Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. I apologize for the long delay. Work caught up with me and I was distracted. Back to normal now. Hope the story is interesting. More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW. Please review the last chapter if you haven't so far.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




When Spike and Buffy got to the library, they saw everyone already settled waiting for them. They entered inside and closed the door avoiding others from hearing their plan. They took seats next to each other holding their hands under the table. Xander looked up and saw their faces and knew they have settled their issues. Giles started the topic and breaking the silence.

“So, there have been recent sightings of the demon we have been looking for in L.A. I have strong belief that this could be the centre to their location and we must take advantage of this information as soon as possible.”

“Where are the demons?” Angel asked.

“A warehouse not so far from here. This is the address of the exact location.” Giles passed a piece of paper towards Angel who looked at it.

“I know this place. Been there once for a case. Quite a big warehouse and definitely a possibility to have demons in there.” Angel clarified.

“So that’s settled then. We go, we fight, we kill, we save the world again. Simple as that.” Xander spoke up.

“I know this would be an irrational decision but I would have to agree. The demons have already started to invade L.A. and they must be stopped before they spread all around. I have informed Faith and the other Slayers to be here by sunset. We must be ready for the attack and be strong as always.”

“Wow Giles… Never pictured you as the fight first ask questions later guy. Nice speech.” Willow complimented and Giles cleaned his glasses.

“We should get ready then.” Dawn started to get off her chair but stopped by a voice.

“You are not going to be in the battle Nibblet.” Spike spoke with clear voice. Everyone sat down and watched the show in front of them.

“And why not?” Dawn looked annoyed.

“Because its dangerous and I don’t want you to get hurt.” Spike turned to look at Buffy with disbelief. “You are seriously not going to let her involve are you?”

“You try stopping her. She is an uncontrollable tornado when it comes to stuff like this. And she has been fighting before the battle with the first. She has been training ever since and I am quite sure she can handle herself. She’s not a kid anymore.”

“I know she isn’t. But whatever we must face is going to be stronger than anything. I don’t want her to get hurt.”

“So you don’t trust in me huh?” Dawn asked looking angry at him.

“It’s not about trust lil’bit. You know I trust you and you can handle yourself. But if for some reason a demon got lucky, I will not be able to forgive myself.” Spike confessed.

Dawn’s look eased up upon his confession. “Don’t worry Spike. Everything will be alright. You’ll see how good I am once I start to fight.”

“Ok. Only on one condition… You stand behind me. Cover my back and always be beside me. That’s the only way you will be involved in this fight.” Spike still wasn’t fully convinced.

“Deal” Dawn looked happy at the final verdict.

“Now that it is settled, we must get prepared.” Giles announced and everyone went in their way to be ready for the battle.




Xander was looking out the window when someone came into his room knocking the door. He turned around to look at Willow standing at the doorstep.

“Hey, can I intrude?” Willow was hesitating.

“Come on Will. You know you are always welcome.” Xander turned to sit in the bed welcoming her to join him.

“Ya. Just that we haven’t spoken to each other for a while and I miss us having our chats. Just wanted to know how you are doing.” Willow sat next to him.

“I’m doing ok. Interesting few weeks but what else is new when it comes to the Scoobies huh?” Xander tried to humor but failed miserably.

“Come on Xander. You are talking to me now. Tell me how’s everything.” Willow can see through his shields.

“Nothing is like the same without Anya. Even when I didn’t marry her, I always thought we will end up together eventually. Then the issue of Spike, and then the first got in the middle. But at the end, we were getting back together. And then I lost her again. And this time, I don’t see any way to get back together again.” Xander confessed.

“I know how you feel. I miss Tara almost every single day. It doesn’t seem right to go on without her. But I know she would want me to. Just like I know Anya would want you to.” Xander simply nodded.

“So how was Africa?”

“Nice. Quite peaceful compared to our country. Heard about the demon Spike went to get his soul from too. It was kind of a miracle down at that place. No one has ever survived the trials before. Made Spike even more unique than he knows. Kind of impressed myself at him.”

“I see you getting along with him now. Seems like you guys are becoming friends.”

“Wow Willow. I wouldn’t go that far.” Xander defended. “We are on speaking terms. I appreciate what he did and I believe in his feelings now. I can feel how he felt when Buffy was gone in that summer.”

“Listen to yourself. All wisdom and knowledge. Are you sure you are the same Xander who gives annoying comments to everyone?” Willow teased him. Xander smiled at that.

“A lot of things change when a person grows up. How’s everything with you and Kennedy?” Willow’s smile disappeared on hearing her name.

“Kind of on rocks if you know what I mean. After Tara, I didn’t believe I could love anyone else. But Kennedy was persistent. And I liked being with her. But she is nothing like Tara. It feels weird.”

“You know Will, each person will be different. You cannot think they would be like how you want them to be.”

“I know. But for some reason, I feel that she wants me to be only with her and not with all of you guys. That’s the reason she took me to Brazil.”

“Well… if you ask me, make sure you know what is going on before you get any deeper. Don’t be in a relationship unless you believe in it. You must live your life for yourself. Not for others.”

“I will take that advice when you take that yourself.” With that, Willow left the room with a smile. She felt good after their heartfelt talk.




“Hey Dawn, what are you doing?” Andrew asked from the doorstep.

“Just thinking. Come on in.” Dawn invited him in.

“Thinking about what?”

“The big battle. Duh!”

“Are you afraid?”

“No. You?”

“No.”

Both sat beside each other in silence. Both were fidgeting.

“Ya. I’m afraid. This is like Lord Of The Rings battle finale. We are going to have to attack Mordor. We will be traveling to a certain death to save mankind.” Andrew was babbling.

“Andrew. Can you please Shut Up ?” Dawn yelled at him. Andrew went to complete silence.

“I know you are scared. I am too. But we have all the people we need and we will be safe. Trust in that.” Andrew simply nodded.

“God. I can’t believe how dorky you can be and suddenly you are all strong to face the Slayer.” Dawn was speaking to herself loudly.

“You thought I was strong?”

“Ya. The way you stood up to my sister for Spike really was something.”

“Oh that. Caught up in the moment. I didn’t like to see him so broken because of others.”

“You care about him a lot huh?”

“Eh… yeah. He is like the strongest and bravest man I’ve known ever. He is like superman without flying powers. He saves the world and sacrifices himself for love and honor and I don’t know many people who would do that.”

“I know Andrew. I care about him too. He was my best friend ever. We talk about a lot of stuff. He used to tell me stories of his past. Whether or not others believed him to be good, I always believed in him. And when Buffy came back alive, everything just started to fall apart. And when I knew what he did, I hated him so much, I forgot about how I felt about him. I didn’t trust my heart. And it caused me to loose my friend.” Dawn sobbed at the remembrance of past.

“I don’t know Dawn. From what I see, Spike never had any bad feelings about you. I know that for sure. He always cared about you. He tries to put a big bad boy act but inside he is very soft. He even taught me how to make flowering onions.” Both of them smiled at that.

“You know Andrew… When you are not talking about your stupid comics, you can actually be very sweet.” Dawn said and touched his cheek with her palms. Andrew blushed at her action. He got up and walked to the door. Before he left, he turned around and looked at Dawn.

“So let’s go be heroes.” With that, he left the room.




Buffy and Spike are in their room holding onto each other lost in the feelings of being with each other. The whole world seemed in a distance for them. They didn’t want to end the moment but they knew they would have to sometime.

“We are not going to have a walk in a park with this one.” Buffy broke the silence of their moment.

“I know.”

“I don’t want you to take any stupid risks you hear? I want your ass back safe and sound. Or else I’ll find you wherever you are and kick your bloody undead ass.” Spike smiled at her and gave a kiss to her forehead.

“Where else would I want to be other than beside you? Even heaven would be hell without you by my side.”

“Make sure you remember that in the fight ok?”

“Same applies to you too.” Buffy was silent.

“Did you hear me luv? Don’t you dare be the big chosen one and try to do everything by yourself. We fight together and we stay together.”

“I understand.”

“Make sure you do because if you leave again, I will have a walk into the sunshine. It won’t matter whether the Scoobies can bring you back or not.” Spike said determined.

“Hey… No death thoughts before the battle.” Buffy tried to humor the situation.

“I still haven’t heard you accept what I said.”

After a moment’s silence, Buffy said “I accept.” Spike gave her a tender kiss in her lips and both held onto each other tightly enjoying the closeness.

“So what are we going to do after the battle?”

“Your choice luv. I stayed to help Angel. Now that W&H is gone and Angel can do whatever he wants, I can do whatever I want.”

“Good. Maybe we can go on another world tour. You can show me around this time.”

“A bit of a problem in that plan pet. Vampire here. Will be a pile of dust in the daytime and night time only travel will take a long time.”

“We must find something for your skin allergy to the sun. Interrupts a lot of our plans.” Buffy said pouting.

“We’ll think about it later. Now, we must be ready for whatever is coming to get us.”

“Oh yes. The big Apocalypse.”

Both got up from the bed and reluctantly walked downstairs to face the music.

When they were about to go down the stairs, Buffy halted for a second. Spike felt it and looked at her questioningly. She suddenly took off back into the room. Spike was confused by her actions but stayed in the steps for her to come back. She came back with her hands behind her. When she brought it in front of her, she had the duster Spike wore.

“Isn’t that…”

“Your duster.” Buffy finished.

“How did you get that? I thought it would be crisp by now with all the fire and all.” Spike said surprised.

“Willow found it. She left it in my room. I kept it with me and I just remembered that you should have your duster when going into the fight.”

“You know luv, this is not the duster I used to wear back in good ol’ Sunnyhell.”

“I know. Do you really think after all the time between us, I wouldn’t recognize the difference between your old duster and new?” Buffy questioned and then blushed when she realized what she said.

“So you did notice did you?” Spike smirked at her. She playfully pushed him away and walked downstairs with Spike following her grinning.

A/N : Story is coming closer to the end. Hope you are enjoying it. The Big Battle Up Ahead. Continue to read and don’t forget to REVIEW.
PS: For people who noticed a glitch in the story, I know Buffy never knew who brought the duster to her office. But that scene was a late addition into the story and thus it stands out. I apologize for any odd feelings you felt because of it.

TBC