and this chapter. Please keep in mind that the only return author's get from writing is the feedback of the readers. So please read and review.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





Giles was going through the books looking for information. When he didn’t find any, he turned his look to Illyria.

“What do you know about Wolfram and Hart?”

“At my time, they were a weak demon group. I didn’t know them personally. I did not meet the person who is called Wolfram and Hart. However, I know he has grown up on his demonic actions since my time.”

“What kind of army would you think he could possess?”

“There are many demons that have extinct since my time. I do not know whom he may possess but I wish to be strong when he does attack. If it is any demon from my time, I need my strength to battle with him.”

“And what exactly happened to you to lose your strength?” Giles questioned her.

“The fusion between my demon essence and my shell seems to be deteriorating. It's as if the shell can no longer contain the demonic power within me. Wesley and the others reduced my essence to save me from exploding.”

“And you need the essence back again to fight?” Giles said understandingly.

“Yes. I wish your Witch could do something about that.”

“It’s not up to me. We can ask the others and hear their opinion on this matter.”

“Aren’t you the leader for them? I seem to see the Slayer and the others tend to listen to you. Can you not make them do this?” Illyria asked her doubt.

“It’s not how it works. We consult and come to an agreement on our actions. That’s how we work.” Giles explained to her.

“I cannot understand human actions in this time. You remind me of Wesley. He tried to teach me about humans and their behaviors. I miss our intercourse.”

“Your What?” Giles looked shocked.

“Our communication.” Illyria explained.

Giles calmed down at that. “Let’s go talk to the others shall we?” Giles walked away hiding his embarrassed face.

He managed to get everyone back together for another meeting. He started the conversation.

“So far, we haven’t got much information about the demons that attacked the Slayers. We have to assume the worst and think it is part of W&H’s plan. After speaking with Illyria, these demons can be pretty strong for normal attacks provided they are from her time. She wants us to give her back her demon essence to defend herself and help us in the process.”

“No.” Xander objected immediately. “How can we trust her? She is a demon god for Christ’s sake. I don’t think we can trust her with more power.”

“What do you think Angel? You have been with her for a while now. You must have an opinion.” Giles directed his question to Angel.

“We thought she was a threat initially. But so far she has been helping us. But I don’t know returning her essence will be such a good idea. She might break down like before.” Angel told his opinion.

“I give my word I wish you no harm. I simply would like to defend myself in case of any danger.” Illyria spoke to the group.

“I think we should trust Blue Bird there. We have been fighting alongside for a while now and I trust her to be on our side.” Spike said his opinion.

“How can we trust her? She is a demon god. Are you forgetting about Glory?” Xander was still objecting.

“You didn’t trust me either Whelp. And I ended up saving your ass in Hellmouth. I know her well enough to trust her. She will not harm any of you or other humans. You can have my word on that.” Spike replied back. Xander settled down after that.

“Are you sure about this Spike?” Buffy raised her concern.

“I am pet. She is a real fighter. When she was strong, all of us combined couldn’t even touch her. We need all the help we can get for this battle if this threat is as big as it seems.”

“Ok then. You heard him. I think it is fair to say she was strong in the battle before. She will be stronger in the upcoming battle. We must have all the strength we can get. Will, can you do anything about bringing back her essence?” Buffy asked her friend going into Slayer mode.

“I can try. Are you sure Buffy?” Seeing the determined face of her friend, Willow continued. “I may be able to bring back her essence. But I need to prepare for it first.” She got up to walk away to get the items needed.

“Don’t forget to make her shell strong too Red. Her body must be able to handle the essence or else we will be back to square one.” Spike called back at Willow. She turned and nodded her head before walking away.

“So we’ll have to wait and see what happens” Dawn spoke and everyone waited in the library chatting with each other.




After a few hours, Willow called everyone to the room where she has prepared for the ritual to bring Illyria’s essence back in her body.

“I need all of you to step back and can I hold your hands?” she asked Illyria who answered her by extending her hands towards Willow.

Willow held both of Illyria’s hands and started to murmur something in Latin. Everyone kept quite and watch her chant with admiration.

“Reverto everto tergum huic crusta. Tribuo vires teneo in ut substantia.” (Return the demon back in this shell. Give the strength to hold on to the essence.)

Willow spoke the final words and black cloud came over both of them. Willow was shaking and Illyria stayed as she always does very calmly. The cloud passed through her body and her body turned to Fred for a moment. Then she turned back herself and the cloud disappeared. Everything in the room came back to normal and Willow looked exhausted.

Xander walked in quickly to take hold of Willow. Illyria was looking at her hands strangely. Then she turned to the others in the room.

“I feel my strength in me. I am grateful for your trust in me. I will offer my assistance on the upcoming battle.”

“She doesn’t look that strong to me.” Buffy whispered to Spike on Illyria’s appearance.

“Trust me pet. She is very stronger than the way she looks.”

“I guess it is time for our spar practice huh?” Spike grinned at her in response.

“I will very much like that.” Illyria stepped forward answering Buffy’s question.

All three of them walked back to the training room to practice their fighting skills.

The others went to the library to research on the demons that attacked the Slayers.




After a couple of hours, Spike and Buffy came back looking exhausted. Illyria looked the same but she had a satisfied look on her face.

“Wow. I didn’t expect her to be that fast and strong.” Buffy appreciated Illyria’s fighting skills. She was impressed by the agility and speed not to mention time freezing talent shown by Illyria.

“I guess you know how I felt when I faced her for the first time.” Seeing Buffy pout, Spike just grinned at her in response.

“I assume the practice went well.” Angel commented. He didn’t join the practice because he didn’t want to see Spike and Buffy fighting together. He couldn’t accept her being with him.

“It was quite refreshing. The half-breed and Slayer moved quite well. They have a combined ability to read each other’s moves. They will be very useful together in the upcoming battle.” Illyria approved the couple. They just looked at each other and Buffy blushed when she realized what Spike had in his mind on Illyria’s words.

“Well, as far as we know so far, these demons come and go as they please. And they seem very strong in their attacks. Also, most of the attacks have been in America. It hasn’t gone to other places yet. So I assume they must have some sort of base in here somewhere.” Giles mentioned all they knew so far.

“Let me see if I can get any more information through my sources.” Angel walked away towards the phone to call his contacts.

“Was there any description on the demons?” Buffy asked Giles.

“Vaguely. Whoever saw them noticed only from a distance. Nobody who faced them up close and personal has survived so far which make them really dangerous. The descriptions of these demons say they are quite tall and built with leopard skin. They have spikes on their shoulders and seem to be able to smash through walls and tombstones with their bare hands. ”

“Seems like a rough crowd.” Spike commented.

“If I’m not mistaken, these demons are known as Grokshie demons. They were predatory demons during my time. Some of the powerful demons at that time joined together and destroyed their extinction. I believe it will be very strong army if W&H has managed to create a mass number of them.” Illyria participated in the discussion.

“Oh. That narrows down the search then. Willow; contact the coven see what you can find about Grokshie demons and whether there are any spells that could be used to battle them. I’ll call the council and see if they know anything about these demons from their library. The rest of you take some rest or research in these books about these demons. We must be ready for them and they can attack anytime they want.”

They departed in various directions to do their tasks. Spike and Buffy moved upstairs and Illyria went back into the training room to practice more. Dawn, Andrew and Xander continued to look through the books.




When Buffy and Spike reached Buffy’s room, Spike hesitated to enter. Buffy felt his hesitation and turned to look at him.

“What’s wrong Spike?”

“Nothing luv. Just wondering whether I should come in. Maybe we should wait till the whole mess is over.” Spike reasoned.

“I remember putting back the feelings before the fight with the First. And I thought I missed my chance to tell you how much I loved you after that. I’m not going to take that chance again. So shut up and come inside.” With that, Spike entered her bedroom.

Once inside, Buffy got comfortable and sat in the bed. Spike was standing and after seeing the look in Buffy’s face, he sat beside her. She leaned into his shoulder and rested her head in there.

“This is going to be a bigger battle than with the First. It may not go as smoothly as last time.” Buffy spoke softly. Spike has put an arm around her and was rubbing her shoulder to comfort her.

“We can come through it luv. We both have died and came back remember? Nothing kept us apart and nothing will keep us apart again.”

“I don’t want to lose you again Spike. I don’t think I can cope with you gone again.”

“Don’t have to pet. I don’t plan on leavin and I don’t intend to loose you again either.” Spike said comforting her.

“Can you hold me again Spike? I missed us together like we used to.” Buffy pleaded with her eyes.

“Sure thing.” Buffy moved and lay in the bed comfortably and allowed Spike to cuddle to her close. Spike put and arm around her and she squeezed herself close to him as much as she could.

They stayed that way for a while both looking into each others’ eyes. After a while, Buffy reached up and touched her lips softly on Spike’s lips. It started very tender and soft but it turned into more passionate and aggressive. Her tongue flickered against his lips as she tried to force her way into his mouth. He opened his mouth willingly for her tongue to enter and wrestled it with his own tongue. Buffy’s hands were roaming on Spike’s chest and she put her arm around his neck to pull him closer to her face.

They kissed for a couple of minutes and Buffy pulled back to take a deep breath. She had fire in her eyes with passion and lust. Spike saw it and when she tried to kiss him again, he pulled back. Buffy looked at him confused.

“Are you sure luv? Do you want this now?” Buffy was confused by his question but remembered that this was the first time they were getting involved passionately since the bathroom attempt. She understood his hesitation.

“More than anything. But if you don’t want to, we don’t have to.” She was giving him the freedom to decide. Spike answered by crushed his lips on hers aggressively as she did a couple of minutes ago.


A/N : Sorry for cutting with that. I am trying to keep it on the rating and I’m not very good in writing sexual situations. Continue to read and don’t forget to REVIEW.

TBC