Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long awaiting delay. Real life caught up with me and I couldn't get out for a while. Please forgive me. I hope I didn't lose my fans' interest. Hope the story is interesting. More chapters coming up. PLEASE CRITICIZE & REVIEW.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.





The door to the Hyperion opened and in came in the Slayer army. Faith entered leading the other Slayers into the hall. All the Scooby members came down to receive them. Buffy and Spike were the last ones.

“Hey B, Did you miss me?” Faith teased.

“Sure Faith. Did you bring enough weapons for everyone?” Buffy asked in commanding voice.

“Sure did. Check out the vans outside. Can fit all of us and weapons are also there. We should be leaving in an hour if we want to reach there by sunset.”

“Ok then. Let’s get ready.” Buffy turned around to her friends and family. “Listen everyone. This is going to be really nasty. But make sure the nasty is for the Demons ok? Don’t get yourself into any troubles. Dawn, you are going to be with Spike all the time. Xander and Willow can stick with Angel. Giles and Andrew will be with Illyria. That’s how we stick till the end of the battle. Everyone knows what you should do. So let’s go kick some Demon ass.”

With that, everyone moved to the vans. One of the vans was tinted with black windows for Spike and Angel. They hopped into it and the others boarded as well. Once everyone was settled, the vans started to move towards the warehouse.

After an hour of traveling, the tension was still high for the Slayers and the Scoobies. They didn’t know what to expect and they are going in blindly. The new Slayers have never faced an apocalypse before and they are terrified at the thought of the world ending. When they arrived at the warehouse, the sun was down enough for Spike and Angel to get out of the vans freely.

All of them got a weapon for themselves. Spike and Angel went for the broadswords while Buffy took a slim but strong sword. Dawn had a medium size sword and daggers by her belt. Andrew was holding a sword but it was shaking along with him. All of them started to move towards the entrance of the warehouse.

When they entered, it was empty. Nothing was there in the warehouse. Everyone was confused.

“Did we get the wrong address?” Buffy asked the question.

“Don’t think so luv. Getting a very bad vibe here. Seems some Demon is still here.” Angel simply nodded in agreement.

“Some dark magic is at work here Buffy; I can feel it within me.” Willow also chipped in.

“So what are we dealing with here? Invisible Demons?” Faith asked.

“Welcome everyone. I was expecting you to come by earlier. Seems you are late on your arrival.” A voice from far distance welcomed them. Everyone turned to look at the Demon. Spike, Buffy and Willow recognized him instantly.

“Wolfram & Hart” Spike growled.

Angel was surprised but recovered and got ready to attack. The rest are still confused on the empty warehouse.

“So I guess we should start the invasion.” With that, W&H waved his arms widely. It seemed like a smokescreen got lifted and everyone saw a big army of Demons in front of them. Far in the distance, a portal remained open.

“I think we are outnumbered B.” Faith claimed.

“I noticed that.”

“So what’s the plan?”

“Willow… Any mojo would be really useful here.” Buffy called her friend. Willow was already on it. She was whispering some Latin words and raised her hands in the air. A crackling sound was heard but nothing happened. Willow was confused.

“Silly Witch. Did you think your magic will be affective this time? You are dealing with ME. Your spells are ineffective.” W&H exclaimed and laughed at Willow.

“I’m sorry Buffy. I can’t do anything unless I let magic control me.” Willow looked guiltily.

“It’s ok Will. We can handle it.” Xander comforted her.

The Grokshie Demons as Illyria correctly predicted moved quickly towards the army. Before they reached anyone, Illyria stepped forward.

“What is she doing?” Xander whispered to Willow.

“Don’t know.” Willow answered back while looking at Illyria.

Illyria waved her hand in front of her and the movements of the Grokshie Demons slowed down. They didn’t stop but it was slower than the human speed.

“I believe it would be easier for you to attack them now.” Illyria stated and moved towards the Demons.

Everyone was surprised and shocked for a moment but regained themselves and moved towards the Demons. The Slayers reached first and started to slaughter the Demons. They were very strong and a slice and dice didn’t take them down. A strong powerful thrust only barely penetrated their skins. Their strength however was much stronger than the Slayers. With one sweep of their arm, Slayer went down to the ground.

Angel vamped out and jumped at a Grokshie Demon. He tried to twist its head but it was too strong. It took hold of Angel and threw him away. He got up and attacked it again this time with punches and kicks. It barely staggered but continued attack made it move behind. He swung his sword with all his might and it cut the Demon deeply. It gave a loud growl and fiercely attacked him back. Angel moved away from the angry Demon and swung his sword again to thrust in its back. The Demon was weakening and Angel got the upper hand. He drew back the sword and stabbed the Demon again through the already bleeding wound. It gave a loud cry and fell dead to the ground.

Buffy has found herself a Demon as well. But it seemed quite strong for her to handle. She has stabbed the Demon many times and the Demon was bleeding from its wounds. But it was still strong enough to fight the Slayer. She took a strong swing and connected it with the Demon’s neck. Usually a swing like that would have chopped anyone’s head off the body. But it only cut the Demon’s neck halfway. The sword was stuck on its neck and Buffy gave a strong pull which cut something in the Demon’s neck. It gave a cry and bled to death.

Faith was handling her Demon pretty well. It was stronger than normal Demons but not as strong as its companions. She was attacking it with full force. She managed to get hold of the Demon from behind and pushed it to a pipe in the warehouse. It struck through the Demon’s body. Faith came behind and used all her might to push the Demon further into the pipe. It laid there hanging lifelessly.

Willow has managed to find some spells that could harm the Demons. But it is not strong enough to kill them. She used the spell to momentarily weaken them and Xander would strike his sword into the Demon’s neck to kill it. They had a pretty good workout on that system and managed to kill some Demons.

Spike was handling the Demon pretty well. He has managed to cut off the wrist of the Demon so far. And also have wounded it deeply. It still managed to challenge him and fight him. Spike had an eye on Dawn who was struggling with her Demon. She was defending herself but hasn’t managed to do any harm to the Demon. Spike pushed his Demon off far enough to turn his head to look at Dawn’s Demon. It was reaching for her and with the sudden anger coming through him; Spike swung his sword with all his might and chopped off the Demon’s hand. It cried out in pain and Dawn took advantage of it by striking her dagger through the Demon’s eye. It fell to it’s knees and Dawn took a mighty swing and cut the Demon’s head off completely.

“Nice Work bit. You’ve got pretty good strength.” Spike complimented while looking at his Demon who was struggling to get up.

“Told Ya.” And Dawn went towards another Demon. Spike shook his head and muttered ‘bitty Buffy’ in low voice. Dawn called back “I heard that.”

Spike turned and looked at his Demon enemy.

“Come on mate. Give me some challenge.” When it didn’t attack, he just swung his sword and stabbed the Demon right through where a heart would be. It fell to the floor and Spike moved onto another Demon.

Illyria had no problem against the Demons in front of her. She was throwing them like dolls. Her natural strength was far more powerful than anyone predicted. She tore off the Demons’ heads and threw them like a ragged ball. Giles and Andrew were following her defending themselves when needed. Illyria was moving towards where W&H was standing.

The rest of the Slayers including Kennedy were struggling but managing to keep up in the battle. The slow pace of their enemy gave them definite advantage and they are taking it full force. They have managed to kill a number of Demons so far. But they have sustained a heavy damage as well. No casualties yet on the good side. There is still a lot of Grokshie Demons alive yet to be attacked.

W&H was surprised at the courage and strength of the mortals. He expected them to fall back or be weaker than what he witnesses before him. But they still have to face him and when they do, they will not survive.

Illyria was very close to W&H and he came to attack her face to face.

“Illyria. It is an honour to meet the old one. I am very surprised of your participation in the mortal struggle. I would have assumed to be untrue if I have not seen it myself.”

“The mortals are strong at heart and their fight for survival seems to be fitting. I would have to hurt you unless you retreat and go back to where you came from.” Illyria threatened.

“I cannot do that I’m afraid.” W&H prepared to fight.

When they punched each other, both of their strength seemed equal. Illyria was surprised but didn’t give up her fight. Instead she fought harder with more power. He was keeping up his end for a while by defending and attacking whenever he saw a weakness in Illyria. But it seemed to be ineffective on her as she fought back without losing her balance.

Angel has managed to kill more Demons on his end and was nearing W&H. He wanted to end the battle himself. He started the battle for the innocents and his friends followed his path. And because of W&H and his firm, Angel has lost more than anyone should in their lifetime. And it seemed fitting for him if he was the one who ended it. He closed on W&H as fast as he can while killing the Demons that came in his path. He has got used to the Demons and their weaknesses now after all the killing. It seemed effortless now and he killed them automatically.

Buffy was also moving towards where W&H and Illyria was fighting. She saw him in Spike’s memories and saw the pain he caused him. She was determined to get her revenge and nothing in her way would stop her from having her revenge. That included the Grokshie Demons.

Spike was protecting Dawn as much as he could while moving towards the big battle himself. He assisted her sometimes but mostly allowed her to kill the Demons by herself. She was getting hand with her killing spree on the Demons. She knew how to attack them after watching Spike Demonstrating it. She is sneaky and moved quicker than the Demons for them to be able to attack her properly. She stabbed them in their weak parts and moved along with Spike.

Xander and Willow are working as a team still while following Angel’s path. They have managed to kill an amount of Demon with the magic spells. Giles and Andrew were along in their way to the big battle themselves. They got separated from Illyria during her quick movements and they caught up with Xander and Willow instead. Now all four of them moved in the path Angel was moving.

Faith and the Slayers were not interested in the big bad. They were busy handling the Grokshie Demons. They were slaughtering them and taking the wounded away from the battle. Faith gave the order for the junior Slayers and instructed them on the attack.

Soon, Buffy, Spike and Angel along with his followers have reached closer to where Illyria was manhandling W&H. She has gained the upper hand and now thrashing him into a bloody pulp. When the gang got close, Illyria gave a hard roundhouse kick to W&H which made him crash with the wall making a hole.

“Ooh… That can’t feel good.” Xander commented.

W&H got up to his feet. He looked at all of them in front of him. They were ready to pounce on him. W&H snickered at them.

“Now you are going to feel the real meaning of pain.” With that, he started to murmur something in Latin.

His body was boiling and cracks were starting to come in his skin in front of everyone. Smoke started to come from his body and covered the area he was standing. Nobody could see anything happening in there for a moment. When the smokescreen cleared, instead of W&H, there were three different Demons looking at the gang.

“I’m guessing this is a bad thing.” Xander said.

The Demons represented the name Wolf Ram and Hart. One of the Demons had a Wolf face with sharp teeth that could tear up a human skin effortlessly. The skin was also similar to a wolf. Only difference would be that the Demon was walking in two feet unlike a wolf. The second Demon has a Ram head and strong rough skin. And the final one had a Hart head with pointed horns. All their eyes were red and they are taller than average humans. All three started to move forwards the gang.

The gang quickly split into groups. Illyria was ready to face the Wolf and Angel was facing Ram. Buffy was going to face Hart but Spike came in and stood by her. She looked at him and he looked in her eyes. Both came to a silent understanding and took their stance to be ready to fight. The rest of the gang turned around to stop the Grokshie Demons from interfering.

Wolf pounced on Illyria who took hold of his arms and threw him away with his momentum. He crashed to the floor. Angel didn’t have such luck and Ram rammed himself onto Angel taking both of them down. Hart rushed into the waiting Slayer and Vampire. Both managed to take down his momentum and get him to the ground. He got up very quick and moved to attack them again.

When he came back forward, he smashed his head onto Spike. Spike gave a yelp and moved away bleeding from the wound caused by Hart’s horns. Buffy took hold of the Demon from behind and threw him away onto the ground. She moved over him quickly and started to thrash the Demon’s face with a series of punches. He pushed her off and moved away. Spike was up by that time. He moved onto attack the Demon with his vampiric strength. The Demon managed to defend itself and punched Spike away from it. Buffy was back and both joined forces to attack the Demon simultaneously.

Meanwhile, Angel and Ram have been having a blast of their own. Ram was quite strong for a Demon but Angel’s suppressed anger was bringing the best out of him. The Demon was defending himself from Angel rather than attacking him. Ram did manage to get a couple of swings on Angel who took him down but he was back on his feet with vampire speed. Angel was bleeding from his wounds and Ram has gotten wounds from the attack by Angel.

Illyria was the one who was comfortable with the battle. She was not intimidated by the look of Wolf and kept attacking the Demon full force. The Demon seemed very weak from the attacks by Illyria. But it was still on its foot. Both of them were brawling and the Demon has managed to inflict some wounds on Illyria’s body. But she doesn’t seem to be concerned about that. She was focused on killing the Demon.

The Slayers were killing the Grokshie Demons still but they kept on coming from the portal. Willow tried to shut it down but it was magically protected. She couldn’t do anything else but attack the Demons with the spells that does have an affect on them. Xander and Giles were going a good job killing the weakened and stunned Demons. Andrew was terrified initially but he was along with Dawn hurting the Demons anyway they can. Together, they were doing a very good job stopping any Demons passing them towards the big battle.

Illyria was the first one who got the upper hand over the trio. Wolf got the upper hand initially and pounced on her. When she fell onto the floor, he tried to rip her body off with his teeth. Before he got a good bite off her, she took hold of his head and twisted it with all her strength. His neck cracked and the Demon’s body fell off of her. She got to her feet and looked at her wounds where blood was bleeding freely. She rubbed it off like nothing and then looked around her where the other two brawls are happening.

When one of their brothers was killed, the other two of the trio’s strength weakened. Buffy and Spike managed to easily take control over Hart and took him down with their attacks. Spike pulled out his sword from the ground and rammed it through the Demon’s chest. When he was howling, Buffy took hold of her sword and rammed it on the other side of the chest. With both swords through his chest, Hart gave the final breath and died.

Angel who didn’t notice anything happening around him attacked Ram with all his strength. He didn’t notice Ram’s strength weakening and Angel managed to get the upper hand in their fight. He beat up Ram as much as he could and then as a final justice, he bit Ram by his neck sucking the life out of him. He tore off the Demon’s throat and spit it out letting the dead Demon’s body fall to the floor.

Then everything happened in slow motion. People seemed to be frozen in their position to Angel. A blinding light came over him. And then someone appeared next to him and took his hand. The person pulled Angel by his hand towards a shining door and Angel didn’t have any will over his body except to follow through. For some reason, he didn’t feel threatened by that person. He walked to the door which opened and stepped in.

For the others, all they saw was Angel biting the Demon by its neck and spitting it out. And a sudden light covered him and he disappeared. The gang was startled at that but they didn’t have time to think. The portal was still open and Grokshie Demons still came through.

“Willow, do you think you can close the portal now?” Buffy called out to her friend.

Willow focused her energy on the portal again and whispered the same Latin words as before. Without any restriction, the portal closed by Willow’s command. The rest of the Grokshie Demons were stuck in their own dimension. The Slayers and the gang managed to kill the stranded Demons without any more loss in their end.

“What happened to Angel?” Willow asked her friend who was just as confused as she was.

“I don’t know. One minute he was there and the next minute he wasn’t.” Buffy answered confused.

“Maybe he got shifted to another dimension as well?” Xander gave his opinion.

“Bloody hell. Another dimension? Another rescue mission? When will this ever end?” Spike asked annoyed by the thought.

“When the world lives in peace and harmony.” Dawn sing-songed at him giggling.

“Whatever happened, we need to find him.” Buffy finally concluded and looked around at the fallen dead bodies and Slayer bodies in the warehouse.


A/N : Sorry if the battle is sloppy. My imagination didn’t run that well on the battle scenario. Some unexpected results in the next chapter which would be the final chapter as well. And an epilogue after that. Let me know whether a sequel is a good idea. Continue to read and don’t forget to REVIEW.

TBC