Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your patience. I thank all the people who have reviewed this story and beg you to continue reviewing it more. More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




Buffy woke up feeling completely relaxed. She hasn’t felt so peaceful and comfortable for a long time. She slowly opened her eyes to look around to see where she was. Her eyes saw the reason for her calmness sleeping next to her holding her close. She got a smile on her face remembering the recent events and she snuggled in closer.

Spike’s face was calm and he looked like a child. Buffy never had the chance to see him sleep next to her. Not even when they had their weird relationship did she wait long enough to see him sleep. He didn’t look like the big bad he pretends to be. He looked more like an angel. At that thought, she reached up and gave a soft kiss on his lips.

Spike woke up at the sudden feeling of Buffy’s lips on his. But it withdrew quickly and he missed the contact. He reached up and captured her lips making sure she knew he was awake. They both kissed each other tenderly. And after the soft kisses, Spike opened his eyes to look at the beautiful lady in his arms.

“Morning luv” Spike murmured.

“Morning. Last night was amazing.” Buffy reddened at the thought of last night’s moments.

“I think there is still room to improve. Care to wager?” Spike teased her after seeing her blush.

“Not right now. Have to talk. Must clarify some things before…” Buffy wanted to clear her questions in her mind.

“Now luv? I think there is more time don’t you think?”

“No Spike. We must get out soon and join the others. I wanted to ask them last night but kind of got distracted.”

“I’ve noticed.” Spike smirked and Buffy blushed at his response.

“So what do you want to know pet?”

“What have you been doing in LA all this time? I mean I know why you didn’t come to see me. What were you doing in here?” Buffy asked trying to find a way to ask her question.

“Was helping Angel and their team out. Angel was running the evil corporation trying to solve problems from the inside. But they were doing a piss poor job at it. So I decided to help the innocents from the outside. A guy who pretended to be working for the powers made me think I was the new champion of the people and all that crap.” Spike explained.

“So you were being the hero in LA?” Buffy trying to hide her giggles at that thought.

“Hey! I was doing a good job helping the innocents in the street you know? I only stopped and came back here after getting my hands chopped off.”

“You got your hands chopped off? How did that happen?” Buffy asked shocked at the information.

“Your crazy Dana Slayer chick thought I was someone from her past. She drugged me from behind and when I was unconscious, she chopped off my hands. Got them fixed thanks to the Evil Inc.”

“Oh… I’m sorry. I should have come instead of Andrew to retrieve her. I could have stopped her. I was mourning for you then, I didn’t feel like coming back to see Angel and his corporation. So I sent Andrew.” Buffy said guiltily.

“No need to feel bad luv. Nothing lost in here. Got my digits working back and I am with you now. So don’t worry about the past.” Spike comforted her.

“We tried to help her after taking her back. But we couldn’t. We had to lock her up and keep her safe.”

“Told Peaches she was too far gone for any help. Feel sorry for the bird. Suffered a lot in her teenage.” Spike said remembering the moments.

“So tell me about Illyria. She seems very cozy with you and keeps calling you her pet. What’s up with that?” Buffy finally managed to ask her question.

Spike smirked at her question. “Jealous Slayer?” He grinned at her.

“Ofcourse I am. You are mine and only mine. How can she call you her pet?” Buffy said pouting. “Besides, she told you cared about her shell. Was it ‘Fred’ or something? Kind of a guy name if you ask me. Illyria told me you said you loved her.”

“Her name was Winifred. But she shortened it to Fred. She was my close friend in here. When I was a ghost, she was the only one who believed in me. She tried her best to make me corporeal. She is a very caring person and I do love her. But I’m not in love with her.” Spike explained.

“Oh.” Buffy said sheepishly. She was being a jealousy woman and didn’t realize what he felt.

“Besides, wasn’t it you who was involved with Immortal. I don’t think you can judge me even if I was in a relationship with someone.” Spike opened up the can of worms with that comment.

“Jeez… Can you give up your vampire jealousy thing already? I told you before. I was not in a relationship with him and I was definitely not in love with him. So start dealing with it ok?” Buffy blasted at him for his comment.

“Oh I’m sorry. Forgive me for not understanding that the woman I love was with a poncy like Immortal after my death. How careless of me?” Spike mocked her.

“You really need to get over your ego and start to understand other peoples’ feelings. Sometimes you show how much of a pig you are. Even the soul cannot change that. When you decide to get over it, let me know.” With that, Buffy got up from the bed and went into the bathroom slamming the door full force.

Spike stared at the bathroom door for a few moments. Then he got off the bed and got dressed and walked out of the room to the hall to find Angel’s stock of alcohol.

“You know early drinking is really bad for your health?” Spike turned to see Xander standing behind him smiling.

“What do you want Whelp?”

“Just wondering what you were doing here early this morning instead of being with the woman you love.”

“It’s not all moonlight and roses and rising music as I guessed it would be.” Spike commented while taking a gulp from his glass.

“Let me guess. You and Buffy had a fight. So what else is new?” Xander mocked him.

“Seems like that’s all we do all the time.”

“Spike. I know I’m not your best friend and you know how I feel about you. But you need to take it easy with her man. She’s been through a lot and I think you need to be more understanding with her.” Xander advised Spike.

“Since when do you start caring about our relationship?” Spike said surprised.

“Let me just say after Anya’s death, a lot of things made sense to me. I was stubborn like you and it cost her. I don’t want to see you make the same mistake like I did. So go and talk with her. Both of you love each other but both of you are as thick headed as they come.”

Spike looked at Xander thinking. Then with a sudden urge, he got off the chair passed Xander towards the steps. Before he made it to the top, he turned to say “Thanks Xander.” Xander raised the glass of scotch to Spike and downed it with one shot.

Spike made it to the room and opened the door looking for Buffy. She was nowhere to be seen in the room and he looked in the bathroom for her. When he couldn’t find her, he ran downstairs looking for her all around. He made it to the basement and found her in the training room punching the life out of the punching bag.

“Hey luv, care to talk?” Spike tried to start the conversation.

“A world of No.” Buffy’s voice was stone cold.

“So let’s dance then.” Spike stood in a fighting stance. Buffy left the bag and came towards him. She tried to punch him but he blocked her. She kicked him in the mid section making him stumble back and before he regained, she punched him straight in the face making him fall back in the floor. Spike jumped up and advanced towards her. She swung at him again but he took hold of her arm and pulled her while circling her with his other arm. She struggled and head butted him making him loose his grip and gave him a kick. Spike steadied and when she charged at him next time, he easily avoided her making her loose her balance. He took hold of her from behind and carried her in the air and slammed her into the floor. Before she could get up, he was over her holding her arms over her head. She had anger in her eyes and also some pain. Spike melted at a look at her face.

“Buffy… Luv, please listen to what I have to say. Then if you want, you can beat the crap out of me.” It seemed to make her relax and Spike eased up on his grip. He moved away from her body and sat on the floor and she got up and sat on the floor next to him but didn’t look at him.

“Buffy, I didn’t mean what I said back in the room.” Spike started nervously looking all around but her.

“I know you think I was trying to hurt you but it was not my intention. I will never hurt you Buffy. You need to believe that. I… I… I was scared.” Spike said stumbling for words. Buffy looked at him but seeing him not looking at her, she turned away.

“Remember the time before the battle with the first when I held you close to me? It was the first time you let me be with you. The real you and that made me scared at that time. It was the best moment of my life and it was the first time anyone ever did that to me. And last night when we made love, it was the first time we did it with love. All those times when we had sex before, it was just physical. Last night was the first time we were together and it was more than words to me. I don’t think heaven could even reach up to what I felt last night and that scared the shit out of me. I didn’t feel worthy of your love. I was terrified and I tried to hide it by what I said.” Spike spoke while hanging his head down looking at the floor ashamed and embarrassed.

Spike didn’t notice Buffy turning towards him and moving close to him. When she held his head with both of her hands, he looked up at her seeing her eyes glistering with tears. She reached forward and gave him a kiss on his lips very gently. When she pulled back, she murmured “I’m sorry too.” into his ears.

Both of them embraced each other holding themselves close. After a while, they parted and Buffy started to speak.

“I’m sorry for what I said too. I was already feeling guilty for being with Immortal in the first place and you putting that in my face hurt my feelings. And as for last night, it was as emotional for me as it was for you. I didn’t even feel that much of love and passion for Angel when we were together. But unlike you, I didn’t feel terrified. I felt complete. I finally had my perfect happiness and I didn’t feel the need to be scared about it. I know you think you are not worthy of it but trust me. If anyone is not worthy, it’s me. After everything I put you through, you still love me is bloody amazing.” Both of them chuckled at Buffy’s choice of words.

“Believe me Spike, when I say I love you, I mean it with every cell in my body. I love the way you love me. I love the way you treat me. I love you for your good side and your bad side. I love the way you care about everyone I care about. I love the way you go to heaven and hell just for me. And I think we both have done that in our lives.”

“Technically pet, I haven’t been to heaven yet. Other than last night.” Spike smirked at her. Buffy giggled.

“I Love You Goldilocks.”

“I Love You William.”

Both of them started to kiss each other passionately and when things started to heat up, a coughing sound from the doorway disturbed them. Looking up, they saw Giles standing by the door embarrassed at what was in front of him.

“Buffy, when you can, we must talk about the battle plan. There have been interesting developments recently.” he said and walked away from the door.

Both looked at each other with an annoyed look. Spike got up first and helped Buffy stand up. Both of them straightened their dresses and Spike said “duty calls. Back to work.” They walked towards the door hand in hand.

A/N : Wanted to give them a chapter to talk about their feelings. Action stuff up ahead. Continue to read and don’t forget to REVIEW.

TBC